Originally posted on 05/06/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
Nope.
I'm alive and I'm living with my loss perfectly.
Same way I won lots of bets, same way I lost some of them.

Goodluck to all of you!
The mental game is probably more important than the money game. I can understand and relate to your mindset. We are addicted to gambling, I've realized that long ago. I can also understand what you did with your bet, the whole betting the big favorite to protect yourself from losing your profit on something stupid. I used to do that on tennis back when Sampras played thinking I couldnt lose to protect my bankroll. I did....

The key to a gambling addiction is understanding yourself, accepting you probably can never quit and learn to be a better gambler. The most important thing I did in my life was hand the keys of my betting account to my wife. They are my accounts, my bets (I use a specific tout I've been using for the last 10 years) but she places the bets and has the passwords. This was the only way I could control my sports betting and actually profit off it long term. Made my wife a believer since she was now able to see the results as It used to be shrouded in secrecy. Poker, I don't have a problem for some reason.

good luck!