EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Week 8 Picks!

Didn't post last week, but had a good week... Yeah, I know... believe me or not, I had my first great week in a while and it isn't documented. Ah well. I'm here to offer my plays/picks and writeups, let's get some discussion going!

Green Bay Packers
    +6 @ NY Jets

The Jets have been covering machines this season, and are playing at home, Revis is back... No brainer, right? Let's not discredit who they are playing - Aaron Rodgers. This game means more to the Packers than it does the Jets, so they should be able to stay inside a TD. Plus, Revis being "100%" is always nice - but Greg Jennings is purely being used as a deep threat this season. Jennings could beat Revis deep as Revis admits speed receivers are toughest for him (said SS89 was hardest last year, beat by Moss this year). Al Harris and Atari Bigby are back for the Packers, so their secondary is getting healthier as well.

Buffalo Bills +7 @ KC Chiefs

The Chiefs are the biggest fluke in the NFL... I really hate them for some reason. I really hope the Bills didn't look good last week, because I've had this game highlighted ever since the Chiefs started the way they did. Ryan Fitzpatrick is decent enough to be inside of a TD vs the Chiefs, and the Chiefs offense isn't good enough in my eyes to do this on a week to week basis.

Titans @ SD Chargers -4.5

The Chargers have had some horrible luck this season, but I really like them as a team going forward. I like them for a few reasons here - they are 'due' to play well. The Titans are traveling to the west. The Chargers are in a due-or-die must win, and the Titans aren't playing with as much to win. **** the injuries, give Philip Rivers. And for the sake of Fantasy football in my PPR league, give me a big game from Darren Sproles! (Forte and McCoy on byes )

Minnesota Vikings +6 @ New England Patriots

The Patriots are very good, but the Vikings aren't THAT bad, are they? The Patriots defense is very vulnerable, and you have to figure that eventually the Vikings will show up. Adrian Peterson should have his way with the Pats, and as long as Favre is on the field, the Vikes have a chance. Randy Moss should be hungry to score in New England. The Vikings should be more hungry than the Pats, who are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of performance this season.

I have two small parlays as well:

Broncos +2, Packers +6, Bills +7, Chargers -225, Vikes/Pats o21.5 1st half, Colts -5.5 Bet 27.80 to win ~1000.

Jaguars +6.5, Bills +7, Chargers ML (-225), Vikings +6, Saints pick, Colts -5.5 Bets 26.20 to win ~1000

Opinions in other games:

Broncos +2
    Jags +6.5
    Lions -3
    Panthers +3 (don't bet on my team.. >_>)
    Dolphins -1
    Bucs +3
    Seattle +3

Good luck to all, and let's discuss!

EricZ116

5-2 in early games (2-0 in my plays, one of my losses was stupid of me taking my own team but didn't play it)

let's keep it going

EricZ116

Went 3-1 on my picks, missed both parlays... Have a teaser up that I didn't post here that is hinging on the Colts +.5, might hedge it.

7-4 currently, waiting on the Saints to finish up..

KC Needs Hockey
    KC Needs Hockey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Not a bad run why the colt with the spread?

KC Needs Hockey
    KC Needs Hockey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

I really like Houston in that game with Punter Pat and Dallas Clark out and A. Johnson and O. Daniels healthier than they have been. With special teams and running a game a huge advantage towards Hou. think they win minimum lose by a FG.

EricZ116

I like the Colts for a few very simple reasons. Peyton Manning is at home. They are looking for revenge, and the Colts actually AREN'T in first in the south. I feel like a TD isn't very much in this rivalry. Granted, if my parlays were still alive, I would hedge my bet big time... And I am hedging my teaser (44 to win 200, have Colts +.5, betting Texans ML for 50) but it isn't really anything statistically. I just love Peyton Manning, at home, with some extra motivation to play for. Losing Clark/Collie is big, sure, but he took them into this world, so to speak... He can take other random guys (see Blair White... big game this week). Plus, the Texans secondary still sucks (last I believe).

Take this all with a grain of salt, because I am not betting this game singly. It wasn't on my card for a reason, I'm not THAT confident in it. But if I had to choose, I think Peyton wins by a TD.

EricZ116

9-4 on my picks this week, 3-1 on my plays. Hit a teaser on here and for real $, lost both of my parlays. Pretty successful week as a whole, look for my picks next week!