swede96
    swede96's Avatar Become A Pro!

Listen, I don't really want to talk smack. The "genius" started it. I think Dallas is a great team (and Tony Romo is a little hottie)...but I'm a Pats fan to the core (with Tom playing, the very deep places of my core, but that's not the point). The whole cheating/refs on our side/running up the score bullshit is getting old. A tiny bit of respect for a talented team wouldn't kill anyone. I, myself, am pretty fond of both the Steelers and the Cowboys right now. That doesn't change the fact that I am hoping to see my Pats make it through a perfect season.

When did NFL fans, players and coaches become such whiney babies? Even the genius here....COME ON! The Pats beat the Cowboys earlier this year. With all his trash talking, that point was brought to his attention. His response? "No!! It's not fair! Players were hurt and they cheat!" Seriously? This is the fvcking NFL, not Pop Warner. People get hurt and teams go on to win games without them. It's SOOO childish to see grown men hiding behind all these excuses.

Okay, I'm done....for now.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    You can talk smack after you win 5 Superbowls. Plus, no Dallas team has taken an ass beating in the SB like NE did vs. Chicago.
    You are right - I went back and check SB history, although, I must say I had to look back REALLY far to find the last time Dallas was in the SB .... 11 years ago.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Right!
    prove it

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by swede96 View Post
    Hey, when's the last time the Cowboys went 13-0? Just askin'
    never happened, and but they did win 5 superbowls, and played in 8 that is what really matters.,

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    You are right - I went back and check SB history, although, I must say I had to look back REALLY far to find the last time Dallas was in the SB .... 11 years ago.
    And the last time they were there, who did they beat?

MJFtheGenius

So what, the Steelers had a stretch like that too, I have not looked it up but from like 1981 to 1995 they did not reach a superbowl.

The Seer

Listen, I don't really want to talk smack. The "genius" started it. I think Dallas is a great team (and Tony Romo is a little hottie)...but I'm a Pats fan to the core (with Tom playing, the very deep places of my core, but that's not the point). The whole cheating/refs on our side/running up the score bullshit is getting old. A tiny bit of respect for a talented team wouldn't kill anyone. I, myself, am pretty fond of both the Steelers and the Cowboys right now. That doesn't change the fact that I am hoping to see my Pats make it through a perfect season.

When did NFL fans, players and coaches become such whiney babies? Even the genius here....COME ON! The Pats beat the Cowboys earlier this year. With all his trash talking, that point was brought to his attention. His response? "No!! It's not fair! Players were hurt and they cheat!" Seriously? This is the fvcking NFL, not Pop Warner. People get hurt and teams go on to win games without them. It's SOOO childish to see grown men hiding behind all these excuses.

Okay, I'm done....for now.

I give all of the respect in the world to the Pats. I am a huge Belichick fan. The guy studies film like no other. He game plans defense like no other too. Until someone beats them, they are the best this year. Plus, I have Moss on my fantasy team. I pull for him every week!

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Since when did past SB wins have anything to do with present day games? Is that the whole game plan?

"Duh...our team played in 8 super bowls so we're gonna win. Huh huh."

Last time I checked, all that mattered was what was going on on the field during the 4 quarters happening then. Boy do I feel foolish...

Sportsgirl

And the last time they were there, who did they beat?

Pittsburgh - first time outta three chances!

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    So what, the Steelers had a stretch like that too, I have not looked it up but from like 1981 to 1995 they did not reach a superbowl.

I wasn't talking about the Steelers - I was merely pointing out that it has been quite awhile since Dallas was in the Super Bowl, while the Patriots have been there much mroe recently.

MJFtheGenius

I wasn't talking about the Steelers - I was merely pointing out that it has been quite awhile since Dallas was in the Super Bowl, while the Patriots have been there much mroe recently.
    So what is you're point, are you saying the Patriots overall have been more dominent in NFL history then the Dallas Cowboys? You're not making sense, I feel like I wasted my time reading you're post

Sportsgirl

So what is you're point, are you saying the Patriots overall have been more dominent in NFL history then the Dallas Cowboys? You're not making sense, I feel like I wasted my time reading you're post
    I was saying that the Patriots have been more dominant in RECENT NFL history.

**Note to self: Find out who is twisting Genius' arm to read my posts.***

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

When did NFL fans, players and coaches become such whiney babies?
    I believe that change took place in Jan 1969. In fact, I'm certain it did because it was two days after my pop bought our first color TV so we could watch Super Bowl III in style. Sucker must've weighed several tons, and then I missed the game on TV and had to listen to it on the radio while perched on the roof constantly turning the antenna for the best reception. After Joe Willie and the Jets upset the Colts, one of our neighnors bitched and moaned for a solid month, and from that point on NFL fans, players and coaches were all whiny babies.

We now return you to the smackdown

perhapsnot
    perhapsnot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought this would be an ok place to ask about the Dec. 30th game .....Cowboys @ Redskins.

Cowboys are +1......dogs?

Any insight?

MJFtheGenius

I was saying that the Patriots have been more dominant in RECENT NFL history.

**Note to self: Find out who is twisting Genius' arm to read my posts.***
    obviously, you do not need a brain to know that.

swede96

never happened, and but they did win 5 superbowls, and played in 8 that is what really matters.,
    Mmmm'kay pookie. Well we're up to three just in the last five years, so I think we just may catch up to you....in the next couple of years...but if were using the ENTIRE history as the franchise...

MJFtheGenius

Mmmm'kay pookie. Well we're up to three just in the last five years, so I think we just may catch up to you....in the next couple of years...but if were using the ENTIRE history as the franchise...
    Maybe, but I don't think so, they have to having a losing stretch somewhere in the next 3-4 years and the Cowboys were the original team to win 3 superbowls in 4 years, if not for a few disasters, like Jimmy Johnson leaving, salary cap and cocaine we would have won more.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by perhapsnot View Post
    Thought this would be an ok place to ask about the Dec. 30th game .....Cowboys @ Redskins.

Cowboys are +1......dogs?

Any insight?
    perhapsnot, at that point the Cowboys will have clinched homefield so they will most likely rest most of their star players. Washington could still be fighting for a playoff spot and even if they're not then it would be their last game and they will leave their starters in to try and beat their hated rivals. Cowboys +1 would make Joe Public lay down hard on the Cowboys. I would lean Redskins here.

swede96

I give all of the respect in the world to the Pats. I am a huge Belichick fan. The guy studies film like no other. He game plans defense like no other too. Until someone beats them, they are the best this year. Plus, I have Moss on my fantasy team. I pull for him every week!
    I will be proudly wearing my Moss jersey on Sunday...I will not, however, be at the game this week. The Pats/Jets game is NO place for a lady. It's bad enough a guy offered to lick my toes and elbows (yes, ELBOWS) at the Steelers game.

swede96

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I believe that change took place in Jan 1969. In fact, I'm certain it did because it was two days after my pop bought our first color TV so we could watch Super Bowl III in style. Sucker must've weighed several tons, and then I missed the game on TV and had to listen to it on the radio while perched on the roof constantly turning the antenna for the best reception. After Joe Willie and the Jets upset the Colts, one of our neighnors bitched and moaned for a solid month, and from that point on NFL fans, players and coaches were all whiny babies.

We now return you to the smackdown
    Ahhhh....that clears it up. Carry on, boys. Uh-oh...did I just call you "BOYS"?! Waaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

perhapsnot
    perhapsnot's Avatar Become A Pro!

thx seer.

swede96

Maybe, but I don't think so, they have to having a losing stretch somewhere in the next 3-4 years and the Cowboys were the original team to win 3 superbowls in 4 years, if not for a few disasters, like Jimmy Johnson leaving, salary cap and cocaine we would have won more.
    OKay, I get it. You're going all '72 Dolphins style...hating on us because you thought you were all speshul for winning 3 in 4 years. Get over it. It's our time right now. I'm sure things will come back your way eventually.

Hey! Lets play a new game! I call it: "Count the LAME Excuses!" Come on...I'll start:

1. Jimmy Johnson leaving
    2. salary cap
    3. cocaine

Yes folks, ALL in one sentence!!

Good lord man. Every team has people leave...salary issues...and at least one player on drugs at any given time. Seriously....go have yourself a good cry about the horrible things that just happened to your team through NO fault of their own 10 years ago. I think you'll feel better, really I do. I mean the way that cocaine just hops up on it's little legs and jumps up people's noses....dangerous stuff.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

I will be proudly wearing my Moss jersey on Sunday...I will not, however, be at the game this week. The Pats/Jets game is NO place for a lady. It's bad enough a guy offered to lick my toes and elbows (yes, ELBOWS) at the Steelers game.

Unless that was from your brother, that was bad again how? And like you don't get offers like that from just pumping gas into your car.

The Seer

You will have to post your pic then.

The Seer

Swede96, I also feel women in jerseys are sexy too and being for the other team just spices it up.

swede96

Swede96, I also feel women in jerseys are sexy too and being for the other team just spices it up.
    Jersey or Sweatshirt...take your pick, baby.

Yes, I am hugging a Steelers fan...it's my big brother...I kinda have to.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

And she left off her absolutely gorgeous face.

swede96

Duh...I've only e-known these guys for like 2 chat-months! Whachu think? I'm stoopit?

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Heck no. I was just letting them know they are missing one sweet treat.

The Seer

I like the sweatshirt better. It doesn't hang down as far. I bet you are cute. You have to put a face on there next time.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

What's with all of this talk about ancient NFL history? You guys are all starting to sound like a bunch of Don Shula's. Nobody cares what happened 30 years ago in the NFL, unless we're watching an NFL documentary or something. The only thing that matters is the players that still playing in the NFL. The rest is historical artifact.

For the record, the Packers have 11 NFL championships. When your franchise gets to 11, then we can talk.

As for the NFL in 2007, it goes like this:
    1. Patriots
    2. Colts
    3. Cowboys
    4. Packers
    5. Jaguars
    6. Chargers
    7. Steelers
    8-16. Vikings, Giants, Seahawks, Bucs, Skins, Browns, Titans, Texans.

The playoffs will decide who's really the best in 2007. We don't really need to discuss any of this unless you can lay down some hard numbers regarding handicapping angles which can yield some definite profit. Say "Cowboyz rulez" gives zero handicapping value that can be used intelligently.

Sportsgirl

What's with all of this talk about ancient NFL history? You guys are all starting to sound like a bunch of Don Shula's. Nobody cares what happened 30 years ago in the NFL, unless we're watching an NFL documentary or something. The only thing that matters is the players that still playing in the NFL. The rest is historical artifact.

For the record, the Packers have 11 NFL championships. When your franchise gets to 11, then we can talk.

1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Colts
    4. Cowboys
    5. Packers
    6. Jaguars
    7. Chargers

The playoffs will decide who's really the best in 2007. We don't really need to discuss any of this unless you can lay down some hard numbers regarding handicapping angles which can yield some definite profit. Say "Cowboyz rulez" gives zero handicapping value that can be used intelligently.
    I fixed that foryou

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8523

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    And she left off her absolutely gorgeous face.
    is that you in your avatar? if so nice

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

1. Patriots
    2. Colts
    3. Cowboys
    4. Packers
    5. Jaguars
    6. Chargers
    7. Steelers

Yes 11 Championships. I know that they were not all Superbowls, but the Superbowl wasn't around at the start when the Packers Dominated. I'm not saying there going to win the Superbowl, or even make it. I'm just happy with there play this season. I mean come on how many of us including me thought they really would even go 8-8. Not me. So to only have 2 losses at this point it great.

I just wanted to agree with what slacker put up on a post. I'll be honest though. I would love to see the Packers, and Patriots in the Superbowl. And then have the Packers beat them just like they did in the 96 Superbowl. Just my opinion. Will it happen? Probably not. But I can wish right?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I fixed that foryou
    Haha. The Steelers have the ingredients to run another miracle like a couple years ago, but it's unlikely this year. Too many other good teams, and the Steelers won't be sneaking up on anyone this time. Honestly, I don't think the Steelers beat Jax at home this weekend. Steelers might be lucky to win their own division. gl tho

First 12345 Last