2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Posting so it marks the thread. Good luck again this year bank let's get to this money. I'll post discussion periodically. This usually the only thread I bother reading.
    right on bro..looking forward to it..

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Good call on the over, bud! I thought you had it easy, it was crazy how over bettors ended up having to sweat that one out!

Looks like we both crushed it this week, always good to see!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Good call on the over, bud! I thought you had it easy, it was crazy how over bettors ended up having to sweat that one out!

Looks like we both crushed it this week, always good to see!!!
    yea geno and his red zone ineptitude bout got me,, like i said only made it few points higher than them and 44 was my low end so kinda figured it be close,, i actually bet a half unit on 2nd half under thinking pretty good shot at the middle, worked out well. love when the total on a really good pace at half and i get the middle chance with 7 points or more..

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

cool bank glad u hit over
    nevermind the miami / raiders game i 'm not betting that shitfest
    cannot believe i bet the shitty jets who suck every year, i never bet the jets

Broncos
    Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    pretty freaking close

Doesn't matter how close, as long as we WIN! Great job this week bank. Always look forward to reading your game analysis. To bad I still bet the stinking texans. Fitzpatrick is plain horrid! Keep up the good work. Good luck

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

We all just watched you kill it and take it 2daBank SMASHED IT in the NFL

Boooom!

+1.

2daBank

skins-3 -130 (1x).. used to be i hated sides in this gm but have kinda came around to idea home team never a bad idea,,hate the juice but it is what it is.. ill talk about it later if interested dont have time now..

Marooner
    Marooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1465

this guy doesn't even bet on games....

he just comes here to pick up men.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

Bank can I ask what was your record last season?

Cross44
    Update your status
    Cross44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

Bank,

Just wanna to drop in and say THANK YOU again. I had an awesome year mainly tailing you last year and your insight into the teams and your picks are pretty much the only reason I come on this fourm. BOL this year! You're off to a good start!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 16kredit View Post
    Bank can I ask what was your record last season?

i honestly dont know my man, ive finished up every year since i started doing these threads but as you might have noticed i dont really bother with record keeping as my account balances do that for me. just like sharing my thoughts, what ya choose to do with them up to you..

2daBank

ok lets start the show..

skins-3 -130 (1x).. used to be i hated sides in this gm but have kinda came around to idea home team never a bad idea,,hate the juice but it is what it is.. ill talk about it later if interested dont have time now..
    we were on gmen last week not cause i think they turning some corner, improved maybe but improved from total shit to extremely avg which is more than enough to beat a hou team w a shit run defense and a offense led by the walking turnover ryan fitzpatrick. i guess you could tell me the same hou team beat skins week 1 and of coarse you would be correct, however skins did hold them to 1 offensive td (other was a blocked punt) and ill stick to my story that if cousins was the qb skins win that gm. cousins in now and im of the belief skins are several points better with him under center opposed to that scrub rg3. for some reason books dont see it that way and rate them bout equal, i think that will change so until it does gonna try and take adv of lines i think a little short.

the big thing here is skins front 7 is really good imo,they have been among the best in the league at stopping the run and i believe they will make things tough on jennings thu night. so if skins can take away the nyg run gm do you trust eli with the gm on his shoulders? having to put up a reasonable amount of points vs what i think will turn out to be a pretty high powered offense? i certainly dont, skins back end is bad no doubt but im not sure it matters. if eli is forced to throw it 35+ times i think he gonna make mistakes..i also think the way to take full adv of skins weakness in the secondary is to attack them vertically, something that isnt really in this new nyg playbook as they have become serious dink and dunkers. this really works to our advantage as skins have been very stingy once teams get in the red zone which makes sense considering their corners cant get beat over the top and the front 7 can make a huge impact. they only have been allowing teams to cash in 28% of the time while nyg been once again a avg at best team in scoring range. this has really turned into a red zone league, with the way gms are called every team gonna get a extra trip or 2, the difference in gms comes down to what you do with them. here we get the better red zone offense and defense, i imagine this gm isnt all that high scoring. i made the total right bout where they have it, it gonna come down to skins taking 7 while nyg settling. lets call it 24-20 skins.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 09-23-14 at 07:33 PM.

2daBank

ok lets start the show..

we were on gmen last week not cause i think they turning some corner, improved maybe but improved from total shit to extremely avg which is more than enough to beat a hou team w a shit run defense and a offense led by the walking turnover ryan fitzpatrick. i guess you could tell me the same hou team beat skins week 1 and of coarse you would be correct, however skins did hold them to 1 offensive td (other was a blocked punt) and ill stick to my story that if cousins was the qb skins win that gm. cousins in now and im of the belief skins are several points better with him under center opposed to that scrub rg3. for some reason books dont see it that way and rate them bout equal, i think that will change so until it does gonna try and take adv of lines i think a little short.

the big thing here is skins front 7 is really good imo,they have been among the best in the league at stopping the run and i believe they will make things tough on jennings thu night. so if skins can take away the nyg run gm do you trust eli with the gm on his shoulders? having to put up a reasonable amount of points vs what i think will turn out to be a pretty high powered offense? i certainly dont, skins back end is bad no doubt but im not sure it matters. if eli is forced to throw it 35+ times i think he gonna make mistakes..i also think the way to take full adv of skins weakness in the secondary is to attack them vertically, something that isnt really in this new nyg playbook as they have become serious dink and dunkers. this really works to our advantage as skins have been very stingy once teams get in the red zone which makes sense considering their corners cant get beat over the top and the front 7 can make a huge impact. they only have been allowing teams to cash in 28% of the time while nyg been once again a avg at best team in scoring range. this has really turned into a red zone league, with the way gms are called every team gonna get a extra trip or 2, the difference in gms comes down to what you do with them. here we get the better red zone offense and defense, i imagine this gm isnt all that high scoring. i made the total right bout where they have it, it gonna come down to skins taking 7 while nyg settling. lets call it 24-20 skins.
    gb/chi ov 49 (2.5x)...i typically run thru the card and put down my initial spread and total before i even look at the lines.. i wrote down 51.5 for this gm and honestly thought i might be a little low. pretty surprised to see this here so i jumped on it w/o a second thought. i guess we have packs slow offense start and cashing the under in det for this line, i get it gb has started slow but the offense is still gonna be elite by years end. they have faced really good defenses that all can get after the qb their 1st 3 gms, that aint the case this week. chi allowed the jets into the redzone something like 6-7 times on monday night! you think pack only coming away with 19 damn points if that happens? i sure the fukk dont.. there really not a lot to say here, we gonna get 800+ yards of offense easy. both teams gonna pass and run at will. both teams gonna score, i think it takes 30 minimum to win this thing. all i can say is either im a sucker or they under shot this 1 cause i think it more likely they hit 60 than go under this number. i also think it closes a lot closer to what i initially wrote down than what im betting it at..

2daBank

if ya know me ya know im not a big "trap" guy but is atl not the set up of the week or what? who the hell isnt gonna be lining up to pound them? hell even i want to when i see less than a fg.. i swear there will be 20 threads bout this gm and you will hear a ton of ppl tell you
    "dont over think it pound atl", then half that number saying "minny the play, dont over think it. side with the books" nothing i hate worse than being told not to think, i find the ability to do so a good quality, guess im in the minority..so while id love to hear opinions on this game i dont wanna hear i shouldnt think god dammit!!

zimmer certainly has the minny d playing better than i would have thought his 1st season, figured they would improve but w/o looking at numbers id say they have done a more than respectable job. holding aints down in the big easy impressive and now they home outside vs a team that fares much better in domes. so it certainly not out of the question that atl offense is slowed down i dont think. still dont think the falcons d is all that good, not sure what we get out of bridgewater but i thought he should have been the starter out of the preseason.. interesting gm, most likely one i pass on and let the squares and wanna be sharps battle it out but curious if anyone has a super compelling argument either way?

Flagrant1
    Flagrant1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Banker, happy belated anniversary and congrats on a very nice week 3. I'm with you on Skins ats and GB-Chi over, especially with Bears depleted secondary. I'm staying away from that Atl-Minny game. It seems like a toss-up to me and I see no reason to back one side over the other.

I was also looking at Bills +3. I think Buffalo is a better team than they showed last week and the Texans are still overrated. I'm also leaning SF and Carolina both ats and under for Car-Balty game. I know you usually like Baltimore, but I think this might be a bounce back spot for the Panthers. Although I'm a little concerned about their pass rush not being the same without Hardy. I also want to take Saints -3 at Dallas, but not sure what to think about NO this season. I figured that eventually they'll figure it out and get on track offensively and defensively. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrant1 View Post
    Banker, happy belated anniversary and congrats on a very nice week 3. I'm with you on Skins ats and GB-Chi over, especially with Bears depleted secondary. I'm staying away from that Atl-Minny game. It seems like a toss-up to me and I see no reason to back one side over the other.

I was also looking at Bills +3. I think Buffalo is a better team than they showed last week and the Texans are still overrated. I'm also leaning SF and Carolina both ats and under for Car-Balty game. I know you usually like Baltimore, but I think this might be a bounce back spot for the Panthers. Although I'm a little concerned about their pass rush not being the same without Hardy. I also want to take Saints -3 at Dallas, but not sure what to think about NO this season. I figured that eventually they'll figure it out and get on track offensively and defensively. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    thank you sir..

yea i agree with bills, good chance i play them on the ml and spread depending where the line goes. tend to think last week was just the tip of the iceberg for fitzpatrick, more turnovers to come when bills get pressure on him. hou rush defense is trash so would think bills offense will be just fine in this one..

you know me well, i dont make a habit of fading ravens at home. dont have much interest in playing them this week tho. i agree panthers d will show much better for sure, this one certainly has the makings of a defensive battle. ive looked at under a little but i have hard time playing under on low totals these days. kinda has the makings of 20-17 tho so certainly couldnt blame anyone for liking the points or under.. the biggest interest i have in this gm really is that steve smith sr is a freaking steal in weekly fantasy leagues this week, loved djax last week to show out vs his former team but that took a bigger leap of faith as he hadnt done much and is big play dependent. luckily he got his big play and i cashed a nice little payday. i think it a lead pipe freaking lock smith sr goes off on his former team!

if you made me play it id take sf as well but that line kinda ballooned fast and not sure im interested laying that many. maybe in a ml parlay or something but unless it comes back down to -4 not sure i get involved outside of that.

after doing this for damn near 20 years think last week was the straw the broke this stubborn camels back, from now on im waiting on the sunday night contest as when i play it early by kickoff there too many times i think im prob on wrong side but refuse to get off it.. it pretty much for sure im on aints or nothing, just will revisit after the day games are over..

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

I pretty much agree with all your picks/evaluations of the games this week so far, nice spots to bet, especially that over in Gb/Chic.

also agree with bills to win outright....

thanks for posting, keep up the good work, I just started the ncaaf card but gonna start getting into nfl by Thursday night but these solid edges you've already pointed out makes looking into card a lot easier...

...and I wouldnt touch atl/minn with a ten foot pole....too many ?'s

2daBank

yea smut i pretty much agree with everyone saying they not touching the atl/min gm...figured plenty were playing tho so was just curious what were the reasons they were backing either side..

ive all but given up on ncaa, i just dont have the time for both. love college fb but im better off tailing a few guys i really respect and sticking to my own opinions on the handful of teams i follow. i wont even argue with ppl that say nfl harder to beat cause of tighter lines but for whatever reason ive always had a better read on it than the college kids, luckily i know some really sharp cats that do very well w ncaa and put the same kind of time in that i do with nfl. think it bout time i stopped wasting their plays with my own! in btp im 10-3 in nfl and 0-2 with ncaa, lol..

as always i appreciate the kind words, that goes for everyone. i read your post and appreciate knowing that the time i put in actually does help some ppl. i just dont like quoting them all as i feel like it would be a little self absorbed to do so. thanx again to everyone tho

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Like the skins at -3 tomorrow. What do you think about the total banker? This is another Thursday night game that looks a bit tough on the under call. Both teams can put up points. Also there are going to be turnovers leading to scores on both sides as well. what r ur thoughts?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Like the skins at -3 tomorrow. What do you think about the total banker? This is another Thursday night game that looks a bit tough on the under call. Both teams can put up points. Also there are going to be turnovers leading to scores on both sides as well. what r ur thoughts?
    if it hits 47 i kinda like the under,, anything less id pass.. i dont think gmen gonna score that much, right around 20 i think, they stall out in red zone a lot and skins play really good defense when teams are in scoring range.

2daBank

gmen/skins 1st half un 23.5 -120 (1u)..think this a decent matchup to get back on the thu night under bandwagon,, crappy field, short week, div matchup where i think both front 7s will give the qb's problems. just has the makings of a ugly gm to me, should be more rushing attempts than passing by both teams early on, if and when gmen drive it will be a methodical process that eats up a good portion of a qrtr and most likely ends in 3 at least half their opportunities...

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20454

I agree with the under play. I think we see a classic ugly TNF game tonight.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

bank. "no td scored in 1st quarter" = +220. comment ?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    bank. "no td scored in 1st quarter" = +220. comment ?
    i could certainly see it happening, not sure if the odds are good enough to take tho?? overall i think the field will limit offense to a extent but gotta remember bad footing could easily lead to someone breaking a long one as well..

Snowball

i could certainly see it happening, not sure if the odds are good enough to take tho?? overall i think the field will limit offense to a extent but gotta remember bad footing could easily lead to someone breaking a long one as well..
    some interesting props. another "no team to score 3 consecutive" is +165.
    let us know if you take a prop. thanks.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    some interesting props. another "no team to score 3 consecutive" is +165.
    let us know if you take a prop. thanks.
    i dont generally play many,, used to do some player props but have kinda shifted those into focusing on daily fantasy leagues.. skins and 1st half under bout it for me. gl if you play any tho..

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

gmen/skins 1st half un 23.5 -120 (1u)..think this a decent matchup to get back on the thu night under bandwagon,, crappy field, short week, div matchup where i think both front 7s will give the qb's problems. just has the makings of a ugly gm to me, should be more rushing attempts than passing by both teams early on, if and when gmen drive it will be a methodical process that eats up a good portion of a qrtr and most likely ends in 3 at least half their opportunities...
    Good luck bro.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Glad to see you doing well bank.

I'm with you on WAS tonight, grabbed it earlier in the week at 3-125 thinking it would get close to 4, but looks like some NYG money coming in to push it down even further. No clue what the thinking is on the NYG side. Fed Ex is gonna be going nuts, Skins should be -5.5 or -6. I gotta say though that I think Cousins has been over-performing. I'll be watching him close tonight, but he's Andy Dalton to me until he proves otherwise.

I'm also with everyone and their brother on ATL this week. I'm all about fading ATL and NO on grass or whatever they got up at Gopher Stadium, but I'll take Matt Ryan and that 3-wide set over Bridgewater in his first start w/o AP or Rudolph laying only a FG. MIN D is the truth, but I don't see how they sustain drives and this defense should get worn down.

Other sides that look good: BUF+3+105, CAR+3+105, DET-1.5, CHI+2, MIA-3.5, JAX+14, NO-3, KC+3.5 .... PIT and IND in teasers.

2daBank

ugh, not exactly the start to the week i was hoping for. on the bright side skins effort was so pathetic i went to sleep before half and caught up on some much need rest, lol...

Snowball

whatever happened to the RAIN forecast
    Skins on the garbage list.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    Glad to see you doing well bank.

I'm with you on WAS tonight, grabbed it earlier in the week at 3-125 thinking it would get close to 4, but looks like some NYG money coming in to push it down even further. No clue what the thinking is on the NYG side. Fed Ex is gonna be going nuts, Skins should be -5.5 or -6. I gotta say though that I think Cousins has been over-performing. I'll be watching him close tonight, but he's Andy Dalton to me until he proves otherwise.

I'm also with everyone and their brother on ATL this week. I'm all about fading ATL and NO on grass or whatever they got up at Gopher Stadium, but I'll take Matt Ryan and that 3-wide set over Bridgewater in his first start w/o AP or Rudolph laying only a FG. MIN D is the truth, but I don't see how they sustain drives and this defense should get worn down.

Other sides that look good: BUF+3+105, CAR+3+105, DET-1.5, CHI+2, MIA-3.5, JAX+14, NO-3, KC+3.5 .... PIT and IND in teasers.
    man bro you gonna play atl and det? i dunno, seems like 1-1 at best on those 2. atl doesnt have much of a pass rush, i think teddy gonna form a real quick bond w patterson plus he showed last week he capable of picking up 1st downs with his feet, prob no chance in hell id touch minny but im steering clear of atl.. now jets i might be able to wrap my head around, det is god awful on the road and the ass whipping they took in carolina didnt do much to make me think anything has changed. jets front 7 is every bit as good as the lions imo and even with geno's issues i trust him more under pressure at home than i do stafford under pressure on the road. this is a jets team that basically dominated chi even tho they lost, you cant convince me det on the road is better than the bears. think law of avg plays out a little and geno will be better in the red zone this week, he certainly cant be worse and jets were still in that gm. the defense limited a really good bears offense and i expect them to cause even more problems for det..

i do like the bills, any team i think can slow down the run gm will be a team i look to back as long as the walking turnover fitzpatrick is playing qb for hou.. also like bills run gm and like i said last week you can run on hou all day..

gun to my head id take the pack but i like the over better. i think eddie lacy gets it going vs bears shit run d, i mean they could sell out to stop him but if you put 8 in the box double bitch gonna whip those corners..bears run gm should get right as well tho, not sure if they put a emphasis on in or not but they should. i thought the total was several points short so that where im at..

agree with fish, them or nothing. i dont make a habit of betting these stupid london gms real often tho. shit hard enough to cap w/o worrying about teams travel habits, who had too much fun,ect ect ect.. i will say oak has traveled a lot of miles the last 14 days which cant help their cause..

i would need more than 3 to take anyone against balty at home, but again i know im generally too high on them. i think steve smith gonna light panthers up honestly. doubt either offense has a ton of success cause i dont think either will be able to get their run games going.. dont trust either qb a whole lot so prob a pass for me..

i understand jax and i dont hardly ever lay double digits but to me it prob a pass..

agree with kc but not sure if i like them more than the under or not?

indy in teasers for sure, i trust them far more than pit. kinda scared of going against a tampa team that had a few extra days to think about getting embarrassed on thu night last week..still dont really think pit is all that good even with the way they took panthers apart, i dont trust their d at all, might look into the over in that gm..

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post

Who's the girl? She Indian?
    Your wife?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Who's the girl? She Indian?
    Your wife?
    LOL, pretty sure that's some model/actress/random celeb... Doesn't look much like a "wife" pic to me. For that matter, does anyone have actual wife/gf pics in their avatar on here? Sorta doubt it.

Also, she looks pretty clearly Indian to me.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

Bank just a note on your take at the jets: Front 7 is still good, agree but they lack creating turnovers which would be essential since Geno cant manage the whole game himself. Not to mention Megatron and Tate will gash the secondary. Allen is not a good matchup against either of them.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 16kredit View Post
    Bank just a note on your take at the jets: Front 7 is still good, agree but they lack creating turnovers which would be essential since Geno cant manage the whole game himself. Not to mention Megatron and Tate will gash the secondary. Allen is not a good matchup against either of them.
    i know their secondary is garbage, if it was anything like years past they be a easy bet a lot of weeks.. if megatron plays he not gonna be close to 100% from what i understand and i think a strong front 7 is enough to limit a lions team that has to show me they can play on the road before i buy it. i dont think the panthers secondary is all that good and lions only managed 7 in that gm..i still think geno can be a good qb, obviously he struggles when the field shrinks but between the 20s there a lot to like about him, biggest thing is the way he stands in under pressure and makes throws. that a nice quality to have vs a very good pass rush. i think the lions secondary is beatable as well it just a matter of withstanding the pass rush. clearly he has to be better in the red zone but law of averages has to balance out from last weeks 6 red zone 1 td debacle, he isnt that bad! if jets can just manage to punch in half their chances they gonna be a tough team to deal with..guess my thing here is i dont trust stafford on the road to stand in under pressure and not make some mistakes himself..

First ... 567891011 ... Last