Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who will be Miami's next head coach?

Pete Carol interviewed for the job and said it was real enticing. Mike Martz is another name being floated around. Do you guys think Carol will be crazy enough to leave USC? Who do you guys think will be on Miami's sideline next season?

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I wrote something in Happy Boy's "Saban is a liar" thread earlier.

This aint going to happen but I really think Norv Turner could succeed in this situation. A solid defense with an offense that has loads of potential. All Norv needs is a stud running back. I believe he would have that in Ronnie Brown. They could be pretty good with a stabilizing factor at the helm. They don't need any rah-rahs (insert Carroll here) nor do they need madmen at the helm (insert Martz here). The Dolphins need a stabilizer at the helm.

If I were advising Mr. Huizenga (sp?), I would tell him to hire Norv Turner.

E

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Huizenga will go with retread coach this time. He seems to be one of those guys who will go for the big name.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Jim Caldwell(took over for Dungy last year when his son died) has a good chance of getting this job... Indianapolis Star reported that he had talked with them... I think Caldwell lands one of the open positions this off-season...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by EBone
    If I were advising Mr. Huizenga (sp?), I would tell him to hire Norv Turner.
    I think Norv has pretty much proved that he's a really good offensive co-ordinator and a very average (I'm being generous here) head coach.

Why would you give Norv yet another shot at HC???

Doc JS

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9630

I think Chan Gailey will be a solid NFL head coach if he gets another shot. Two years in Dallas with a fading team and he went 10-6 and 8-8 with two playoff berths. Done a nice job at Georgia Tech.

Miami would be crazy to go with Pete Carroll. What happens when Carroll goes 6-10 and 5-11 and Tennessee, Penn State, Michigan or other big-name schools come calling like with Saban?

At least an NFL assistant or even Gailey wouldn't be a big name to go back to college coaching. If Gailey comes back, he's staying in the NFL.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 667

Marty if the Chargers lose this weekend.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS
    I think Norv has pretty much proved that he's a really good offensive co-ordinator and a very average (I'm being generous here) head coach.

Why would you give Norv yet another shot at HC???

Doc JS

Well, Doc, my thought was that the Dolphins needed an offensive mind to be their head coach (I think their D is solid). But they also need someone who is a bit calming. I think Norv fits this description and I think he can develop QBs as well. In order to develop the QB though, he needs a stud RB. Ronnie Brown has the potential to fit that description as well.

My thought is that Miami has a solid D but they need someone to organize them on offense. I think they have some grand weapons offensively but they need someone who can handle QBs well. Norv is calming and is, as you say, a good offensive coordinator who could prove to be a good head coach in the right situation.

E