Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

TB/NYG Game I need help!!!!!!

TB has been killing me all year, I just can't get a good read on them. I thought for sure Phil would blow them out of the water last week after coming off a bad loss. Now we have TB going into Giant stadium, the Giants are on a short week and favored by 9.5 pts. I know they win this game, but can they cover????

TB has covered 4 in a row and the NYG have covered 3 in a row. I am lost on this game.....please help!!!!!

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Staying away from this one myself. The Giants are clearly the better team but they rarely play well as big favorites. I wish they were dogs every Sunday!

josebla89
    josebla89's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think tampa bay is solid as a teaser, and a meidum strength bet taking them on the 9.5. they have played much better against opponets with that new rookie qb whom is looking pretty good. combine that with the tb defense which is playing ok. I'm going to do some more research but right now tampa and the points seems to be the way to go. The Giants have been playing very well lately and are due for a letdown i see them winning but i dont think it will be by more than 7

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats the weather suppose to be up there on Sunday?

Italia_NYC

As of today, it's supposed to be nice here Sunday; in the mid 50's. That doesn't mean anything though; these weathermen couldn't predict a coin flip.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

After winning two straight home games ATS (TB), the team in next road game is 0-7 ATS this season.

Also, since this season seems to have a strong 'college' feel, TB is off a last second miracle win (62 yd FG), so they're probably a little too happy. Meanwhile, I do like the focus of the NYG, who are now on the same page and want nothing less than the Superbowl.

9 pts is a lot, though.

Siuman

No rain, but very windy....hmmmm maybe the under here too. That wind in the Meadowlands will make those footballs look like knuckballs. Might be a running game on Sunday

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    After winning two straight home games ATS (TB), the team in next road game is 0-7 ATS this season.

Also, since this season seems to have a strong 'college' feel, TB is off a last second miracle win (62 yd FG), so they're probably a little too happy. Meanwhile, I do like the focus of the NYG, who are now on the same page and want nothing less than the Superbowl.

9 pts is a lot, though.
    Not trying to split hairs and didn't look at any others but it jumped to mind that Denver covered at home against Bal and Oakland and then hit the road to cover against Cleveland last week. I like the Under on this one...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

They did, didn't they? I didn't check the stat, because it came from someone I respect. My bad.

Knoxy
    Knoxy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tampa +9.5

Giants will be playing a little less intensively and Tampa's showing life.
    Last edited by Knoxy; 10-25-06 at 08:55 PM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Actually I think Dark Horse is right nosuzieno. Denver did NOT cover against Oakland, so their cover at Cleveland did not matter.

Good Luck All

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Play Under

AC1318

All this talk about cover this that two wins road lose Blah Blah Blah

Her is something for you guys the last 7 times these 2 played each other the game has gone under.
    7-0 is good enough for me to say shit on both teams and play the under

Italia_NYC

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318
    All this talk about cover this that two wins road lose Blah Blah Blah

Her is something for you guys the last 7 times these 2 played each other the game has gone under.
    7-0 is good enough for me to say shit on both teams and play the under
    Normally I would agree with a trend such as this, but no way I see this game staying under 40.

The last 7 times these two teams met, the Giants didn't have this prolific of an offense and the Bucs didn't have this bad of a defense.

The Bucs dropped 23 on the Eagles and the Giants dropped 36 on Dallas last week. This game has over written all over it.

AC1318

TB only scored 9 on the eagles
    special teams scored 14
    giants are better defense at home than eagles on road

giant scored 27 on dallas
    special teams 9 points
    plus dallas stinks and so does their defense we saw that in the eagles game which could have ended either way depending on last possesion wins the game

I was just giving my opinion bet the over we will chat after the game good luck

Italia_NYC

Fair enough. Cheers.

Siuman

TB only scored 9 on the eagles
    special teams scored 14
    giants are better defense at home than eagles on road

giant scored 27 on dallas
    special teams 9 points
    plus dallas stinks and so does their defense we saw that in the eagles game which could have ended either way depending on last possesion wins the game

I was just giving my opinion bet the over we will chat after the game good luck
    Keep an eye on the weather....very windy is the forecast for the Meadowlands...might be a running game for both sides.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by Siuman
    Keep an eye on the weather....very windy is the forecast for the Meadowlands...might be a running game for both sides.
    I was playing the under you think it is no good

Over jax phi 42.5
    jax +7
    over sd st louie 45
    under nyg tb 41
    Last edited by AC1318; 10-27-06 at 02:54 PM.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

My advice on the Tampa/NYG game is to lay off it. I really like the Giants at home in this spot... Tampa is coming off a steal of a win - and they've now destroyed over 30 units in bets of mine in 3 weeks (teasers/parlays). I think it's a good spot to pound against Tampa, but damn, they battle in EVERY game. That's just TOO many points and feels like a gamble to me.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14677

9 pts is a lot, though.
    I share these thoughts DH, and yours too McBain from your post just previous. I'll add that TB's last two wins were of the last-second nature and going north on the road after two close wins of the draining variety is not a good thing.
    With regards to the points making us squeamish though, I've
    become comfortable giving 9 because I think NYG will be out
    to make an NFC East Divisional statement here. PHIL, DAL &
    WASH are all sliding off whereas the Giants have traction.
    Divisional traction often leads to taking action - firmly setting
    yourselves apart from the divisional pack - and it just so happens, poor (Toledo college) Gradowski and the Bucs will be
    the team that visits for this 'Giant' effort . . .
    But the bigger reason the spread sits okay with me is that TB
    lost Brian Kelly and that right there, that's probably good enough for a NYG touchdown . . .

I took NYG -9.

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

No touchie here!

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

They did, didn't they? I didn't check the stat, because it came from someone I respect. My bad.
    No, it was my bad. I had them in winning teaser v. oakland that is why "cover" came to mind. As usual, you provided quality trend and I apologize~

Siuman

I was playing the under you think it is no good

Over jax phi 42.5
    jax +7
    over sd st louie 45
    under nyg tb 41

As of right now take the under, but I would watch the weather. They are calling for windy conditions on Sun in NJ.