Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOOKING FOR SOME QUALITY INPUT ON DETROIT at NEW ORLEANS

I am very much leaning on putting 5 dimes on the Saints at -9 with a +102 juice. Because I have a habit at times to see only what I want to see, I am looking for any quality input on this game. With the big guy out on defense for Detroit, and injuries at running back, and with the game being played at the Super Dome, I just do not see Detroit coming this spread.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

I haven't made a play on this game yet, but honestly I like the Saints to cover here, normally there is always the flip side of the coin but in this case I think the Lions are just a horrible skid + suh out + subpar running game in the superdome where the Saints are pretty much untouchable...defense which is nothing spectacular always seems to step up big at home as does special teams. One other thing I like is that the Saints never seem shy to run that score in the 40's and I flat out do not see the kitties keeping up....41-23 Saints

Urbanwildlife

From Fox Sports write up on the Saints: I will also post the write up on the game itself, and when I came across these, it is what lead me to want to make a large wager on the Saints.

Saints Team Report
    Updated: December 03, 2011 04:46 EST

INSIDE SLANT
    Since a disastrous 31-21 loss to the St. Louis Rams on Oct. 30, the Saints have found the cure for what ailed them that afternoon -- especially when it comes to what they do on offense. While nothing went right that day, the first thing that cropped up was the protection of the offensive line -- or the lack thereof -- in allowing Drew Brees to be sacked six times. That was the most in one game since Sean Payton took over as coach in 2006.
    It wasn't only the sacks, Payton noted Wednesday. It was hurries, an unsound pocket, tipped balls and a pair of interceptions that made the day such a terrible mess.
    It was, as left tackle Jermon Bushrod said, a wakeup call for the offensive line and the entire team. They know that as good as Brees is, he can't operate if he doesn't have the proper time to throw the ball.
    So they simply went back to work and concentrated on the task at hand the last three outings. The result has been nearly 1,000 yards passing and eight touchdowns to one interception for Brees, 441 rushing yards -- including games of 195 and 205 yards -- and most important, three victories.
    "That game left a bad taste in this whole organization's mouth," Bushrod said Wednesday. "It wasn't good. It did not set well with myself or anybody else on this team. That just wasn't a good game, and we don't really want to feel that way again.
    "All we can do is learn from the mistakes, go out and just continue to get better individually and if we do that we'll be a better team," he said.
    --As the Saints head into December and the final five-game stretch of the regular season, they're doing what they wanted to do all season long.
    That's establish a solid running game to take some of the pressure off a passing game that has carried Sean Payton's team for most of his six-year tenure with the Saints.
    Much like 2009, when they ranked sixth in the league in rushing, the Saints have enjoyed great success in three of their last five games -- going for 236, 205 and 195 rushing yards in wins over Indianapolis, Tampa Bay and the New York Giants, respectively.
    The Saints (8-3) also are operating at a high level in the red zone both offensively and defensively, which was a big concern early on. But they've found the cure for those areas lately, which bodes well for them going into Sunday night's game with the Detroit Lions (7-4) in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
    It's the running game that has Payton feeling a little better these days even though he knows they can't celebrate anything with a slim one-game lead over the Atlanta Falcons in the race for the NFC South title.
    "I think we have found balance," Payton said after Monday night's 49-24 crushing of the New York Giants. "It's a long season, and the thing we try to do as best we can is just trying to improve and win each week and win each day at practice.
    "There is a lot that goes into that. We felt like early in the season we hadn't played the red zone as well as we'd like to defensively and offensively, but this last month or so it's been an area that we have gotten better at it."
    Not even a thorough beating of the Giants could make Payton or his team get too far ahead of themselves.
    For one thing, the Saints had season-highs in penalties (11) and yards (104), which he said is something they have to correct in a hurry. They averaged 5.8 penalties and 45.1 yards lost in their first 10 games.
    "You have got to take a win like tonight and be critical of yourself and look at some of the things that we need to correct," Payton said. "The minute you stop doing that I think you start going in the other direction."
    But they feel like they're rolling in the right direction at this point.
    "I feel like we're getting better," cornerback Jabari Greer said of a team that was 5-3 after a 31-21 upset loss to the St. Louis Rams on Oct. 30. "I think everybody would say we're getting better. We realize the importance of these games in November and December.
    "Anytime you can put something together and become a more complete team in this period, you're really setting yourself up for bigger and better things down the road. That's what we're doing."
    SERIES HISTORY: 21st regular-season meeting. Saints lead series, 10-9-1, after taking the last two games in blowout fashion. They won 42-7 in Ford Field in 2008 and launched their Super Bowl XLIV run in the 2009 season opener with a 45-27 victory in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, where they own a 5-2 record against the Lions.

NOTES, QUOTES
    --When rookie running back Mark Ingram broke off a 35-yard touchdown run with 1:02 left in Monday night's 49-24 rout of the New York Giants, the Saints came very close to setting a franchise record for total yards in a single game. Ingram's score turned out to be the final offensive play for the Saints, who finished with 577 total yards. That was 18 yards short of the club record of 595 yards in a 31-16 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Nov. 19, 2006.
    The Saints' yardage was also the second-most ever given up by the Giants and the most they've allowed in more than 68 years as the Chicago Bears rocked them for 682 yards in a Nov. 14, 1943 game.
    --The 500-yard game for the Saints was nothing new as they've now had 11 in the 91 regular-season games they've played since Sean Payton became head coach and play-caller in 2006.
    Ironically, two of the Saints' 500-yard performances have come against the Detroit Lions, whom they meet again on Sunday night in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
    The Saints pounded out 532 total yards in a 42-7 victory in 2008 in Ford Field and had 515 yards in a 45-27 victory in the Superdome in the 2009 season opener, which happened to be Lions coach Jim Schwartz's NFL head-coaching debut.
    --To no one's surprise, Saints quarterback Drew Brees was named Wednesday as the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his work in the rout of the Giants.
    Brees connected on 24 of 38 passes for 363 yards, threw for four touchdowns and ran for another. Eight of his completions were for 20 yards or more with a long pass of 50 yards to wide receiver Marques Colston and he did not throw an interception to finish with a passer rating of 129.6.
    It is Brees' 12th NFC player of the week award in five-plus seasons with the Saints and second this season as he also won after clicking off five touchdown passes in a 62-7 win over the Indianapolis Colts in Week 7.
    --The Saints had no giveaways against the Giants for the third time this season and 18th time in regular-season play since Payton arrived in 2006.
    The last giveaway for the Saints, who had 14 turnovers in their first nine games, came early in the third quarter of a 27-16 win over the Tampa Bay Bucs in Week 9.
    The Saints are now 18-0 all-time in the regular season under Payton when they do not give the ball away.
    --The Saints set an attendance record for the third time in five home games when 73,068 fans filed into the newly-remodeled Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Monday night.
    The Saints easily topped the old regular-season mark of 70,940 in Week 2 against Chicago (73,019) and bettered that in Week 9 against Tampa Bay (73,043).
    --After what had become a running joke among Payton, his players and reporters, the Saints finally won a coin toss against the Giants.
    Going into Monday's game, the Saints were 0-for-10 this season in pregame coin flips and also lost the toss for overtime against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 10 before the Giants, who made the call, ended the streak.
    BY THE NUMBERS: 41.6 -- Scoring average for the Saints this season in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. They have not lost at home in 2011 and have won all five games by 115 points -- or 23.0 points per game.
    QUOTE TO NOTE: "We really talked about winning the month of November. That's something we really focused on. We did a great job with that. Now it's the next step. For us, it's just one game at a time." -- Saints TE Jimmy Graham, on preparing for the final month of the season by going 3-0 in November.

STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL
    The Saints are planning to get middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma back for Sunday night's game with the Detroit Lions, but they're covered if he doesn't. Four-year veteran Jo-Lonn Dunbar, who was a middle linebacker at Boston College, has played all three positions since making the team as an undrafted free agent in 2008 and has excelled in replacing Vilma the last three games.
    Saints coach Sean Payton said Wednesday that Dunbar, who started at strong-side linebacker earlier in the season, received a game ball after he recorded 10 tackles and forced a fumble in Monday night's game with the New York Giants.
    PLAYER NOTES
    --LCB Jabari Greer, who was limited in Wednesday's practice with a knee problem, had full participation Thursday and Friday and should play Sunday night against the Detroit Lions.
    --MLB Jonathan Vilma practiced on a limited basis again Friday as he works his way back from knee surgery. Coach Sean Payton said Vilma has "turned the corner," but wouldn't say if he'll play Sunday night. He was listed as probable on Friday, however.
    --DE Turk McBride did not practice all week and will be sidelined for a third straight game Sunday night.
    --DT Tom Johnson worked fully again Friday despite an elbow injury and should be ready for Sunday's game.
    GAME PLAN: After rushing for more than 195 yards in three of their past five games, including 205 yards against the New York Giants on Monday night, the Saints will likely give it another whirl for two reasons. The Lions rank 23rd against the run in allowing 127.3 yards a game, while their pass defense is among the best in the NFL as they rank sixth in giving up 202.2 yards per game and have 15 interceptions. The Saints will not be scared to throw it, but the stats would suggest that they could run first and throw later. Then again, they may pass first to open up the running game even more.
    Defensively, the Lions have struggled running the ball. That means the Saints will try to contain that and zero in on quarterback Matthew Stafford and wide receiver Calvin Johnson. Even though he's tailed off from a fast start, Stafford is still very capable of getting the ball to Johnson, who has 1,023 yards and 12 touchdowns, and his other receivers -- especially tight end Brandon Pettigrew.
    MATCHUPS TO WATCH: Saints CBs Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter vs. Lions WR Calvin Johnson. The Saints' secondary will certainly have its hands full with the dynamic Johnson, a tall and powerful receiver who's averaging 16.2 yards a catch. The Saints likely will try to put Greer, a former NCAA indoor hurdles champion and excellent leaper, on Johnson as much as possible.
    Saints TE Jimmy Graham vs. Lions SS Amari Spievey. Opposing teams have found it difficult to try and cover Graham, who is just 43 yards shy of a 1,000-yard season, with slower linebackers. Then again, Graham has eluded linebackers and safeties alike as the Saints have created a lot of mismatch problems with the 6-6, 260-pound former college basketball player.
    Saints LT Jermon Bushrod vs. Lions RDE Kyle Vanden Bosch. While Bushrod is having an outstanding season protecting Drew Brees' back side, he'll have to turn his game up a notch this week against a savvy veteran like Vanden Bosch, who has used his lean frame to post a couple of double-digit sack seasons during his 10-year career and would like to get Brees in his sights if he can get around the 315-pound Bushrod.

FOX SPORTS PREVIEW OF THE GAME
    Updated Dec 2, 2011 4:12 PM ET

Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints enter December looking poised to make a Super Bowl run.
    Ndamukong Suh's lack of poise may have seriously hurt the Detroit Lions' playoff chances.
    Brees looks to lead the Saints to a fourth straight win Sunday night when they host a Lions team that will be without Suh due to a league suspension.
    New Orleans (8-3) is coming off an impressive 49-24 victory over the playoff-hopeful New York Giants on Monday night. Brees passed for 363 yards and four touchdowns and had an eight-yard TD run as the Saints finished with 577 yards, second-most in franchise history.
    "What it comes down to is we have a lot of confidence and we play very aggressive," said Brees, whose streak of 38 straight games with a TD pass is second-longest in league history behind Johnny Unitas (47).
    New Orleans, first in the NFL in total offense (449.6 yards per game) and second in scoring (32.9 points per game), maintained a one-game lead over Atlanta in the NFC South.
    "We can always get better. There's always something to prove. The challenges only get greater as you move through the season," Brees said. "... We got Detroit coming to town, on a short week, so we're going to have to get ourselves back on track out here pretty quick and ready for that game."
    This might be an opportune time for the Saints to be catching the Lions (7-4), whose season appears to be falling apart.
    Detroit has lost four of six after opening the season 5-0, and Suh has been suspended for two games for stomping on Green Bay's Evan Dietrich-Smith in a 27-15 loss on Thanksgiving Day.
    The Pro Bowl defensive tackle, barred from practice and the team's facility, appealed the suspension but the NFL upheld it Friday. This latest incident was Suh's fifth violation of on-field rules in his first two years in the NFL.
    Suh's absence will clearly hurt Detroit's run defense as well as its pass rush on Brees, who hasn't been sacked during the Saints' three-game winning streak.
    "Obviously, it hurts to lose any player for two games much less a player like Ndamukong Suh," coach Jim Schwartz said. "But there's accountability for our actions and that's a situation where something happened after the whistle. We want to be as tough and physical and play as hard as we can between the snap and whistle, but anything that happens after that we put our team in a bad position and we have to pay the consequences for and that's the position we're in right now."
    Suh's loss of composure became a major turning point in the game against Green Bay. The Lions had stopped the Packers on third down, seemingly forcing them to settle for a field goal. Suh's penalty gave a first down to Green Bay, which scored two plays later to take a 14-0 lead early in the third quarter.
    The loss dropped the Lions into a three-way tie for the NFC's two wild-card spots, although Chicago and Atlanta currently own the tiebreakers.
    "We've got to try and get to 8-4," said Matthew Stafford, who has nine interceptions in the last three games after throwing four in the first eight.
    Suh wasn't the only Detroit player forced out of the Thanksgiving game.
    Besides running back Kevin Smith hurting his right ankle, leg injuries to defensive backs Chris Houston, Louis Delmas and Brandon McDonald forced wide receiver Rashied Davis to play safety in the fourth quarter.
    Smith, who ran for a career-best 140 yards against Carolina in Week 11, hopes to play, but Delmas is expected to be out a few weeks and neither Houston nor McDonald practiced Tuesday.
    A depleted secondary could be trouble against Brees, who has torched Detroit in two career starts.
    In a 45-27 home win over the Lions on Sept. 13, 2009, Brees threw for 358 yards with a career-high six touchdowns. The previous year in Detroit, he passed for 351 yards with two TDs in a 42-7 victory.
    The five-time Pro Bowler leads the NFL with 3,689 passing yards - the most ever by a player through the first 11 games of a season - and has benefited from a strong running game.
    Led by Mark Ingram (420 yards), Pierre Thomas (403) and Darren Sproles (402), the Saints are eighth in rushing offense (125.5). The trio ran for 197 yards against the Giants.
    "I think we have found balance," coach Sean Payton said. "It's a long season, and the thing we try to do as best we can is just trying to improve and win each week."

rwd201
    rwd201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

give me 5 dimes
    i'll show ya what to do wit it

Urbanwildlife

And please do not post on my thread if you are going to post things that are not relevant to the point of my post. Thank you!

Pelt
    Pelt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love this play. We saw what happens to a team who does not pressure Brees. Without Suh I am not sure how much heat the Lions can bring given the patched together defensive backfield and I do not see how they can defend Saints offensive juggernaut. On offense it is obvious Stafford has begun throwing picks because he can not throw the ball as well as he could before the hand injury. Saints must contain Megatron and stop a banged up Kevin Smith (if he plays). And game is being played in the Superdome where the Saints are 5-0 and have outscorded the opponents by 113 points this year.

Brees will be determined to come out blazin as he wants to break Marino's record as evidenced by this quote from Fox:

“We chased this in ’08,” said Brees, who finished that season with 5,069 passing yards. “I’m really trying not to think about it. I’d be lying to you if I said we didn’t really want to have that record, but it’s all within the framework of winning.”

Saints -8.5 4u
    Saints over 53.5 2u

rwd201

Parlay ML GB+NO
    There you go
    put the 5 dimes on this

Urbanwildlife

I am not that brave rwd201 as I have a strong suspicion that Green Bay is going to get beat at some point, and in the Meadowlands it is a possibility. Thank you for your suggestion.

Pelt,
    Much appreciated your post! Thanks alot!

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

with all do respect the write-up's are interesting as far as stats and opinions, but i find that the outcome of games SU and ATS is more a result of motivation. NOR is clearly the better team, but they could come out flat in this one. gun to the head, ill take NOR minus the points. good luck.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by rwd201 View Post
    Parlay ML GB+NO
    There you go
    put the 5 dimes on this
    How about San Francisco and New England instead?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

QUALITY INPUT ON DETROIT at NEW ORLEANS

NEW ORLEANS -8.5 Game set match................................... ..............

rwd201

Even better
    half on NOGB and half on SFNE ML parlay

Urbanwildlife

I now better lay off my thinking of taking New Orleans after the above post by PaulyPoker, as we all know he never can pick a winner.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4855

I feel the Lions D-Line will be alright without Suh. They have a good 8 man rotation when he is there, so they should be fine. Lions never really have had a running game to begin with.

With that being said.

Saints should jump out in front, and you will need them to keep the Lions from backdooring you.

Good luck.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I now better lay off my thinking of taking New Orleans after the above post by PaulyPoker, as we all know he never can pick a winner.
    Well Then, I did my job...

rwd201

Quote Originally Posted by rwd201 View Post
    Even better
    half on NOGB and half on SFNE ML parlay

rwd201

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CapsHockey
    CapsHockey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 637

just bet the over and forget about the side. you get two teams for the price of one. 30-24 either way is all you need. seems easy enough to me. good luck.

rwd201

DON"T OVER THINK THIS Take it from someone who is broke that play is CASH when you have money to bet for some reason you get nervous overthink or something and just piss it away
    when you got a few dollars left your clutch
    make the play at 5k
    thank me later

rwd201

2k 2k and 1k on the 4 ml parlay

rwd201

2.5 2.5 on each just make the playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Pelt
    Pelt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    with all do respect the write-up's are interesting as far as stats and opinions, but i find that the outcome of games SU and ATS is more a result of motivation. NOR is clearly the better team, but they could come out flat in this one. gun to the head, ill take NOR minus the points. good luck.
    I am not trying to be a smart a** but NO's flat game was already played in St. Lous.

PAULYPOKER

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What the Fukk rwd,you trying to sell a car here?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4855

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What the Fukk rwd,you trying to sell a car here?

rwd201

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Well Then, I did my job...
    funny shit...