John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

Even as a rookie, Green looks the part of a true No. 1 receiver. He is already an advanced route runner and often times can outmuscle defenders in traffic. Buffalo cornerbacks Drayton Florence and Leodis McKelvin are outstanding athletes in their own right, but have been susceptible to the big play at times. This battle on the perimeter to have a huge impact in this week's contest.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    winning at sports gambling is not about taking teams like the patriots, saints, packers etc each week. thats the way the "public" bets and while im not saying you should stay away from good teams, you should find a balance between value on less popular teams and good spots to take those obvious plays.
    Well said Dexter. I'd also like to point out that John as done will with dogs in the past, such as Carolina v. Green Bay (winner.)

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    winning at sports gambling is not about taking teams like the patriots, saints, packers etc each week. thats the way the "public" bets and while im not saying you should stay away from good teams, you should find a balance between value on less popular teams and good spots to take those obvious plays.
    I never said winning at sports gambling is about taking teams like the pats, saints, or pack so I have no idea where you're coming from. All I was trying to say was that Mr. Ryan's picks lately seem to be centered around bad to mediocre football teams who are, at best, unreliable. He did, after all, give 3 picks he graded as 5* last week which lost. The Bills, if even slightly motivated, easily cover the 3 point spread against Cincinnati today. I can see the Raiders covering against New England believe it or not, because Oakland can get to Brady with their pass rush and can control the clock with their running attack. Kansas City is a joke of a football team and I can see no way they cover this game. They essentially shot their load last week when they covered against san diego.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19148

thanks for the picks John. looks like your fading the public. playing all of them.

ps thanks for philly pick in bases
    Last edited by khicks26; 10-02-11 at 11:07 AM.

John Ryan

This reinforces the fundamental theme that a lines maker job is to set a number where he knows he will get nearly equal action on each side. They could care less, who wins the game. There are of course times where they do get over loaded on my side, but will keep the line static as to not get 'middled'. So, the KC team is poor. They did, however play well last week and that is the sort of game that can easily carry over to the next. The coaches have any easy time motivating the team now they gave SD a strong game. Let's see what happens today, but it has been interesting for me to hear all of the great insights about my my selections and others.

The one possible blowout dictated by the line is Philadelphia. I know the Phillies are right next door and fans will be going to both games seeing the 1:00 Eagles and then 8:37 Phillies - if they can still stand and see .. laugh.. but seriously, how are the 49ers this big a dog to a team with a horrid offensive line and so many questions in the 'gut' of their second line of defense? It begs you to take the 49ers and the right pick just might be the Eagles.

Jcm144
    Jcm144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 612

great explanation, the books just try and make their money off the juice instead. Though I'm not liking your picks today, neither did I last time but I still went with them with the exception of IND. I was shocked to see that you got them at 17.5. Anyways, GL!

GoDucks1
    GoDucks1's Avatar Become A Pro!

John,

You think the Jags keep it close against the Saints (I'm feeling the Saints in that one)?

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm144 View Post
    great explanation, the books just try and make their money off the juice instead. Though I'm not liking your picks today, neither did I last time but I still went with them with the exception of IND. I was shocked to see that you got them at 17.5. Anyways, GL!
    I remember that line being 12 1/2? anyway it covered. Today is the focus.

azdodge
    azdodge's Avatar Become A Pro!

John... please repost your picks!! page 20 of this thread doesn't show up on my computer (just a duplicat of page 19), so I don't see any of page 20 (where your picks are).... help!!!

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9638

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    Ok. Here are the picks so far. Record stands at 11-5 ATS for 68.8% winners. I like 5* Oakland +4 1/2 -110 5* Cincinnati Bengals +3 1/2 -110 5* Kansas City +3 -115.
    Here ya go azdodge. BOL

azdodge
    azdodge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks jj!!

Dayman
    Dayman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Nice pick John. Was a little skeptical about this picks at first, but your system comes through time and time again. Lets get that Raiders game too

tbot89
    tbot89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

I got Oak +6.5 live bet.

jbizzle
    jbizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

the haters can talk all they want, but your picks speak for themselves John! Nice work

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by jbizzle View Post
    the haters can talk all they want, but your picks speak for themselves John! Nice work
    Thanks, I appreciate it and believe me I have some pretty thick skin. Honestly, I have not even noticed. There are just too many people here working together for the better good. Trying to improve handicapping skills and analysis to even worry about that. Thanks all the same.

jbizzle
    jbizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Took oakland +14 and packers -6.5 for a 7pt teaser. Not the biggest teaser fan but I'm 2-2 on the year with them so figured I would take another crack at one.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by tbot89 View Post
    I got Oak +6.5 live bet.
    Great number at +6 1/2

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Anything on Balt game

tommyminh
    tommyminh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

hey john what do u think about tonight game ?

jjaycuny

John, Any thoughts on tonight's game?

nabadaya007
    nabadaya007's Avatar Become A Pro!

very nice callstoday jjaycuny

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by nabadaya007 View Post
    very nice callstoday jjaycuny
    Not my picks, I was just re-posting John Ryan's picks

nabadaya007
    nabadaya007's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice follow then
    any thoughts for tonite?

The War Room
    The War Room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

any picks tonight?

ghetto1
    ghetto1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2994

yeah need a sunday night game....

John Ryan

Ok... If I had to make a play I would take the Jets. This is not one that I would grade as a 5* though so treat it as such. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is playing well and can make all the throws given time in the pocket. Baltimore has been solid protecting him (only six sacks allowed) so far this season. Expect New York to be aggressive and dial up more pressure packages (seven- and eight-man all-out blitzes coming from every area of the defense) this weekend. I think the Jets will be successful in this part of the game. I do not think Ravens big play routes will be available with Flacco getting more concerned about pressure. I haven't seen them run many bubble screens, but if they do that could take away the eight man fronts. So, Take the Jets tonight as play(opinion). Good luck to all.

bull07
    bull07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

any opinion on O/U Ryan`s

John Ryan

Now standing at 13-6 ATS in 19 selections through four weeks with winners on KC, Cincy in SU fashion, and losing with the Raiders. The Monday Night game is a tough one. As you know we had a nice winner last week with the Colts, but can they repeat that twice? Their defensive front was outstanding last week in stopping the run. Was it more the Steelers taking the game for granted or was it truly a defensive presence that will now be consistent week after week. I will provide more tomorrow. Enjoy the game and thanks again to all for making this thread great.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    Ok... If I had to make a play I would take the Jets. This is not one that I would grade as a 5* though so treat it as such. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is playing well and can make all the throws given time in the pocket. Baltimore has been solid protecting him (only six sacks allowed) so far this season. Expect New York to be aggressive and dial up more pressure packages (seven- and eight-man all-out blitzes coming from every area of the defense) this weekend. I think the Jets will be successful in this part of the game. I do not think Ravens big play routes will be available with Flacco getting more concerned about pressure. I haven't seen them run many bubble screens, but if they do that could take away the eight man fronts. So, Take the Jets tonight as play(opinion). Good luck to all.
    I agree with you John and just to add, Baltimore is also 0-4 as favs before going into a bye week if you are one for trends. I had Jets capped tonight as a 1* and I agree with your analysis. Love the Jets defense and am hoping for another straight up dog win. Enjoy the game!

The War Room
    The War Room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Thanks for the pick and disclaimer... I appreciate the honesty as always!

Don Giovanni
    Don Giovanni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Nice calls this week John, Oakland let you down, but you still made out nicely

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

doing great John

Chandlergt
    Chandlergt's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks john you are great!! any advice on tonights game?

Thanks

TJ

mdmahaney
    mdmahaney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call on the home dogs yesterday, enjoy reading your thread...

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Hey John I agree with you about Indy defence, seems like a smoke screen. I like under 40.5 though alot! And maybe small play/teaser with bucs. Bucs technically had an emotional win over ATL, however Painter in the pocket spells trouble(4picks).

First ... 18192021222324 ... Last