Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Dukebluejms Picks Friday

Mediocre day yesterday at .500, but having read some other threads I don't feel so bad about it anymore. Hopefully today will be a lot better.

Picks for early games:

1. Temple -3.5.... Okay, I know this is a very popular upset pick and Cornell played Kansas tough on the road, but come on. Cornell is different then most 12 seeds in the sense that they can score in multiple ways. They have size, but still they get the majority of their points from the three. Cornell scores 39.1% of their points via threes, which is 5th highest in the country. However, Temple's strength is perimeter defense. Temple has one of the best if not the best perimeter defense in the country. And this is nothing to glance over because there are a lot of teams in the A10 that shoot a ton of threes (Richmond, Rhode Island, Charlotte, etc.). Temple is more athletic and the all around better team. Temple ends the Cinderella story before it ever starts.

2. Clemson -1.5.... Now I know Clemson and Purnell have struggled to get out of the first round, but I see that changing today. These teams play very similar styles of pressing and feeding off turnovers, but Mizzou does not have Trevor Booker. I expect Booker to dominate this game. Clemson is the bigger team and will dominate the boards. Other than that this is another gut play like Wake last night.

3. Xavier pk... I'm taking the better, more consistent team in this game. These are usually the games that come back to bite me, but Xavier should win. Minn is good, but they got hot at the right time. I have seen this team go so cold, and if they do that today they will be blown out. Any other day, I'd say this game isn't even close, but after yesterday I'm sure it will go down to the wire.

4. Over 137.5 WV/Morgan St

PickMe
    PickMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the Temple take. GL

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liking Temple too.

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Adding