Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Is anyone on Ohio State today, and why?

I'm seeing most people on MSU simply because of home court advantage. The line has dropped from OSU -1.5 to pk in the past 90 minutes.

Anyone backing OSU in this spot?

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I don't know about the side but I will be playing the under.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes
    I'm seeing most people on MSU simply because of home court advantage. The line has dropped from OSU -1.5 to pk in the past 90 minutes.

I got Ohio st. today and honestly I'm glad everyone else doesn't because the line is down to a pk.

Why you ask: Ohio st only three loses have come at the hands of Florida, Wisconsin and N. Carolina. Ohio st guard play is far more superior than M. State, Conley Jr. only played 22 minutes when he is averaging 30 minutes, D. Neitzel is the only one that can score for them and I seriously doubt he will score 20 points again to keep them in it.....

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes
    Pretty much the whole white world is on OSU.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Home court is the ONLY reason anyone in their right mind would be picking MSU. MSU is 14-0 at home against inferior competition. Ohio State I think is still getting better as a team and has alot more talent. I'll take the Buckeyes as a pick'em without blinking once.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Everyone is on OSU, but that was also the case with OSU/Illinois and that was a heck of an outcome. I just think OSU is a game away from being great, so you will never know when they will find that killer stroke.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10707

Took them early unfortunatly,but still good play @-1.5.Never worry about home court when I can get the better team at such a small number.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36
    Home court is the ONLY reason anyone in their right mind would be picking MSU. MSU is 14-0 at home against inferior competition. Ohio State I think is still getting better as a team and has alot more talent. I'll take the Buckeyes as a pick'em without blinking once.

Tom Izzo is pound for pound the best coach in America...that might be another reason to take MSU

Also, homecourts vary but State's is unique. Michigan State is 142-12 SU at home in its last 154 games, including an amazing 38-2 SU off a loss and 25-1 SU off a loss against Big Ten teams. The Spartans are also 29-4 SU at home with revenge in their last 33 tries and 72-8 SU at home against opponents who are off a win. With Ohio State at 13-42 SU in its last 55 road games against .738 or better.

Good luck if you take Ohio State.....

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO

Good points Buddy,I hope that changes today!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4831

Everyone is on MSU for the same reason everyone was on Indiana against Wisconsin. The home court advantage.

Because we know that Indiana isnt a better team then Wisconsin. Just look at Indiana today, getting beat so far by Iowa, a 12-10 team.

Samething here, we know that OSU is the better team, but the homecourt advantage in college hoops is a big plus. But you got to think there is some value now that OSU is a PK or might even get some points.

Good luck to everyone on this game, Im passing and would like to see Ohio State go down. Im anti-Oden. ESPN made me that way. Sorry Oden.

EaglesPhan36

Hope not too many of you got suckered into taking the Spartans. OSU wins!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

i rekon i aint dat smrt

BuddyBear
    Update your status

yeah i got suckered into taking the team that has won 92.2% of their home games in the past 10 years while catching points against the same team they lost to by 2 pts the week before and having the better head coach against the same team he has beat 19 out of the past 24 matchups.

EaglesPhan36

I'm not dogging ya if you took it based on #s. But this one seemed like a classic over-think pick just like the OSU-Illinois game mentioned previously when OSU ended up being a dog on the road to an inferior Illinois team.

Razz

Not sure I'd say anything after a lucky win, but nice hit OSU backers.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO

Please explain lucky,I must have missed something

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ
    Please explain lucky,I must have missed something
    Id like to hear it too.

OSU lead the whole game up to when it was 39-39 in the second half, then regain control of the game. They never trailed in the game. So I dont know how OSU got lucky. Maybe there were a lot of bullsheit calls against MSU in that game? Not sure on that one.

Then again, I didnt watch the whole game. So maybe he can shed some light on it.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

It's not an overthink....this was a game that situationally MSU had a clear advantage in. Play this game 100 times in this same exact situation, MSU wins it about 55-57% of them time.

Look at the numbers in my first post...they don't lie.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

lucky is not the right word...fortunate is more appropriate. OSU managed to hold on despite a good run by MSU. MSU had about 4 chances to take the lead and build off of momentum. OSU didn't shoot the ball well and was not great at the FT line either. Fortunately, MSU was not very sharp till about the middle of the game...by then, against a team with as much talent as OSU, it was too late. If MSU didn't fall asleep the first 10-14 minutes of the game who knows...

I still think there is value in MSU + when they play WISC in the Breslin Center....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yeah, that first 10 minutes of the first half done in MSU. They had to battle back the entire game. Hard to do against a team like OSU. I was cheering MSU, but it didnt happen for them.

I think the right side, because of the numbers was MSU. But when the line moved to PK and plus points for OSU, that is where the value ended up.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't get it buddy,not played on paper....osu won
    IF......ifs and buts were candy and nuts...
    the world would be a fruitcake....
    That analogy makes as much sense as your above qoute.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

MBENZ I apologize if you can't follow my argument/points but they are very basic....let me explain them to you.

All else being equal, given MSU's dominance as a home team, the fact that it was a revenge situation with different angles, as the underdog, and with a strong head coach...MSU will win that game more times than they will lose it.

Give me a break...why if OSU is soooooo much better than MSU and this is such an obvious winner like Eaglesphan suggests did they open it at -2 and it close as a pkem...the people who put these lines out are not dumb. I think they know what they are doing. Who do you think was moving that spread...the public? I am sure the pros were overthinking it...

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

I think people put too much value in home court advantage. U don't automatically get a win cause your playing at home..... U still must play the game.

I would also advise against taken M. State vs Wisconsin as well.
    M. State does not have the guards that they did in the past to compete down the stretch.

EaglesPhan36

Ohio State did a good job to let MSU hang around as well because Neitzel was left wide open for most of the second half. Their screen defense was horrible.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO

Buddy,I do not wish to argue with you,but I am probally much older than you and I learned a long time ago that prognostigating a game after it is over is useless,since the score speaks for itself.I could be wrong on this theory and if I am,please enlighten me.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ
    Buddy,I do not wish to argue with you,but I am probally much older than you and I learned a long time ago that prognostigating a game after it is over is useless,since the score speaks for itself.I could be wrong on this theory and if I am,please enlighten me.
    okay penetrate off and go collect your social security check then...

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    okay penetrate off and go collect your social security check then...
    Now now did I cuss you buddy?I see you cannot take any constructive conversation unless you are doing all the talking.Please proceed to"best bets Feb 3"post#6.Compare that to your 6 team 25$ play of the year.Once again,the score speaketh for itself.Think I'll go have a and count my ss money youngster.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

what a jackass you are MBENZ....seriously dude, you are a total dick.

Hey dumb penetrate, situationally this was a terrific spot for MSU. No shit OSU is the more talented team. I said that from the very beginning. Sometimes the technical and situational aspects of a game outweigh the talent differential between the teams. That's why MSU was a strong play and that's why a lot of the sharpest guys were on them. I've watched almost every MSU game the past 10 years and can count on my two hands the number of teams that have walked into the Breslin Center and won.

One thing I learned is that guys who talk about winning so openly and flamboyantly like you rarely are winners in the long run. Congratulations on a 3-0 day...you are definitely one of the best ever and are probably the only person to ever go 3-0 on a Saturday.....Kind of strange such an old guy like you would be so excited to talk about winning days as if they've never happened before...

LOOK EVERYONE MBENZ WENT 3-0 FOR THE DAY...PLEASE SEND HIM PM'S OF CONGRATULATIONS AND ADMIRATION.

by the way, go penetrate yourself again. When you are ready to have a real conversation let me know

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Ok, no need to get out of hand on this. Both have valid points, and I know each of you think yours are the best. But hey, we win some, we lose some. Just keep away from getting to pissed at each other on a simple conversation.

Just let it go, and move on to tomorrow. We are all here to make money and hopefully help each other out.

Play nice guys.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gentlemen please keep this thread civil, thanks.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

sorry but I am here to argue....if the mods were not so polite they would say you are an idiot and that everything I am saying is correct. Neither Onlooker nor Illusion would EVER have bet OSU. They may not have bet MSU but they would NEVER bet OSU in that situation. I can tell you that based on knowing how they think and bet.

Enjoy your drink....

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

For the record I had Michigan State today.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had Michigan St. too guys, and they flat out got beat in this game from start to finish! The Spartans didn't have an answer for Oden at all, and had no inside game what so ever today.

Razz

I didn't mean lucky in that Ohio State was a bad play, just that it was a game that was always going to be decided in the last five minutes, and frankly, there was no great play in the game except under.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I had Michigan St. too guys, and they flat out got beat in this game from start to finish! The Spartans didn't have an answer for Oden at all, and had no inside game what so ever today.

Maybe you're referring to the football game this year between OSU/MSU but it was not a beatdown like you imply. The game was in doubt till the last few seconds. Sure it may never have felt that MSU was going to win...but they had their chances and anyone who had OSU didn't feel comfortable till they saw the .00 on the clock. Sorry...but a team that shoots 37.5% and 60% from the FT line and only up by 3 with 30 seconds left is not some big beatdown.

12 Last