Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why no Vegas love for the Spurs... ever?

Week after week, it's Miami and Lakers getting the -10 to -12 spreads, while the team with the best record in the NBA gets -4 to -5. The Spurs are also rocking a 105 PPG average, 4th best in the NBA. No serious injuries or anything. Now the Spurs are playing the completely mediocre Bucks, and they're only -3 favorites.

Not that I haven't minded cashing in multiple times the past few weeks on these low spreads, I'm just curious as to why?

incomeraise
    incomeraise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

i think last time they played it was pretty close thats why

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its because Spurs rarely get 20 point blowout wins or 55 point wins like the lakers

Hexum
    Hexum's Avatar Become A Pro!

So then bet them

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Pap45murF View Post
    Week after week, it's Miami and Lakers getting the -10 to -12 spreads, while the team with the best record in the NBA gets -4 to -5. The Spurs are also rocking a 105 PPG average, 4th best in the NBA. No serious injuries or anything. Now the Spurs are playing the completely mediocre Bucks, and they're only -3 favorites.

Not that I haven't minded cashing in multiple times the past few weeks on these low spreads, I'm just curious as to why?
    This is silly. Miami and Lakers dont get 10 or 12 points spreads on the ROAD! They get them at home and so does SA. They have not been very good on the road in the last few games and this is an old team on a b2b. They have a good b2b upto this point but age will catchup to them. I really dont see what problem you can have with this line or the Spurs not getting respect, if you think its too low then go all in.

Pap45murF

I did already. I've got them in a teaser and also SU, bought a point to -2. I'm just trying to get some info. Such ridicule and hatred among fellow cappers.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Pap45murF View Post
    I did already. I've got them in a teaser and also SU, bought a point to -2. I'm just trying to get some info. Such ridicule and hatred among fellow cappers.
    They got -6.5 at Wolves last night. I felt like Vegas was respecting them too much on that one.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

because it's not tough to price a team with same personnel last 15 years

trust me, Spurs have nowhere to go but down

at best they're a breakeven ATS team going forward

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

oh please spurs are on of the elite teams in the league and giving them a price of 3 against a young and rested bucks team is respect look for spurs to win again tonite as for the coach pop he will ahve them ready for this road game and not let them tank like the last road trip

Pap45murF

A ridiculous amount of people are on the Spurs spread (90% according to pregame) and the line hasn't moved anywhere. Perhaps I should worry about my bet.

I've got some semblance of a system, and for some reason the Spurs are always at the top of the list, basically just a win % potential projection vs the early spread. Perhaps I will add a "Team is full of Decrepit Senior Citizens and Country Kitchen Buffet was Closed this Morning" filter to my "system."

cubswin
    cubswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

The one thing you get betting the Spurs is ateam that plays hard and wants to win

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    The one thing you get betting the Spurs is ateam that plays hard and wants to win
    Yeah, except when they dont and the coach gives says he aint making adjustments cause the other team is just hitting shot and its Christmas (orl loss) or pull his starters with 3 minutes left in a 9 point game (NY loss). Other then that, team plays hard and wants to win.

Pap45murF

Shazam! Went 3-0 for tonight's bets. I don't know if it's just pure luck, but the NBA has been very profitable for me so far.