pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA 10/26/2010: The Right Play

Alright, I didn't really plan on having a thread for the opening day but I feel like the lines are being a bit generous right now, so decided what my plays would be.

Boston Celtics (PICK)
    All I know is the Heat is Wadeless and another starter, not to mention names. The Heat haven't proven anything in the preseason. In terms of matchups, there is no single player to guard Lebron however Bosh won't be a problem for the Celtics. It's quite ironic Shaq will be playing on the same court with Lebron this season... hmmm. Anyhow, the Celtics are the proven team, the public is on the Heat at 59% and feel like this couldn't be an easier play.

Phoenix Suns vs Portland Blazers Under 201
    Roy is starting to play better but with an inconsistent Fernandez, I don't see how Portland will be able to put up more than 95 points in this game. Same goes with the Suns, being Amare Stoudemire-less has really proven to kill their shooting percentage and Nash is considerably degrading in skill and increasing in age. The lack of the Suns being able to get offensive rebounds will kill any opportunity in second chance points for the Suns, which usually works against them (and every other team in the league I believe).

Houston Rockets +7.5 and under 197
    I'm pretty sure the lakers will win, but I don't think they will do it convincingly. I've been monitoring the Kobe monster during preseason and all I know is that he has been injured, he has slowed down play and he has been shooting a terrible shooting %. We all know the Rockets can score but the Lakers will be able to use their size to keep the score down. Unless the Lakers bench plays the majority of the minutes (their smaller and faster team), look for the score to be low and possibly an upset from the Rockets

Alright guys, I hope this is another nominated post and goes 4/4 - I got pounded yesterday in the NFL, and so did the whole world. If there are any questions, just post in this thread or pm me, I'll give you my opinion. Also I want to give a shout-out to pro-compter gambler, and wish him success in his NBA threads.

Just for fun, lets set a goal and set it high. How about 67%, 2/3rds, lets make a killing guys, nobody really knows who is good and who is not with all the trades and player movement this off season but I think we can conquer any misestimation by the bookies

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Uh, Wade is healthy and playing.

pokerwhiz90

I don't think I would play the heat, the celtics seems like the play with more value here

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck guys, can I have 3 pts?

pokerwhiz90

pretty excited for the opener

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    Alright, I didn't really plan on having a thread for the opening day but I feel like the lines are being a bit generous right now, so decided what my plays would be.

Boston Celtics (PICK)
    All I know is the Heat is Wadeless
    Wade is playing for the Heat and says he feels 100%, I like your Boston pick though GL

pokerwhiz90

yeah i already commented on that- i was wondering is it better if i open up a new thread for every set of plays, or just a continuous thread?

Also do you guys want me to keep up a blog/website similar to procomputer gambler?

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

The right play here is the Under and that's it.

Defuzas
    Defuzas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Omg, at last, it starts!

pokerwhiz90

Hey Keel, thats what I thought at first but after realizing what the general public is thinking of the heat, studying some line movement and trying to deduce what the bookies are getting out of the lines - im thinking the sharp money is on the celtics more so than the under

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post

Boston Celtics (PICK)
    All I know is the Heat is Wadeless and another starter, not to mention names. The Heat haven't proven anything in the preseason. In terms of matchups, there is no single player to guard Lebron however Bosh won't be a problem for the Celtics. It's quite ironic Shaq will be playing on the same court with Lebron this season... hmmm. Anyhow, the Celtics are the proven team, the public is on the Heat at 59% and feel like this couldn't be an easier play.

Phoenix Suns vs Portland Blazers Under 201
    Roy is starting to play better but with an inconsistent Fernandez, I don't see how Portland will be able to put up more than 95 points in this game. Same goes with the Suns, being Amare Stoudemire-less has really proven to kill their shooting percentage and Nash is considerably degrading in skill and increasing in age. The lack of the Suns being able to get offensive rebounds will kill any opportunity in second chance points for the Suns, which usually works against them (and every other team in the league I believe).

Houston Rockets +7.5 and under 197
    I'm pretty sure the lakers will win, but I don't think they will do it convincingly. I've been monitoring the Kobe monster during preseason and all I know is that he has been injured, he has slowed down play and he has been shooting a terrible shooting %. We all know the Rockets can score but the Lakers will be able to use their size to keep the score down. Unless the Lakers bench plays the majority of the minutes (their smaller and faster team), look for the score to be low and possibly an upset from the Rockets

Alright guys, I hope this is another nominated post and goes 4/4 - I got pounded yesterday in the NFL, and so did the whole world. If there are any questions, just post in this thread or pm me, I'll give you my opinion. Also I want to give a shout-out to pro-compter gambler, and wish him success in his NBA threads.

Just for fun, lets set a goal and set it high. How about 67%, 2/3rds, lets make a killing guys, nobody really knows who is good and who is not with all the trades and player movement this off season but I think we can conquer any misestimation by the bookies
    Hope you guys capitalized on these today - went 3/4, which is 75% today and above the goal of 67%