pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Preseason 10/22/10: The Right Play

That was a horrific day, lets see if we can bounce back - there are some easy games that I feel like we'll all be able to bounce back. Hopefully you guys capitalized on the cavaliers and thunder playing yesterday. Your not going to win a game when your best player shoots 25% and who ever thought the Lakers look better without Kobe?

Anyways lets get back to business

New York Knicks (Picks) and over 205.5 (Tease this)
    If Amare plays, they beat the worst team in the NBA by at least 10 (Toronto Raptors). This is another game with two terrible defenses, look for garbage points to pile up.

Memphis (-2) and over 196. (Tease this)
    Memphis is 7-0 and very hot this preseason. They will beat a Detroit Pistons team that plays 4 guards and a terrible center. All of memphis's away games have been high scoring and Detroit home games have been high scoring as well.

Orlando Magic (-7.5) (Tease This) and Under 196 GAME CANCELLED
    You guys better jump on this line, as long as Howard is playing - the heat haven't been able to resolve any issues getting blown out by Atlanta last night, Orlando is the best team in the preseason right now. The Heat will not score more than 90 pts in this game, the under looks really good.

Atlanta +6.5
    This might not be a popular choice but Atlanta is playing better and so is charotte, however the bobcats wins have been limited to an OT win and wins less than 6 points.

Minnesota +5.5 (Tease This)
    Minnesota is the better team playing on the road, Milwaukee has lost 3 in a row on the road as well, this is a hard game to cap however I know Minnesota will keep it close with their new explosion in offense they have been getting.

Chicago Bulls -8 and Over 199 (Tease this) Pacers shooting 35% from the field... what can i say
    All their homes games have been over 200 and both teams have vastly improved offenses. I give the edge to Chicago as new head coach Thibadeau has to give an impressive win to the home crowd and prove that the talent they have is worthy of a top 4 team in the east.

Utah Jazz -6.5 (Tease this) and Over 201
    Utah will win, theres no doubt being undefeated, however by how much? Well it helps when Deron Williams plays better at home and that they have been avg their wins by 7 and are much much more well rested.

Denver Nuggets +6.5 (Tease this)
    One day they score 130, the next day Melo shoots 25%, how can you cap such a team especially when they are on the road? Yesterday was way too embarrassing and Melo will not shoot 25% again... he's one of the premier scorers in the NBA. This should be an impressive win over an unimpressive Phoenix suns badly missing Amare stoudemire.

Golden State NO PLAY lean on Lakers -6
    I understand the total was well above 210 yesterday. If Kobe is playing, the game will be much much slower and also expect Golden state to play a bit stronger than yesterday. Day 2 rematches usually are much closer after a disappointing loss like that one. This game was vastly close with Golden State having the lead in parts of the game. However the problem is that Golden State isn't proficient at scoring enough, the problem is the lakers are walking over them because of the difference in size.

Once Again I apologize for yesterday, I expect to go 13 for 13 today and be pretty pissed if it was anything lower.
    Last edited by pokerwhiz90; 10-22-10 at 10:39 PM.
    Points Awarded:

TheDood gave pokerwhiz90 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hooha gave pokerwhiz90 8 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheDood

pokerwhiz90

TEASERs GALORE

rb3b3
    rb3b3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

whats the best play on the entire board? straight play?

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

like the picks bro

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Deron williams has been given the night off: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ason-game.html

just a FYI

TheDood
    TheDood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Grizzlies (Memphis)

Jazz (Utah)

That's what I did.... Good Luck You Guys!!!

pokerwhiz90

not going to lie... never expected atlanta to be blow out by 30+ points

pokerwhiz90

pretty unhappy orlando game got cancelled, that was my big play

pokerwhiz90

i think were looking at 7/11 at best for today, not bad kind of disappointed by how some things went

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    That was a horrific day, lets see if we can bounce back - there are some easy games that I feel like we'll all be able to bounce back. Hopefully you guys capitalized on the cavaliers and thunder playing yesterday. Your not going to win a game when your best player shoots 25% and who ever thought the Lakers look better without Kobe?

Anyways lets get back to business

New York Knicks (Picks) and over 205.5 (Tease this)
    If Amare plays, they beat the worst team in the NBA by at least 10 (Toronto Raptors). This is another game with two terrible defenses, look for garbage points to pile up.

Memphis (-2) and over 196. (Tease this)
    Memphis is 7-0 and very hot this preseason. They will beat a Detroit Pistons team that plays 4 guards and a terrible center. All of memphis's away games have been high scoring and Detroit home games have been high scoring as well.

Orlando Magic (-7.5) (Tease This) and Under 196 GAME CANCELLED
    You guys better jump on this line, as long as Howard is playing - the heat haven't been able to resolve any issues getting blown out by Atlanta last night, Orlando is the best team in the preseason right now. The Heat will not score more than 90 pts in this game, the under looks really good.

Atlanta +6.5
    This might not be a popular choice but Atlanta is playing better and so is charotte, however the bobcats wins have been limited to an OT win and wins less than 6 points.

Minnesota +5.5 (Tease This)
    Minnesota is the better team playing on the road, Milwaukee has lost 3 in a row on the road as well, this is a hard game to cap however I know Minnesota will keep it close with their new explosion in offense they have been getting.

Chicago Bulls -8 and Over 199 (Tease this) Pacers shooting 35% from the field... what can i say
    All their homes games have been over 200 and both teams have vastly improved offenses. I give the edge to Chicago as new head coach Thibadeau has to give an impressive win to the home crowd and prove that the talent they have is worthy of a top 4 team in the east.

Utah Jazz -6.5 (Tease this) and Over 201
    Utah will win, theres no doubt being undefeated, however by how much? Well it helps when Deron Williams plays better at home and that they have been avg their wins by 7 and are much much more well rested.

Denver Nuggets +6.5 (Tease this)
    One day they score 130, the next day Melo shoots 25%, how can you cap such a team especially when they are on the road? Yesterday was way too embarrassing and Melo will not shoot 25% again... he's one of the premier scorers in the NBA. This should be an impressive win over an unimpressive Phoenix suns badly missing Amare stoudemire.

Golden State NO PLAY lean on Lakers -6
    I understand the total was well above 210 yesterday. If Kobe is playing, the game will be much much slower and also expect Golden state to play a bit stronger than yesterday. Day 2 rematches usually are much closer after a disappointing loss like that one. This game was vastly close with Golden State having the lead in parts of the game. However the problem is that Golden State isn't proficient at scoring enough, the problem is the lakers are walking over them because of the difference in size.

Once Again I apologize for yesterday, I expect to go 13 for 13 today and be pretty pissed if it was anything lower.
    Hey 7for 11 is not too bad right? should have been 9 for 13 if the orlando game wasn't cancelled hope you guys made a nice small profit for the night

TheDood

WHOOO!!

I put down 1k on Grizzlies, and lost (-3 1/2 spread)... *tear*... BUT i put down 13k on Jazz and won(-9 Spread)! I think today was a pretty good day!

What a RUSH!

Last edited by TheDood; 10-22-10 at 11:10 PM.

hawley

sorry can you explain what you mean when you say tease this?

are you teasing all of them together, completlety individual teases for each play or teasing the spread and total for each game?

pokerwhiz90

just saying those choices you can mix and match and tease them for yourself because they look good - however if you have dannygranger sitting out and the rest of your pacers team shooting at 35%, your not going to see a total anywhere near 190 or even 180 for that fact.

TheDood

So, I'm pretty new to this betting business... Are there any systems that work? I hear of John Morrison system, and apparently he wins like some outrageous %, like 97% he claims I think... Wouldn't you think every book service (And Vegas) would be out of business if this where the case?

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    just saying those choices you can mix and match and tease them for yourself because they look good - however if you have dannygranger sitting out and the rest of your pacers team shooting at 35%, your not going to see a total anywhere near 190 or even 180 for that fact.
    pacers were horrible today that was a bad beat

TheDood

pokerwhiz90, Thanks for your hard work of putting this 411 out here... This helps to know what's going on with the teams.

You are awesome!

Keep 'on winning and making cash!

delve_deeper
    delve_deeper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Nice analysis. Good luck this season.

pokerwhiz90

the only systems that i know of are: 1 RLM 2 Fade the Lang (thats a joke but not really)

For NCAA Football, Therber and Packbacker have the best results and profits so far. For NBA preseason I think I'm up there with the analysis, I haven't been part of the forum long enough to know the best people for NCAA BB, and Tennis and Soccer people are decent here but I'm not really sure if they are profiting or not because they don't post up much information or analysis. Also NHL a few people are doing well in that, check diesel's thread on the public underdog.

I do my own handicapping for every sport and I've profited in all of them so far (Soccer, Tennis, NCAAFB, Golf, NHL, NBA preseason, NFL, MMA + Boxing) However NFL I've been on a down trend as of late - it's freaking hard to the cap the NFL and I think many people agree.

RLM is a system that works for ever major North American sport, you should do some research on it, it produces a 57% win in most sports or a 14% profit which is quite nice.

pokerwhiz90

OH and thanks for the points, i really appreciate to THEDOOD for the betpoints, especially since I am trying to get enough points to start a new bankroll in 5 dimes!!

pokerwhiz90

btw whenever i say tease or parlay or strong or some kind of indication - it shows the strength or how much research I've put into a game and of course the pacers shooting 35% is going to destroy anything like that, also when some teams decide to shoot over 60% - those things you cant predict and i believe vegas ends up losing money on those kinds of things as well.

btw i know you can nominate posts but I dont think people really do. You guys should check out all my threads for all the sports - I'm putting almost 7hours a day into just research so would really appreciate any support I can get.
    Points Awarded:

TheDood gave pokerwhiz90 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheDood

Keep up the good work Whiz!

Let's win some cash