pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Preseason 10/21/10: The Right Play

Alright so you guys know I hit 4/5 and if it wasn't for Amare Stoudemire sitting out, it probably would have been for 5/5.

Lets try to keep this good karma going!

Cleveland Cavaliers -4.5
    Cleveland has been playing very well this preseason, while the Bucks have lost 2 straight and are playing another one on what seems to be a very long road trip. Unless Milwaulkee finds some late inspiration, Cleveland should win this one comfortable.

Houston Rockets +5.5 (Strong) and Under 195
    San Antonio looks very old, just like the Lakers this preseason. Houston is 4-2 and SA is 3-3 but that doesn't mean anything. I can see San Antonio winning just because it's home but Houston is the team that is on the rise, giving more chances to play Yao Brooks and some of their new pick ups. Also Houston has already won once against the Spurs, their second game of the season.

Denver Nuggets +3 (Strong) and Over 203 Carmelo decided to shoot 25% for the day(Strong)
    Look for Denver to win straight up. Although the game is at Portland, the Trailblazers look terrible with Roy playing limited minutes and Carmelo JR and Billups playing pretty fresh, this looks like a strong play. I don't see much defense in this game, just lots of points.

Golden State +6.5 and Under 205 (Strong)
    Los Angeles looking really tired and old, this is the 2nd game of their road trip and you know Kobe is going to get limited time, especially coming off the surgery and shooting 3/18 the last game. If you know anything, theres going to be more emphasis on defense as it approaches the end of the preseason and LA's half court game and triangle offense will keep the score down. The Lakers have one only game by 7, and only won by 3 against the kings, 6.5 is too generous for this team.

If the Oklahoma City Game lines come out in time, I will post up my play for that. I posted many plays tonight but will not be wagering on all of them. It will depend on how big the spread will be as Durant and company will blowout the miserable Hornets form this preseason.

Safe Betting Guys, this is preseason anything can happen and coaches make bizarre calls that strongly effect the outcome of the game.
    Last edited by pokerwhiz90; 10-21-10 at 11:32 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Rumple4skin gave pokerwhiz90 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pokerwhiz90

Btw guys, I see Oklahoma City winning by at least 4 and the total being under 203, It's funny how OKC has been scoring very low in their home games but all over tripple digits in away games. I don't see New Orleans scoring over 90 points in this game, take that as you may as they are 1-7 preseason with their starters not being able to gel at all.

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

safe betting to me would mean exclude nuggs/portalnd game and rockets/spurs (spread bets) i have never been good with over/under

i hope GSW line goes to 7 or even8 and then i might htink of it

Otherwise i am also waiting for hornets spread, as i wrote in the other thread
    up to 5-6 is a 100 % bet to me.

Champ4all
    Champ4all's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is KD playing tonight???

dude_bg

spread is 7.5 for me at bwin
    tempted to take it with a small bet

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

i'm also curious to know if kd and westbrook are going to play or be limited

dude_bg

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...onight/3456827

will be sitting some starters
    ok but who

pokerwhiz90

right now everything looks really strong with the cavaliers already cashed in!!!

I did some last second parlays and etc, sorry I couldn't wake up in time for the OKC game, however I did say durant and westbrook would play. If you guys got anything around 192 for the total, that should have been an easy under as I said I don't see the hornets scoring above 90 in this game. Also it opened at -7 which would have been easy to take but -9 is pushing it, The OKC game in general was a great game for a teaser though as you know OKC will win it and it will be low scoring.

BOL on all our other bets, lets hope that the rockets win and keep it under 195!

pokerwhiz90

congrats to all you guys who took the under and -9 on the OKC game - another blowout

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

great calls whiz!

pokerwhiz90

The Rockets game was a disaster, in the 4th quarter they benched all their starters while the Spurs left most of their starters in, they gave up a comfortable lead and got blown out - and stopped playing defense, instead of being 3 for 3, now im 1 for 3 on the first 3 games - thats what happens when coaches make stupid calls

pokerwhiz90

none of these look good except denver +3, sorry guys looks like todays my first down day

pokerwhiz90

so i learned a few things today, the lakers play better basketball without an injured kobe
    melo shootin 25% will keep the score below 200 against a struggling blazers team
    rockets like to rest up their younger players against the older spurs players

lost way too much money today

dude_bg

damn , should have stick with my initial pick for oklahoma -9 even
    instead went for under 196 on rockets game

pokerwhiz90

sorry, im really pissed about how that game was coached, pretty much all the bench players played for houston and let the spurs pour on them during the 4th quarter... unheard of