TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

The NBA season is nearly upon us...

After the most exciting offseason in the history of the NBA we are almost ready to get the season underway. This season has the potential to be one of the most profitable in years as both bettors and linesmakers alike will struggle to evaluate the true effects of all the summer moves. I have already forecasted a few teams that I am sure will be undervalued early on, as well as those they may be getting more hype than they deserve.

I will keep my picks for the entire NBA season in this thread each and every night. My plays will range from 1 unit to 10 units at the absolute max, none of this unit inflation that goes on at this and many other sites. For me a unit is $50 and represents 1/100th of my NBA bankroll; size your units according if following my picks.

I welcome any and all intelligent NBA chatter in my thread. I have no problem if you disagree with plays, just do so respectfully and with reasoning.

Good luck to all! Let's have the most profitable NBA season yet!

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Bol sir, let's make it a good one!

TeamTT
    TeamTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Goodluck bro can't wait for the picks...

Pavv4
    Pavv4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's kill these books.

Diesel79
    Diesel79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14862

Good luck...... just 6 days left

PoweRay
    PoweRay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking forward to NBA season

airjordan
    airjordan's Avatar Become A Pro!

gonna be a great season !!

TheThreeKings

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! 6 days to go!

TheThreeKings

Alright, time to make my first official play of the new season before the line moves more.

Mia/Bos U 193 1/2 - 2 Units

A few things going on here:

- Tuesday will be the first real time for the Superfriends to share the court, and there will certainly be a few growing pains. These 3 guys are incredibly talented, but to execute at a high level against a defense as good as Boston's you need more than just natural talent, you need basketball chemistry. This will come quickly, but I expect some rough edges on Tuesday.

- The injuries Miami has faced throughout the preseason have really impacted the team's progress on the offensive end. Spoelstra will be forced to call in more sets from the sideline than he would like which will cause a more stilted offensive flow. No doubt Miami will look to push the ball when they can, but in a halfcourt set I expect both of these teams to take 20 seconds off the clock routinely. Miami will also be too unselfish at times in their first few games which will lead to sloppy offense.

- Boston is a year older and is without Kendrick Perkins for a while. I don't think anyone truly understands how much of an asset he is. The Celtics will look to post up Shaq to exploit the mismatch they will have, but that ultimately grinds the offense to a halt and keeps other players from getting into the flow of the offense (just look at any Cavs quarter last year when they made a conscious effort to feed him).

- Paul Pierce is aging quickly and the primary use of his energy Tuesday night will be trying to stop Lebron, not scoring.

- While I expect the Heat to look rough on offense, their defense should be impressive. This team has the two best wing defenders in the league and a defensive-minded coach running the show. Allowing Boston to get more than 90-95 points would be unacceptable.

- Finally, this game will have the excitement level of the NBA Finals surrounding it. Players will come out overly pumped, which leads to tight shooting.

I won't normally give such lengthy writeups, but for now it helps pass the time until the season begins!

Take the Under here and let's start the season off on a positive note.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    Alright, time to make my first official play of the new season before the line moves more.

Mia/Bos U 193 1/2 - 2 Units

A few things going on here:

- Tuesday will be the first real time for the Superfriends to share the court, and there will certainly be a few growing pains. These 3 guys are incredibly talented, but to execute at a high level against a defense as good as Boston's you need more than just natural talent, you need basketball chemistry. This will come quickly, but I expect some rough edges on Tuesday.

- The injuries Miami has faced throughout the preseason have really impacted the team's progress on the offensive end. Spoelstra will be forced to call in more sets from the sideline than he would like which will cause a more stilted offensive flow. No doubt Miami will look to push the ball when they can, but in a halfcourt set I expect both of these teams to take 20 seconds off the clock routinely. Miami will also be too unselfish at times in their first few games which will lead to sloppy offense.

- Boston is a year older and is without Kendrick Perkins for a while. I don't think anyone truly understands how much of an asset he is. The Celtics will look to post up Shaq to exploit the mismatch they will have, but that ultimately grinds the offense to a halt and keeps other players from getting into the flow of the offense (just look at any Cavs quarter last year when they made a conscious effort to feed him).

- Paul Pierce is aging quickly and the primary use of his energy Tuesday night will be trying to stop Lebron, not scoring.

- While I expect the Heat to look rough on offense, their defense should be impressive. This team has the two best wing defenders in the league and a defensive-minded coach running the show. Allowing Boston to get more than 90-95 points would be unacceptable.

- Finally, this game will have the excitement level of the NBA Finals surrounding it. Players will come out overly pumped, which leads to tight shooting.

I won't normally give such lengthy writeups, but for now it helps pass the time until the season begins!

Take the Under here and let's start the season off on a positive note.
    good luck like this play and will be on it as well

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    good luck like this play and will be on it as well
    GL to us

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6658

I'm expecting a high scoring game in 1st half and a low scoring game in 2nd half. Likely to stay under the total..

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    I'm expecting a high scoring game in 1st half and a low scoring game in 2nd half. Likely to stay under the total..
    I certainly expect the first half to be higher scoring, although not too high. I will be monitoring the live lines if the first quarter gets off to a quick start.

TheThreeKings

Looks like I'm going to beat the closer here by at least 4 points.
    Last edited by TheThreeKings; 10-25-10 at 11:37 PM.

TheThreeKings

Time to jump on Wednesday's lines:

Boston -3.5 - 2x
    New York ML (+111) - 3x
    Sacramento ML (+157) - 2x
    Milwaukee +3 - 4x
    Charlotte +7 - 2x

Bones33
    Bones33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

would 190 still be a play? Im leaning towards no...

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by Bones33 View Post
    would 190 still be a play? Im leaning towards no...
    Honestly, I think it will still hit, but you've clearly lost value. Play it very small if you do. It is certainly better than taking a side here.

scyred
    scyred's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    Time to jump on Wednesday's lines:

Boston -3.5 - 2x
    New York ML (+111) - 3x
    Sacramento ML (+157) - 2x
    Milwaukee +3 - 4x
    Charlotte +7 - 2x
    liking boston, NYC, Kings and Bucks.

GL

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by scyred View Post
    liking boston, NYC, Kings and Bucks.

GL
    No love for the lowly Bobcats? GL to us

Bones33

thanks 3...is this your first season tracking your picks?

TheThreeKings

thanks 3...is this your first season tracking your picks?
    Online, yes. I would tell you my record last year, but undocumented online it means nothing. Hopefully it won't take too long to prove my knowledge here.

Bones33

haha yea...you seem pretty knowledgeable. Only thing I wonder is how Shaq's presence will affect Boston's offense. Boston's usually is around the bottom of the league in FTA, Shaq can only make that number rise. Although the Celts will dump it in to Shaq to get involved...the Celts would always dump it down to Perk one or twice a quarter and let him fumble around as well. I think i'd take shaq's post game over Perks.

I'm hopin the total bumps up to 192 and I'll bite, but BOL to you this season i'll be followin closely.

TheThreeKings

haha yea...you seem pretty knowledgeable. Only thing I wonder is how Shaq's presence will affect Boston's offense. Boston's usually is around the bottom of the league in FTA, Shaq can only make that number rise. Although the Celts will dump it in to Shaq to get involved...the Celts would always dump it down to Perk one or twice a quarter and let him fumble around as well. I think i'd take shaq's post game over Perks.

I'm hopin the total bumps up to 192 and I'll bite, but BOL to you this season i'll be followin closely.
    Honestly, any time Shaq gets the ball it's a good thing for the under. He doesn't catch-and-go anymore like he once could. His postgame is now incredibly limited and methodical. They will post him on the left block, he'll catch and read the defense (although he's going middle no matter what, so I'm not sure what he's reading), then he'll take 2 or 3 dribbles to the middle before settling for a right-handed baby-hook while falling away off-balance. That ugly scene has been ingrained in my mind time and time again after watching him last year. The total move will take 8-10 seconds, and that's after they take the time to walk down the court and feed him.

Kendrick Perkins' offensive abilities may seem limited, but he adds in little noticed areas. He is a great screener (something Shaq isn't) and has enough mobility to be a threat on the roll.

Plus, we all know FTAs don't equal FTM for Shaq.

Bones33

Haha true, but its not so much him shooting it, as much as putting the other team in the penalty...where PP, allen, and garnett are all excellent free throw shooters.

and yes, I forgot a bit about shaq in the low post, waiting for three guys to cut, then making his move.

I guess my memory is scarred from Perkins trying to create his own shot, and worse yet, facing up and DRIBBLING the ball to make a move...god that gives me nightmares.

surftex
    surftex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Good luck! I'll keep tabs w/ you as the season progresses.

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by surftex View Post
    Good luck! I'll keep tabs w/ you as the season progresses.

TheThreeKings

The season is finally here!

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell yeah, lets crush the Bookies!

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with plays

Bones33

my book moved the line to 188...def too much value lost. good luck tho.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

Good luck this season!

LIke the under

TheThreeKings

Very easy win tonight to start the season. Congrats to those who tailed.

1-0 +2.0 Units

TheThreeKings

Adding 2x more on the Boston play tomorrow.

ink
    ink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

BOL this season. i'll keep an eye out for this thread

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    BOL this season. i'll keep an eye out for this thread
    Thanks, good luck to you as well

12 Last