Jedi
    Jedi's Avatar Become A Pro!

•• i know LB recommended the Lakers... but...

... this is exactly the kind of game that led him to consider hanging it up.. a short while ago.

He is a tremendous capper, and has a conscience (rare for a capper), as do i...
    he cannot stand people losing money while following his advice (ditto4me)

.. but dozens of you will likely lose money on this game if you pick the Lakers..
    if you can't go Thunder, then I would avoid this game... or make a small play

he will likely regret making his side known by mid-2nd qtr ...
    i think his heart may be talking on this one..

BoL-2-all

•• THUNDER (+1.5) •• Game

•• Thunder (+0.5) •• 1st Half
    Last edited by Jedi; 03-26-10 at 10:39 AM.
    Points Awarded:

cashil gave Jedi 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Do you think the Thunder is just all of a sudden going to bite LA on the ass? They have not shown any luck there previous 13 matchups so why tonite?? Thunder are a good team and have had a great year, but make no mistake they are severly outclassed tonite.. Can they beat LA?? Sure, but only if LA is not interested and I don't want to make that bet. The Lakers have that look about them again and there is nobody going to beat them when that look comes out.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,230171 motivation factor for the black mamba

Aurelius
    Aurelius's Avatar Become A Pro!

•• i know you already have a thread on this game... but... it still doesn't change anything

Jedi

ok... i triad ta warn ya'll !!

BoL anyhoo!

(NO WAY Lakers win, THUNDER by 10)
    Last edited by Jedi; 03-26-10 at 11:03 AM.

lyon804

Thanks for the warning.

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I think Ill take my chances with the mumba and tony brothers

Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Gio21 View Post
    I think Ill take my chances with the mumba

don't do it bayba!!

(small play only if LA)

Gio21

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    don't do it bayba!!

(small play only if LA)
    Im not going big but I cant trust a young team against a well seasoned and experienced team

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Gio21 View Post
    I think Ill take my chances with the mumba and tony brothers

good point.. you already a few steps ahead of me this morning..i just saw the the ref assignment tonite and this game is def good to go my friend.

snake16j
    snake16j's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakers by 10 ron ron and koba lock down durant and let westbrook score but he cant win the came bol

FireMedic1614
    FireMedic1614's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill bet you 40 SBR points thunder dosent win by 10.......

FireMedic1614

wait i have 67 ill bet you all 67

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

... this is exactly the kind of game that led him to consider hanging it up.. a short while ago.

.. but dozens of you will likely lose money on this game if you pick the Lakers..

BoL-2-all

where is your reasoning for picking the thunder? is this your play?

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

the lakers probably will not loose any more games till the playoffs

Jedi

crazy. Lakers will get spanked. Thunder all the way.

'Experience' does not mean anything tonite.

FireMedic1614

soooo if yer sure put up 67 points that they will win by 10

kobefanatic

crazy. Lakers will get spanked. Thunder all the way.

'Experience' does not mean anything tonite.
    why do you like the thunder so much? you seem to bet against the lakers every time just asking for your opinion

Gio21

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    good point.. you already a few steps ahead of me this morning..i just saw the the ref assignment tonite and this game is def good to go my friend.
    Glad we are in this together the ref assignment is what I look at right after I look at the spread

We shall see how much experience plays into this game if its close we shall see what happens.

Jedi

not a Laker hater.. i have no team. don't care about jerseys.
    i only look at matchups and performance trends..

Tonite, matchups scream Thunder.... it's just the way i capp games

last night my matchups told me to pound Miami... I posted that one twice. Did that, made a bundle.
    same thing. tonite my matches tell me, Thunder 1H & Game, Detroit 1H, and ORL/MIN UNDER 211

and the SUNS in the 2nd Half... Knicks will fade as game goes
    Last edited by Jedi; 03-26-10 at 11:33 AM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

BoL-2-all

Brother Jedi i havent hung up anything . Im still gambling. The Lakers are in a different mode right now. The spurs were the play the other night too right(the same spurs who beat okc a few days back in okc). I think if the spurs can win there LA can as well. It should be a good game. Good luck with your play. You might have the right side you might not.

Gio21

not a Laker hater.. i have no team. don't care about jerseys.
    i only look at matchups and performance trends..

Tonite, matchups scream Thunder.... it's just the way i capp games

last night my matchups told me to pound Miami... I posted that one twice. Did that, made a bundle.
    same thing. tonite my matches tell me, Thunder 1H & Game, Detroit 1H, and ORL/MIN UNDER 211

and the SUNS in the 2nd Half... Knicks will fade as game goes
    Yeah, Thats true ive been following you for a while and i mostly agree but tonight I'm not sure about okc I know it should be a good game though anytime for me though when the lakers are underdogs are favorites by 2 or less theres too much value for me to pass up. One of us will be right tonight...

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

My gut said Thunder here too, the Thunder are going to harass them all game for the Fri night crowd. May not win but I see a ton of energy coming from OKC and we all know Lakers motivation wanes.

Durant is one of the 2 or 3 guys who can take the challenge of going bucket for bucket with Kobe. I bet LA just about ev time if I'm getting them -2 or better against anyone but Cle and maybe Orl but I like this spot for OKC

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

What's the stat of Tony Brothers that has you guys liking Lakers? Does he favor Lakers, road teams winning outright, road teams covering ATS?

axxL
    axxL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
    What's the stat of Tony Brothers that has you guys liking Lakers? Does he favor Lakers, road teams winning outright, road teams covering ATS?
    Tony Brothers: Home Team ATS: 13-44-2 | Home Dog ATS (Spread <5): 3-7

Jedi

indeed... thank you Lakerboy, i would like to say that you are the Master of this site. undisputed.
    your efforts are held in the highest regard. People sorely miss your presence on this site
    as there are several threads specifically devoted to lamenting your absence, and I agree..

i do feel in this game that the Thunder have the edge... a large one..
    a significant portion of the edge, is that i feel .. is that they (Lakers) will not play their hardest,
    7-game win streak.. 2 of 5 on long road trip

no need to kill oneself here... conversely the Thunder will play to the extent of their ability.

also, Jackson won't pursue the matter as many younger coaches might..
    when he sees how it's going.. he'll relax..

he is wise and knows when to let a fish go..

PS> i remember a playoff game last year
    when the Lakers lost by 30 in Houston.. Jackson understood it was the best thing for 'em..
    post-game game conference was like..

"what's the problem?" .."there's another game in 2 days"

lol.. (i loved it)

BoL 2u2
    Last edited by Jedi; 03-26-10 at 12:10 PM.

streakyrocket22
    streakyrocket22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

I also feel the Lakers will win...simply to the fact that we saw what Ron Ron did to Spurs and he will lock down and give Durant fits and also the simple fact that Odom and Gasol will dominate the front court of Thunder.

streakyrocket22
    streakyrocket22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

We saw against the Spurs that the Spurs were out to a great start had a lead of 10+ i believe but Jackson, Kobe always make the adjustments and are just a better 2nd half time and a better OVERALL team!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

[quote=Jedi;3787583]7-game win streak.. 2 of 5 on long road trip

no need to kill oneself here... conversely the Thunder will play to the extent of their ability.

jackson also said he expects them to go 5-0 on this trip and 4-1 would be "okay"

Should be a great game. lots of great games tonight.

lyon804

indeed... thank you Lakerboy, i would like to say that you are the Master of this site. undisputed.
    your efforts are held in the highest regard. People sorely miss your presence on this site
    as there are several threads specifically devoted to lamenting your absence, and I agree..

i do feel in this game that the Thunder have the edge... a large one..
    a significant portion of the edge, is that i feel .. is that they (Lakers) will not play their hardest,
    7-game win streak.. 2 of 5 on long road trip

he is wise and knows when to let a fish go..

PS> i remember a playoff game last year
    when the Lakers lost by 30 in Houston.. Jackson understood it was the best thing for 'em..
    post-game game conference was like..

"what's the problem?" .."there's another game in 2 days"

lol.. (i loved it)

BoL 2u2

do you know that everything you just stated here you could be absolutely right and still lose? The best play is to take OKC for the 1H if you must have OKC. They probably winning at the half as they as you say will come out with more energy and play hard, but the 2H will be closing time for the Lakers. Games the Lakers are not interested in they still will make a close at the end. Do you know if the Lakers just play the 4Q like the Lakers they win this game? This is a game that OKC will most likey be leading our close the entire game and then late in the 4Q you will say... "WTF happened to OKC" If Ron Artest plays 15 minutes of defense tonite and the other Lakers just do there thing OKC will not have what it takes to win. With a spread like this you must win basically. If it was OKC +4-+6 I would say yea give it a shot. I dont't know what the outcome will be tonite and noboby knows but I will guarantee you that the Lakers will posistion themselves for the win late tonite.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    do you know that everything you just stated here you could be absolutely right and still lose? The best play is to take OKC for the 1H if you must have OKC. They probably winning at the half as they as you say will come out with more energy and play hard, but the 2H will be closing time for the Lakers. Games the Lakers are not interested in they still will make a close at the end. Do you know if the Lakers just play the 4Q like the Lakers they win this game? This is a game that OKC will most likey be leading our close the entire game and then late in the 4Q you will say... "WTF happened to OKC" If Ron Artest plays 15 minutes of defense tonite and the other Lakers just do there thing OKC will not have what it takes to win. With a spread like this you must win basically. If it was OKC +4-+6 I would say yea give it a shot. I dont't know what the outcome will be tonite and noboby knows but I will guarantee you that the Lakers will posistion themselves for the win late tonite.
    nice post

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

ok... i triad ta warn ya'll !!

BoL anyhoo!

(NO WAY Lakers win, THUNDER by 10)
    I don't know why anybody would say NO WAY lakers don't win. What makes you so sure? Trust me, I've faded the lakers most of the year but u gotta be able to see a good line when there is one and take advantage. There's about 10 games left in the reg season. This is the time the lakers typically get into playoff mode. I just think the combination of odom and attest on Durant throughout the game pays it's dividends in the latter part of the game since attest will be roughing durants skinnyass up. I think if the lakers can somehow contain Westbrook, they run away with this. Plus Lyon and tealish r also leaning lakers, two of the cappers on this site that I respect, so lakers for me as well; big. Lyon, do u see RLM here or is lakers -1.5 the best I'm prob gonna get? Thx.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Lakers win...Thunder are one of those teams who beat up on average and below average teams but struggle against the elite teams

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

small play on the lakeshow for me! bol to all!

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    I don't know why anybody would say NO WAY lakers don't win. What makes you so sure? Trust me, I've faded the lakers most of the year but u gotta be able to see a good line when there is one and take advantage. There's about 10 games left in the reg season. This is the time the lakers typically get into playoff mode. I just think the combination of odom and attest on Durant throughout the game pays it's dividends in the latter part of the game since attest will be roughing durants skinnyass up. I think if the lakers can somehow contain Westbrook, they run away with this. Plus Lyon and tealish r also leaning lakers, two of the cappers on this site that I respect, so lakers for me as well; big. Lyon, do u see RLM here or is lakers -1.5 the best I'm prob gonna get? Thx.

Line looks pretty steady to me. could go to -2 or shift to -1. i think it holds persoanlly and tick to -2 closer to tip but if it goes to -1 i will not be concerned.. look the spurs were -1 and went -2 on the lakers and we see how that turned out. if you are playing the lakers i would play it at -1.5. This probably will be a good game and the Thunder will play there hearts out but in the end it probably wont be enough for the Thunder. They are playing practically 5-8. Thunder have no bench to speak of. Durant gets shut down OKC will be owned.. Kobe can have a bad game and lakers still can win.

1234 Last