RunBookRun
    RunBookRun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1331

Jokic plan is to go 16-0 in the post-season, force LeBron retirement. End the debate.

I have been a huge supporter of LeBron for the last 10 yrs.

Jokic getting is naturally quiet, humble personality, but is likely tired of listening to detractors emphatically stating he doesn't belong in same conversation with all-time great players/ or MVPs from eras past. I am quite certain that he remembers LeBron and Giannis not picking until the very end him at the All-Star game.

Jokic is ruining final chapter of LeBron's illustrious career. LeBron was planning to play 2 more seasons beyond this one with the hanging question mark "could LeBron really win a 5th Ring?"

.. by sweeping (or 5 games) the Lakers, and winning 12 straight games from him. Jokic makes LeBron look like A) a fool for remaining in the league or B) a loser for throwing in the towel. It's 'lose-lose' for LeBron. impossible for him to retire now without it appearing to be Jokic-related. All he can do now is state "it's just basketball', as he did in the post-game following Game 3.

Best move for LeBron is to retire and be upfront about it "I had fun, I am grateful– but the next generation is here"

RunBookRun

..not saying Nuggets will go 16-0, Timberwolves look great. but could happen. Jokic will certainly try.

Had my money on Nuggets repeat long time ago, my only wish was that one could wager on 3-peats.

RunBookRun

loss good for Nuggets.. don't want too much time off before Minnesota. I hope Wolves wrap in 4 against Suns. Will be letting it ride on Denver 2nd Round. Early series line for Nuggets vs. Lakers. Expect will be much tighter line. Slight edge to Nuggets. I want that as tight as possible. If Nuggets were dogs, wager is same. Let it ride.

RunBookRun

Lakers holding parade for win tonight. Game 5 likely delayed at least one day.

RunBookRun

James Worthy on Lakers TV: "LAKERS IN 7"

give that man a raise!

RunBookRun

Doncíc is useless. 1-9 from 3PT. I bet most just launched without looking around to see who had best play on the court.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32538

Quote Originally Posted by RunBookRun View Post
    Lakers holding parade for win tonight. Game 5 likely delayed at least one day.
    Or until the riots are under control.

RunBookRun

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Or until the riots are under control.
    lol.. Lakers.. that's the only team I did not like LeBron playing for, felt like selling out. I know he good for his side hustles (movies.. etc)..

whatever the series price is against Minnesota...

Denver.

RunBookRun

Gilbert Arenas: "LA just toying with Nuggets last 11. Lakers in 7"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrqaobZRTuI

RunBookRun

got series price DEN/LAK at DEN (-400).
    letting it ride DEN (-190) Series over Minnesota

RunBookRun

Doncic is no Jokic. Just a massive playoff let down. Has shot under .200 for the series from 3PT, and took plenty of shots. Terrible efficiency. Plays scared in the playoffs it seems, maybe Jokic success unnerves him, not sure.

Only thing hurting OKC is too much time off, still should easily handle either Mavs or Clippers. Both are duds. Playoff Doncic is the new playoff Harden. Regular season miracle, but playoff ghost.

RunBookRun

Doncíc wasting possessions heaving up 3s that have no chance of going in. Luke is a liability in the post-season.. he needs security of regular season.. where he taunts and laughs at opponents, scoring at will.. for series probably under .150 from 3pt range. Refs put him on the line a great deal. Lucky for that.

Not committed athlete, drinks beer every night. 50Lbs. overweight.

RunBookRun

Doncíc 0-7 from 3PT range. Halftime game 6. critical closeout game.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16264

Doncic is no Jokic. Just a massive playoff let down. Has shot under .200 for the series from 3PT, and took plenty of shots. Terrible efficiency. Plays scared in the playoffs it seems, maybe Jokic success unnerves him, not sure.

Only thing hurting OKC is too much time off, still should easily handle either Mavs or Clippers. Both are duds. Playoff Doncic is the new playoff Harden. Regular season miracle, but playoff ghost.
    Terrible analysis. Doncic is nothing like Harden. Harden is a regular season scorer. Doncic is one of the finest offensive players the league has ever seen ...not as effective as Jokic, but I think most people have realised this without your help.

IBetYou

Reality is playoff basketball is physical and that takes a toll on player. Jokic is a big guy and he's able to score around the basket with ease, so he doesn't feel the physicality so much. There was a time when the Lakers had the likes of Marc Gasol or even Dwight Howard and so they could wear on him a bit. I don't see any teams having this anymore thus the Joker is able to do his tricks easy.

IBetYou

Strange that the Lakers let Gasol go when they did. He was the best low post defender in the league his final year -you would think a contending team would find that useful with Jokic & Embiid rising to prominance. Instead he goes to play in the Spanish 2nd division. I think he & James did not get along.

RunBookRun

Wolves total dominance game 2, up 2-0
    goes to show.. if you go for it 100% anything possible.

RunBookRun

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Terrible analysis. Doncic is nothing like Harden. Harden is a regular season scorer. Doncic is one of the finest offensive players the league has ever seen ...not as effective as Jokic, but I think most people have realised this without your help.
    BetYou, not sure if you understood my post. I stated that Doncíc is a regular season miracle-man, but a playoff choker (like Harden). in the last 4 games vs. the Clippers he shot 7 of 41 from 3PT (.171)

adding tonight, 1 of 9 he is now 8-50, (.160%), on most of those occasions he just dribbles up the floor and jacks it up without looking around with plenty of time left on the clock.

Funny how he can hit 3PT underhanded circus shots in the reg season and can't hit wide open 3's in the playoffs. What would be the difference in difficulty?

lets see of he recovers, and leads Mavs past Thunder. Could happen. anything can. but I doubt it.

IBetYou

BetYou, not sure if you understood my post. I stated that Doncíc is a regular season miracle-man, but a playoff choker (like Harden). in the last 4 games vs. the Clippers he shot 7 of 41 from 3PT (.171)

adding tonight, 1 of 9 he is now 8-50, (.160%), on most of those occasions he just dribbles up the floor and jacks it up without looking around with plenty of time left on the clock.

Funny how he can hit 3PT underhanded circus shots in the reg season and can't hit wide open 3's in the playoffs. What would be the difference in difficulty?

lets see of he recovers, and leads Mavs past Thunder. Could happen. anything can. but I doubt it.
    RunBookRun, not sure if you have seen past playoff performances from Doncic. He averages 33.9ppg in the playoffs -this is league leading, and it's not close. About 48% on FG too. Rough go for him this year. He's obviously injured. But his numbers were going to dip a bit vs Dort anyway -this is the best perimeter defender in the league and has been for some time.

IBetYou

His team is just not as good as the other 3 still alive in the west. Can't tell me Washington & Gafford move the needle. Lively is the one frontliner that can emerge as a 3rd star for them but they have to wait for him, 3-4 years.

IBetYou

It would be great if the Mavs knocked off the Thunder... all these BLM goons going off about their "brother" (SAS actually used that word -yup subtle as a sledge hammer) SGA not winning it. Shaq, SAS, K.Smith, Arenas, Perkins - pretty much every black talking head - all feeling very strongly the blackie ought to have won.

Much racism in America makes for a highly entertaining Balkans takeover

IBetYou

Well not that great actually, as I will be betting the Thunder

RunBookRun

Doncic played better and his face looked thinner. I think Doncic has a beer problem.. not off season.. ALL season. I think he drinks a 6 pack a day. Shows in his face and body (and performance). I think after game 1 stinker he decided to get serious. And did.

if he continues to play well next few games.. and we notice his face continue to look more slim.. it was the beer that disrupted his play.

RunBookRun

I do agree that some people really root so hard against Jokic and Doncic.. but they have been on the receiving end of this treatment for so long.. not surprising they have anger about it. Jackie Robinson.. black QBs.. only hockey was it no big deal. I do think that is the core resentment. but expected.

I wonder what Shaq's treatment of Jokic will have on Game 3. it might have pissed him off. I do think that Jokic was extra motivated last year for being denied MVP he deserved. Wanted to show league who should have won. I also feel this award should be voted on after season like hockey. It affects playoffs too much. Anthony Edwards received a single vote and not in discussion. I believe that factors into his beyond normal play in the playoffs and especially this round.

tonight should be interesting. Minnesota much better coached.

IBetYou

I do agree that some people really root so hard against Jokic and Doncic.. but they have been on the receiving end of this treatment for so long.. not surprising they have anger about it. Jackie Robinson.. black QBs.. only hockey was it no big deal. I do think that is the core resentment. but expected.

I wonder what Shaq's treatment of Jokic will have on Game 3. it might have pissed him off. I do think that Jokic was extra motivated last year for being denied MVP he deserved. Wanted to show league who should have won. I also feel this award should be voted on after season like hockey. It affects playoffs too much. Anthony Edwards received a single vote and not in discussion. I believe that factors into his beyond normal play in the playoffs and especially this round.

tonight should be interesting. Minnesota much better coached.
    How about Kenny Smith? He said "WOW" when Doncic was listed as a one of the candidates... wow what?! He's put up arguably the best regular season stats ever. Stats are one of the main arguments, so he's going to be in the conversation. I think it's all good drama personally... but you'd think they'd have a bit more self awareness -maybe they actually want people to know they're tribal.

IBetYou

Nuggets to repeat I think. T'Wolves & Thunder lack experience. Celtics are just 2nd rate.