NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
    I am not like most of people that troll t-wizzle.
    But i can beat air taj mahal :P

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I guess so. I'd definitely be boo'ing them. Oh well they aren't even real fans, they've only had the team for a few years and basically got a championship caliber team dropped on their doorstep. I bet the fans stay for the trophy presentation lol.
    Bro come on. You'd boo your team just because they lost?

The only reason to boo your team is when they don't try. Other than that it just creates negative energy around the team which doesn't help anyone. I know these guys get paid 8 figs a year and can be viewed as disconnected selfish guys but the relationship with the crowd is important... And does make players better at times.
    Points Awarded:

NBA Maniac gave Seto 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20478

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Bro come on. You'd boo your team just because they lost?

The only reason to boo your team is when they don't try. Other than that it just creates negative energy around the team which doesn't help anyone. I know these guys get paid 8 figs a year and can be viewed as disconnected selfish guys but the connection with the crowd is important...
    I might be bitter because I lost on OKC. But did they really give that great of an effort? They were up 7 at half....season on the line....opposing teams best player is out....and they lose.....at home.

If I'm there, I still think I boo. Definitely not stand up and cheer. Either boo or leave the arena. Maybe we just see it different.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OKC may not have played heir best game but they played their ass off and left it out there. I can live with losing in overtime to the Spurs. They are a better overall team with a hall of fame coach.

Hope they beat Miami.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OKC may not have played heir best game but they played their ass off and left it out there. I can live with losing in overtime to the Spurs. They are a better overall team with a hall of fame coach.

Hope they beat Miami.
    Come on, no way are Spurs better than OKC at home w/o Parker. OKC should not have lost this.

Seto

I might be bitter because I lost on OKC. But did they really give that great of an effort? They were up 7 at half....season on the line....opposing teams best player is out....and they lose.....at home.

If I'm there, I still think I boo. Definitely not stand up and cheer. Either boo or leave the arena. Maybe we just see it different.
    Do you support a team passionately in any sport?

The thing that you need to understand about these people is they genuinely LOVE their team. I may sound corny and stupid but I'm talking proper unconditional love.

I can only compare it to what I experience when I go watch soccer but I travel 10 hours a day every other week to go see them play away, I mean it's a real thing that tens or hundreds of thousands of people do every week. So yeah, we get mad at them sometimes when they play like shit but ultimately we love those guys and I've never ever booed, and never left early. ONCE I stormed out of a game immediately after the final whistle without waiting to greet the players but that's about it.

I think this OKC crowd is one of the crowds that feels the closest to their team, and either way I just totally relate to that type of thing.

BigDofBA

The thing that you need to understand about these people is they genuinely LOVE their team. I may sound corny and stupid but I'm talking proper unconditional love.

I can only compare it to what I experience when I go watch soccer but I travel 10 hours a day every other week to go see them play away, I mean it's a real thing that tens or hundreds of thousands of people do every week. So yeah, we get mad at them sometimes when they play like shit but ultimately we love those guys and I've never ever booed, and never left early. ONCE I stormed out of a game immediately after the final whistle without waiting to greet the players but that's about it.

I think this OKC crowd is one of the crowds that feels the closest to their team, and either way I just totally relate to that type of thing.

Most fan bases aren't this way. Take Miami Heat fans for example. The building was emptying out in game 6 of the Finals last year with 30 seconds left down two possessions.

People in Oklahoma are still way more passionate about football though. I literally feel sick after OU chokes in big games. Lol.

Football here rivals soccer in England. With that said, this is a gambling forum with a bunch of pissed off broke asses that lose money all the time. Most people here won't care.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

OKC should not have lost this BigD. Durant choked big time buddy. Seriously

He had so many open looks and couldn't capitalize. Thunder losing this game was a 3.4k swing on my bankroll. They should have won it. Period.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Come on, no way are Spurs better than OKC at home w/o Parker. OKC should not have lost this.
    But you forget to mention that the spurs just have so many more weapons. 51 to 5 in bench points. Too much talent, depth, and smart coaching for SA

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post

He had so many open looks and couldn't capitalize. Thunder losing this game was a 3.4k swing on my bankroll. They should have won it. Period.

Why do you think I've had a Westbrook avatar the last two years?

He was the only reason OKC made it to OT. He had a huge steal just like he did against the Clippers and then he buried free throws to take it to overtime after Durant fell down and turned it over the previous possession.

Westbrook can always get his shot. Yeah, he can be out of control and take bad shots but he is a trooper. He is someone you would want to goto war with.

KRIT

I root for teams, but never really had a team. So I could just not understand it. I just don't understand cheering for your team losing, especially in a game you should have won. The Bobcats getting eliminated by the Heat is a totally different story, I understand cheering for them coming off the court.

+1

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Hope they beat Miami.
    left it out there....

you're definitely one of those fans who would have been cheering...

they blew a lead to the spurs at home (must win) and parker out...

i saw a couple of turnovers by durant/westbrook when they went up and left the ball in a spurs players hand....if thats what you meant

Seto

Most fan bases aren't this way. Take Miami Heat fans for example. The building was emptying out in game 6 of the Finals last year with 30 seconds left down two possessions.

People in Oklahoma are still way more passionate about football though. I literally feel sick after OU chokes in big games. Lol.

Football here rivals soccer in England. With that said, this is a gambling forum with a bunch of pissed off broke asses that lose money all the time. Most people here won't care.
    I can understand them too in a way I get pissed off all the time about gambling too lol. I don't blame KRIT I'm just telling him how I see this thing, if you don't support a team it's completely normal not to understand it.

But I am a fan first - I mean I would never have started gambling if I hadn't started out as a sports fan.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

i would say the same thing had a won a huge bet on the spurs...

OKC choked and these guys are not champions...how you can watch that game and think they'll earn a ring together is craziness..

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    left it out there....

you're definitely one of those fans who would have been cheering...

they blew a lead to the spurs at home (must win) and parker out...

i saw a couple of turnovers by durant/westbrook when they went up and left the ball in a spurs players hand....if thats what you meant

OKC was down the majority of the game and was down double digits in the fourth. They did a hell of a job to come back and force overtime.

They led by 7 at halftime but people are talking like they blew some big lead when in reality they trailed most of the second half.

survive
    and advance

OKC was down the majority of the game and was down double digits in the fourth. They did a hell of a job to come back and force overtime.

They led by 7 at halftime but people are talking like they blew some big lead when in reality they trailed most of the second half.
    They were up 7 at half, but that was a little flukey. The first half was much closer than what the score showed

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Why do you think I've had a Westbrook avatar the last two years?

He was the only reason OKC made it to OT. He had a huge steal just like he did against the Clippers and then he buried free throws to take it to overtime after Durant fell down and turned it over the previous possession.

Westbrook can always get his shot. Yeah, he can be out of control and take bad shots but he is a trooper. He is someone you would want to goto war with.
    well, then you must not like winning rings b/c he is never winning one....

yes he made a few good plays to get them to OT but he also made a bunch of bad plays and didnt get the ball to durant enough...

OKC would be much better off getting a true PG to pair with durant and just get another big man alongside durant/ibaka...

westbrook is sexy, but sexy doesnt win rings...

KRIT

They should never have been down double digits in the first place. Maybe with Parker playing, but no excuse here.

i would say the same thing had a won a huge bet on the spurs...

OKC choked and these guys are not champions...how you can watch that game and think they'll earn a ring together is craziness..
    They'll never win anything. There best chance was with Hardne. Their owner is too tight with his wallet anyways. If Cuban or an owner who actually cared about winning had this team a few years ago, they would have kept Harden and paid the luxury tax and went after a championship. I guess OKC is content with 50 win seasons.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

They don't have a decent offensive scheme as well. They just stand around on 2 man game most of the time. They are not winners and Brooks is not a great coach.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

its the NBA - did you really think this wasnt going to be a 1 possesion game late? i had a huge bet on OKC and even when down 11 i felt very confident they would tie or take the lead again...

they were up 7 vs parker.....
    we know they were down most of the 2nd half...........thats the whole point we're trying to make. how can you do that at home/no parker in a game like this?

they choked....plain and simple man.

BigDofBA

well, then you must not like winning rings b/c he is never winning one....

yes he made a few good plays to get them to OT but he also made a bunch of bad plays and didnt get the ball to durant enough...

OKC would be much better off getting a true PG to pair with durant and just get another big man alongside durant/ibaka...

westbrook is sexy, but sexy doesnt win rings...
    I guess I would be more upset if I truly thought OKC was the best team in the NBA but I don't. As it stands, they finish as the third best team in the league which is what they are.

I thought they they could beat the Spurs but I knew they wouldn't beat Miami.

Its not like they're underachieving. They're contending every year but they aren't quite good enough.

survive
    and advance

Outside of KD Westbrook Ibaka and Jackson, OKC basically has nothing. Fisher Perkins Adams lamb combined for 5 points...that roster needs some serious help

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

I guess I would be more upset if I truly thought OKC was the best team in the NBA but I don't. As it stands, they finish as the third best team in the league which is what they are.

I thought they they could beat the Spurs but I knew they wouldn't beat Miami.

Its not like they're underachieving. They're contending every year but they aren't quite good enough.
    you have westbrook/durant/ibaka and this wasnt your 1st run in the playoffs...

the wizards can say what you just did.....OKC had a very good chance at getting a ring once ibaka came back.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Outside of KD Westbrook Ibaka and Jackson, OKC basically has nothing. Fisher Perkins Adams lamb combined for 5 points...that roster needs some serious help
    OKC started Sefelosha and Perkins all year....two guys who should either be playing overseas in Israel or retired.

BigDofBA

you have westbrook/durant/ibaka and this wasnt your 1st run in the playoffs...

the wizards can say what you just did.....OKC had a very good chance at getting a ring once ibaka came back.
    You really think OKC was the best team in the NBA but choked?

They aren't better than Miami.

The Wizards can't say say they're the third best team in the league btw.

BigDofBA

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Spurs but have a feeling Miami will find a way to win three in a row.

survive
    and advance

OKC started Sefelosha and Perkins all year....two guys who should either be playing overseas in Israel or retired.
    Couldn't agree more. To think they could've kept harden for just $4.5 million(total) and could've amnestied Perkins....

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2197

I'm only mad because OKC played exactly like I expected in game 4.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

You really think OKC was the best team in the NBA but choked?

They aren't better than Miami.

The Wizards can't say say they're the third best team in the league btw.
    the "best team" from the regular season standings dont always win a championship...
    young superstars step up their game and enter a new level of nba stardom (when they win rings)..
    both of your guys tonight proved they dont have it...

i can see that talking with you about this will get no where, as youre clearly one of those passionate hometown fans that Seto mentioned.

wow - you actually are ok with finishing in 3rd place and are talking down about a wizards team where their young stars (wall/beal) made their 1st postseason run....

maybe you misread me....i was talking about your underachieving comment
    Last edited by Tommy Karate; 05-31-14 at 11:34 PM.

BigDofBA

the "best team" from the regular season standings dont always win a championship...
    young superstars step up their game and enter a new level of nba stardom (when they win rings)..
    both of your guys tonight proved they dont have it...

i can see that talking with you about this will get no where, as youre clearly one of those passionate hometown fans that Seto mentioned.

wow - you actually are ok with finishing in 3rd place and are talking down about a wizards team where their young stars (wall/beal) made their 1st postseason run....

maybe you misread me....i was talking about your underachieving comment
    We can put it to rest man. KD didn't play like a MVP down the stretch and OKC lost tonight. I can understand people saying Durant choked. No problem with that.

KD never gets blame though and it's always on Westbrook. Westbrook was the only reason OKC had a chance.

Im im not ok with my team finishing third but I'll get over it knowing they aren't better than Miami. They need to get better role players and Brooks or a new coach needs to hold KD and Westbrook accountable.

OKC never runs set plays or exploits matchuos. They win of pure ability but when it gets to this point it's a lot tougher unless the superstars go off like they did in game 4.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I'm only mad because OKC played exactly like I expected in game 4.
    it's game 6, moron.

golden goose of fade

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    it's game 6, moron.

golden goose of fade
    Lol crusty.

Good point, being wrong in games 3 and 4 doesn't make being wrong in game 6 any better.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2197

Lol that's why I love big d
    Points Awarded:

BigDofBA gave t-wizzle 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5818

are you kidding?

these guys arent champions.....durant, westbrook at home in an elimination game and you cant hold a 7 pt lead when the other team loses one of their best players?

they'll make exciting playoff games every year, probably get top seed next season - but they clearly dont have what guys like ginobli have.
    Plus their coach is completely clueless.

brandcorytoby
    brandcorytoby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7732

Your Record

What is your record for the Season?

First ... 4748495051 Last