JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was in the nba section of that website, would you be kind enough to translate the wizards game for me, thank you

Mako-SBR
    Mako-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3262

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

Use your favorite search engine: sdql bible.

From there it's all learning the filters used to create queries.
    Many of the filters are very basic, (HD = home dog, etc) however understanding some of the more complex ones does take time and really requires practice using.
    If you would like translation for a particular query, just ask the author. Lots of good peeps in here that can help you along the way.
    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post

this slicker guy, posed, and such a mediator . I would like to add. on the killersports page, under each sport and towards the left bottom, there is a PDF manual for each sport. Also, join the google group and use the search function (where most of my learning came from). Additionally, I have been gamble for 15+ years and the PC's were introduced to me in the ninth grade...lol (should tell you how old I am). I have evolved my life around SDQL as my sole handicapping method. After three or more year, I am still LEARNING it. After many years of trying to learn it and many, many dollars spent on trial and error, I am finally showing grand profits. . SDQL seems overwhelming at first (like most new things do), but it is rather easy if time is spent to learn it.

If any outsiders ever have a question on a parameter, just post it or PM me. I will be glad to try and help.

Well said guys. None of us was spoon fed much when it comes to this unfortunately, as it's not programming at all...It's actually a language, a language we need to learn how to speak fluently if we want the database to spit out results.

90 days ago I didn't even know that the SDQL existed, let alone what the right scenarios would be to pursue. From those first horrible steps the journey has now provided handicapping plays that have generated a 43-25 win/loss record the last six weeks of using it daily for the NBA.

Dive in, learn it, practice it, ask questions from brilliant vets like JMon/b1/etc and you'll get it...Practice practice practice.

PS - I never got a grade above a C in all the time I took French in high school so don't feel that you need to be gifted with languages (or mathematics for that matter) in order to pick it up. You can do it!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JMon

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    I was in the nba section of that website, would you be kind enough to translate the wizards game for me, thank you
    tS(A, N=4)=4 and tS(L, N=4)>=3 and H and rest>=2 and oS(W, N=4)>=3 and season>=2007

Need to brake it down into pieces. Parameters can be found on the pages. So I will assume you now the basics.

A lot of summatives here...

tS(A, N=4)=4 (what does A stand for on the parameter chart? N = the number of games)

tS(L, N=4)>=3 (play on loses of three or more of 4)

oS(W, N=4)>=3 (opponents wins 3 or more of 4)

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Use your favorite search engine: sdql bible.

From there it's all learning the filters used to create queries.
    Many of the filters are very basic, (HD = home dog, etc) however understanding some of the more complex ones does take time and really requires practice using.
    If you would like translation for a particular query, just ask the author. Lots of good peeps in here that can help you along the way.
    Good luck.
    Thanks man I will dig into this thread tonight and see if I can get a grip.

JR007

tS(A, N=4)=4 and tS(L, N=4)>=3 and H and rest>=2 and oS(W, N=4)>=3 and season>=2007

Need to brake it down into pieces. Parameters can be found on the pages. So I will assume you now the basics.

A lot of summatives here...

tS(A, N=4)=4 (what does A stand for on the parameter chart? N = the number of games)

tS(L, N=4)>=3 (play on loses of three or more of 4)

oS(W, N=4)>=3 (opponents wins 3 or more of 4)
    thanks JMon

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Hope ya'll got in on the suns. Memphis was recc'd by this, the line has moved a point and a half against from the opener though.

AF and p:HW and pp:HW and p:margin>8 and pp:margin>8 and division!=o:division and line<-4 and season>=2006

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

hey ass-clown, I take offense to that, he's trying to learn, I have been gambling and bookmaking longer than all in this thread combined, maybe he nor I do not have the computer background that you were spoon-fed since grade school, take you attitude down the road, kid
    The irony is that you are the one, who is asking to be spoon-fed here instead of trying to understand things yourself first. This has nothing to do with programming. I learnt it also form 0 some month and a half ago. And of course it's easier to come here and ask "What's this?", rather than reading through, what has been written already and explained in this thread already.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    The irony is that you are the one, who is asking to be spoon-fed here instead of trying to understand things yourself first. This has nothing to do with programming. I learnt it also form 0 some month and a half ago. And of course it's easier to come here and ask "What's this?", rather than reading through, what has been written already and explained in this thread already.
    It's cool man I know there are a ton of people on here who just pop in and say "Oh you are winning? Teach me everything". I wasn't really referring to the ins and outs I was just more of trying to understand the general idea behind what is going on here. Whether you guys are winning/losing and why this method benefits you guys.

JMon

JA...you have learned at a faster rate than I ever did.. and I applaud you for that. I also appreciate your contributions. Especially the money I won off your work tonight. . Hard work does pay off, ehh!

JR007

I am quite familiar with the website, that this all comes from, and the newsletters that I have been using for years..as well as Dr Ed......a few examples from the knowledgeable people here is helpful.....to enhance my understanding...I wonder if this method is more efficient than forecasting models, originating lines and closing line value which is widely accepted as the way to win in sports betting.......in a way sdql could be "construed" as data mining

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

p:L and op:L and A and rest>=1 and 0<=line<=3 and P:margin>=5 and season>=2010

An ATS pick for BKN v. CHA game.

An ATS and total pick for PHX v. WAS game.
    2-1

JAnthony

JA...you have learned at a faster rate than I ever did.. and I applaud you for that. I also appreciate your contributions. Especially the money I won off your work tonight. . Hard work does pay off, ehh!
    Thanks, man! Glad to be of some use. Bummer that Nets didn't seal the deal.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Going ahead and posting this one for tomorrow night. A total play on the 76ers/Rockets game. Last 3 occurrences fall into this play against the 76ers as well.

SDQL:

HF and line<=-15 and WP>=60 and o:WP<=30 and rest>0 and o:rest>0 and season>=2008

JAnthony

I'll share one I hammered on the Knicks over last night, will probably do the same tonight.

We want to play the over on a shitty team (49-40 win%) that is currently hot, winning 8 or more out of their last 10. Look for total >=200.

total >= 200 and tS(W, N=10) >= 8 and 49 >= WP >= 40

gl if you play
    Thanks for this Knicks over, JMon!

JAnthony

There are 3 strong trends, all of which have been posted on this thread, that indicate that Trailblazers -3.5 is the play for tomorrow night.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

HF and line<=-15 and WP>=60 and o:WP<=30 and rest>0 and o:rest>0 and season>=2008

Been trying to learn someone tell me how I am doing...

Home Fav with a line greater then -15 and a win percentage over 60 vs opponent with win percentage under 30 and both teams coming off at least one day of rest since 2008?

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post

Been trying to learn someone tell me how I am doing...

Home Fav with a line greater then -15 and a win percentage over 60 vs opponent with win percentage under 30 and both teams coming off at least one day of rest since 2008?
    You're right, except that you are ignoring the "=" sign. It is a Home Fave with a line equal or greater than -15, etc.

Good job!

BTW, great Avatar!

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    You're right, except that you are ignoring the "=" sign. It is a Home Fave with a line equal or greater than -15, etc.

Good job!

BTW, great Avatar!
    Ok well thats a start I am kind of catching on to reading it. Now where are you guys getting these codes from? You guys start from scratch and go trial and error? Sorry for clogging this thread just tell me to stop and I will...just trying to learn a new side of this.

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

Ok well thats a start I am kind of catching on to reading it. Now where are you guys getting these codes from? You guys start from scratch and go trial and error? Sorry for clogging this thread just tell me to stop and I will...just trying to learn a new side of this.
    go to killer sports

JAnthony

We just try to come up with situations, 'code' them and then see what works and what not.

OLY
    OLY's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are having a great conversation. Most of you get very, very detailed...and that works absolutely! I stated simple, just using the previous situation, then previous points, and margin - all that. Just build and build on your own knowledge and read what other guys got. Beside the Google Forum, this is the only daily active forum of guys posting 'code'. It's awesome. Like somebody said above, they've been doing this for three years, and they're still learning. Personally, ever since I found SDQL, about 75% revolves around my gambling.

This team played hard yesterday but came up short to a team only winning 43% of their games. Some may argue a revenge spot for this team, but their opponent is playing for the final spot in the west and are coming off a win vs the best team in the league. I'm taking the home team.

5-39 SU 11.4% team=Clippers and p:AL and A and rest=0 and o:WP>58
    16-4 SU 80.0% team=Mavericks and po:WP>70 and p: points>110 and H
    Last edited by OLY; 03-27-14 at 02:34 AM.

JR007

what does tS, and Os mean, could not find those, team stats, vs opponents stats ???

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

There are 3 strong trends, all of which have been posted on this thread, that indicate that Trailblazers -3.5 is the play for tomorrow night.
    Which ones are these? I would like to take a look if possible.

JMon

what does tS, and Os mean, could not find those, team stats, vs opponents stats ???
    go to sdql dot com and click on summative heading
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave JMon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    Going ahead and posting this one for tomorrow night. A total play on the 76ers/Rockets game. Last 3 occurrences fall into this play against the 76ers as well.

SDQL:

Nice work . Salty in the month of March!

JMon

2014 MLB bible is available on KS homepage... Great way to learn sdql and mlb

JAnthony

A and p:AFL and 1<= rest<=2 and season>=2005

p:AL and A and season=2013 and line<=8 and division!=o:division and p:line<2

It seems that the third situation was eliminated because of the line movement, but it suggested that we fade Hawks tonight. Hit rate was above 70%

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30137

A few pages back NoLeaf created a list of queries contained in the thread. Mako, then cleaned 'em up for ease of copy/paste. (Thanks posters)
    There have been others added since, but that will get you started.
    Good luck.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

From KS trends.

210>total>199.5 and 60>=WP>=51 and Sum(ou margin@team and season, N=5) >=36 and season>2007 and playoffs=0

"and H" even better.

Good luck.

JMon

From KS trends.

210>total>199.5 and 60>=WP>=51 and Sum(ou margin@team and season, N=5) >=36 and season>2007 and playoffs=0

"and H" even better.

Good luck.
    I have this saved in my personal db. I have since made adjustments...at H, 210 > total > 207.5 not very good

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

I have this saved in my personal db. I have since made adjustments...at H, 210 > total > 207.5 not very good
    Thanks for the input. Will re-save accordingly.
    YOU are the 'Mon!
    Good luck tonight.

JAnthony

p:LAF and p: points<=90 and rest>=1 and tA(points)>=103

Found this tasty 'under'.

JAnthony

p:LF and p:ats margin<=-7 and op:WD and AF and rest=0

Gonna take this ML.

JMon

p:LAF and p: points<=90 and rest>=1 and tA(points)>=103

Found this tasty 'under'.

I tweeked it a bit for my own personal db

p:LAF and p: points<=90 and rest>=1 and tA(points)>=103 and total<210 and playoffs=0

JAnthony

I tweeked it a bit for my own personal db

p:LAF and p: points<=90 and rest>=1 and tA(points)>=103 and total<210 and playoffs=0
    Very nice, JMon! Definitely gonna save this version in my DB as well.

First ... 18192021222324 ... Last