Mako-SBR
    Mako-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3262

Quote Originally Posted by cofaga View Post
    P:AL and op:margin>10 and p:HW and 65>WP>o:WP and -10<=line<=-5 and H

My logic in this is taking the better team in a away loss revenge spot. Both teams coming off wins and home team is a decent favourite. If you get rid of the 65 still hits over 60% and gives you a larger sample

Any input is welcomed thanks
    That's actually pretty good cofaga, I like the logic. You can tweak it a hundred ways but at the end of the day you're playing off a base revenge scenario where the opponent comes in hot off a big win (and is thus potentially overvalued even as an away dog).

With that -5 to -10 line parameter you set the dog isn't getting much beyond the standard away court bonus, which is great considering the home team is a superior performing team on the season who likely just lost the prior meeting on a fluke. That line filter tends to fit with the core logic, which is what you want.

The sample size is low at 4-6 plays per season but that can be an advantage to some extent because if you're on the fence about the system in terms of it being valid or not it's not going to bankrupt you or lose you a disproportionately high amount of units as you play it to find out since it's grouped in with all your other system plays.

If say you make 100 or more total plays in an NBA season on average from the systems you've created or follow, then adding in a borderline low-volume scenario or two like this one won't hurt you badly if it winds up being a 40-50% winner...and of course if it wins more than 52.4% then it just adds to the others as well.

Nice work.
    Last edited by Mako-SBR; 03-07-14 at 05:26 PM.

cofaga
    cofaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 629

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
    That's actually pretty good cofaga, I like the logic. You can tweak it a hundred ways but at the end of the day you're playing off a base revenge scenario where the opponent comes in hot off a big win (and is thus potentially overvalued even as an away dog).

With that -5 to -10 line parameter you set the dog isn't getting much beyond the standard away court bonus, which is great considering the home team is a superior performing team on the season who likely just lost the prior meeting on a fluke. That line filter tends to fit with the core logic, which is what you want.

The sample size is low at 4-6 plays per season but that can be an advantage to some extent because if you're on the fence about the system in terms of it being valid or not it's not going to bankrupt you or lose you a disproportionately high amount of units as you play it to find out since it's grouped in with all your other system plays.

If say you make 100 or more total plays in an NBA season on average from the systems you've created or follow, then adding in a borderline low-volume scenario or two like this one won't hurt you badly if it winds up being a 40-50% winner...and of course if it wins more than 52.4% then it just adds to the others as well.

Nice work.
    Thanks for the input!

Mako-SBR

My logic in this is taking the better team in a away loss revenge spot. Both teams coming off wins and home team is a decent favourite. If you get rid of the 65 still hits over 60% and gives you a larger sample

Winner, Toronto

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Nice work.
    I am not as adamant about having more than 6 plays a season on a trend if it works for enough years with a large enough total sample.

I don't understand what you mean that this system is "grouped in with all your other system plays" and thus "it's not going to bankrupt you". How do you consider systems to be "grouped in" with other systems?

Thanks, just trying to understand your philosophy.

Oh, forgot to say it appears to be a very nice system!

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Mako..got your situation off the group

All school is in session...looking for translation here. 2pts!!! Only one losing year- 2007 (with filters)

H and tA(points-o: points)<=-9 and opo: points>=100 and oppo: points>=100 and opppo: points>=100

additional filters:

and rest<4 and line<10

JMon

nice work of sdql bud

JMon

Next session

Looking for the sdql here: over play here. Also make sure to check out the western conference in this situation

1. Home team
    2. total over or equal to 200
    3. average defense allowing 98 to 92 a game
    4. playing against a bad defense allowing 102 to 98 a game
    5. after 42+ games
    6. after two straight wins of 10 points or more.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Very nice trend, JMon.

If you consider fundamentals, Nelson and Oladipo are questionable tonight. Could be problems for a weak offensive team.

Mako-SBR

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Next session

Looking for the sdql here: over play here. Also make sure to check out the western conference in this situation

1. Home team
    5. after 42+ games
    Never would have thought it would be that particular game tonight...but that's the beauty of SDQL mining, to point out situations for analysis that wouldn't reveal themselves otherwise.

Who is it lurkers, solve the riddle. It's a good exercise too, because knowing how to pull average points for and against on the season for teams and their opponents from SDQL is a truly great filter in a ton of solid scenarios. You can do it!
    Last edited by Mako-SBR; 03-08-14 at 02:49 PM.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Mako..got your situation off the group

All school is in session...looking for translation here. 2pts!!! Only one losing year- 2007 (with filters)

H and tA(points-o: points)<=-9 and opo: points>=100 and oppo: points>=100 and opppo: points>=100

additional filters:

and rest<4 and line<10
    Home and in all prior away games this season against this opponent, opponent's points are 10 more total than team's. Opponent has given up 100+ in last 3.
    ?

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Never would have thought it would be that particular game tonight...but that's the beauty of SDQL mining, to point out situations for analysis that wouldn't reveal themselves otherwise.

Who is it lurkers, solve the riddle. It's a good exercise too, because knowing how to pull average points for and against on the season for teams and their opponents from SDQL is a truly great filter in a ton of solid scenarios. You can do it!
    I believe I know how to put this SDQL together, but I have no idea what is the correct wording for "points allowed" (defense)?

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10039

Next session

1. Home team
    5. after 42+ games
    H and total>=200 and p:W and pp:W and p:margin>=10 and pp:margin>=10 and game number>=42 and 102>=oA(ooints)>=98 and 98>=tA(ooints)>=92

For some reason, I can't edit the query. Tried numerous times to get rid of the emoticon but you can figure it out.
    Last edited by cash$bro91; 03-08-14 at 03:24 PM.

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post
    H and total>=200 and p:W and pp:W and p:margin>=10 and pp:margin>=10 and game number>=42 and 102>=oA(ooints)>=98 and 98>=tA(ooints)>=92

Should be instead of the emoticon. For some reason, I can't edit.
    Thanks for showing me another way, how to draw averages. Just a tip, next time you can leave out those p:W parameters, since margin indicates that it was a win already.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I cheated, I've got average points for/against saved from a previous post. Wouldn't have thought of it either, certainly leery of backing this team on the road to score enough points to keep up and do their part, but the total's really low for the way the other team's been playing, and a couple things I look at in my handicapping routine support it for the most part, so I'll be on it despite their typical away performance.

Thanks Jmon

Mako-SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    I cheated, I've got average points for/against saved from a previous post. Wouldn't have thought of it either, certainly leery of backing this team on the road to score enough points to keep up and do their part, but the total's really low for the way the other team's been playing, and a couple things I look at in my handicapping routine support it for the most part, so I'll be on it despite their typical away performance.
    Definitely a white-knuckle bet, especially with that road team being dinged up with some injuries combined with the home team's tendency to reduce starter minutes in games like these.

Which is why the right thing to do is exactly what you mentioned leaf, combine it with your other capping processes to make the most informed decision. I put a half unit on it for fun as it's always nice to try out new systems the same day they're posted to the board as we did last night from cofaga's which won.

hyahya
    hyahya's Avatar Become A Pro!

First time poster and user of SDQL

1. Home team avg between 92 and 98 points against
    2. visiting team avg between 95 and 100 point against
    3. after game 42
    4. both teams on a back to back
    5. line between -3 and -10

hyahya

Even better if you swap in-5 for the -3.

Nice additional boost by both teams going under last night along with their tendencies this year to play to the over in road dog and home favorite scenarios.

green7
    green7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both teams off no rest

Home Favorites off no rest versus an opponent off no rest on Saturday in particular are very good over plays.

Add "day" to your query to see.

92<=tA(ooints)<=98 and HF and 95<=oA(ooints)<=100 and rest=0 and o:rest=0 and -5>=line>=-10 and day

comon kryptonite
    comon kryptonite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

so whats a play for tonight guys??

hyahya

Here's another interesting trend:

A and date>20081010 and game number>42 and 60>WP>40 and o:WP<30 and P:HFL and -12<=line<=-5

JMon

looking good in here guys luv seeing sdql in action!

JMon

Thanks Jmon
    When I was first learning...I saved everything in a folder for personal reference. Especially summatives. You will find out ....this language is rather easy peasy...
    Points Awarded:

figue gave JMon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JMon

Last edited by JMon; 03-08-14 at 07:02 PM. Reason: wrong reply

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post

For some reason, I can't edit the query. Tried numerous times to get rid of the emoticon but you can figure it out.
    maddening is it not...need to put a space in between the : and the p. Those trying to run it will have to eliminate the spaces.

JMon

Home and in all prior away games this season against this opponent, opponent's points are 10 more total than team's. Opponent has given up 100+ in last 3.
    ?
    tA(points-o: points)<=-9

is the summative for being outscored by their oppt by 9 or more (on average)

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

Quote Originally Posted by comon kryptonite View Post
    so whats a play for tonight guys??
    the play is san antonio/orlando over.

figue
    Update your status

When I was first learning...I saved everything in a folder for personal reference. Especially summatives. You will find out ....this language is rather easy peasy...
    since english its not my native languaje its hard to me ,but im trying to learn

figue
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hyahya View Post
    Here's another interesting trend:

A and date>20081010 and game number>42 and 60>WP>40 and o:WP<30 and P:HFL and -12<line<-5< html=""></line<-5<><=line<=-5
    the play here was wizards.

figue
    Update your status

Next session

1. Home team
    5. after 42+ games
    winner

Jamaro85
    Jamaro85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Just curious, is there a way to rule out playoff games from the query? Being able to do so isn't a huge deal for me right now, but if you know a good way to do it please hook it up!

Mako-SBR

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
    winner
    Yup yup, nice J!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaro85 View Post
    Just curious, is there a way to rule out playoff games from the query? Being able to do so isn't a huge deal for me right now, but if you know a good way to do it please hook it up!
    Yes, smart question. I do it often as it alters a lot of late season scenario results.

'playoffs=0' to eliminate playoff games.

PS - A lot of new people contributing great ideas in the thread the past few days. Keep it up and nice work.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Mako,

Could you explain how to add opponents defensive stats? Say for example an opponent that averages giving up less than 96 points? I can not find that in the manual and want to add that to a few of the scripts I have been running to see what I can pull. Just have not figured out the defense part?

Thanks

cofaga
    cofaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 629

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    Mako,

Could you explain how to add opponents defensive stats? Say for example an opponent that averages giving up less than 96 points? I can not find that in the manual and want to add that to a few of the scripts I have been running to see what I can pull. Just have not figured out the defense part?

Thanks
    oA(o: points)<=96 according to your example
    Points Awarded:

JayHorne3 gave cofaga 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

oA(o: points)<=96 according to your example
    Thanks a lot bud

comon kryptonite
    comon kryptonite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

your play hit for yesterday...thanks for posting...any ideas on the latter games...i cant figure out this NBA at all....im new to this sort of wagering and ill tell you guys.... you may need to add the referee's into the equation as well.... and if certain teams get an "envelope" at half time or at the beginning of the game!!! as in todays game... heat score 2 point in ot!!!! really!!!

First ... 78910111213 ... Last