tonywayne
    tonywayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Hey guys. Just found this thread; I'm going to play in the SDQL (it really appeals to the former programmer in me), but I wanted to see if someone wouldn't mind posting the queries from post #1 and post #4 (I apologize if they're elsewhere in the thread and I overlooked them). And/or what is the current record this season on either of those situations?

Anyone know if there's anything like this for college BB or FB? I've got some stuff going in a personal database, but could sure use access to some larger data to do backtesting & whatnot.

Thanks!

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by makecash4me View Post
    ....fking bitch
    Make me some cash now, go data mine and give me some good plays
    You have to be the biggest JERK I have seen on this forum in years!

makecash4me
    makecash4me's Avatar Become A Pro!

you're gonna post the plays sooner or later hurry the fk up and post the play

jmon or mako or slickguy

post it up slaves, data mine and report back

Mako-SBR
    Mako-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3262

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
    sorry my bad was today,glad i missed lol.
    Tell me about it, both plays lost today and I figured they would as both were at 90%+ on the season...but hey no fun in sitting on the sidelines heheh.

makecash4me

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
    Tell me about it, both plays lost today and I figured they would as both were at 90%+ on the season...but hey no fun in sitting on the sidelines heheh.
    ya both plays fkin lost today get me my money back

break time is over stop slacking go find something better and give the play for tomorrow

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by tonywayne View Post
    Hey guys. Just found this thread; I'm going to play in the SDQL (it really appeals to the former programmer in me), but I wanted to see if someone wouldn't mind posting the queries from post #1 and post #4 (I apologize if they're elsewhere in the thread and I overlooked them). And/or what is the current record this season on either of those situations?

Anyone know if there's anything like this for college BB or FB? I've got some stuff going in a personal database, but could sure use access to some larger data to do backtesting & whatnot.

Thanks!
    admins won't allow it to be posted, but pm'd you.
    Points Awarded:

tonywayne gave Noleafclover 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Dynobites
    Dynobites's Avatar Become A Pro!

The over is 19-0 when the Bucks are coming off a game they lost in which they scored 100 pts or more

31-1 L 32 scenarios
    48-2 L 50 scenarios

tonywayne
    tonywayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    admins won't allow it to be posted, but pm'd you.
    Thanks, clover. I appreciate that.

ch_theos
    ch_theos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Quote Originally Posted by Dynobites View Post
    The over is 19-0 when the Bucks are coming off a game they lost in which they scored 100 pts or more

31-1 L 32 scenarios
    48-2 L 50 scenarios

Love this thread guys, but this is wrong

Its stayed under 3 times in this situation just in 2014, didnt bother checking past that

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10500

Dynobites The over is 19-0 when the Bucks are coming off a game they lost in which they scored 100 pts or more

31-1 L 32 scenarios
    48-2 L 50 scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by ch_theos View Post
    Love this thread guys, but this is wrong

Its stayed under 3 times in this situation just in 2014, didnt bother checking past that
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
    This is totally inaccurate .... Over is 4-6 this season in that spot

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Dynobites The over is 19-0 when the Bucks are coming off a game they lost in which they scored 100 pts or more

31-1 L 32 scenarios
    48-2 L 50 scenarios

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
    This is totally inaccurate .... Over is 4-6 this season in that spot
    Suspicious, he seems like a shill.

Anyone have the SDQL for team coming home off 2 ATS road wins?

Something like "H and p: (atswin?) and pp: (atswin?)" (spaces added to avoid sadface emote).

Or was the situation just coming off 2 previous wins, I have that one but it's not absolutely amazing. 57% for other side.

Other question, is it possible to show more than 50 responses?
    Last edited by Noleafclover; 02-24-14 at 02:20 PM.

Mako-SBR

One I created this morning, interestingly it correctly called the last two difficult-to-cap Miami games though that wasn't the goal.

It operates off the principal that a talented team lost as a favorite to a less talented opponent earlier in the season, has played well since that time and/or gotten stronger as the season progressed, and now gets the opportunity for revenge against said team after coming off two straight road wins and having great momentum before the payback game:

(F or AD) and WP>62 and o:WP>35 and P:FL and p:AW and pp:AW and game number>=25

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Suspicious, he seems like a shill. Anyone have the SDQL for team coming home off 2 ATS road wins? Other question, is it possible to show more than 50 responses?
    Yeah we've warned him previously about small team trends with low samples being dangerous as we've seen countless people fall into that trap with the SDQL over time but if he wants to pursue that route it's up to him.

The command to show previous ats wins/losses is 'p:ats margin>0' or 'p:ats margin<0' depending upon what you're trying to display.

To show more results than 50 on the page, add this to the actual URL of the browser once the query is finished loading: '+&show_games=1000'

That shows up to 1000 entries on that page for any query, and you can set the '1000' to whatever number you like.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Thanks, Mako, for posting how to show 1000 games.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Fig, I worked on one. "What we're looking for are home underdogs of +110 or greater that have a better record than their opponent."

This has actually tanked, but did find out that it's a very good doggie in Sept and Oct, which happens to be my fav months to play dogs in the MLB. I did go back and start with +105 as we were missing some good numbers. Too my amazement... NEVER a losing season since the start of the database. . I did filter it with "and season" so one can see winning seasons all the way down. I will work on the others with i find some more time.

Enjoy fellas.

H and line>=105 and WP>o:WP and (month=9 or month=10) and season

husky
    husky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks JMon! Can I ask if you apply filters to your systems, or do you just roll with them?

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Fig, I worked on one. "What we're looking for are home underdogs of +110 or greater that have a better record than their opponent."

This has actually tanked, but did find out that it's a very good doggie in Sept and Oct, which happens to be my fav months to play dogs in the MLB. I did go back and start with +105 as we were missing some good numbers. Too my amazement... NEVER a losing season since the start of the database. . I did filter it with "and season" so one can see winning seasons all the way down. I will work on the others with i find some more time.

Enjoy fellas.

how about this jmon :

Baseball Divisional Underdog Method
    No other sport will see a team go through as many peaks and valleys as baseball. Not only is this due to the sheer number of games each team plays, but also due to the number of games played on consecutive days. While the NBA may make an issue out of teams playing three games in four days, it isn't unusual to see baseball teams playing 10 or more days in a row.
    For that reason, the sports is also more prone to streaks, both winning and losing that the others, even though at the end of the season the worst baseball teams will have a higher winning percentage than the worse NBA team, while the best baseball team will have a lower winning percentage than the best NBA squad.
    Some baseball bettors have a rule not to bet on a team that didn't win its previous game. That might be a little too much, but at least there is some rationale for that train of thought, especially when betting underdogs.
    In fact, taking divisional underdogs off a straight up win, either over today's opponent or the previous team it played, has been one of the most successful systems over the past seven seasons, showing a profit in six of the seven years. The lone exception was 2009, a year in which underdog bettors shudder just thinking about, as favorites won an extraordinary number of games that season.

Noleafclover

A lot like the other revenge one.

The command to show previous ats wins/losses is 'p:ats margin>0' or 'p:ats margin<0' depending upon what you're trying to display.

To show more results than 50 on the page, add this to the actual URL of the browser once the query is finished loading: '+&show_games=1000'

That shows up to 1000 entries on that page for any query, and you can set the '1000' to whatever number you like.
    Thanks!

Yeah we've warned him previously about small team trends with low samples being dangerous as we've seen countless people fall into that trap with the SDQL over time but if he wants to pursue that route it's up to him.
    To be clear, I'm calling him a possible shill (read: employed by someone with a vested interest in posters losing money, like sbr or the books, and disguising that fact), because he gave wrong information (corrected by 2 others).

Dynobites
    Dynobites's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry about earlier guys, I posted that last night no idea how I came across it. Sorry for the bad info. At least we have guys here correcting it

makecash4me

Enjoy fellas.

One I created this morning, interestingly it correctly called the last two difficult-to-cap Miami games though that wasn't the goal.

It operates off the principal that a talented team lost as a favorite to a less talented opponent earlier in the season, has played well since that time and/or gotten stronger as the season progressed, and now gets the opportunity for revenge against said team after coming off two straight road wins and having great momentum before the payback game:

good work slaves now go find some more

JMon

how about this jmon :

Baseball Divisional Underdog Method
    D and DIV and (p:W or P:W) and season

The above cranked out astronomical numbers through 2004-2008, as explained above tanked in 2009, bounced back in 2010, tanked in 2011, small profit 2012 and absolutely got hammered last year. Something that will not be saved in my database.

JMon

some others ::

Baseball's Beaten Favorites With a season that is 162 games long, it's only natural that there will be days Major League Baseball teams don't give their best efforts. Playing day-after-day can take its toll on the players both mentally and physically, and as baseball bettors, one of the things we try to predict is when those games will be, as well as those games when a team is likely to go all-out for a victory. One scenario where a team has given that little bit of extra effort in the past is when they have lost the previous game as a favorite of -200 or more and are playing the same opponent again today, as long as it is playing a team outside its division. As we mentioned in the article divisional underdogs have historically been decent wagers in the past, as teams are more likely to give their best efforts against a team in the same division. A team that defeats a divisional favorite on one day is just as likely to be up for the next game, since they are still playing in its division, while a team that wins as a large non-divisional underdog is more prone to a bit of a letdown the next day.
    A six-year study of losing favorites of -200 or more show they have responded with a 514-295 record for a gain of 93.87 units in the next game, provided they are playing a non-divisional team. Bettors can tell from the gain of units, compared to the record, they will be again be laying some decent odds, but the risk has been worth it, as teams in this situation have won 63.5-percent of their games the next time out. Even though the little guy may defeat the big favorite on occasion, you can bet the big guy will pick himself up and be out for revenge the following day
    Not bad if like laying high juice, which I don't mind if the spot is right. Nonetheless if you don't like laying high juice in bases, at least this situation would filter out any dogs you may like for the day. Only one losing year, 73% winners (only thing I added was a line parameter)

p:line<=-200 and p:L and SG>1 and division!=o:division and HF and -120>=line>=-300 and 2005<=season

Mako-SBR

Nice JMon, and good thinking about using it as a screener to weed out dogs that otherwise might be played...smart.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30137

Home
    Total>205
    Previous home loss
    Previous outscored by 15 or more in 2H

H and total>205 and p:HL and po:P3-p:P3 + po:P4-p:P4>14 and season>=2008

Have this saved without the total filter, but posted line and total align nicely with.
    Good luck.

JMon

oS(ats margin>0, N=15)>=12

check this out in NCAAB... 1 parameter produces 61% winners! Contrarian!!

(playing on a team that is playing a team that has covered 12 or more out their last 15)

I turned this into 78% winners by adding a couple of parameter...Let me know what you guys come up with!

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Home
    Total>205
    Previous home loss

Have this saved without the total filter, but posted line and total align nicely with.
    Good luck.
    Nice slicker...I was already on Port...with two other situations favoring Port. Added another unit.

Mako-SBR

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Home
    Total>205
    Previous home loss

Good luck.
    Nice, like it already.

(playing on a team that is playing a team that has covered 12 or more out their last 15)

I turned this into 78% winners by adding a couple of parameter...Let me know what you guys come up with!
    Solid! Few minutes playing with it and am attracted to this subset so far:

D and oS(ats margin>0, N=15)>=12 and rest<=3

Lets you stay on what are usually pretty sizeable dogs, while still boosting the average ATSm and Z-Value of the system versus the base query.

Nice slicker...I was already on Port...with two other situations favoring Port. Added another unit.
    Ha, same, just added another unit on Portland after reading b1's post and seeing that they matched another system we've been running.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Close to 74%. (knew to start with doggies if you saved it....lol)

D and oS(ats margin>0, N=15)>=12 and month<3

Last edited by b1slickguy; 02-25-14 at 07:26 PM.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Home dog
    Total>205
    Previous away dog win
    Previous line>=4
    One day of rest or more

HD and total>205 and p:ADW and p:line>=4 and rest>0 and season >= 2005

Good luck.

JMon

slicker you crazy good

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

slicker you crazy good

JMon

nice work fukkers. give me some

Mako-SBR

nice work fukkers. give me some
    They suuuuuuuure tried hard to give it away at the end, gotta love Portland...

We won on Chicago too, very nice, very nice.

JMon

MON($) TUE($) WED($) THU($) FRI($) SAT($) SUN($) Week($)
    Casino 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
    Sportsbook 500.00 300.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 800.00
    Horse 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
    Other 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
    Total 800.00

JMon

cash ^

Mako-SBR