burmaldo
    burmaldo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3642

They also got pretty fortunate with Lin's error to even still be in it at the end

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    After they went up 102-97, Portland has done everything possible to lose this game.
    5 point cushion again. Hopefully they can close out this time.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

This game smells like fish.

Time is Money

Only in the NBA

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

........what is this shit. Both of teams and their coaches....man oh man

Time is Money

I didn't see a foul on that 3. Shouldn't have even been inbounded from that spot on the floor...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Hardens three looked like more of a foul than that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Portland has literally done everything in its power -- both in regulation and OT -- not to cover the closing line.

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Glad I bet Blazers ml

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If that wasn't the icing on the cake, I don't know what is.

Didn't even score to win by 5. Most laughable thing I've ever seen.

Where amazing happens....

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Closing line was Blazers - 3 in my book lol

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

So...

Houston game 5...?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

If that wasn't the icing on the cake, I don't know what is.

Didn't even score to win by 5. Most laughable thing I've ever seen.

Where amazing happens....
    Yeah, it was all scripted.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Yeah, it was all scripted.
    Never said it was scripted.

Awfully damn convenient that he pulled up and didn't finish the easy deuce, though -- especially combined with the fact that Portland just died the two times they got up by 5 (both in regulation and OT).

Cuse0323

No saving you if you think the spread runs through these players minds during the most important game of their life.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

No saving you if you think the spread runs through these players minds during the most important game of their life.
    These guys care a hell of a lot less about the outcome than you think they do. Do you honestly believe deep down, Dwight Howard gives a shit either way? Their money isn't incentive based; it's all guaranteed.

It's a game to them. It's sports. It's entertainment. They weren't fighting in a war or performing surgery to save someone's life -- and when they're making $10-20 million a year per regardless, it becomes even less important.

Cuse0323

These guys care a hell of a lot less about the outcome than you think they do. Do you honestly believe deep down, Dwight Howard gives a shit either way? Their money isn't incentive based; it's all guaranteed.

It's a game to them. It's sports. It's entertainment. They weren't fighting in a war or performing surgery to save someone's life -- and when they're making $10-20 million a year per regardless, it becomes even less important.
    They're ready to fight after the game and you think they don't care. You say it all in your post, the money is guaranteed so why would they care about the spread in the game if they don't need money? Only thing left to care about is championships. This is why you get into sports, to win. You don't grow up playing sports for money, you play to win. It really isn't for entertainment to most players...the best wouldn't have all those rings or be devastated without one, if it was all for entertainment.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

They're ready to fight after the game and you think they don't care. You say it all in your post, the money is guaranteed so why would they care about the spread in the game if they don't need money? Only thing left to care about is championships. This is why you get into sports, to win. You don't grow up playing sports for money, you play to win.
    That's a very simplistic, fan-driven way of looking at a business and a form of entertainment -- as well as an archaic one. If you tried to convince me of this back in the days of Magic, Bird and MJ, when athletes weren't making tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money, I'd buy it. The passion was still there, both as a financial incentive and because the $$$ hadn't poisoned the well and softened the players.

There's a reason a disconnect exists between fans and players in modern day professional sports. Fans want these guys to treat it like life and death, because a lot of them die hard with their teams. If you were making $15 million per regardless of the outcome, the idea of "playing to win" takes on a whole new meaning. Of course they want to win, but if they don't -- trust me, Dwight Howard isn't sulking over this loss.

Cuse0323

I can agree that some players don't care all that much when they lose, obviously...but not that they will decide the outcome of a game based on the spread. That's all. You made it seem like Aldridge not scoring at the end was some deep conspiracy to make sure that Portland didn't cover. Portland is refreshing because they do have passion, never give up and always fight back.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I can agree that some players don't care all that much when they lose, obviously...but not that they will decide the outcome of a game based on the spread. That's all. You made it seem like Aldridge not scoring at the end was some deep conspiracy to make sure that Portland didn't cover. Portland is refreshing because they do have passion, never give up and always fight back.
    Just very convenient -- kind of like Portland folding like a cheap tent as soon as they led by 5 in regulation and 7 in OT.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

SA -180 (3.6U to win 2)
    CHA +8 (2.06U to win 2)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

108-93, +31.27U thread

shevabets
    GEROSKIPOU B'TCH
    shevabets's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've never been a fan of your '10 years ago NBA was more competitive' outlook. Yes, the snow was whiter and the grass was greener. You also were 10 years younger... that's possibly why you look at things you love slightly differently.

But man, you've gotta admit. This is one of the most amazing first round playoffs this league has ever seen. I'm not sure if being skeptical makes you feel any better, I just hope for your own good that you are enjoying these games even half as much as those naive, 'simplistic' fans do all around the world. As much as I do.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Spurs can suck my dick.

They do this every time I bet them. Every time.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by shevabets View Post
    I've never been a fan of your '10 years ago NBA was more competitive' outlook. Yes, the snow was whiter and the grass was greener. You also were 10 years younger... that's possibly why you look at things you love slightly differently.

But man, you've gotta admit. This is one of the most amazing first round playoffs this league has ever seen. I'm not sure if being skeptical makes you feel any better, I just hope for your own good that you are enjoying these games even half as much as those naive, 'simplistic' fans do all around the world. As much as I do.
    Games are entertaining without a doubt, and the athleticism is as good as it's ever been in the NBA. Without question.

Doesn't mean it's quality basketball we're watching, though.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's no different than any other industry. No matter how passionate you are to start, it's the rare few that can maintain that passion over the years of losing seasons, heartbreaking playoff losses, injuries, etc. Even when you win it all, it's tough to build yourself up and try to do it again. It becomes a paycheque for most at some point.

That's what makes the Tim Duncan / Dirk Nowitzki types so exceptional. There's just no quit in them.

BigDofBA

Athletes are better in sports today but like you said, the quality isn't there like it was in the 80s and 90s.

Remember that one year team USA was getting beat in the Olympics?

We had by far the best athletes but that didn't translate into a better bball team.

Players are bigger, stronger, and faster but they also have less heart and intelligence IMO.

BigDofBA

Ginobli never misses free throws....unless it's crunch time

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Athletes are better in sports today but like you said, the quality isn't there like it was in the 80s and 90s.

Remember that one year team USA was getting beat in the Olympics?

We had by far the best athletes but that didn't translate into a better bball team.

Players are bigger, stronger, and faster but they also have less heart and intelligence IMO.
    It's also the dilution of more players playing shorter careers. The smaller paycheques of the past meant you needed to stay on the floor, whereas a promising young player entering the league now can play a few years, take a big contract, and then cruise through it and be set for life. ie: Dwight.

TenCount
    TenCount's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1862

I have to agree with u. I feel bad for people who do not appreciate the top level basketball that is being played in today's game. It's laughable and outright crazy to think that the vegas lines are going through any of these players heads at the end of games. To be honest, if someone truly believes NBA superstars are fixing PLAYOFF games in front of the entire world then there is no helping them. If that's the case, then George Bush knocked down the twin towers also... lmfao I get so sick of conspiracy theorists. And the more you argue with them and point out facts, the crazier they get. It's much easier to just agree with the crazies and move on... trust me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    It's also the dilution of more players playing shorter careers. The smaller paycheques of the past meant you needed to stay on the floor, whereas a promising young player entering the league now can play a few years, take a big contract, and then cruise through it and be set for life. ie: Dwight.
    Exactly.

For the record, I don't blame the players for that. Just a natural instinct. I don't know what the NBA can do about it at this point, though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Lean Indy, Memphis and Golden State tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

POR 2H -165 (3.3U to win 2)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

POR +3 live (3.3U to win 3)
    POR +160 live (1U to win 1.6)

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

McHale HAS TO BE BRAINDEAD. Line continues to kill his own team and still plays.

First ... 26272829303132 ... Last