ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Among the bottom 3 in the league.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Among the bottom 3 in the league.
    Totally agree. I cannot figure out why they hired that fool over Brian Shaw.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Horrific coach of offense, above avg defensively.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

I've never liked anything he did, not sure why he has a job

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

la has two of the worst head coaches in sports..... brown and mattingly.

princeton offense with nash & kobe

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

horrible. he'll be gone when the Lakers are 12-24.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Mike is an excellent defensive coach but no way does he have the charisma and people skills required to manage the ego's on the lakers roster. Sometimes at practice Kobe just completely takes over & Mike doesnt have the balls to do anything about it.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

We have Mike Brown and Norv Turner in S. Cali. penetrate my life.

jtennantjr
    jtennantjr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike brown is a bad coach for a good team and a good coach for a bad team if that makes any sense

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Is Nash capable of running this triangle offense? Or are they even running it anymore? Nash and Kobe... damn... hate to say it... bring out the wheelchairs.

Lakers Dynasty
    Lakers Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

How can they run this half court slow down crap with Nash. I know it's early but they have not won or covered (0-8) this year.

mosswoods21
    mosswoods21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1420

it is a travesty that mike brown has won a coach of the year award. he absolutely has no clue on how to coach offense. hes won his games having his best player (lebron or kobe) do more coaching and directing on offense then he does. he is an above average defensive coach. I predict there will be a mutiny against mike brown this year and he will not be the head coach after this year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

terrible. He's a joke and should not even be in the NBA, nevermind coach a team with a top 5 player.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4868

Great guy bad coach the Romeo Crennel of the NBA!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11309

I'll have to defend him...

Now I agree he is a horrible in-game coach. He doesn't know how to make adjustments and create matchup problems effectively. His offense is slow and predictable.

But he's a good defensive guy that will teach his guys how to think for themselves and perform at a high level. He's a Popovich disciple that is heavy on fundamentals. Once his guys can learn the system and act without thinking they will be fine. LA still doesn't have the right pieces in place. I didn't like the Howard acquisition and I'm not sure it's going to work but eventually, they will be a tough out in the West because of Brown.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    la has two of the worst head coaches in sports..... brown and mattingly.

princeton offense with nash & kobe
    don and mike are turds..

MikeTheKnight
    MikeTheKnight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Soooo does this mean a no for today's play? - 2 / against Blazers?

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

he was a horrible director of FEMA

oops wrong guy

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

I'm not going to blame the coach for Nash letting Collison score at will, Howard missing free throws, Artest jacking up bad shot after bad shot, Nash having less assists than Pau, that's the players not doing their jobs. Maybe the coach didn't do a good enough job of preparing them for the game but he wasn't responsible for their terrible play on the court. Kobe had a very efficient game, incidentally. Artest is the biggest problem on that team from what I watched last night, Howard's free throw shooting is next. Coaching isn't in the top 5 of the problems to me.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8634

Was a decent coach until he took the most favorable yet least skillfull coaching job in the league...coaching Lebron

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Will make for good TV to see the Lakers keep losing.....ESPN will be all over it all the talk shows this team just looks bad.
    Points Awarded:

thetrinity gave CanuckG 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9156

Mike Brown is only a well known coach because of Lebron. If Lebron was not on the Cavs, Mike brown would of been there a year or 2 then been fired and now be an assistant somewhere or out of the league. Anyone could of filled the coaching position and looked half way decent. If I was the coach of the Cavs during the Lebron years its very likely I could be coaching the Lakers right now

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Will make for good TV to see the Lakers keep losing.....ESPN will be all over it all the talk shows this team just looks bad.
    this will be the new "heat" on first take

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

This needs to be looked in the context of replacing Phil Jackson. Even if the Lakers got rid of Brown, their options would be few. Talk Jackson out of retirement or talk Coach K out of college basketball. The Lakers might just be better off with some affable guy like Brown who has no pretensions of being an elite super-coach. If somebody else comes in who doesn't have super-coach credentials, and they start trying to boss Kobe around, that probably won't work out any better than Brown.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
    This needs to be looked in the context of replacing Phil Jackson. Even if the Lakers got rid of Brown, their options would be few. Talk Jackson out of retirement or talk Coach K out of college basketball. The Lakers might just be better off with some affable guy like Brown who has no pretensions of being an elite super-coach. If somebody else comes in who doesn't have super-coach credentials, and they start trying to boss Kobe around, that probably won't work out any better than Brown.
    You raise a good point, you either need to bring in someone that everyone respects and will listen to, or a guy that will accept being walked on by Kobe (like Mike Brown). A guy like Scott Skiles who pushes hard, even at the wrong times, would be disastrous.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Following the Lakers, living in the area, I like Mike Brown as the coach and think he's somewhat underrated. I think post #16 explains it very well. To add to that post, people forget how good the Cavs defense was when he coached there. That's one of the main reasons the Lakers brought him on. He had nobody there and they still had a lockdown D. His offensive coaching skills lack but Nash should help there over time. The offense, from the local I interviews I've heard, seem to be a fusion of the triangle Tex Winter used. This is a complicated offense so it will take some time to become efficient. I see the Lakers being a defensive staple with Howard and Gasol down low very soon. Just give this team some time guys, they'll be fine.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Watched the game close. Brown has no clue on offense, never has. Nash did not have the ball in his hands enuff. Once they allow Nash to be Nash, his assist totals will be unreal. Kobe will have to make that decision to let Nash distribute. Once that is done (if it doesnt happen they don't get past OKC) they have to stop letting that moron Meta fool shooting from distance. he should be inside rebounding and scoring junk baskets. If he doesnt accept that role he needs to be traded. Gasol will ultimately be camped out at the freethrow circle as a distibutor. with proper spacing, he will kill u with free throw line jumpers or be able to dump inside to howard for dunks. By the way, how many dunks did howard miss last night? unreal

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6543

The dude never played ball simple as that

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
    I'm not going to blame the coach for Nash letting Collison score at will, Howard missing free throws, Artest jacking up bad shot after bad shot, Nash having less assists than Pau, that's the players not doing their jobs. Maybe the coach didn't do a good enough job of preparing them for the game but he wasn't responsible for their terrible play on the court. Kobe had a very efficient game, incidentally. Artest is the biggest problem on that team from what I watched last night, Howard's free throw shooting is next. Coaching isn't in the top 5 of the problems to me.
    uhhh no. its the players not being in the right system. as chuck said last night...you don't just have the most dynamic big man in the league in dwight howard and the best pure passing PG in the league in steve nash and slowly walk the ball up the court and drag out a slow half court offense. you push the pace and get out and run. with Nash's passing ability and Dwight streaking down the floor they could get any easy 10-15 points per game on the REGULAR from fast break points, on easy dunks/lobs.

zoo youk

how many times did you see kobe bringing the ball up the court last night with nash walking next to him like "hey um, thats my role pal wtf is going on" than they get to the half court and nash still doesn't have the ball and hes streaking the base line, trying to get open. its a complete mess the shit they are running.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Kobe will be LA's coach eventually once his body is done.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    uhhh no. its the players not being in the right system. as chuck said last night...you don't just have the most dynamic big man in the league in dwight howard and the best pure passing PG in the league in steve nash and slowly walk the ball up the court and drag out a slow half court offense. you push the pace and get out and run. with Nash's passing ability and Dwight streaking down the floor they could get any easy 10-15 points per game on the REGULAR from fast break points, on easy dunks/lobs.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    Let's hear it...
    It was obvious Mike Brown got out coached yesterday. Rick Carlile (probably spelled that wrong). Went into that game with one big (by the name of Eddy Curry) and came away with a dominating win. Princeton Offense = Nonsense in the NBA. I know people are saying its still early, but with Mike Brown, I dont see this team going very far (they will probably make the playoffs), but I dont see them competing with OKC for the West Crown.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

i swear mike brown always looks like he doesn't know what he is doing. i want to punch him in the face

12 Last