JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by burkestar View Post
    So i take it you dont rate ty lawson? no kyrie irving either? rajon rondo?...to lesser extent wall, hill, allen, rubio, lillard ....but yes bledsoe is looking great JM
    Irving is my favourite player to watch, not to have on my team. And is start has not been stellar this year.

Rondo is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. The normal Rondo, the one who got those assists records, is a below average nba point guard right now. The good Rondo, who plays the game like it should be played, is a one-man fastbreak and attacks the basket? That's an amazing point guard, but I've not seen that one on the court for at least a year and a half.

Hill I won't comment. Rubio is a guy whom I've been following is carreer since he was 15. He's no way better than Bledsoe because he can't have the same impact on a game, but probably has both the best passing skills and the best basketball IQ in the league. Or is at least top 5 in both those categories. Great fit in Minny right now. Wall, no jumper, right now he's only excelling in open court/fast brake situations. Btw, some people don't know this because of the hype, but if I remember correctly some folks have said since the KU days they rather have Bledsoe than Wall on their teams. Lillard he's the best offensive player of that list next to Kyrie, probably, but he's not a good defender.

This to conclude that of all those, right now, Ty Lawson has really impressed me so far this season and it was a mistake not to mention him. He's been a beast offensively and apart from size-related troubles he usually looks really good on defense.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic everyone. In the meantime: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/pg

Look at your boy there Sando, playing great this year, early candidate for 6th man of the year no doubt!

ps: I suppose Allen was a typo?

DaddyWarBuck$
    DaddyWarBuck$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

NY Team Total Under 90 1/2 (5dimes)
    Last edited by DaddyWarBuck$; 11-20-13 at 08:26 AM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    Because you think that Deron Williams, for one, is better than him Goat. There's no other point guard right now having the same effect on the team offensively and defensevly at the same time that he has. I have 4 guys I would without a doubt take over him right now, Westy (my favorite player since he got on the league), Cp3, Parker and Curry. Can you give me a 5th? And i'm not even saying he's top 5 right now, I still expect Rose to explode sometime during the season, just to mention the most obvious one.

@SonSquad: yeah I have not made the play yet, but I will wait. I liked the Kings here anyway although I wasn't going to take them because everytime I don't have a personal play on the game I tail Sando, even if I like the other side, what I like even better is money, and this is where you get it! (with Sando's picks, I mean!)
    NBA is not about living in the moment in terms of these questions. It's about the big picture - who you would rather have in a game that matters.

Paul
    Parker
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Williams
    Rondo
    Wall
    Irving
    Curry
    Teague
    Chalmers
    Jameer Nelson
    Lillard
    Jrue Holliday
    Ty Lawson

GUys that are on the same level or better: Jennings, Brandon Night, Rubio

Bro is this a serious question? Bledsoe is a no one right now. He plays on a suns team that has no one and his stats are gonna be inflated. He probably won't make an all nba team for years. He is no where near the level of John Wall. Wall is a one man show, a true pg - amazing passer. Bledsoe isn't even top 15 PGs.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 11-20-13 at 08:38 AM.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

NBA Wednesday - (make or break day...)

Started working on this card early as its such a big day tomorrow. Coming off another poor day but feeling very confident about tomorrow's card and will be putting a lot of units in play. Best looking card I have seen yet this season, big day for me. Just sides for now. Considering adding a 1st Half play and a couple of total's later...

Indiana @ Chicago
    3* Pacers -6 (-108/$1.92 Sportsbet)

*Pacers are in a great spot here, coming off 3 days rest and plenty of time to watch film and think about that very poor effort in Chicago, whereas the Knicks are travelling home from a disappointing loss against the Pistons to play the back to back against the Pacers. Stephenson is probable for the Pacers, yet Artest and Felton are still uncertain for the Knicks. This is the sort of game where Chandler's loss will be felt the most, as the Knicks literally have no one to match up on a red hot Hibbert and will likely get smashed on the boards as well. The Pacers won't even try and match the Knicks small ball style, they will most likely just stick to their own game plan and play big and try to force the Knicks to make the adjustments. Just don't see how the Knicks can hurt the Pacers at the moment.

Houston @ Dallas
    1.5* Rockets ML (+139/$2.39 Sportsbet)
    1.5*Rockets +3.5 (-108/$1.92 Sportsbet)

*Houston coming off an easy win where all of the starters played around 25-30 minutes and don't exactly have to travel far for the division battle with the Mav's. Rockets with advantages at every position bar PF and they also have a deeper/stronger bench. The Mavs are playing at the same tempo and a similar gameplan to the Rockets, its just that the Rockets have more options and more talent available and a higher ceiling than the Mavs. Rockets as a dog (because Mav's are unbeaten at home) represent great value here.

Memphis & Golden State
    2.5* Grizzlies +8.5 (-109/$1.91 Centrebet)

*The Griz match up well against the Warriors and have won the last 10 games in a row between the two sides, including a convincing home win last week over the Warriors. The Griz have looked like a vastly different team theough their Pacific swing than the one that started the season so poorly, and with the Warriors without Curry tomorrow night I like the Grizzlies chances to keep this game close and finish out a fantastic road trip strongly. I do the think the Warriors will win but 8.5 points is just far too many to be laying in this spot.

Sacramento @ Phoenix
    1.5* Suns -5.5 (-108/$1.92 Sportsbet)
    1* Suns HT/FT (-119/$1.84 Sportsbet)

The Suns should have won last night in Sacramento, they let the game slip away in the final 2 minutes although credit does need to be paid to the Kings for the hustle and energy they showed (feeding of their frenzied home crowd). Different story tonight in Phoenix and with Bledsoe back in the line-up. I'm thinking Phoenix again establishes an early lead and this time extends and hangs on to it possibly winning comfortably in the end.

Portland @ Milwaukee
    1* Blazers -4 (-109/$1.91 Centrebet)

*The Bucks have lost 5 in a row. When you are seriously limited in the talent department, it doesn't help to have the biggest injury list in the NBA. Also the 6 guys that are either injured or in doubt for the Bucks are literally their 6 best players (behind Mayo) in Sanders, Illyasova, Butler, Knight, Neal and Delfino. The Blazers are the hottest team in the NBA. They just keep winning and have won their last 3 road games all by double digit margins.

Brooklyn @ Charlotte
    1* Bobcats +4.5 (-109/$1.91 Centrebet)

*While I stand by my pre-season prediction that the Nets are going to be a very good team, they are far from that at the moment, in fact they are terrible. They have so much talent available and the deepest of benches that it shouldn't matter this much that some of their stars are out, but it does. I have a rough idea who will be playing tomorrow but don't really even care, Lopez is the only guy I am seriously interested in (as far as a game changer) however there is a chance big Al will suit up and that would definitely help to have a big body to match up on Lopez, however regardless I'll take the +4.5 now and consider adding another unit later depending on where the line settles closer to game time. Will also probably hit the ML for half a unit, especially if Lopez doesn't play.

Toronto @ Philly
    1* Raptors -3.5 (-109/$1.91 Centrebet)

sando

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Toronto @ Philly
    1* Raptors -3.5 (-109/$1.91 Centrebet)
    Made a mistake with this play. The line is actually meant to be Raptors -3 (not 3.5) for -109/$1.91 at Centrebet.

Hanamichi23
    Hanamichi23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4326

Pina just opened memphis at +3.5

What's going on?

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

When did you put these in? Some of these lines have changed big time. All of them look solid though.

syke123
    syke123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

wow, i use centrebet myself and none of the lines match up, sando must've got in real early

Cornelius
    Cornelius's Avatar Become A Pro!

That grizzlies line... Wow

selte
    selte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1433

Is Grizzlies +4.5 worth any units?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

I'm gonna assume that book was unaware of currys injury status. Only explaination I can think of.

miss_sbets
    miss_sbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5594

Indiana @ Chicago
    3* Pacers -6 (-108/$1.92 Sportsbet)

The big play is of course on Indiana vs New York.

DaddyWarBuck$
    DaddyWarBuck$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

SBR shows the Griz line originates at +3.5 Sando. Cannot find 8.5 anywhere

JM92

That was either a huge mistake by the bookie or a typo. Im sure sando will clarify it when he sees it.

thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

"

bill2102
    bill2102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

No S.Curry for the game

JM92

"

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Wow how dumb can some bookies actually be!
    To post a line before knowing Curry's status is just irresponsible. That book won't be in business long.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Man even with Curry that line was inflated. 8.5? 7 at best IMO. Memphis not getting enough respect, Clippers got killed in the paint at home just a couple days ago. Memphis ML had a lot of value at that book at open, probably was around +240.

sando

Name:  sportingbet5.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  11.8 KB

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Why didn't you hit it harder? Only Wat grizz lose that spread is if they lose the game themselves

JM92

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingLuckCharm View Post
    Why didn't you hit it harder? Only Wat grizz lose that spread is if they lose the game themselves
    In all fairness if I saw such a line I would be both willing to hammer it, but also scared as hell. What I would maybe do was bet that line with 2 or 3 units and then just get 1 unit on GSW - 4 and hope fora a 5-7 point win for them.

WalkingLuckCharm

In all fairness if I saw such a line I would be both willing to hammer it, but also scared as hell. What I would maybe do was bet that line with 2 or 3 units and then just get 1 unit on GSW - 4 and hope fora a 5-7 point win for them.
    Just don't see gsw winning. Even if iggy and d lee put up 20 apiece

Grunch
    Grunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2718

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingLuckCharm View Post
    Just don't see gsw winning. Even if iggy and d lee put up 20 apiece
    So how many units will you bet on memphis ML @ +170?

WalkingLuckCharm

i'm only on the spread. but i still don't see them winning.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

I know you're trying to turn things around Sando but posting lines that nobody else can get is bullsh#t. Poor form mate. This is what Sweetjones used to do to pad his record.

Having said that I hope they all cash, you're due for a winning streak after a couple of rough days.

sando

Adding...

Utah @ New Orleans
    2* Under 195 (-110/$1.90 Pinnacle)

LA Clippers @ Minnesota
    1* 1st Quarter Over 53.5 (-112/$1.89 Sportsbet)

Miami @ Orlando
    1* Orlando 1st Half +4 (-110/$1.90 Pinnacle)
    0.5* Orlando 1st Half ML (+190/$2.90 Pinnacle)

No more plays...

sando

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    I know you're trying to turn things around Sando but posting lines that nobody else can get is bullsh#t. Poor form mate. This is what Sweetjones used to do to pad his record.

Having said that I hope they all cash, you're due for a winning streak after a couple of rough days.
    So I should have not made the plays then and waited until everyone was awake, so we could all get the same lines?

I post in this thread the plays that I am making on a daily basis. Did you see the screenshot I posted above? The lines were all available at the time I posted, as they always fukcing have been with every single play I have ever posted here.

Am I trying to sweeten up my record so that I can go tout? No. I'm simply posting the plays that I am making on a daily basis. So excuse me for jumping on some very attractive lines as they were released that anybody else could have gotten as well as they were available when I posted them.
    Points Awarded:

Mjkb333 gave sando 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DarkEraNYSports gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

I hear u, but the dude dont make the lines he just bets them and wouldnt we all prefer it if we are analysing and attacking the lines early when there is potential great value as sando showed today

Hanamichi23
    Hanamichi23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4326

Ok guys lets calm down a bit. We all know sando is not doing it to pad his record, he is as honest as they come. I think MrXYZ was out of line with his post.

Having said that, the +8.5 line was a clear mistake made by one or more books (google search tells me curry was announced out way before sando placed his bet/posted it here). So what I would do if I were Sando is count this bet for my personal p&l record (obv), but not for the "this is how good I am at handicapping NBA" record.

But I'm not sando, and this is his thread, and he can do as he wishes.

bmoney76
    bmoney76's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can you guys even doubt Sando's integrity for a second? He can do as he wishes, how he wishes (with his records or his posts). He is always transparent. No one here is paying him for his posts so why does anyone feel entitled for him to do things a certain way? He's made all of us good money. And if he hasn't, you should direct your poor judgment towards money management. If you don't like it, go to another thread. Or make your own.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I saw the +8.5 on centrebet last night, so shut your trap sheep.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Lol noobs. I've been around SBR for a while, wasn't trolling with my comment.

Fair enough, getting Grizz +8.5 is unbelievable value & well done for smashing a soft line. At the end of the day it's money in the bank. But if it was at one book for 10 minutes when everyone was asleep, it shouldn't be on your record is all I'm saying.

thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

Mate, poor form is clearly from you.

s2230011
    s2230011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3071

Yes Sando, please wait for the worst lines and post so you can accommodate for everyone.

Everyone chill, it's not a record competition, just post your plays and track them. If the line moves who cares, upto u to take it or not.

Yesterday no one asked Sando to remove the Suns play from his record when players injuries went against him.

Fellas keep it simple it's not a competition against one another, be grateful that you get someone's perspective everyday, then you make a call.

First ... 272273274275276277278 ... Last