Grunch
    Grunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2718

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    Really hard to see it other way here really. I don't like to do this "bragging" stuff but this is one of the easiest plays we will get all year in my opinion, honestly. Only reason I didn't triple dime the shit out of this was because its so early in te season. Still glad I tailed you sando on the 1st half 'cause I can never do half plays for myself.
    It always seems easy after results are in. When things don't go your way the play seems less obvious. I'm also glad I tailed sando cause I can't do any plays.

thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

Well done, Sando...getting that mojo back

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sorry but I don't see things that way. For me if a play is not "easy", before the game, I'm not even making it. There's no point in betting because you think that has a chance to hit. You bet because you think it will hit, period. At least this is the only way it works for me.

Still, when I meant easy, I was talking about the spot where both teams were, with the Sixers clearly starting to get overvalued, having to face a bad matchup, and with the Warriors having their eyes really open for them. If the Warriors went back to Philly a month from now, you can bet the line would be at least 8/8.5.

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sorry but I don't see things that way. For me if a play is not "easy", before the game, I'm not even making it. There's no point in betting because you think that has a chance to hit. You bet because you think it will hit, period. At least this is the only way it works for me.

Still, when I meant easy, I was talking about the spot where both teams were, with the Sixers clearly starting to get overvalued, having to face a bad matchup, and with the Warriors having their eyes really open for them. If the Warriors went back to Philly a month from now, you can bet the line would be at least 8/8.5.
    I reckon it would be more then that

DaddyWarBuck$
    DaddyWarBuck$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    NBA Monday

GS @ Philly
    2* Warriors 1st Half -3.5 (-105/$1.95 Pinnacle)
    1* Warriors -6.5 (-102/$1.98 Sportsbet/IAS)

(I think I might possibly be the only person on SBR today who doesn't like Philly ATS)

Another play to follow in a bit...
    Nice hit! Any other plays on tonighte roster my dude?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Yeah I haven't really eased myself into the season like I was planning to, however... ten of them have been 2nd half plays, couple of props as well, couple of situational plays. Anyway you know I'm a high volume bettor and if you (or anyone) had put in the amount of pre season work that I had then you would have been feeling pretty confident as well.
    Yeah you're one of the best if not the best during the reg season

Grunch
    Grunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2718

So you're saying you would have made the comment about how "easy" the play was even if it had lost. Or since you only make easy plays they never lose.

To say that it was the easiest play you'll see all season but you didn't bet big because it's only the beginning of the season is a complete contradiction. You can't claim it was a really obvious play and then name the reasons why you didn't trust it so much. It's either an obvious play or it's not.

The fact is you thought it was a good play but then you see them win by 30 points and suddenly it becomes obvious that it was the easiest play ever. They could have easily not covered and then you wouldn't have commented on what an obvious play it was.

KidSeoul
    KidSeoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Any advice for the Rockets/Clippers game?

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yeah you're one of the best if not the best during the reg season
    Im just like you Goat - thoroughly obsessed with the game, I love NBA (despite all the constant and horrible rule changes) although I'd be the first to admit that I don't have anywhere near the "technical" knowledge that you possess, however I have played JV high school in NY and at other levels and also coached (at a very low level).

sando

Quote Originally Posted by KidSeoul View Post
    Any advice for the Rockets/Clippers game?
    Yeah play the under or take the points with the Rockets. I had to talk myself out of a ml play on the Rockets today, and I know the over is a very popular play, however Houston's defence looks legit with Beverly, Asik, D12 and I think there will be at least 1 40-45 point Q.

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Yeah play the under or take the points with the Rockets. I had to talk myself out of a ml play on the Rockets today, and I know the over is a very popular play, however Houston's defence looks legit with Beverly, Asik, D12 and I think there will be at least 1 40-45 point Q.
    Sando your a genius. :-)

kneighfe
    kneighfe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Any HT play for the HOU @ LAC match sando?

sando

Quote Originally Posted by gopolks View Post
    Sando your a genius. :-)
    Haha I assume your being sarcastic. the live line is like 240. What was I thinking?

gopolks

I think the over is going to happen.

gopolks

Haha I assume your being sarcastic. the live line is like 240. What was I thinking?
    My comment was your prediction of a 40 point Quarter for a team. :-)

sando

Quote Originally Posted by kneighfe View Post
    Any HT play for the HOU @ LAC match sando?
    I predict the 2nd half total will be around 108-112. The over might actually be the play. Of course they can't keep this fg% up for 48 minutes, but the tempo alone could just crash this total through regardless of shooting %'s

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I predict the 2nd half total will be around 108-112. The over might actually be the play. Of course they can't keep this fg% up for 48 minutes, but the tempo alone could just crash this total through regardless of shooting %'s
    Neither team is shooting above 40% from the field.

This is just a product of zero defense. Period. The shooting percentages aren't even that high.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

This is just a product of zero defense. Period. The shooting percentages aren't even that high.
    Actually mate the Rockets are shooting 52% and the Clippers are shooting over 60%...??

Half Time

Rockets - 24-46
    52.2%
    Clippers - 26-44
    59.1%

Last edited by sando; 11-04-13 at 10:50 PM.

mattyg93
    mattyg93's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

Curious to why you thought the under. I understand they have some good defensive players but both these teams are high tempo. Did you think one would try to slow it down? I think its clear with the addition of dwight and not slowing down that they are locked in on pushing the ball. Thoughts?

sando

NBA 2nd Half Play

Surprised the total is so low. I guess this is the difference between a computer calculating a total, and a human actually watching/reading the game...

2* Houston @ LA Over 205 2nd Half (-110/$1.90 Pinnacle)

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Vegas won't stray from what they cap a game at. If its 210 you can bet it's gonna be around 105 each half regardless of the outcome of the prior half

Uncle Drew
    Uncle Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

???

sando

NBA 2nd Half Play

Surprised the total is so low. I guess this is the difference between a computer calculating a total, and a human actually watching/reading the game...

Obviously that was Over 105 2nd Half - my bad. (I don't like to edit plays so as to maintain integrity).

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    ???
    Meant from 3.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea threes not falling now

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

NBA 2nd Half Play

Talk about the easiest money ever....

Why this wasn't at least 112-114 I will never understand.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    yea threes not falling now
    They haven't really the whole game.

sando

NBA Monday

Another good day...

3-0 +5 units

ATS/ML 1-0
    1st Half Plays 1-0
    2nd Half Plays (live) 1-0

ATS/ML 9-10
    Totals 2-7
    1st Half Plays 1-0
    2nd Half Plays (live) 8-3
    Props 1-1
    1st Quarter's 1-0
    Points Awarded:

hjrozay gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Crowing Capers gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JM92 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I've been watching the NBA for a long time, and gambling on it for four full years.

I've never seen anything like this re: Clippers totals through four games. Books are stubborn and won't budge/adjust -- even at halftime.

Watch the games.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

clippers/rockets easy overs, what's the problem? yes books should adjust but so should we

ohdecas
    ohdecas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

nice hit on Warriors tonight I was with you on the first half bet, thank you

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunch View Post
    So you're saying you would have made the comment about how "easy" the play was even if it had lost. Or since you only make easy plays they never lose.

To say that it was the easiest play you'll see all season but you didn't bet big because it's only the beginning of the season is a complete contradiction. You can't claim it was a really obvious play and then name the reasons why you didn't trust it so much. It's either an obvious play or it's not.

The fact is you thought it was a good play but then you see them win by 30 points and suddenly it becomes obvious that it was the easiest play ever. They could have easily not covered and then you wouldn't have commented on what an obvious play it was.

I don't think you understood what I meant, but it's probably my fault.

When I say easy, I say it in the sense that, before the game, that looks like what's going to happen. I mean, at least it's gotta be a little bit obvious for you, otherwise, way bet? If you don't think the Warriors will crush the Sixers on the inside etc etc. (just to give an example) which will lead to a win by over 7 points, then there's no point in betting. Even if they had not covered, I would remain with my idea that this was a obvious spot to bet the Warriors. From my point of view, it really was. And if I'm making a play by myself, that's the most important thing, that it looks to me like that, "easy", "obvious", "60%+ chance of hitting" etc. etc.

And I know it looks contradictory that I couldn't go big on it, but I don't even a bankroll setup yet since I just graduated and am looking for a job still, so I basically had to choices maintain my normal unit even though it represents a higher percentage than normal of my bankroll, or play lower money and be able to keep doing things just like I used to. I chose the first one, so if I had bet on this game what I would probably bet in the future on similar situations, it would've been like 25-30% of my bankroll. and that would just be really dumb from me.

anyway, nice posts. GL to you

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Nice work, sando. You won't be in the red for long. I can guarantee everyone that.

imarkp
    imarkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

that clippers game was crazy. 144pt 1st half. was glad to be on board for that free money o104.5 2nd half.

s2230011
    s2230011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3071

I think it's fair to say Ashley Klein forgot the rules there

First ... 252253254255256257258 ... Last