binomial
    binomial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6841

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitbrew View Post

The teams will not be confirmed until the morning of the game but it is fairly easy to predict the starting lineups. The only question is if Thwaites or Bassett starts at GS. I’d be more confident if Thwaites does as she has more experience against the NZ defenders.
    Who do you think will play C, WA and WD for NZ?

Jolie probably WD. But with Lees and Leota not sure about the others.

trigga50
    trigga50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

Unlucky beat on Geelong last night. I stayed away from the half time bet but had a play on Geelong -26.5. Geelong's accuracy all game was atrocious, it could have easily been a 50 point win.

I tailed on the NRL plays this week, lets cash it Sando.

I don't mind the look of the Under in the Sydney and Carlton game. Finals are naturally lower scoring compared to regular season games, and the trend of these two teams playing each other have been very low scoring matches in the past? Kreuzer is a big out for the Blues and Im pretty certain the Swans will get up today.

Im loving the look of playing West Adelaide tomorrow as dogs in the SANFL. West Adelaide 3rd are playing 2nd placed Eagles in the 1st week of Finals. Eagles smashed them last week by 70 odd points to lock in 2nd spot on the ladder, however West Adelaide had rested 10 players last week in preparation for this game. West Adelaide are a smarter and more organised team, and went all the way in the Foxtel Cup several months ago. The books have them as 6 point dogs but I think they will win here. Im hanging out until tomorrow morning to compare lines across different books.

At the moment Im staying away from WNBA until the finals start, many of the teams are locked into their playoff spots and don't have much to play for in the last games of the season.

Rabbitbrew
    Rabbitbrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2333

Quote Originally Posted by binomial View Post
    Who do you think will play C, WA and WD for NZ?

Jolie probably WD. But with Lees and Leota not sure about the others.
    You're on the money with WD. Expect Henry to play there.

C will be Langman
    WA is between Tairi (75%) and Thompson (25%)

binomial
    binomial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6841

i tend to think that the one quality player they are short at WA is the difference and agree with your bet on Australia.

Cobra Kai
    Cobra Kai's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very disappointing. I'd take a belting any day over that joy then despair bullshit I just witnessed! What was wrong with the disallowed try at the end? I don't follow League plus I was watching it with french commentary.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    Very disappointing. I'd take a belting any day over that joy then despair bullshit I just witnessed! What was wrong with the disallowed try at the end? I don't follow League plus I was watching it with french commentary.
    Foot of attacking player was out before ball was grounded.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Foot of attacking player was out before ball was grounded.
    What a shit rule. They have so many tries disallowed in that game

Cobra Kai

It didn't even look like any part of his foot was over the line, on the line classed as out of bounds is the rule perhaps? Nonsense sport.

Bring on the footy and watch the Swans march on to their death next week!

Grunch
    Grunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2718

So they should let the guy walk out of bounds and score a try, just so that there are more tries scored? His leg was completely out, there was no doubt about it.

The real bullshit was the 7 tackle try by the sharks. But I guess since they didn't disallow the try that's a good thing?

Cobra Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Grunch View Post
    So they should let the guy walk out of bounds and score a try, just so that there are more tries scored? His leg was completely out, there was no doubt about it.

The real bullshit was the 7 tackle try by the sharks. But I guess since they didn't disallow the try that's a good thing?
    Haha I don't know man just looked like his foot was on the line from my shitty stream. Didn't know what was going on.

No doubt my opinion on rugby league would be different had the Cowboys won!

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Sharks should have a try taken off them. Cowboys, just like the Storm yesterday, got screwed by the refs.

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

All the bookies found a way to give bonuses to vic/sa. We cannot induce you to open an account with an offer but once you open an account, we are allowed to give you any offers... Haha this is what sportsbet/bet365 etc all do...
    Points Awarded:

snufflyjoe gave h3da 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Quote Originally Posted by h3da View Post
    All the bookies found a way to give bonuses to vic/sa. We cannot induce you to open an account with an offer but once you open an account, we are allowed to give you any offers... Haha this is what sportsbet/bet365 etc all do...
    Ahh thanks man I get it now..silly law to begin with...nanny state Pfft!

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well that was a rough weekend. I will spend the next few days drinking wine and licking my wounds. Bad luck sando, things just didnt fall our way. The Cowboys game and the Bulldogs game were the most frustrating games I've watched in a long long time! (Apart from maybe SOO 3)

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of the worst weekends I have ever experienced

trigga50

unlucky weekend guys. I feel as though we got burnt with Geelong and the Cowboys game in particular. If those same games were played again it would have been a different result. I haven't been able to post all day but I hope some people took the gamble on West Adelaide today.

I couldn't believe the score line in the Roosters game at 4-0, but still covered which is the main thing! At least we had a small victory there.

Onwards and upwards, Early NRL lines Manly/Cronulla -7.5/+7.5 and Melbourne/Newcastle -8/+8 Im liking both home teams at the moment.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

i guess I picked the wrong time tail your plays Sando..Oh well!

The Cat 1979
    The Cat 1979's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Unlucky mate. Random results all round for the weekend. Keep on doing what you do. Still love your work and the effort you put in justifying your picks for us amateur punters. Go aussie.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8000

lol seriously 4-0 was the final scoreline in the roosters match? has that even occurred before?

trigga50

Forums gone pretty quiet over the last few days. What are everyones thoughts on AFL + NRL this week? Im pretty keen on Hawks and Fremantle this week, both teams should get the job done. Maybe a lower risk match winner parlay is in order? Im not all that competent in NRL yet but its hard to see the home sides loosing this week. Knights were a big surprise last week though so who knows?

WNBA finals start on Friday, much more for teams to play for so I might have some plays coming up. Not long now until NBA starts back up

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

I think the swans and cats are value this week. Swans have the midfield to win but the dockers bring a level of pressure to games that is incredible. Cats just match up well against the hawks. If stokes, motlop and Christensen turn up then the cats win.

trigga50

Quote Originally Posted by aussieH View Post
    I think the swans and cats are value this week. Swans have the midfield to win but the dockers bring a level of pressure to games that is incredible. Cats just match up well against the hawks. If stokes, motlop and Christensen turn up then the cats win.
    Thats a big call man. I personally think that Chapman brings a lot of leadership and swagger to the team, without him and Enright this week it could prove tough for the Cats? I know Im giving 2 old boys alot of credit but I think it will be a factor in this game.

OZnBa Fan

Quote Originally Posted by trigga50 View Post
    Thats a big call man. I personally think that Chapman brings a lot of leadership and swagger to the team, without him and Enright this week it could prove tough for the Cats? I know Im giving 2 old boys alot of credit but I think it will be a factor in this game.
    Hawks are primed for this game they haven't been better placed to beat the cats then this week. I reckon hawks win and possibly win big

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

AFL

PF1 - Geelong @ Hawthorn

1* Hawks 1st Quarter -3.5 ($1.90 Luxbet)
    2* Hawks HT -6.5 ($1.90 Sportsbet)
    0.5* Hawks to win by 40+ ($4.10 Centrebet)

PF2 - Sydney @ Freemantle

1.5* Freo to win by 1-39 ($2.05 Sportsbet)
    1.1 Under 160.5 ($1.88 Sportsbet)

NRL

SF1 - Cronulla @ Manly

2.5* Manly HT/FT ($1.62 Centrebet)

SF2 - Newcastle @ Melbourne

1.1* Under 35.5 (1.93 Luxbet)
    Points Awarded:

OZnBa Fan gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

the tross gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Crowing Capers gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dr.Gonzo gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Lilfatbum gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shevabets
    GEROSKIPOU B'TCH
    shevabets's Avatar Become A Pro!

gl sando - thanks for the play$

Cobra Kai

Any leans on the netball this afternoon, Australia to bounce back perhaps?

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

ITM Cup

Northland @Aukland - AKA – David v Goliath (and David is home team).
    Aukland start the cup 5-0 and then got touched up by Waikato last start, they’ll be real cranky after 42 pts the mooloo’s put on them and now at home against (arguably) the worst team in the championship (Aukland being one of the big 3 in thepremiership). Line is simply not big enough. Only thing that bothers me is that Aukland has beaten up on the premiership teams, however only “just done enough” against championship teams so only a small play, however expecting a solid effort from the start. Injuries not as important with the depth available.

1* Aukland -6.5 1st Half ($1.90 Sportsbet)
    1* Aukland -14.5 ($1.91 Centrebet)

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Over 98.5 or stay away pal. Diamonds/Silver Ferns have only gone under that number once in 5 games going back to the start of 2012.

Edit: also, I saw nothing in the first game to suggest this is going to be any different to most of their games where they put up about 100.
    Last edited by Gee; 09-19-13 at 12:25 AM.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I find Auckland games very tough to cap, they don't have the killer instinct welly and canterbury do. Northland games are tough to cap to because they have 3 gamebreakers in Dan Pryor, Ranger & Rupene who can cut you open at any given time.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    ITM Cup

Northland @Aukland - AKA – David v Goliath (and David is home team).
    Aukland start the cup 5-0 and then got touched up by Waikato last start, they’ll be real cranky after 42 pts the mooloo’s put on them and now at home against (arguably) the worst team in the championship (Aukland being one of the big 3 in thepremiership). Line is simply not big enough. Only thing that bothers me is that Aukland has beaten up on the premiership teams, however only “just done enough” against championship teams so only a small play, however expecting a solid effort from the start. Injuries not as important with the depth available.

1* Aukland -6.5 1st Half ($1.90 Sportsbet)
    1* Aukland -14.5 ($1.91 Centrebet)
    I wish you good luck here and I think Auckland cover but I have to respectfully disagree with your statement about Auckland beating up on Premiership teams.

They snuck past Counties very late and deserved to lose that game. Hickey converted from the sideline to give them the win. They were in a real battle against BOP and blew them out late to put a very flattering final scoreline.

They did demolish Taranaki but of their 6 wins that has been the only impressive one. The rest have been very patchy to say the least.

The only other concern is the weather is Auckland is pretty average.

Northland ran out of gas last week against Hawkes Bay and I imagine the same thing happens tonight.

OZnBa Fan

Anything for the wnba tomorrow trigga?

trigga50

I know this is really late and a few mins out before game time

Washington +6.5 X1 UNITS
    Washington VS Atlanta UNDER 151.5 X1.5 UNITS

LA Sparks -7 X 1.5 UNITS

MTM
    MTM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 485

Love hawthorn to win and cover the line. Hawthorn were great against Sydney in the qualifying final. Geelong haven't looked sharp and chapman is a big out. I like your half unit play Sando on 40+

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Geelong owns Hawthorn and it's raining..
    I like Geelong +15.5
    Should be a classic as usual

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I love Hawthorn -15.5 I think 40+ has great value too, I hate to break the news but you know what is going to happen tonight, its going to be the night that Hawthorn states its claim to be the champs. I am on Hawthorn huge

First ... 239240241242243244245 ... Last