trigga50
    trigga50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

Been fairly wet but hasn't rained too much yet this morning, Thunder Storms are a possibility but only light showers expected I think.

EDIT: Raining heaps down south at the moment
    Last edited by trigga50; 08-16-13 at 06:46 PM.

trigga50

Quote Originally Posted by trigga50 View Post
    WNBA +17.18

Gents its time for another Saturday sweep! Ive been bleeding units this week, made a few bad calls. With a 4 game card today I have strong leans on 2 of the games.

Washington @ NY
    Ok so these teams have played twice this season so far. Both times I have taken washington as dogs and both times Ive lost. So guess what? Im taking Washington again. Both games Washington played better and had some unlucky losses. The books have given Washington a 3 point edge and set the game total at a relatively low 151.5?

I don't get the total at all on this one. The previous two games have hit 166 and 181, neither teams currently have any injury woes?
    Both sides have a recent record in Overs

Washington has gone over in 6 of its last 7 games on the road.
    NY has gone over in 4 of its last 5 games.
    Washington give up 82.9 points on the road

Washington +3 @$1.91 X 2 UNITS to win 1.82
    OVER 151.5 @1.91 X3.5 UNITS to win 3.18

Tulsa @ Minnesota
    Like Minny here, Tulsa have two key players doubtful to take the court today (Glory Johnson and Riquna Williams) Tulsa will have very little offence if these two don't take the court tonight. Minnesota should get up into the 90 point mark this game, and I don't see Tulsa getting up over 70. I know 15 points is a big line to cover but Minnesota have done it plenty of times this season against better teams.

Minnesota -15 @$1.91 X 2 UNITS to win 1.82 UNITS

TEASER PARLAY (bet365)
    Washington @ NY OVER 147.5
    Washington +5.5
    Minnesota -11.5

1 UNIT @ $3.73 to win 2.73

Adding ;

OVER 42 POINTS HOME TEAM 1st HALF (MINNESOTA) X1.5 UNITS to win 1.32

shevabets
    GEROSKIPOU B'TCH
    shevabets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like over in the Washington game. Them being underdogs has to deal partly with losing twice in a row to this same opponent and partly with the much improved play and - IMPORTANTLY - leadership of Cappie Pondexter. Her team is no longer really a huge mess we've grown accustomed to this season.

Not sure about Minnesota. If either Glory or Riquna dress tonight, I'd definitely skip this game. Minnesota doesn't care about covering; they'll win by 9-10 pts... again. Tipoff in 15 min

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

This is looking ugly.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gentlemen, Aussies, anyone - just would like an opinion on the Bulldogs v. Raiders game tonight.

-The loss by the Bulldogs last week was almost expected and yet still surprising, after a weekend of underdog covers, especially with so much of the public on the Bulldogs, it seemed inevitable the result would be closer than ppl were expecting. Additionally losing as a -620 fav ...... welcome to the NRL.

-Seems like there is a lean to the Raiders, but I feel like the Bulldogs are going to respond today, call me clueless.
    I'd like to get some more savvy individuals opinions on this matchup. Or u see the Raiders playing for more here @ #9 in the ladder???

trigga50

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzadude View Post
    This is looking ugly.
    Shaping up to be a baaaad day

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Gentlemen, Aussies, anyone - just would like an opinion on the Bulldogs v. Raiders game tonight.

-The loss by the Bulldogs last week was almost expected and yet still surprising, after a weekend of underdog covers, especially with so much of the public on the Bulldogs, it seemed inevitable the result would be closer than ppl were expecting. Additionally losing as a -620 fav ...... welcome to the NRL.

-Seems like there is a lean to the Raiders, but I feel like the Bulldogs are going to respond today, call me clueless.
    I'd like to get some more savvy individuals opinions on this matchup. Or u see the Raiders playing for more here @ #9 in the ladder???
    Stay away mate.
    The line is about right and there is no clear lean either way.
    The Raiders have a good record at home but got smashed last start.
    They'll be looking at stepping up this week to appease home fans.
    The do lose Campese for this game - not sure if it is a blessing in disguise as he has not been that same player after his injuries.
    There is also the dramas in house with Milford wanting out of the club and Ferguson reportedly wanting out too.
    The Bulldogs were off their game on Monday and are off a short week.
    They lose their two most dynamic forwards in Kasiano and Eastwood for this game.
    Barba is still missing and has no confirmed he wants out to move back to QLD.

Raiders are basically playing for a spot in the 8 while the Dogs could potentially drop out with some tough games coming up against the Rabbitohs and the resurgent Broncos.

Flip of a coin for mine, but IF I had to chose a side, I'd go for the better coach and that is Hasler by a country mile.

Find a better spot mate, too many variables.

I'm actually leaning to the under as I can't see where the points are going to come from.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Thanks trigga. I like port Adelaide today Best bet is Adelaide -5.5 tomorrow.

Hawke
    Hawke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1041

Big day of football. Best of luck to all.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

For anyone interested in my ITM cup tips I've been posting in Brettels thread

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

I'm on the over in the Raiders/Bulldogs game. Good luck everyone today.

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

richmond tigers are pathetic.

TheMLBKing

so if I'm to learn anything from AFL it's that home field advantage is absolutely meaningless.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

If you are to learn anything from AFL, it is the possibility of two teams having the same home ground.

TheMLBKing

thanks. Wow I'm never touching AFL again, there is no way to tell when an underdog spread will cover or a favorite will crush. Both games tonight were looking like blowouts until the favorites completely choked. Joke sport IMO

bmoney76
    bmoney76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought I had the smartest play of the day putting 5 units even money on Richmond when Carlton came back.. Yikes. What a bonehead tilt move.
    Down 15 units so far for the night.. Time to put this day behind me. BOL with the rest of the weekend boys. Happens sometimes.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Tigers were pathetic. Went and watched them and unfortunately players and fans get ahead of themselves.

s2230011
    s2230011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3071

Like sezer over 5.5 pts, think the Titans style might cramp the Cowboys groove

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMLBKing View Post
    thanks. Wow I'm never touching AFL again, there is no way to tell when an underdog spread will cover or a favorite will crush. Both games tonight were looking like blowouts until the favorites completely choked. Joke sport IMO
    definitely one of the top 5 stupidest posts I've read on sbr
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MatI

Lilfatbum
    Lilfatbum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

Please.

Shazzadude

It's a rather weird argument coming from a baseball fan.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Ironic isn't it.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Yeah, please tell me the sport where it's easy to know what spread will hit. How dare a -300 favorite lose!

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

This!

Cobra Kai
    Cobra Kai's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking Geelong ATS. Much more to play for, I really have a hard time seeing them loose today.

TheMLBKing

baseball > AFL, deal with it

TheMLBKing

Since you guys are having trouble even picking -300 winners, I'll give you a +120 for the hell of it. yankees ML.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gerry Mander View Post
    Stay away mate.
    The line is about right and there is no clear lean either way.
    The Raiders have a good record at home but got smashed last start.
    They'll be looking at stepping up this week to appease home fans.
    The do lose Campese for this game - not sure if it is a blessing in disguise as he has not been that same player after his injuries.
    There is also the dramas in house with Milford wanting out of the club and Ferguson reportedly wanting out too.
    The Bulldogs were off their game on Monday and are off a short week.
    They lose their two most dynamic forwards in Kasiano and Eastwood for this game.
    Barba is still missing and has no confirmed he wants out to move back to QLD.

Raiders are basically playing for a spot in the 8 while the Dogs could potentially drop out with some tough games coming up against the Rabbitohs and the resurgent Broncos.

Flip of a coin for mine, but IF I had to chose a side, I'd go for the better coach and that is Hasler by a country mile.

Find a better spot mate, too many variables.

I'm actually leaning to the under as I can't see where the points are going to come from.
    Thanks for your input bro. I know you guys frequent the word "mate", being from San Diego I think we might utilize "bro" too much, but I'll continue that trend.

In any case I skipped this game and bet on the Cowboys, was an easy win. Ironically the Bulldogs did show up - they actually played "80 mins of footy" like their captain had asked for the previous week. GL on your bets this weekend.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

I normally don't post any of my plays here, but I have a strong lean to the Seahawks tonight, against Denver in NFL preseason. ML is getting juiced, but they should cover the -5 @ home. Quite a bit' of action starting to pour in on Seattle. The game will be sold out, and expect Seattle to put on a show, despite being preseason. Peyton Manning might go for as little as 2-3 series tonight.

-Denver is merely going through the motions this game, they have a prime-time game @ home the next week, in preseason week 3 which is essentially the biggest walkthrough and test game of the preseason. Expect Seattle to respond in tonights game at home.

GL to all you guys.

ender749
    ender749's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Quote Originally Posted by trigga50 View Post
    Washington has gone over in 6 of its last 7 games on the road.
    NY has gone over in 4 of its last 5 games.
    I've noticed that you always put an emphasis on whether a team has gone over in their previous games against different opposition. I'm just curious as to why you think this is that relevant. (this question could apply to other sports as well such as NRL so the question is to everyone who uses these stats)

There are a host of reasons that a total could go over in previous games: Opposition was scoring above expectation, bookies lines were too low etc.

Lakey
    Lakey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Since you guys are having trouble even picking -300 winners, I'll give you a +120 for the hell of it. yankees ML.
    Or not

ender749
    ender749's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

ML bet in MLB such a square play, no analysis. And buried. So much better than AFL! yes!!! lool. (and of course, I didn't tail)

Shazzadude

Will you quit betting baseball now you've discovered how unpredictable it is?

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Thanks for your input bro. I know you guys frequent the word "mate", being from San Diego I think we might utilize "bro" too much, but I'll continue that trend.

In any case I skipped this game and bet on the Cowboys, was an easy win. Ironically the Bulldogs did show up - they actually played "80 mins of footy" like their captain had asked for the previous week. GL on your bets this weekend.
    Glad you won bro, but the Cowboys played badly and by rights should have lost the game as the Titans had the better share of possession and field position.

The Raiders had a few calls go against them, but there were some poor reads in defence by the Green Machine.
    Reynolds getting past Tilse after 5 minutes of the game was terrible from the big man - very lazy defending at such an early stage of the game.
    The Bulldogs took their chances and barring the wind conditions, should have won by more as Hodkinson missed 4 conversions.
    Also, the injury to their winger Wighton didn't help their cause - plus Ferguson's bizarre decision to bail on the team before kick-off to return to Sydney for some reason.

trigga50

Guys quick play before game starts

I really like the under on the Phoenix and San Antonio game today. Phoenix have a new coach and over the last 3 games they have been limiting opponents to around 60 points. Im only going off 3 games here since their new coach has taken over but I'm pretty confident that they will work on defence in this game as well.

UNDER 153.5 X 2 UNITS to win 1.82 UNITS

First ... 224225226227228229230 ... Last