sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Well I survived an entire NBA season on SBR, which was my goal, and ended up halfway towards my pre-season goal of +100 units, finishing the season up 51.47 Units.
    NBA, NRL and AFL are my bread and butter and whilst the NRL is going great, the NBA season is sadly now over and my AFL plays just suck at the moment, being on the wrong side of the two biggest upsets of the season in the round just finished.
    Going to go away and focus on my AFL system. I expect to win in all sports I wager on, I won’t tolerate losing, I put in too much work.
    This thread doesn’t really need me now that NBA is done, there are plenty of solid guys in here now.
    I’m out. Good luck to all.

NBA Season2012-13
    Final Record
    290-246 +51.47 Units
    MMA/Boxing
    21-17 +19.94 Units
    Netball
    4-1 +4.02 Units
    Soccer
    6-2-2 +6.2 Units
    NRL
    42-33-2 +18.06 Units
    (pending – Origin game II – 1.5* NSW @ QLD Over 34)
    MLB
    12-10 +6.92 Units
    Rugby
    10-13 -7.16 Units
    AFL
    47-50-1 -11.82 Units

ExodusNZ
    ExodusNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1314

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Well I survived an entire NBA season on SBR, which was my goal, and ended up halfway towards my pre-season goal of +100 units, finishing the season up 51.47 Units.
    NBA, NRL and AFL are my bread and butter and whilst the NRL is going great, the NBA season is sadly now over and my AFL plays just suck at the moment, being on the wrong side of the two biggest upsets of the season in the round just finished.
    Going to go away and focus on my AFL system. I expect to win in all sports I wager on, I won’t tolerate losing, I put in too much work.
    This thread doesn’t really need me now that NBA is done, there are plenty of solid guys in here now.

NBA Season2012-13
    Final Record
    290-246 +51.47 Units
    MMA/Boxing
    21-17 +19.94 Units
    Netball
    4-1 +4.02 Units
    Soccer
    6-2-2 +6.2 Units
    NRL
    42-33-2 +18.06 Units
    MLB
    12-10 +6.92 Units
    Rugby
    10-13 -7.16 Units
    AFL
    47-50-1 -11.82 Units
    Great season and always love your insights!

DONT LEAVE

ender749
    ender749's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Amazing job Sando. It's unbelievable how you cap so many sports so well. To echo ExodusNZ, don't go!! Keep smashing NRL, Soccer, UFC etc.

Whatever you decide, it's been a pleasure reading this thread.

Swan4brownlow
    Swan4brownlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just decided I was going to start posting some cricket plays in here and then I saw this!

Sando, as a long time reader first time poster in this thread I'd like to echo the thoughts of some other guys. This thread has been BY FAR the best thread on sbr and it's unbelievable how you've been able to have such a good record across so many sports. Personally I do ok on AFL and cricket, yet you've shown a winning record across 6 sports this past season and I'm sure that things in the AFL will turn around for you and that you'll end the season with a strong result. That will make 7 sports that you're killing it in! I know you must be feeling rough after being on the wrong side of the seasons 2 biggest upsets in the AFL but your record is unbelievable. I very much appreciate all the time and effort you've put into posting your plays, it has definitely helped me achieve better results in my own punting. Like the others I'd love for you to keep posting your plays, you're the leader of the pack here and you come up with so many winning plays it's insane. If the bookies saw this they'd be breathing a sigh of relief.

Whatever you decide to do, just thought I'd say thanks for all your insight because it really has been appreciated

the tross
    Update your status
    the tross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6226

Cheered your every winner even when i faded. You pulled my backside out of the fire too many times to count. Thanks big fella. Bol .

KierenRaj
    KierenRaj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Cheers for all your effort Sando, helped make me some decent coin, really appreciate it. Hope you come back sooner rather than later and continue your domination. Doubt this thread will die in your absence, plenty of Aussies here to keep it alive for you when you return.

Thanks again mate

Rabbitbrew
    Rabbitbrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2333

As a going away present to Sando, here are my Monday night netball plays:

Tactix @ Swifts (-15.5)
    I usually don't like betting backing double digit favorites but I really like this one. Ware announced her intention to retire at the end of the year after 11 years at the club and with this being her last game it gives the Swifts a great opportunity to see her off with a big victory. Gerrard has also flagged her intentions to have a year off (to try and qualify for the Olympics via the Rugby 7's). In the last three weeks they have played the top three sides, with one victory and two narrow losses. They now play the second last placed Tactix. Their last four trips to Oz have resulted in 20, 21, 16, and 20 goal losses. Swifts win well. Rated to win by 23 goals.

Tactix/Swifts (UNDER 117.5 goals)
    Swifts are currently on a run of 6 unders. Last week they kept the top ranked offense of the Firebirds to 52 goals. I have the Tactix as the 8th ranked offense. In their last four trips to Oz the Tactix have scored 40, 44, 48, and 35 goals. I cant see them scoring over mid 40's, and I can't see the Swifts scoring over 70, with their highest score this year being 63 against the Mystics. Looks like under to me. Game score rated to be 109 goals.

Good luck!
    Points Awarded:

ender749 gave Rabbitbrew 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GoneWrong gave Rabbitbrew 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

trigga50 gave Rabbitbrew 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

YEP gave Rabbitbrew 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Coopertrooper gave Rabbitbrew 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

XPenny gave Rabbitbrew 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Lilfatbum
    Lilfatbum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

Cheers to Sando, bailed my sorry ass many a time. Always appreciate your plays.

Best of luck, we will keep the thread ticking over with many Aussies.

Keep on punching!

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always good to have someone who generates such positive discussions and has such a solid record. Hopefully you'll be back soon for your next season of picks

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's crazy to think that I take 4 picks from this guy and 2 of them happen to be the 2 biggest upsets of the AFL season.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you Aussies think about the following MNF NRL??? Storm v. Titans

Seems to be a lot of action on the Titans to cover.

ExodusNZ
    ExodusNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1314

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    What do you Aussies think about the following MNF NRL??? Storm v. Titans

Seems to be a lot of action on the Titans to cover.
    ThatGuy has a great point "Storm - winning just 1 match of 11 when the big trio of Smith, Cronk & Slater are missing"

the tross
    Update your status
    the tross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6226

Thanks rabs. Im on it. Also took away goals under 50.5 and -8.5 first half.
    Points Awarded:

Rabbitbrew gave the tross 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

Sando its been a pleasure mate, we all need some healthy time away from the gamble from time to time, but i hope once u get bored of the daiy grind that you come back bigger and better than ever...i think i speak for everyone here when i say that none of us will be able to hold the mantle as u have sir..i'm sure some of us sharps will do our best to fill the void but your voice will still be missed....your insights are always greatly appreciated no matter if i agree or disagree..i wish you the best

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

My typical night over the last few months -

Its 3am, I'm startled by a loud BLING BLING coming from my phone....I've received an email...as I roll over in a haze to check my phone, I see the subject line "Sando has replied to a thread that you are subscribed to". Instantly I'm wide awake and jump up in bed, I grab my lappy, frantically trying to read Sandos' latest post while simultaneously trying to log in to my accounts on Pinny, Centrebet etc. I mash between tabs, looking for the best odds, and eventually find something close to what Sando suggested. In a matter of minutes, I place several bets, yawn, put the phone back on the pillow next to me and rest easy, calmed by the fact that my funds are guided by the reassuring hands of Sando.

BLING BLING....its 5am...I roll over and look at my phone...and yeah, you know the rest.

Thanks Sando. Come back soon.

P.S - My girlfriend hates you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawley

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Thanks for all your hard work Sando. Killing 6 out of 8 sports in unheard of. An amazing record. I tailed your NBA plays from time to time & couldn't be happier - booked & paid for an overseas holiday with the profits!

trigga50
    trigga50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post

NBA Season2012-13
    Final Record
    290-246 +51.47 Units
    MMA/Boxing
    21-17 +19.94 Units
    Netball
    4-1 +4.02 Units
    Soccer
    6-2-2 +6.2 Units
    NRL
    42-33-2 +18.06 Units
    MLB
    12-10 +6.92 Units
    Rugby
    10-13 -7.16 Units
    AFL
    47-50-1 -11.82 Units
    Man im going to miss your plays. Ive never known anyone with such a wide knowledge across different sports. Try not to get yourself down on the AFL season. Ive been capping AFL for about 4 years and this is by far my worst season. Hope you return later in the year for another NBA season. All the best mate

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

C'mon guys nobody has an opinion besides what ExodusNZ and I have said??

It would serve us in respect to Sando leaving for a while to continue some NRL, AFL knowledge. I'm speaking of the Storm v. Titans matchup.

Any opinions or leans on this game would be appreciated, if this was MLB, NBA, NHL I would be offering more of my own opinion. However most of the games AFL, NRL, are NOT national TV here, and us "Yanks" have to be selective.

I'm sure I won't get a response but it was worth saying.

trigga50

It would serve us in respect to Sando leaving for a while to continue some NRL, AFL knowledge. I'm speaking of the Storm v. Titans matchup.

Any opinions or leans on this game would be appreciated, if this was MLB, NBA, NHL I would be offering more of my own opinion. However most of the games AFL, NRL, are NOT national TV here, and us "Yanks" have to be selective.

Im still in the learning stages of NRL myself, but am very interested in tonights game. Strange things tend to happen in Monday football but I don't think Melbourne can cover without all their missing players. An interesting stat I read was that Titans have not won a monday night game since 2010. Im thinking about pulling the trigger on Titans -9.5 or take them 1-12. This is a play Id love to get Sandos input on being the NRL Master.

Anyone else got any leans?

trigga50

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitbrew View Post

Tactix @ Swifts (-15.5)
    I usually don't like betting backing double digit favorites but I really like this one. Ware announced her intention to retire at the end of the year after 11 years at the club and with this being her last game it gives the Swifts a great opportunity to see her off with a big victory. Gerrard has also flagged her intentions to have a year off (to try and qualify for the Olympics via the Rugby 7's). In the last three weeks they have played the top three sides, with one victory and two narrow losses. They now play the second last placed Tactix. Their last four trips to Oz have resulted in 20, 21, 16, and 20 goal losses. Swifts win well. Rated to win by 23 goals.

Swifts are currently on a run of 6 unders. Last week they kept the top ranked offense of the Firebirds to 52 goals. I have the Tactix as the 8th ranked offense. In their last four trips to Oz the Tactix have scored 40, 44, 48, and 35 goals. I cant see them scoring over mid 40's, and I can't see the Swifts scoring over 70, with their highest score this year being 63 against the Mystics. Looks like under to me. Game score rated to be 109 goals.

Good luck!
    1st time Ive been able to catch one of your netball plays in time, Im on it tonight

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by trigga50 View Post
    Im still in the learning stages of NRL myself, but am very interested in tonights game. Strange things tend to happen in Monday football but I don't think Melbourne can cover without all their missing players. An interesting stat I read was that Titans have not won a monday night game since 2010. Im thinking about pulling the trigger on Titans -9.5 or take them 1-12. This is a play Id love to get Sandos input on being the NRL Master.

Anyone else got any leans?
    Thank you for your insight, I might roll w/ the Titans ML for a few units, it is relatively low.

But such is the case across all sports on monday night games, generally there is a cover by the dog (most of the time) followed by a favorite win.

Been on vacation this weekend, and was upset I missed some great MLB lines earlier. If you guys like I can extend some of my picks here.

I am 9-2 on my current totals thread, +16 units currently.

trigga50

Thank you for your insight, I might roll w/ the Titans ML for a few units, it is relatively low.

But such is the case across all sports on monday night games, generally there is a cover by the dog (most of the time) followed by a favorite win.

Been on vacation this weekend, and was upset I missed some great MLB lines earlier. If you guys like I can extend some of my picks here.

I am 9-2 on my current totals thread, +16 units currently.
    Just after I took Titans -9.5 the line has dropped to -8.5 which has made me pretty nervous. There must be some late money coming through on Melbourne Storm. I think Melbourne has a much larger following so hopefully its just supported based bets coming through late which has made the line adjust.

Also bring on the MLB plays mate, more plays and write ups in this forum the better
    Last edited by trigga50; 06-24-13 at 03:28 AM.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Tab sportsbet won't let me bet more than 13dollars on the under lol.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Just after I took Titans -9.5 the line has dropped to -8.5 which has made me pretty nervous. There must be some late money coming through on Melbourne Storm. I think Melbourne has a much larger following so hopefully its just supported based bets coming through late which has made the line adjust.

Also bring on the MLB plays mate, more plays and write ups in this forum the better
    If I can perhaps assuage your apprehension, the line started around 7 and has gone up to 8.5 on 5dimes.com, its been 8.5 literally all day (I've been following), even with money on the Titans, I have not seen it move above 9. If anything the line has moved in favor of the Titans, but seriously that is a large number to cover for the Titans.

My concern however is this match could go down to the wire. GL to you man and thanks for your opinions, I will post my MLB totals in here when I find some weak lines and strong positions for us, I generally have about 3-4 totals a week.

trigga50

Ok gents, WNBA games for tomorrow. Sorry for the late post for the Aussie guys, 2 of these games are starting around 430-5AM Aussie time.

San Antonio Silver Stars VS New York Liberty
    San Antonio have been one of the big under performers so far this season, they managed 2 home wins in a row earlier before going on a 4 game losing streak losing by large margins. San Antonio have a lot of short term contract players filling in for 2 big injuries to their starting 5. Jayne Appel their centre suffered a concussion at practice 2 games ago and is still in doubt for this game. New York are currently undefeated at home and had some impressive wins over Atlanta and Connecticut. Neither team is known for high scoring and I wouldn't be surprised if this game goes under the game total of 148. I think a line of 5.5 is an achievable spread for New York to hit today and is the better play here considering New York recently beat 2 much better sides by comfortable margins.

New York -5.5 @1.91 X1 UNIT to win 0.91 UNITS

Connecticut Suns VS Atlanta Dream
    Atlanta are on a roll at the moment, they are off to one of their best starts in franchise history and boast some pretty impressive stats. They currently average a bit over 79ppg only allowing 69ppg holding their opponents to 36% shooting for the season, which is by far the best combo of defence and offence in the WNBA. Connecticut's off to a 2-5 start to the season struggling to put together 4 quarters of basketball. Connecticut do have a good record against Atlanta at home winning the last 4 contests, but judging purely on form its hard to go past the numbers that Atlanta are putting up on a consistent basis.

Atlanta ML @$1.65 3 UNITS to win 1.95 UNITS
    Atlanta -3 @1.91 1 UNIT to win 0.91 UNITS

Tulsa Shock VS Minnesota Lynx
    I like the look of the game total in this game. The only thing that worries me is the unpredictability of Tulsa. Tulsa are the North Melbourne of the WNBA. They have the ability to put up big numbers, but are prone to defensive lapses and have issues putting together consistent basketball over all 4 quarters. Minnesota are one of the heavy weights, but have suffered 2 strange losses to lower rated teams. The reason I like this game is Minnesota have had heaps of road games in the schedule to start the season. On the stat sheet they average 82.6PPG. In their 3 home games this season they average 92. Although their last 2 games have been at home, Tulsa have found some form winning both games and posting 92 and 83 point totals. Their road record is pretty bad to say the least, and they only average 70.8ppg while being on the road. Being that Tulsa has improved their last 2 games, I think tonight they will be a bit hotter than usual away from home. Game Total is currently set at 161.5, Im estimating the game come in at 166-167 tonight.

OVER 161.5 @$1.91 X1 UNIT to win .91 UNITS

Washington Mystics VS Los Angeles Sparks
    I have not had much chance to watch either of these teams, so wont be making a play here. Los Angeles are the better team for sure and should win, however -13 is a pretty hefty line in the WNBA.

All up today risking 6 units here to win 4.68 units.

BOL
    Some bad luck coming out of today. Atlanta came out so strong and got up early but shut down in the 4th quarter and only won by 1pt so I only cashed on the ML play. New York were plain shocking today and let San Antonio get whatever they wanted offensively and made too many turn overs.

Tulsa on the other hand did not let me down, I was really impressed with this game hitting a total of 167 (bang on what I had predicted) Tulsa's offence has improved immensely over the last 3-4 games and tested the Lynx at some points of the game.

All in all still a profitable day
    Monday 24th +.86 UNITS

Total Record
    +5.86 UNITS
    Day off from WNBA tomorrow, but Ill hit up some more plays for Wednesday (2 games on)

FYI (I know its nothing like watching the NBA, but anyone interested WNBA league pass is only $14.99US for the full season, and most games are broadcast)

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

it's a difficult one to pick. Storm are missing their stars but in previous years have manger to remain competitive during Origin . Titans on the other hand will look at this game as a chance for an easy win & may find themselves fighting all the way to the end. The again they could win 40-0, it's MNF.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Hey Sando. Thanks for great nba season apart from mid season hiatus from the trolls

Look forward to the return of the great man.

angelo63
    angelo63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2192

Storm are 1-11 when the big three are missing .

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Geez lads been looking at the spreads for the afl this weekend and there is a few I like alot will do some write ups on Thursday unless there is some significant changes

Crowing Capers
    Crowing Capers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheers Sando for your thoughts and time here. I have honestly learnt a lot about the right way to invest in this business of sport punting following the way you go about it. Your record speaks for itself man
    Look forward to having a beer with you soon, beers on me

Crowing Capers
    Crowing Capers's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about Rabbitbrew !!!
    What a netball guru
    Swifts 68-40
    Covered the spread and shit in the unders as well
    On the Gunn again is the Rabbitbrew. Cheers
    Got a feeling books onto this thread the lines Rabbitbrew post always point or two more...
    Interesting
    The Brew killing it !!!!

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Crowing Capers View Post
    What about Rabbitbrew !!!
    What a netball guru
    Swifts 68-40
    Covered the spread and shit in the unders as well
    On the Gunn again is the Rabbitbrew. Cheers
    Got a feeling books onto this thread the lines Rabbitbrew post always point or two more...
    Interesting
    The Brew killing it !!!!
    Lol! You hopped on the right game, the other one!

Brew called the under right on but the Swifts are chocking it in the second half!

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

haha i might have spoke soon... swift bound right back in the last few minutes winning covering comfortably and going under!

rabs is the man!!!

Lilfatbum
    Lilfatbum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

On the money with the under thanks Rabbitbrew!

trigga50

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitbrew View Post

Tactix @ Swifts (-15.5)

Good luck!
    Awesome call mate, well done

First ... 176177178179180181182 ... Last