the tross
    Update your status
    the tross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6226

Any plays on the cricket?.

Cobra Kai
    Cobra Kai's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sandoooo!!!! Nice one mate, now all into Aussie in the cricket. Wish me luck.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by locsports View Post
    Hey Sando, how are u mate? I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now. Big Joe told me you had a popular thread on here.

I'll FB message ya so you know who I am.

Good luck with these picks Sando, I just bet ur picks.

FYI Bet365 have Broncos 1st half -4.5 @ 1.90. Although in League there isn't really a difference btw 4.5 and 5.5.

I know exactly who you are Loc, how are you brother? How's the poker going? Haven't been able to get any time in either at the Cas or online in a month or two myself, too busy with work and handicapping sports - it never ends...

PS - I don't use facebook mate.

Quote Originally Posted by rohan22no View Post
    +1 to this!

Sando,
    I know you wont be betting as such, but I'd be really interested to hear your answers to the following..

1. What is your YOUR Ashes Squad/team for first test and why?
    2. If you were Australian selector/manager/coach/captain - what instructions and tactics would you be giving the team to take on England during the series, especially how will we deal with their fast bowlers?
    3. What do you think of the current england team/squad, especially the new apparently unstoppable batsmen J. Root?
    4. Your current series predictions as it stands?

Cheers! Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

P.S - great hit on spurs!
    Damn that's a lot of questions, I'll do my best to answer them when I get a spare hour. All Ill say for now is that as long as Clarke & Watson are in the same team there will not be harmony.

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Cobra, but I'm fading Australia big time.

Whatever SL score, aus has to
    Chase it in 27 overs. Massive chance that they will bust in the pursuit of quick runs.

SL @1.85 or better thereabouts is my play

trigga50
    trigga50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

Sando another nice play man, Your having a really freaky run in the NRL. Congrats and keep them coming

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Missed your NRL play but great call. Also missed your nba play. Great call again mate. You are on fire.

sando

AFL - Special Event

Next Melbourne Coach...?

1* Mark Williams ($4.00 Sportsbet)

I don't normally mess around in these speculation markets, however I digest a ton of AFL media, blogs, podcasts, etc and I like the whispers surrounding Choco here, and I also like the price being offered ($4.00 Sportsbet/IAS & $3.50 Sportingbet/Centrebet). Some big names in footy are already backing him in (Gerard Healy, super bitch 'Caro', Dwayne Russell).

-He and his family are already settled in Melbourne.
    -He has expressed desire to coach at the top level again and has stated this publicly.
    -The D's have expressed their desire to go with an older/more experienced coach this time around and Choco fits the bill perfectly.
    -Choco is proven at getting the best out of indigenous talent, something Neeld failed at and Melbourne desperately needs. Look at what happened to Jurrah, and also what is currently happening with Davey, Jetta, etc.
    -He is commonly accepted as having a brilliant football mind, something Melbourne could desperately use.
    -He appears to have been pretty much forgiven for the big sook he had over the failed GWS gig.
    -Their appears to be an escape clause of sorts from his current job as senior development coach at the Tigers. Of course he could just walk away anyway, but it seems he could leave without any bad blood, and even the Tigers head coach Hardwick recently said that Choco would make a great senior coach (again).
    -Williams has a long standing relationship with current Melbourne Chief Executive Peter Jackson.
    -To me it seems his only real rival is Rodney Eade, as for various reasons other big names, Roos, Clarkeson, Ratten, Sheedy and bomber Thompson are all either not interested, not available or just not suited to the position.

I expect his price to come into around $3.00 as the hype builds over the coming days. If you like it, act soon...

Edit - Oh yeah one more thing. What the Demons really need is a hard arse to sort out these young guys and get them into line. Some of them seem more interested in beard growing competitions than playing "hard contested footy". Anyone who knows Choco, would know that he is indeed a hard arse who is capable of garnering respect from his players (and area Neeld clearly failed in) and perhaps even a touch of fear.
    Last edited by sando; 06-17-13 at 08:06 AM.

lakes_8
    lakes_8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

Dees splashing the money on Paul Roos as reported by the Herald Sun

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a good conversation with a few people about who could take the reigns for the dees. I agree that it is probably going to be a Choco v Eade, at $4 and $5 they are pretty good value. Listening to Eade tonight, he sounds like he wants a go at coaching, and will be seeing what the dees say to him.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by lakes_8 View Post
    Dees splashing the money on Paul Roos as reported by the Herald Sun
    Mate there is less than 1% chance Roos takes the reins, if he was interested there wouldn't even be a betting market, he would be almost unbackable. There may not be a coach in the game they (Melbourne) would take over Roos (maybe not even Rossy Lyon). Roos pedigree and record are un-touchable. He has one of the highest football IQ's in the game and is considered by many the greatest 'game day' coach football has seen. Any money put on Roos is wasted money - as he has stated again & again he has no desire to coach at the senior level. He is known to be very content with his current media role and position at the Swans academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    I had a good conversation with a few people about who could take the reigns for the dees. I agree that it is probably going to be a Choco v Eade, at $4 and $5 they are pretty good value. Listening to Eade tonight, he sounds like he wants a go at coaching, and will be seeing what the dees say to him.
    Yeah I'm thinking about placing a unit on Rocket as well? I feel quite confident that it comes down to one of these two guys.
    Last edited by sando; 06-17-13 at 08:48 AM.

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Remember this game Sando?

elPkay
    elPkay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Is that special bet available at bet365 or sporting bet?
    I can't find any AFL bets on sportingbet, neither specials nor games

shineslikesun
    shineslikesun's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thumbs up

Hi Sando

I have been following your picks for a while and thought now should be the time to register and thank you for all the great work you do at this forum.

May I ask when you will post your big play for tonight?

Keep up the good work

Rugby21
    Rugby21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Widnes +14 tonight against Leeds. Leeds have 10 first teamers out, sinfield missing his first game in 3 years. Widnes have hock and brown back there 2 key players and should be close to Leeds tonight.

Rugby21

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby21 View Post
    Widnes +14 tonight against Leeds. Leeds have 10 first teamers out, sinfield missing his first game in 3 years. Widnes have hock and brown back there 2 key players and should be close to Leeds tonight.
    The +14 comes in. Leeds 38-28 widnes ft.

ExodusNZ
    ExodusNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1314

Quote Originally Posted by elPkay View Post
    Is that special bet available at bet365 or sporting bet?
    I can't find any AFL bets on sportingbet, neither specials nor games
    http://www.sportingbet.com.au/#Sports/4820400

Its here on sportingbet (above link)
    Last edited by ExodusNZ; 06-17-13 at 07:07 PM.

Cobra Kai
    Cobra Kai's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Cobra, but I'm fading Australia big time.

Whatever SL score, aus has to
    Chase it in 27 overs. Massive chance that they will bust in the pursuit of quick runs.

SL @1.85 or better thereabouts is my play
    Good call, should have hedged at the break decided instead to go to bed and let it play out.

Looks like they got close I the end, but in the end you were spot on.

gimps_77
    gimps_77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 688

The minus for lions only -10.5 against brums?

This is a brumbies teams with half it's players injured or on national duty.

Lions to romp home

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Quote Originally Posted by gimps_77 View Post
    The minus for lions only -10.5 against brums?

This is a brumbies teams with half it's players injured or on national duty.

Lions to romp home
    Six of the Lions' starting XV that will face the Brumbies on Tuesday not being in the original 37 sums up what has been a tough run for the tourists.

Ryan Grant, Rory Best, Shane Williams, Billy Twelvetrees, Brad Barritt and Christian Wade are those in question for the last game pre-Brisbane.

Concern remains over a few probable starters for the first Test against the Wallabies, notably Jamie Roberts, Manu Tuilagi and George North. But the Lions aren't in dire straits just yet and it's not like Australia has a clean bill of health - flanks Scott Higginbotham and David Pocock we sympathise.
    With this Tuesday selection though comes the feeling that the Test team is wrapped in cotton wool and only a training field mishap (sorry) would change Warren Gatland's thinking ahead of Saturday. Currently it looks like being eight Welsh, four Irish and three English running out in the XV.

So basically the lions are saving their better players for the big tests, I still see the lions winning this.
    Still after doing alot of research and analyzing.

I think the bet of the night goes on the under 47

Although both teams line up with some new faces both have proven statistics in the back row to support a very low scoring game.

Anyway just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Aussiefalconfan; 06-17-13 at 10:06 PM.

gimps_77

I just don't believe the hype that the brumbies can get close here, yes they are a unit who have been training for weeks for this but yet the talent in the lions is far superior. The backrow for the lions tonight will carve.

The other is the quality in bench. This might stay close but expect the lions to roar away at the end. Dont get me wrong I'd love a brumbies win but I feel people may be pounding them with their heart and money, not head.

I think the best option is going with the over 6.5 tries at $3.7 with sportsbet

Expect the brumbs to get maybe 1/2 tries. I rekon they will go more for tries than penalties, taking a leaf out of the reds playbook.

gimps_77

Over tries 6.5 at $3.5 &
    Sportsbet special of shane williams try anytime at $2.6?

Anyone keen

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail

I like the lions now tbh surely it can't be that close of a game

gimps_77

agree all over the lions. hoping its high scoring.

the coldness wont affect the lions they live for it

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

For everyone's info- I live 5 min from Canberra stadium, and it has been raining/hailing pretty damn hard for about 2 hours

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

looking at AUS soccer game tonight,, bookies removed value on result betting with aus at 1.20,, but i see a bit of value on T.Cahill anytime goalscorer at 2.20, if they are to win this game its likely he scores, hes been on fire lately being the only consistent scorer for aus but dunno if that is a good or bad thing as all good streaks come to an end..thoughts?

sando

Soccer

WCQ - Australia v Iraq

Socceroos with everything to play for as a win here means guaranteed entry into the World Cup, regardless of other results. The Aussies have been outstanding in the last two WCQ games against Asian heavyweights Japan and a hot Jordan team, putting on 5 goals and allowing only 1 (via penalty). In all fairness the socceroos actually outplayed Japan and should have won that match as well. With young guns, Tommy Oar, Tom Rogic and Robbie Kruse all in form and with pace to burn look for Oar to carve the Iraqi's up down the left edge and Kruse to test the defence with his line breaking runs and crosses from the right. If things get stale for the Socceroos then young Rogic could be injected into the midfield to add some attacking flare.

The Iraqis with nothing to play for other than pride, however there are rumours of dissention in the team and some senior players will not bu lacing on the boots for this game due to an ongoing feud with the IFF. Also key midfielder Abdul-ZahRa is suspended for this game so they are not coming in with a full strength team. Iraq is goalless in their last 3 matches and were lucky to escape with a 0-1 defeat to Japan (at home). Traditionally the Iraqis have been Australia's bogie side, but it has been a long time since they have met in a meaningful encounter where the gulf in form and team harmony is so large.

*Another bet that looks enticing is "numbers of goals exactly 2 or 3" ($2.00 @ Sportsbet)

For me this has Australia 2-0 written all over it, however if the socceroos bag an early goal like they did against Jordan and release the pressure then look for the flood gates to possibly open...?

gimps_77

For everyone's info- I live 5 min from Canberra stadium, and it has been raining/hailing pretty damn hard for about 2 hours
    radar looks like it should be gone by game time

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

socceroos should do it easy sando, I have the same play -1.5 for 2 units also a small play on Australia 3+ at $3.30 I will also be taking brett Holman first goals scorer

Rugby21

Australia to win and over 2.5 goals is 1.9 on bet365. Worth a small wager

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail

Aus -2.5 I went on as well as alittle value play aus to win 3-0

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the nerves could keep it tight early, at 0-0 HT into 2-0 FT. It is hard to see Iraq scoring, and Aus should score 2 or more goals in the second half.

bill2102
    bill2102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    I think the nerves could keep it tight early, at 0-0 HT into 2-0 FT. It is hard to see Iraq scoring, and Aus should score 2 or more goals in the second half.

Had 3 units on ht draw @ $2.5. Still think Aus win by 2 here. Taking live -1.5 @ $3 for 2.

gl all

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol australian soccer.

sando

Finally!

bill2102
    bill2102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Brazil!!!