Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

I took Japan +16.5 last week, and I'm leaning -10.5 Wales at the moment.

I watched the game, Wales were diabolical the first half, but had the class to close off the game at the end.

The one I'm more interested in is Canada v Ireland. I'm hoping for a generous start for Ireland, I reckon Canada can win straight up.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

They still showed very little in attack, Japan had a lot more chances to score and blew a couple of a kicks that probably should have been made. Having said that Navidi finally gets a deserved start for Wales, and I don't like Fujita being benched even for the captain of Japan. He is all class.

I would not be confident enough to put 4 units on a very weak walsh side, that japan team that got spanked by tonga and fiji did not have fujita, horie, tanaka and hirose.

Anyway as I've already stated i've retired from betting, I'm just posting my insight
    Last edited by davopnz; 06-14-13 at 02:17 AM.

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Apparently it's raining in Tokyo tomorrow.

davopnz

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzadude View Post
    Apparently it's raining in Tokyo tomorrow.
    then yes i'd lean towards wales and the under more.

ABs -15.5, USA ML, South Africa -27.5, Tahs +25.5 would be my plays

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by davopnz View Post
    just wondering if you saw the game last week where wales beat japan by 4 points(outscored 2 tries to 1)
    Shit - that Wales play was meant to be for 2 units. Well I never change my record/plays so Ill just let it ride (although I only have 2 units riding on it myself). I didn't watch the match no, but I understand that Japan played great and Wales was poor (at least 1st half). Unlikely to happen 2 weeks in a row. Wales 2nd string still superior to Japan's best 15.

In 700+ plays I've posted less than half a dozen 4* plays, that's the first time I've made that mistake.
    Last edited by sando; 06-14-13 at 02:28 AM.

davopnz

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    . Wales 2nd string still superior to Japan's best 15.

I would say marginally, outside of Liam Williams, Dan Biggar, Lloyd Williams/Tavis Knoyle that squad offers very little. Although I am excited to see what Navidi and Pretorious can do, with no Michael Leitch for Japan, Navidi could make it a long day at the breakdown.

Rugby21
    Rugby21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Will be backing cowboys straight win this morning, is Bowen back or is greenshields still at fb? He had a poor game last week and didn't look comfortable when the ball went up in the air. They are much better than their league position and I expect thurston to have a big game and guide the cowboys to the win

the tross
    Update your status
    the tross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6226

Im on manly line, tri bet and 13+. Seems too easy so i must be missing something. Hate going against you sando but Goodluck anyway.

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey lads firstly id like to say sorry if what I write does not make sense as im a plumber and I barley know how to use a laptop let alone have good punctuation I just type as I think. My thoughts on tonights game which is carlton vs hawthorn.... Tonight's game is interesting for me as I believe that that yes the hawks will get the job done but are carlton a chance? Well here a is what I am taking into consideration that carlton under mick malthouse are completely different side then the last few years what you will get from his game plan is effort and good tackling pressure around the ball and a structure that holds up.. but does it hold up for 4qtrs? well that's the big question mark so far as we saw last week carlton dominated the first half and Essendon really did not have any answers to the domination they were experiencing and personally for me carlton just about played there best half of footy for the year and should have never lost that game but where the issue lies for carlton is there game plan is based on pushing numbers up the ground when they are fwd of centre and trying to lock the ball in there fifty but when u turn the ball over they are very venerable on the counter, 1 thing carlton have managed to do in there 1st halves is they have been able to get back and defend but with the constant running back and forth they havet been able to sustain it for 4 qtrs and generally there opponents haven been cutting them up through the corridor or finding space which results in easy goals you cant afford to do this against a very good and well coached hawthorn team.. For carlton tonight this is the most testing month of football that they will experience this year, Essendon last week (loss) hawthorn, Sydney then the pies so I expect carlton to throw everything at the hawks tonight playing with nothing to lose, its also chris judds 250th game and the respect for this man internally of the club is enormous and no doubt in my mind I know the players will play for this champion that he has been since he has arrived at the club. So I pose these questions.. do I think hawthorn will win? yes I do.. can can carlton win? they are a very slight chance at best, can they cover the 26.5 margin? yes they defiantly can as there biggest losing margin is only 17 pts for the season, one other thing to take into account is that the hawks haven't really out in a solid 4 qtr performance all year in exception of the Sydney game, they beat Collingwood by 11 goals but there 1st half was ordinary. gold coast where they were trailing at half time and they were even equal with Melbourne at qtr time who we all know are toilet.. before I keep rabbling on tonight my concern is carltons winning form at Etihad which is 35% which is not good, hawthorn don't play there that often which may be a bonus for carlton, hawks are coming off games against GWS, Gold coast, Melbourne and they bye so they really haven't had a good hit out against a half decent opponent for a few weeks my plays for this game is CARLTON +26.5 (luxbet)1.5*, carlton +13.5 half time (luxbet) 1*, under 202.5 1* (bet365) and wire to wire any other result 1* (centrebet) GL ALL

OZnBa Fan

Also on luke breust first goal on sportsbet, if a behind is the first score of the match they will refund all losing bets on goal scoring markets up to 100$

davopnz

P.S went to school with Josh Navidi, hell of a player. Yoshikazu Fujita also went to my school. So this game means a lot for me as a rugby fan!

Michael Leitch who also plays for Japan went to my school but has a broken leg, Leitch vs Navidi woulda been an awesome battle as both are opensides and go hard at the breakdown.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

is Shane Hayne possibly the worst referee ever? theres been criticism of refs not making the tough calls when they actually count, but there was no penalty there and the nerve to give them an extra 10 too, like wtf forget the briefcase, get this man a novelty oversized cheque personally signed by des hasler

KierenRaj
    KierenRaj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Cheers for the NRL bets Sando!

Hoping Hawks can clear the handicap line now.

OZnBa Fan

Quote Originally Posted by OZnBa Fan View Post
    hey lads firstly id like to say sorry if what I write does not make sense as im a plumber and I barley know how to use a laptop let alone have good punctuation I just type as I think. My thoughts on tonights game which is carlton vs hawthorn.... Tonight's game is interesting for me as I believe that that yes the hawks will get the job done but are carlton a chance? Well here a is what I am taking into consideration that carlton under mick malthouse are completely different side then the last few years what you will get from his game plan is effort and good tackling pressure around the ball and a structure that holds up.. but does it hold up for 4qtrs? well that's the big question mark so far as we saw last week carlton dominated the first half and Essendon really did not have any answers to the domination they were experiencing and personally for me carlton just about played there best half of footy for the year and should have never lost that game but where the issue lies for carlton is there game plan is based on pushing numbers up the ground when they are fwd of centre and trying to lock the ball in there fifty but when u turn the ball over they are very venerable on the counter, 1 thing carlton have managed to do in there 1st halves is they have been able to get back and defend but with the constant running back and forth they havet been able to sustain it for 4 qtrs and generally there opponents haven been cutting them up through the corridor or finding space which results in easy goals you cant afford to do this against a very good and well coached hawthorn team.. For carlton tonight this is the most testing month of football that they will experience this year, Essendon last week (loss) hawthorn, Sydney then the pies so I expect carlton to throw everything at the hawks tonight playing with nothing to lose, its also chris judds 250th game and the respect for this man internally of the club is enormous and no doubt in my mind I know the players will play for this champion that he has been since he has arrived at the club. So I pose these questions.. do I think hawthorn will win? yes I do.. can can carlton win? they are a very slight chance at best, can they cover the 26.5 margin? yes they defiantly can as there biggest losing margin is only 17 pts for the season, one other thing to take into account is that the hawks haven't really out in a solid 4 qtr performance all year in exception of the Sydney game, they beat Collingwood by 11 goals but there 1st half was ordinary. gold coast where they were trailing at half time and they were even equal with Melbourne at qtr time who we all know are toilet.. before I keep rabbling on tonight my concern is carltons winning form at Etihad which is 35% which is not good, hawthorn don't play there that often which may be a bonus for carlton, hawks are coming off games against GWS, Gold coast, Melbourne and they bye so they really haven't had a good hit out against a half decent opponent for a few weeks my plays for this game is CARLTON +26.5 (luxbet)1.5*, carlton +13.5 half time (luxbet) 1*, under 202.5 1* (bet365) and wire to wire any other result 1* (centrebet) GL ALL
    carlton +26.5 $$
    Carlton +13.5 half time $$
    under 202.5 $$
    wire to wire $$
    up +4.5 units 4-0
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawley

KierenRaj
    KierenRaj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

carlton +26.5 $$
    under 202.5 $$
    wire to wire $$
    up +4.5 units 4-0
    Awesome calls man, keep it up

trigga50
    trigga50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

carlton +26.5 $$
    under 202.5 $$
    wire to wire $$
    up +4.5 units 4-0
    Awesome night, Keep the calls coming mate, wish I was on your side on the line tonight.

elPkay
    elPkay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

I missed all bets on games that already went down today because of work.. fml

Congrats to you guys!

OZnBa Fan, could't you use more breaks in your write ups, to make it easier to read?
    It would also be great if you would post your bets more visible when scrolling to the topic
    because I would have been unable to read the write ups (especially a wall of text ) at work,
    I sometimes just check this topics for new bets if I find the time and your bets would have gotten lost
    even If I checked in from work today.

Thanks alot guys!

Rugby21

Rugby league - England to beat the exiles tonight. Kicks off in 15mins

sando

What a surprise, another great night in NRL & another poor night in AFL. Tried to take a more conservative route with what I thought was a safe play & instead just laid a ton of juice for nothing.

AFL 0-1 -2 units

NRL 4-1 +2.47 units

OZnBa Fan

What a surprise, another great night in NRL & another poor night in AFL. Tried to take a more conservative route with what I thought was a safe play & instead just laid a ton of juice for nothing.

AFL 0-1 -2 units

NRL 4-1 +2.47 units
    Get em back today pal

sando

NRL

Eels @ Sharks
    3.5* Sharks -14 ($1.92 Sportsbet)

The dismal Eels, now minus their superstar Jarryd Hayne have to travel to Shark Park and face up to a fired up Cronulla team who are coming off a good old fashioned flogging at the hands of the Storm last round. With the return of inspirational skipper Gallen, watch the Sharkies mobile and dynamic forward pack just crush the smaller AND less mobile Eels pack, with the Sharks led by arguably the three best forwards from Origin I (Lewis, Fifita & Gallen). Carney will thrive on the space and time he gets to work his magic and I would expect to see a few of those pin point cut-out passes hitting Ryan & Co for some easy put downs on the edges. With all the negativity coming out of the Parra camp and the lack of their own inspirational leader in Hayne, this very well could be a blood bath. If they didn't deliver last week after their "week from hell", then this week could be (if possible) even more of a let down. Pound it.
    Points Awarded:

OZnBa Fan gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sando

Get em back today pal

Fantastic analysis and plays last night.

OZnBa Fan

Fantastic analysis and plays last night.
    Thanks mate, i will have some plays up shortly

Rugby21

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby21 View Post
    Rugby league - England to beat the exiles tonight. Kicks off in 15mins
    Comfy win for England 30-10 price was only 1.5 but worth taking. Had a small play n the -4 England as well. Ellis got what could be a serious back injury which isn't good for fc hope he's ok.

ThaBigG
    ThaBigG's Avatar Become A Pro!

P.S went to school with Josh Navidi, hell of a player. Yoshikazu Fujita also went to my school. So this game means a lot for me as a rugby fan!

Michael Leitch who also plays for Japan went to my school but has a broken leg, Leitch vs Navidi woulda been an awesome battle as both are opensides and go hard at the breakdown.
    Hey you must of went to St Bedes? Shame about Mike braking his leg, ive known him and his family forever.

OZnBa Fan

Richmond vs adelaide

Im just gonna give this game a quick write up as i expressed my views the other day in detail, if you would like to read click back a few pages.

There is a clear trend that is happeining in the Afl right now and that is teams that are either belted the week before or have lost a number of games in a row and have been dragged thought the mud by the media have responded with a win. By either being big underdogs or they have put a stellar performace in agianst a side that is higly rated. The teams that have fall into this catergory are:

Bulldogs - losing to goldcoast being 1-7 and respoding agaisnt st kilda with a great win
    St kilda - beating carlton after being 1-5 and were desprate for a win and got the job done, also last week nearly knocking off the eagles after being embrrassed against north melbourne
    Collingwood - had put in a consistent dismal performances agaisnt sides were they were expected to be competitive an against freo they were flattered by the score board a they trailed by 40 points at one stage and that week in melbourne the heat was really on the pies and the following week they defeated the under deafeted cats

Any way i could go on and on my personal view on todays game is that im banking on the crows to respond after as what brendon sanderson said as the worst performance at the club since he has been there in 18 months

I also dont believe that the tigers are that side that every1 thinks they are YET, they are definantly on the up but i still dont think they have turned the corner. I actually think the crows can get up today but im playing it safe

2* Adelaide +20.5 sportsbet ($1.92) got this market on wednesday
    1* over 180.5 ($1.91) bet 365
    1* jack riewoldt under 3 goals ($1.95) luxbet
    1* wire to wire - any other result ($2.15) sporstsbet

For people that may not know what wire to wire market is, there a 3 markets availble any they are:
    Richmond to lead at the end of every qtr
    Adelaide to lead at the end of every qtr
    Or any other result

Also with jack riewoldt under 3 goals i expect tahlia to go to him today, last year jack kicked 3 goal in the first qtr when rutten was on him, they switch was made at qtr time and tahlia kept him very quiet. Also tahlia is very underrated this year as they are not travelling as well as they were last year his a gun defender and keep in mind reiwoldt has to kick 4 goals to lose this bet

adding 1* to the over, perfect wheter at the g today it has also moved out to 183.5 at some books
    Last edited by OZnBa Fan; 06-14-13 at 09:40 PM.

davopnz

Quote Originally Posted by ThaBigG View Post
    Hey you must of went to St Bedes? Shame about Mike braking his leg, ive known him and his family forever.
    Sure did! Yeah definitely a shame, he's a great player. Where you from?

Wi11lliams
    Wi11lliams's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope not to get on the wrong side of the fraud squad haha.

sando

NRL

Eels @ Sharks

The dismal Eels, now minus their superstar Jarryd Hayne have to travel to Shark Park and face up to a fired up Cronulla team who are coming off a good old fashioned flogging at the hands of the Storm last round. With the return of inspirational skipper Gallen, watch the Sharkies mobile and dynamic forward pack just crush the smaller AND less mobile Eels pack, with the Sharks led by arguably the three best forwards from Origin I (Lewis, Fifita & Gallen). Carney will thrive on the space and time he gets to work his magic and I would expect to see a few of those pin point cut-out passes hitting Ryan & Co for some easy put downs on the edges. With all the negativity coming out of the Parra camp and the lack of their own inspirational leader in Hayne, this very well could be a blood bath. If they didn't deliver last week after their "week from hell", then this week could be (if possible) even more of a let down. Pound it.
    Doing well in NRL so have decided to make a small play on the Raiders/Panthers game as well. Both teams been racking up the points in the 1st Half's in the last month. In fact have decided to have a couple of small plays on today's AFL action as well. No I'm not tilting, I never tilt. Been doing this for 15+ years and I don't really care about money anyway. I do care about winning however.

NRL

1.1* Raiders v Panthers 1st Half Over 20.5 ($1.90 Bet365)

AFL

1* Tigers 1-39 ($2.00 Sportingbet)

1.5* Bombers (lead end of every quarter) ($1.70 Sportingbet)
    1* Bombers 40+ ($2.15 Luxbet)

Rugby - Internationals

Wales @ Japan
    4* Wales -9.5 ($1.90 Sportsbet) - A mistake. Was meant to be a 2 unit play.

Wales without the majority of their 1st 15, who are off on Lions duty are effectively fielding their 2nd 15 in this match in Japan and yet the depth of Wales rugby is such that they should still crush the "brave blossoms" who recenty lost to @ home to Tonga by 10 and backed that up with a touch up from Fiji 2 weeks ago .

Tonga @ USA (PNC)
    1* USA m/l ($2.20 Sportingbet)

The Eagles and US rugby are on the rise as evidenced by a recent 3 point loss against Ireland in what was the biggest crowd ever to attend a Rugby match in the US (20,000) and they managed to keep the tier 1 Irish side try less for the full 80 minutes (albeit an Irish side missing their Lions players). The US backed this up with a solid 9-16 defeat in Canada against the in-form Canucks. The Tongans also recently lossed to Canada and now pay the price for their ill disciplined performance with 3 key players un-available for this match.
    France @ NZ
    2.5* France +16.5 ($1.95 Pinnacle)

Les Bleus always seem to lift against the All Blacks throwing their 6 nations form out the window, with a solid 10 point loss in the 1st test and backing that up with a flogging of the Blues (Super Rugby) 38-15 during the week, with the only player backing up from the 1st test - Maxime Medard, just unstoppable as he carved up the Blues throughout the match. The Frenchies will be even stronger this time around with a handful of club players that were Unavailable in the 1st Test coming into the side. This years AB's haven't shown enough to warrant a 16.5 point start.

Samoa v Italy
    1.5* Samoa -7.5 (Pinnacle $1.99)

gimps_77
    gimps_77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 688

bet365 now have usa into -1.5

sando

USA been hammered into $1.85 favourites now against Tonga.

davopnz

Love USA sando.

France - Can't comment, they outplayed us big time last week but we still won by 10, abs usually dont have two bad games in a row but Christchurch is certainly one of our weak links. it's overcast and there is a sea mist brewing outside....probably a memorable match coming up to like abs/ireland last year. France is probably the play.

Not sure about Samoa, a VERY weak scottish team were good against them for 60 minutes, Italy is a lot better than that Scottish team and they will contest the set piece heavily, They were awful against SA in the first half but outplayed them for a good 30 minutes before Habana cut them open again.

I think NSW +24.5 against the lions is a gem, they've named a strong team. 7 days before the lions play the wallabies, this will be about getting the job done and no more.
    Points Awarded:

sando gave davopnz 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ThaBigG
    ThaBigG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sure did! Yeah definitely a shame, he's a great player. Where you from?
    I'm from chch, but went to papanui high. Now living in the Gold Coast.

OZnBa Fan

added a unit to the over in the richmond game lads

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

NRL

Eels @ Sharks

Bold play mate.
    Carney was absolutely terrible last week - he missed some very easy tackles that led to Storm tries.
    He may bounce back this week, but if Stuart has half a brain, he'd be sending MoiMoi, Mannah and Maitua right at Todd all game.
    Not sure if his form was just a once off, but he could be on the piss again and in a form slump.
    And the problem with the Sharks is, if Carney bombs, who is going to take up the slack? Robson? John Morris?
    The Sharks' centres are also terrible defenders, so the Eels may be able to score a few points.

The Eels team resembles one put together from bits and pieces from a Smith Family store.
    Terepo? Wiliame? Who are these guys?
    Reni Maitua comes back into the team after sitting out last week because he got told to get on his bike at season's end.
    Will he be fired up or just going through the motions?
    The other notable inclusion is Ben Roberts on the bench - which bodes well for the Sharks as he is absolutely terrible.
    Another factor going against the Eels is that the Sharks will be looking for revenge after the round 5 upset the Eels sprung on them.

Sharp line for mine - I think the Sharks' backrow will dominate, but I expect lots of points from both teams.

Interesting fact:

The Eels (0-6) are the only side yet to win away this season, losing each match by an average of 23 points.

First ... 164165166167168169170 ... Last