h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Titans smashed them good! Thanks for the play!

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

sando we killed the bookies
    I had Jamal to score anytime @$2.20 sucks that could not happen it was his 100th game

Anyway the aus cappers strike again

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Sando my mate big cash on your biggest play posted? Either way ripper play as always.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

props to rabbitbrew for the netball winners, loving the handicapping fellowship that is growing here lets keep it up,

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

loving this thread havent chirped in for a while lets keep the aussie domination going..
    Realdeal hope things a well pal.. have you had much luck in the afl?

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Quote Originally Posted by OZnBa Fan View Post
    loving this thread havent chirped in for a while lets keep the aussie domination going..
    Realdeal hope things a well pal.. have you had much luck in the afl?
    hey mate good to hear from you, this thread is awesome - all credit to Sando without his incredible plays/analysis we wouldn't have such a great forum thread. Afl has been alright, nothing too great though - i had an awesome NAB Cup. How are you travelling?

OZnBa Fan

yer it has been really good, since u and sando had a break from nba sorta jumped off for a while and just got back on recently which im glad to cause sando been killing it and also a few others in here with there tips, i have been going pretty good on the AFL latley its definantly my number 1 sport. You got much thoughts on game 7? id like to think the heat get it done but i dont say it with great confidence

ExodusNZ
    ExodusNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1314

Great call on the Titans!! Pity I wasnt near my phone/computer today to tail

kizzab112
    kizzab112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

This is a great thread good to see the aussies getting around it. Anyone got predictions for game 7 in the NBA? thinking of just going with hibbert on the over in points been dominating the paint and cant see that being slowed down by miamis weak front court. Anyone here good with MLB picks or does everyone steer clear??? thanks again for this thread its sick as.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail

I do MLB but I don't think I'm consistent enough yet to post my plays often but if you want to know tomorrow games

Arizona
    Detroit
    Atlanta

Just some of my picks anyway don't want to clog this thread

kizzab112
    kizzab112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

yeah baseball is a tough one but if u get it right pays well. Yeah i had detroit today as they had lost 3-4 in a row. Ok ill give them go cheers mate.

Rabbitbrew
    Rabbitbrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2333

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Rabbitbrew - Netball super capper.
    I'm only 11-3.
    When I'm at 20-5 I'll take that moniker!

Or I'll go tout like Roxxyfish.

NOT!!!!!!!!

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Sorry boys I've been a bit AWOL. Posted my biggest (SBR) play ever today (4.5 units) on the Titans and they saluted comfortably. Hope some of you jumped on it. Sorry I couldn't get another write up out, I know many dont like to tail without knowing the reason, especially suck a large play (as my average play is around 1-2 units) but I worked all night and then had to go to my old house in the morning to get some work done there. Painfully banged out a solid write up on my phone only to have SBR reject it as I tried to post it... Deep breaths... Don't smash phone...

Was on the Roos again today, and was glad to see AussieH post the play as well, so hopefully some tailed him on that one. Boomers 350th and the circumstances of the last few weeks always meant the poor old Saints were gonna cop it from a fired up Roos squad (Brad Scott was punishing them at training this week). Didn't get home in time to post the play (and of course won't add it to my spreadsheet).

Just a heads up, probably not touching Monday night AFL as the Tigers are just such a hard team to read. Their best is scintillating, however their worst is horrible. Tough team to pick ATS (+ or -) in my opinion. I am however very interested in Monday night football (NRL) where I have had great success in my last few MNF play's and will quite possibly be posting a play in that. Also will have a play or two for Wenesday's game 1 (state of Origin) - the greatest sporting event on the planet???

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitbrew View Post
    I'm only 11-3.
    When I'm at 20-5 I'll take that moniker!

Or I'll go tout like Roxxyfish.

NOT!!!!!!!!
    I'd say your pretty sharp mate, I've lost interest in posting any Netball plays myself as I'm too worried of clashing with your plays haha. It's your write-ups that show such an in depth knowledge of the sport. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    Wombat Nation (or Team Wombat)

based on the "down under" joke based on
    the dictionary def'n of wombat: a creature that "eats roots and leaves"

in our case a punctuation modification is called for: a creature that "eats, ROOTS...and leaves"

_____
    I've been killing most of the UFC cards lately with a fairly-mechanical "line observation" filter to disqualify plays that are better off missed. I end up with a handful of ML value-dog plays and one manually-rolled parlay of value-faves.

In the same tentative spirit of onthefence...it's not really ready for prime time...but as it only involves one post a few hours b4 a fight-card...if it's ok with Sando...i'll stik my Wombat neck out.
    Wombat Nation - has a nice ring to it, I like it.

Absolutely post your MMA plays mate, nobody else does in this thread except myself. Early on this thread was dominated by MMA discussion with myself, Shotgun Rua and Southmadj all posting plays and arguing the merits of various fighters. Been on a tear myself with MMA lately so hopefully you and I can bounce off each other. I love the fight game, used to write about MMA for a big website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Sando, it seems you accidentally marked your Port Adelaide -13.5 bet as a win on your spreadsheet. BOL with your NRL play today.

Yeah your absolutely right mate, I'll fix it now. I accidentally hit the win button when I was grading other plays (and the Port match had just started) and I couldn't figure out how to "remove the win", so I thought I'll sort it out after the game and had hoped it was a good omen - Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings4590 View Post
    Do any American sports book have netball?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitbrew View Post

Not that I'm aware of. Bet365 might be the closest to an international bookie that has netball markets.
    ^ This.

Netball has a surprisingly healthy following in the US (there is even a USA Netball Association) however unfortunately as a wagering sport there is very little activity outside AUS/NZ & England. Bet 365 is actually IMO the best site for Netball wagering, I love to live trade on Netball and Bet365 is the only site with constant live markets that don't get suspended. Netball is very similar to basketball in that it is a game of runs, although the runs tend to be significantly smaller than in basketball, hence live trading is a great option if you pick your spots. I don't remember if Bet365 accepts US customers, however I know some English books do and that would be your only other option. Definitely worth looking into as Netball is a great sport to bet on and Rabbitbrew appears to be very knowledgeable in the sport. (His picks so far have been $$ in the bank)

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    Sando my mate big cash on your biggest play posted? Either way ripper play as always.

As I mentioned earlier this guy is my partner in crime. We stay in contact constantly throughout the week dissecting games and many of my plays are a collaboration between the two of us.

Vikings4590
    Vikings4590's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sando, thank you for your please and for being so cool about other capers putting their plays up in the same thread. Never watched NRL or AFL but I have to say they are exciting sports to watch. Appreciate it again.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by burkestar View Post
    props to rabbitbrew for the netball winners, loving the handicapping fellowship that is growing here lets keep it up,
    got it..."Fellowship Of the Ka-ching"...with the cool acronym, FOK

OZnBa Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings4590 View Post
    Sando, thank you for your please and for being so cool about other capers putting their plays up in the same thread. Never watched NRL or AFL but I have to say they are exciting sports to watch. Appreciate it again.
    Afl is the best sport on the planet

Vikings4590
    Vikings4590's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OZnBa Fan View Post
    Afl is the best sport on the planet
    It definitely does not lack action. constantly up and down game, will be watching more of it for sure.

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!

For those interested, TW is running a promotion for the state of origin.
    Please note I am not trying to advertise for him lol. There's other promotions from the other bookies but don't seem worth mentioning besides the below 2

NSW- Back the blues and if Inglis or Thaiday score, You'll get your money back
    QLD- Back the Maroons and if QLD loses the penalty count, you get your money back.

Centrebet- Money back if Jarred Hayne or Slater scores a try

onthefence
    onthefence's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
    Claremont 1-39 @ 2.85
    Claremont have quite a few injuries right now, while the Lions have been building form. No way Subiaco win this one but I think they'll keep it close.
    Subi ended up pulling off a massive upset. They were paying 7.80 for the win IIRC. I knew they were going to give it a massive shot but I'm still amazed they got up. That was only Claremont's second loss of the year. I rarely stray from line betting so I'm kicking myself, they were a cert at +48.5.

At least I know I'm still reading it pretty well.

the tross
    Update your status
    the tross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6226

Thanks for the winners rabbitbrew. So in love with netball right now.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Monday Night Football

NRL

NZ @ Brisbane

Broncos
    Tough to beat at home. Underrated and plenty of talent coming through from the juniors led by super "ranga" Jack Reed (who is currently out injured). More importantly the Broncos have lost 4 key players to origin duty, none more important than X-factor Justin Hodges, they are simply such a more dynamic/dangerous team with him on the park. The Broncos biggest strength is their mobile, skillful and dynamic pack and it has been completely gutted with Thaiday, Parker and Gillett all away on origin duty.

The biggest challenge clubs face against the Warriors week in and week out is how to match up against their monster forward pack, and the Broncos will now field a very average pack against the likes of Rapira, Packer, Mannering, Mateo and Taylor. So strong is the Warriors pack they Matulino and Lillyman are coming of the bench. Of course as talented as the Warriors pack is, very rarely do they "put it all together" at the same time, and as great individually as all these forwards are they can at times be prone to the most basic of errors. Last week the massive Bulldogs pack ran rampant over the Broncos (and that was with Thaiday, Gillett and Parker in the team), so how will they fare this week against an equally gigantic pack and now fielding some 2nd tier players in their pack?

Warriors
    On paper the Warriors have arguably the most talented list in the NRL and this same list took them to a grand final appearance only 2 years ago.They still have all the key players (other than Maloney) and as always talented rookies coming through from the juniors, led by "the Hurricane" Conrad Hurrell who has been recalled from the Auckland Vulcans where he has been residing for the last month after getting dropped for his poor defensive efforts.

This is what I really like - as unpredictable as the Warriors are week in/week out, one thing is for sure - they are a big time momentum team. When they made the GF in 2011 they were sitting on 7-8 halfway through the season before storming home with upset after upset as their momentum carried them all the way to the big one. Last week the Warriors were sensational, shutting down the dangerous Knights attack in the 2nd half and keeping them scoreless. Ominously two of the Kiwi's genuine game breakers (Vatuvei and Mateo) were sensational with Feleti running for 228 metres. The Warriors posses more potential game breakers than any other club in the NRL with Johnson, Mateo, Vatuvei, Hurrell and Kevin Locke all capable of turning a game on its head with individual acts of brilliance.

If this wasn't the warriors we were dealing with then this would be a pound 'em play, probably 4 or 5 units, but unfortunately due to the unpredictable nature of the Warriors and Brisbane's strong home form then we have to play it more conservatively and stick with 3 units (max). The odds should say it all here, I mean when was the last time the Warriors opened as a favourite on the road anywhere?? Exactly...

So yes the Warriors have been a poor road team however as I mentioned earlier they will be "up" after last weeks effort and need this game bad with a tough stretch of games coming up, this game is very very winnable for the Warriors who are coming in against a "baby Bronco's" team that was pathetic last week.
    -41 missed tackles
    -10 errors
    -9 conceded panalties

and their two best players (Parker and Hodges) are also their two biggest metre eaters, running for a combined 262 metres last week alone. Try giving up 41 missed tackles against the Warrios and see what happens with their plethora of game breakers, none more damaging than the games most dangerous offloader - Feleti Mateo (no not SBW) Feleti hits the line hard and has the innate ability to spin and offload so quickly and from positions where he is seemingly locked up, and you give him a couple of missed tackles and wach out. You miss Kevin Locke and he is... gone - miss the tackle = try, killer speed and lethal left foot step means he can't be caught. I could keep going about what happens when you give Shaun Johnson too much time and space with his kit bag of dummies, goose steps, ball fakes and cut out passes or how Hurrell can bust through any line if he gets "a head up" as can Vatuvei "the Beast" who is a horrible, horrible player when he is down on confidence but watch out everybody when his confidence is up. As always Manu will get tested by high balls, if he takes a couple of those early on with no errors then his confidence will boom and he will destroy you down the left edges.

So yeah I'm hyping up the Warriors big time, and to those that aren't overly familiar with NRL they probably sound like the most dangerous team ever - well just let me put it in perspective for you. The Warriors are a very very talented team with poor leadership, average management and (at best) average coaching who constantly make stupid decisions and have way too high error counts - HOWEVER occasionally they "put it all together" and when they do get a bit of momentum going they can beat anyone, yes ANY team in the NRL. So last weeks effort was only 1 game you say? How can you say they have "momentum" we'll again let me put in in perspective - the Warriors are such a bad 2nd half team that it has been nearly two years since they held a team scoreless after HT until last w/e. Scoring points has never been the problem, it's stopping them (especially late in games).

I'm done now, cant be bothered writing anymore. best of luck everyone.

3* Warriors m/l ($1.94, -106 Sportsbet)

The Problem
    The Problem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Rate the writeup! I'm on NZ heavy as well as the over! GL

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Great write up on the warriors, with mannering out, I think that helps. Although we havent won back to back this season, yeah the warriors are a good bet.

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Are you sure about Mannering being out gopolks?

spookycloud
    Update your status
    spookycloud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Picks look promising Sando. What is your overall record do you keep track of it?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Have not heard a word about Mannering missing the game?

Reed is also rumoured to be returning tonight.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by spookycloud View Post
    Picks look promising Sando. What is your overall record do you keep track of it?
    just back up a wee bit...Sando keeps accurate, comprehensive sport-specific records

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

Rumoured Broncos lineup.

http://broncoshq.com/showthread.php/...cussion/page11

1. Corey Norman
    2. Aaron Whitchurch
    3. Josh Hoffman
    4. Jack Reed
    5. Jordan Kahu
    6. Scott Prince
    7. Ben Hunt
    8. Josh McGuire
    9. Peter Wallace
    10. Scott Anderson
    11. Alex Glenn (c)
    12. Andrew McCullough
    13. Dunamis Lui/Nick Slyney

Can we really trust the warriors away from home? On paper they should be Top 3 Team in the NRL but they are also the dumbest team in this competition.

OZnBa Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sweepem View Post
    Rumoured Broncos lineup.

http://broncoshq.com/showthread.php/...cussion/page11

1. Corey Norman
    2. Aaron Whitchurch
    3. Josh Hoffman
    4. Jack Reed
    5. Jordan Kahu
    6. Scott Prince
    7. Ben Hunt
    8. Josh McGuire
    9. Peter Wallace
    10. Scott Anderson
    11. Alex Glenn (c)
    12. Andrew McCullough
    13. Dunamis Lui/Nick Slyney

Can we really trust the warriors away from home? On paper they should be Top 3 Team in the NRL but they are also the dumbest team in this competition.
    In sando we trust

onthefence
    onthefence's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
    I probably don't deserve my own thread so I'll start posting my WAFL plays in here. Looks like a few others are doing the same thing.

Claremont 1-39 @ 2.85
    Claremont have quite a few injuries right now, while the Lions have been building form. No way Subiaco win this one but I think they'll keep it close.

West Perth -10.5 @ 1.90
    East Perth have struggled for form this year on the back of their alignment with West Coast. West Perth are one of the form sides of the comp. East Perth have rung the changes this week which will hurt them against a stable falcons side. West Perth win this one easily.
    From leading by 18 points at 3pt West Perth didn't kick a goal in the last quarter to lose by 19 points. Similar finish to the WA Day game last year where East Perth came back late to grab a draw.

Round 11
    0-2 -2 units

Total
    0-2 -2 units

gopolks

That is what our media said yesterday

gopolks

Edited, just seen that mannering is playing.

gopolks

Wtf, mannering is playing!!!! So sorry for the false info.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail

Was 50/50 then tailed sando hard woop woop

First ... 153154155156157158159 ... Last