sheepz
    sheepz's Avatar Become A Pro!

try google,

netball is basicly basketball but you can't bounce nor move when you have the bal.. Mainly a womens sport
    AFL is Aussie rules (australian football league) youtube it, great sport

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Thanks man

Crowing Capers
    Crowing Capers's Avatar Become A Pro!

on fire Sando. farkin brilliant punting form at moment.
    Hope your 2 withdrawals you had were with CB. They are a mob of dogs, restricted me on player props like the bunch of clowns they are. Punt with other books but love betting PYOL they have.
    didnt bet it but geez Power got some momentum and spirit going at moment.
    me being a Spurs man has been on Spurs all series but loved your confidence on your 4 unit Spurs play.bet accordingly

Sando keep staying low key man , whatever you doing its working . cheers, owe you a few paleys

you tip Netball, we will bet it. Sando hot as farkkkk at moment

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

NBA

Indiana @ Atlanta
    1.5* Over 188 (-106 Pinnacle)

...pending from yesterday

OKC @ Houston
    3* Rockets +1 (+102 Pinnacle)
    (Rockets will start favourites - guaranteed).

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Rockets are starting favourites.

sando

Wow what a game going on in Chicago. Little Nate just carving them up.

OKC @ Houston

So the thought process is pretty simple in this one. You take the NBA's most dynamic 1-2 punch and tear it in half and things could get ugly. Firstly you (OKC) now have to come up with an extra 23.2 points per game and secondly Houston's defence (as transparent as it is) can now swarm Durant and force others to make their shots. Yes the Rockets also have to make adjustments to their game plan, but coach McHale is no idiot, you will probably find that not only does Houston actually play a bit of D in this game but that Durant gets double teamed all game long and others (Martin, Ibaka) will have to step up. Durant can't cover the entire scoring load by himself. Sure he can score 50+ on any given night but he cannot do that every night and the entire team will need to contribute to take this game. What I am actually most excited about is that Harden finally showed up last game after a bunch of poor performances against his old mob, yes his fg and 3pt %'s were pretty average but importantly he beat his man off the dribble, got into the lane with ease and got to the line regularly finishing with an impressive 36/11/6 stat line. The Rockets as a team shot horribly (39.6% and 28.6% (3)) and yet still led with 2.42 to go on another Harden drive and lay up. The rebounding differential was massive - +17 in the Rockets favour and with Westbrook down this may only get worse as he is the best rebounding pg in the league (behind Rondo) and averages over 5 per game. The Rockets are too dynamic a team to get swept in this series and with Westbrook down they may just be able to smell the blood in the water?

Not posting any prop bets but I have crunched some stats just for scoring and these are the ones that stand out to me.

Teague Over 16
    Hibbert Under 14
    Harden Over 27.5
    George Over 19
    Last edited by sando; 04-27-13 at 05:16 PM.

sando

UFC 159

2.5* Big Country Nelson (-232)
    Kongo is a KO artist and Nelson has an iron chin.
    2* Jones v Sonnen Over 1.5 (-185)
    1* McKenzie (+169)
    0.5* Magalhaes (+235)

sando

Great start to the UFC card with Mckenzie a dominant 30-27 winner over Garcia @ +169!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Tailing the big country chalk, do me good sando!

sando

NBA 2nd Half Play

1.5* Pacers -5.5 (Evens Pinnacle)

Ausspunter
    Ausspunter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Long time reader and admirer, first time poster. I have taken Sando's play on the rockets and gone a bit riskier by doing a halftime/fulltime with a fairly nice wager. Wish me luck.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Amazing write up on the Houston game Sando. Looks like all of it isn't happening though. Rockets might lose by 50. Holy cow...

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Amazing write up on the Houston game Sando. Looks like all of it isn't happening though. Rockets might lose by 50. Holy cow...
    Cheers mate, seems like every time I do a write up the play loses. Maybe I should just stick to posting plays?

Well it look's like its going to be a rough day in the NBA, I guess I was due for one?

AFL

Melbourne @ Brisbane
    1.5* Demons +33.5 ($1.93 Bet 365)

NRL

Newcastle @ Gold Coast
    1* Titans -4 ($1.97 Bet 365)

sando

Big Country easy first round winner, hope you made some nice coin Vinnie.

Good day so far in the UFC hitting my 2 big plays with 1 to go and only losing my 0.5 unit speculator on Magalhaes. If the Sonnen/Jones over 1.5 hits should just anout cover any NBA losses, although the Rockets are mounting a comeback at the moment...?

sando

Wow serious money coming in at Pinny for Jones/Sonnen Over 1.5 - pounded into -263!

Rabbitbrew
    Rabbitbrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2333

Nice cover in the Bris/Melb game.

Free kick to Mel when Bris had the ball. Take it!

Thunderbirds not only covered but won outright.

Great day for me.

sando

NBA

SA @ LA Lakers
    2* Spurs-11 (-105)
    1* Over 189 (-111)

No suprise that I'm playing the Spurs again, obviously I'm sold on this team. There will be no taking the foot of the gas. The message from coach Pop will be finish them, no mercy, lets wrap it up and get some rest. Obviously with an older team the Spurs need to get as much rest as possible for a deep run into the playoffs. As a Lakers fan I'm ready to endure a long few seasons of rebuilding. Get rid of Dwight and lets begin the rebuild. Don't like his attitude...

sando

NBA

Denver @ GS
    1.5* Over 211 (-110 Pinnacle)

Netball

Northern Mystics @ Southern Steel
    1.5* Steel -4.5 ($1.90 Sportingbet)
    This play is from my Netball man Mr. Rabbitbrew, although I was going to play it as well but haven't previously posted any Netball plays on SBR. Do I really follow Netball? Absolutely. I'm fascinated by the speed and physicality the ladies play with and will watch the games when time allows. The Speep are a better team than their 1-3 record shows (similar to North Melbourne in the AFL), and the Mystics have regressed big time this year after showing steady improvement over each of the last 3 seasons culminating in a second place finish last year. The Mystics have been belted in 3 of their 4 losses this year, and the 4th loss was against perrenial cellar dwellers the Tactix who are the worst team in Netball. Only available to Aussies, sorry. You will not find Netball outside of Australian books.
    Points Awarded:

Rabbitbrew gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Lakey gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

What's up Sando Glad to see you came back man. You are a good, knowledgable capper. Just wanted to say welcome back. I hope the betting has been good for you. I don't come in here often, I barely have time to get my own thread current. Always hope you do well, hope the family is well, talk to ya soon brotha...
    Points Awarded:

sando gave Dmoneytx 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sando

2-1 in the NBA for +1.75 units.

Nice bounce back from yesterday, where Durant and his amazing/lucky/bullshit 3 killed the Rockets comeback.

Got an NRl play still pending for tonight. This is my favourite NRL play of the round...

Parramatta @ Penrith
    2* Eels -1.5 ($1.92 Sportsbet)

sheepz
    sheepz's Avatar Become A Pro!

random question, guessing your aussie bc your betting on AFL lol,

do you use 5dimes? almost built up points for $70 credit from here and working out what other book to use. Currently using sportsbet.com.au

any dramas getting money on or off them?

sando

Quote Originally Posted by sheepz View Post
    random question, guessing your aussie bc your betting on AFL lol,

do you use 5dimes? almost built up points for $70 credit from here and working out what other book to use. Currently using sportsbet.com.au

any dramas getting money on or off them?
    Well technically I'm half American and half Australian as my day's American and I have duel citizenship, but I live in AUS (SA) eat pies, wear thongs and drink ale, so yeah I'm an Aussie haha.

I have an account with 5dimes but don't use it, I find there is nothing 5D can offer that Pinnacle can't, however you can get reduced juice (-105) lines from 5D so definitely a good option for your free $$ if Pinny isn't available?

You will have no dramas withdrawing or depositing to either 5D or Pinny, they are massive books. Personally I have about a dozen accounts so I use a middle man (Moneybookers) to smoothly transfer between accounts, for example if one account gets too low and another one is loaded, I'll swing money from one to the other via Moneybookers. If I make a withdrawal from Pinny it shows up at Moneybookers within an hour or two which is very impressive.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

that black shooter for the steel is a beast.

very nervous about the eels tonight, a lot of public love

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Sportsbet had Steel at -3.5

Multied them into the Eels/Panthers OVER 42.5 for tonight.

Chuck us some MLB tips when you get a chance dude.

Thanks!

sando

Ok gonna have a crack at updating some of my records for the following sports. Other than the occasional Netball play I won't be posting plays in any other sports.

AFL
    NBA
    MLB
    MMA
    and NRL

I have given up on posting tennis plays. Started my SBR "career" on fire in tennis and quickly smashed my way up to 30+ units, which is one of the main reasons this thread got so big, so quick, however it all fell apart pre and post Australia Open and I not only gave back the 30+ units but probably finished around -10 units down. There are far too many plays for me to be bothered figuring out the exact record but at worst it would be -10 units, at best just above even.

AFL

20-10 +9.48 units

A perfect 4-0 w/e taking my SBR record to 20-10 and up about 10 units. I went a couple of weeks where I didn't post my AFL plays and completely killed it hitting big m/l dog winners on Port in the showdown and Carlton at West Coast, so all up am already almost 20 units up on the season. I Have never had a losing season in AFL and this year will be no different. It is (for me) the easiest sport in the world to break down from a sports betting point of view and in my delusions of self grandeur I believe I am one of the top 10 AFL cappers in the world. Is that an arrogant statement? Of course it is, but I call it as I see it, always have.

NRL

2-6-2 -4.21 units
    *1 play pending (Eels -1.5)

Pretty average start to the NRL season, but I'm confident of turning things around. I grew up in Sydney and have been following league for 24 years. I'm 34 and was playing juniors for Redfern (Souths) at 6. My first memory of league is the legendary '88 grand final and I have been following it ever since. Haven't had the same success with league that I've had with AFL and NBA, but I have had winning seasons 2 of the last 3 years, so hoping to turn things around this season.

MLB

12-8 +9.42 units

I'm a rookie at MLB capping so perhaps it's just beginners luck? Last year was the first season I got seriously into baseball and I mainly tailed someone else but also dabbled with my own plays. This is the first season I am having a serious crack at the MLB by myself, however I don't have an awful lot of time to put into it as I'm so busy with my main sports (NBA, AFL) and too a lesser extent NRL, Netball, MMA/Boxing and tennis. Just don't have the spare time to spend on MLB research.

MMA/Boxing

11-13 +12.74

So how can I be 11-13 and still be up units? Well it's because I play a lot of big dogs and also I have hit pretty much all my big (2.5 units and over) plays when laying lots of juice as well as quite a few of those losses being 0.5 unit speculators on big dogs. Would have a sensational record if it wasn't for 1 disastrous MMA card when I couldn't buy a winner to save my life. As far as knowledge goes I used to be a featured columnist on MMA for Bleacher Report. I have been following MMA since pre-UFC 1 and I am a completely tragic and life long boxing fan. Oh and I've also trained myself, dabbling in both boxing and MMA. So that's my "fight" resume.

Netball

1-0 +1.35 units

Well a great start to my Netball posting as the Steel absolutely crushed the Mystics by 15 goals (which is a lot) making me a nice and shiny 1-0 on SBR. (For the year am I now 6-0) I am very very selective with Netball and rarely play more than 1 game a week (sometimes none).

NBA

Ok so all that's left to do is the big one - NBA - but for now I am out of time so I'll hopefully do it tomorrow. I can say that I am on a pretty nice run since I started posting plays again (3 days before the play-offs started). Currently on a 31-15 run.
    Points Awarded:

aussieH gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JM92 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

went against my better judgement on that eels game, got raped along with the public

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

League is too hard to bet, games can go either way, the comp is too tough. heck the warriors might even win a game. (I live in hope)

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Sando, just a quick tip for future reference:

Stay away from the Eels if Ben Roberts is playing.

sando

NBA Dog Day

Ok not f**king around today. I've got some strong opinions and I will act on them.

OKC @ Houston
    2.5* Rockets m/l (+101 Pinnacle)
    Rockets dominated at least 60% of the last game and still lost. If not for such a horrible start and a miracle KD 3 at the end of regulation (that bounced 3 times on the rim and nearly hit the top of the backboard before dropping in ) the Rockets would have won easily. So OKC continued the "1st game after injury without your star" trend that has been so prevalent this season, however I do not see it happening again. I remain confident the Rockets will not get swept.

Indiana @ Atlanta
    2* Pacers m/l (+110 Sportingbet)
    Bounce back game for the Pacers. They were embarrased badly last game. This is a team that has been playing with a "chip on their shoulder" all season. They are a superior team to Atlanta, this cannot be disputed. I expect them to come out fired up after that pathetic 69 point effort in game 3.
    Last edited by sando; 04-29-13 at 11:14 AM.

nocode1
    nocode1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

Agree with both bets also.....

I also like the overs in both games, can't see tha pacers shoot that poor percentage again and Atlanta at home put up some good points.
    Houston need to score around the 106-110 point mark to beat okc who will put up at least 100 with that disgusting Houston D.

Just my thoughts.

Also might start posting some afl from this week on if that's cool.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still can't take a team that lives and dies by the three for most of the time on 50% odds. I will also be on the pacers though. They are the better team no doubt, and from their speeches that seemed to be some awakening in them after that game 3. They should make a huge statement. Gl man

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see you on Rockets as well , I will take +7,5 points for them @1.31

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Well technically I'm half American and half Australian as my day's American and I have duel citizenship, but I live in AUS (SA) eat pies, wear thongs and drink ale, so yeah I'm an Aussie haha.

No pictures of thongs required sando...

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post

No pictures of thongs required sando...
    HAha I forgot - cultural difference. In Kangaroo land thongs are footwear, and those flimsy pieces of female underwear are called G-strings or G-bangers. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by nocode1 View Post

Also might start posting some afl from this week on if that's cool.
    Absolutely mate, the more AFL heads the better. Still early in the season and there is lot's of money to be made.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Ugh here we go again with the fukkin pacers....

First ... 139140141142143144145 ... Last