sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Terrible day in both Tennis and the NBA. Ice cold at the moment. Have put so much work into the tennis last couple of days, so obviously very upset with the results. Will update my records a bit later, need to take a break and clear my head so I can move forward with a positive frame of mind. I am playing my biggest NBA bet of the season tomorrow so thought I would post it early if anyone is interested.

NBA Friday

Minnesota @ NO
    Hornets -2 (-108, $1.92 IAS/Sportsbet) 4x
    *Will do a full write up explaining my thoughts/reasoning behind this pick a bit later.
    Adding...

SA @ Memphis
    Grizzlies -1.5 (-107, $1.93 Pinnacle) 1.5

Phoenix @ Brooklyn
    Nets -7.5 (-106, $1.94 Pinnacle) 1.5x

Houston @ Boston
    Celtics -3 (-105, $1.95 Pinnacle) 1x

Cleveland @ Denver

Cav's +12 (-104, $1.96 Pinnacle) 1x

NBA Totals

Cleveland @ Denver
    Over 205.5 (-105, $1.95 Pinnacle) 1x

OKC @ LA Lakers
    Under 216 (-105, $1.95 Pinnacle) 1x

Last edited by sando; 01-11-13 at 05:39 PM.
    Points Awarded:

humble gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adding...

SA @ Memphis

Phoenix @ Brooklyn

Houston @ Boston

Cleveland @ Denver

NBA Totals

Cleveland @ Denver

OKC @ LA Lakers

Gl mate

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I think the rockets will give the celtics fits...not a good matchup there, they really struggle against young athletic teams

sando

Terrible day in both Tennis and the NBA. Ice cold at the moment. Have put so much work into the tennis last couple of days, so obviously very upset with the results. Will update my records a bit later, need to take a break and clear my head so I can move forward with a positive frame of mind. I am playing my biggest NBA bet of the season tomorrow so thought I would post it early if anyone is interested.

NBA Friday

Minnesota @ NO
    Hornets -2 (-108, $1.92 IAS/Sportsbet) 4x
    *Running way behind, no time for anything more than a brief analysis, sorry. Massive contrasts between the two sides with the horribly cursed T-Wolves just losing their main man in Love again for 8-10 weeks? Whereas the Hornets have basically a full list to play with now, and most importantly they have their closer and (potential) superstar in Gordon back in the mix and suprisingly he has looked good from his very first game back. T-Wolves coming off the wrong side of a demolition job in OKC in their last game and have now lost 6 of their last 10. Hornets on the other hand coming off an epic win over red hot Houston where they held the Rockets to just 79 points in a 9 point come from behind win. This team has potential written all over it, with 4 solid pieces already in place (Anderson, Davis, Vasquez and Gordon), and all of them under 25, they just need to add a few glue guys and a couple of solid bench pieces and they can be a force in the East within the next year or two. The T-Wolves are just the unluckiest team in the NBA, with SO much talent, yet virtually impossible to keep them healthy and on the floor at the same time. While the Hornets go into this one with a full list, 2 days to train, prepare and rest for this game and coming off the back of 3 straight wins, the T-wolves are coming in banged up, with today's injury list including Love, Barea, Roy, Lee, Budinger and Hayward. They are in terrible form for a .500 team (16-16 record) and they are up against a team that is full of confidence right now after 3 solid wins in a row over the MAv's, Spur's and Rockets. Nola owns Texas right now. Anyway a young, talented and confident team is a dangerous team, and while I am worried about the damage a bigger Pekovic can do to Lopez, overall I do not see how this banged up Wolves team can come in to Nola and escape with a win here. Vasquez might not be a big name like Rubio but he is running things smoothly, averaging over 9 assists per game and proving to be a dangerous scorer himself. Rare that the T-Wolves are outmatched in the backcourt with their super depth at 1 and 2, however with JJ and Roy (still) out, leaving only Ridnour, Schved and Rubio (who just seems to be constantly battling injuries) to battle Gordon and Vasquez, I'd say the advantage is actually with the Hornets here in the backcourt. Only areas that the Wolves look dangerous to me is Kirilenko and Pekovic, and the Wolves do match up ok with the Hornets, but all things taken into context I am confident the Hornets win this game and while it may be tight all the way, I think they will maintain enough seperation to grind out a fairly comfortable single digits win in the 4th quarter.

SA @ Memphis

Phoenix @ Brooklyn

Houston @ Boston

Cleveland @ Denver

NBA Totals

Cleveland @ Denver

OKC @ LA Lakers

NBA card complete.

Will update my records in nba and tennis soon. No tennis plays today. Very very upset with the result of my picks considering the ammount of work I put into them, and yes I know that picking winners can be like a minefield at the beginning of the season, and I probably should have been tighter with my selections, regardless there have still been a bunch of solid WTA/ATP tournaments on and within those, plenty of nice looking matches. Probably the biggest dissapointment for me personally has been the results in the AO qualifiers. As always in tennis, the serious tennis bettors are not maiking money on the Federer v Djokovic matches they are making their money on "no name" v "no name" playing in qualifiers or challenger/ITF events. It is at this level where the books prices tend to be no where near as sharp and the astute eye can find value all over the shop. Anyway will be taking today off from Tennis and will be planning on a fresh start with the AO main draw, hoping to make back the last two days tennis losses and then some. Hopefully the AO will be a nice warm up heading towards my strongest part of the year which has always been the American hardcourt swing leading into the clay swing.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Good luck tonight sando.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9469

Yeah, bring on the Aussie Open.

A few bad days means nothing.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Burried.

pokikop
    pokikop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by easysaid View Post
    Burried.
    I really do not understand of dissing other people threads and picks. What is the point of this?

Nothing else better to do?

Just dropping in to say cheers, Sando. Followed all your picks.

Sumalia
    Sumalia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1376

Quote Originally Posted by pokikop View Post
    Followed all your picks.
    Poor guy...

pokikop

lol another one....

Hinnenk1amp
    Hinnenk1amp's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also occasionally wager on Rugby Union, Boxing and Netball.

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a horrible feeling Boston is about to collapse.

pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

im sorry guys but can somebody please explain to me why is so little points at hornets games ..didnt watch them this season, are they playing good d or what?

pokikop

Quote Originally Posted by thewhiteguy View Post
    I have a horrible feeling Boston is about to collapse.

Fingers crossed, hopefully not.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by pokikop View Post
    I really do not understand of dissing other people threads and picks. What is the point of this?

Nothing else better to do?

Just dropping in to say cheers, Sando. Followed all your picks.

Calm down, im in sando's corner my friend Im no thread basher.

pokikop

opps sorry, i assumed that when you say buried, it means that the picks are getting buried.

My apologies.

thewhiteguy

LETS GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by easysaid View Post
    Burried.

Knew Hornets would come through as soon as this was posted...

these noobs

sando

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

Knew Hornets would come through as soon as this was posted...

these noobs
    Coochy, Easysaid is definitely no noob mate, the guy is the #1 rugby guy on the entire forum, me, him and RLF have a rugby thread together. He was no doubt just stressing as the Hornets were down by 18 early and it appeared our 4 unit bet was indeed buried. I was in complete shock myself...

I have been lining up a big play on the Hornets ever since Gordon returned to the lineup, was just waiting for the right game to come along. Thank god today turned out to be the correct day to pull the trigger. The ref's sure did their best to hand the game to the T-Wolves however, the foul discrepancy against the HOME team (26-13) was just sickening. Phantom calls on the Hornets and no calls on the Wolves.

Won't say I didn't need this one after my roll has taken a big hit from the tennis last couple of days.

yelohell
    yelohell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 529

Good call on the Hornets today! I'm sure this will make your 'haters' hate you more. Hahaha!

thewhiteguy

Coochy, Easysaid is definitely no noob mate, the guy is the #1 rugby guy on the entire forum, me, him and RLF have a rugby thread together. He was no doubt just stressing as the Hornets were down by 18 early and it appeared our 4 unit bet was indeed buried. I was in complete shock myself...

I have been lining up a big play on the Hornets ever since Gordon returned to the lineup, was just waiting for the right game to come along. Thank god today turned out to be the correct day to pull the trigger. The ref's sure did their best to hand the game to the T-Wolves however, the foul discrepancy against the HOME team (26-13) was just sickening. Phantom calls on the Hornets and no calls on the Wolves.

Won't say I didn't need this one after my roll has taken a big hit from the tennis last couple of days.
    You sir are a BOSS

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Just assumed from join date and post count he was still noob.

Ok, will be on the outlook for pics etc in the future. Nice call on the Hornets btw. Tailed and made some $$$

elPkay
    elPkay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Perfect example of variance moving in our favor again, great picks so far! Got a 0.5u ML Parlay on Celtics, Nets and Grizzlies. Close game in Memphis.

One thing I was wondering since you posted about your unit sizes in relation to your BR is: Do you constantly adjust your units?
    You said that 2.5% of your BR is 1u but do you keep the unit size (for example 100$) the same for the season or do you constantly (like weekly) adjust your unit sizes depending on your BR?

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Sando u are the mando, has that been used in this thread yet?

vessl
    vessl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 525

Sando killing it today. Two small 1x plays left but this night will end GOOD

HORNETS
    GRIZZLIES
    CELTICS
    NETS

Edit: Fuuck missed that Tony Parker 3point buzzer.. Come on finish in ot grizz...

thewhiteguy

Wtf just happened in the spurs game?

Raskal
    Raskal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Well done sando

avuksa
    avuksa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by vessl View Post
    Sando killing it today. Two small 1x plays left but this night will end GOOD

HORNETS
    GRIZZLIES
    CELTICS
    NETS

Edit: Fuuck missed that Tony Parker 3point buzzer.. Come on finish in ot grizz...
    He is a legend. Grizzlies are a bit tight but even if they dont cover still a great day and comeback after a bit of an unlucky day yesterday. So glad i found his thread. Good to see him getting back on track. He deserves it

vessl
    vessl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 525

OT or not. Ill take that Grizzlie win anyday

Very nice bounce back after two rough days in the tennis/NBA. Nice one Sando

sando

Quote Originally Posted by elPkay View Post
    Perfect example of variance moving in our favor again, great picks so far! Got a 0.5u ML Parlay on Celtics, Nets and Grizzlies. Close game in Memphis.

One thing I was wondering since you posted about your unit sizes in relation to your BR is: Do you constantly adjust your units?
    You said that 2.5% of your BR is 1u but do you keep the unit size (for example 100$) the same for the season or do you constantly (like weekly) adjust your unit sizes depending on your BR?
    I have a flat unit price that usually represents around 2-2.5% of my bankroll (as I said I have a high risk tolerance), and I adjust it up or down to a new fixed price usually about once a month depedning on whether my roll has gone up or down during that time period.

Killa Cam
    Killa Cam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

5-0 ATS today, great day Sando!!

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Great day Sando Congrats!!!

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

5-0 ATS!!! Congrats Sando. Thanks for the winners!

Bet receipt number: O/1014619/0000316/D

Selection Selection Details Result
    1 Basketball - US
    NBA Matches Minnesota Timberwolves At New Orleans Hornets
    12/01/2013 12:10
    Handicap Betting
    New Orleans Hornets @ 1.92 (-2.0)
    Settled against market handicap

Stake and Return Details

Bet Placed on 11/01/2013
    Bet Type Handicap
    Number of lines 1
    Stake per line $200.00

Channel SB Internet

Total stake $200.00

Free bets redeemed $0.00
    Total amount paid $384.00

Returns $384.00

Print

Gusto0810
    Value or nothing....
    Gusto0810's Avatar Become A Pro!

Champion Sando!

thewhiteguy

Oh My God, needed 14 points with 1:49 left in the game to go over and they hit a 3 with 8 seconds left to put it over. That was the worst beat I've seen since the Duke Cincinnati CFB game.

First ... 105106107108109110111 ... Last