thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Anyone
    For me Niculescu and Zakapalova, I would say best of the rest...but Sando likes Zakapalova and Millman based on his unit placement

MacVPTgod
    MacVPTgod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 574

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Ha glad someone played it mate! All I heard was don't like the plays, sitting out today, like the Heat today, etc. Thought I was flying solo with the Pacers today. Will admit the guys that commented on the Philly pick were spot on, my worst pick in weeks! Although very unhappy with missing the under, was clearly the right play. My totals have been doing really well and this was the most confident I have been on a total in a long time. The reason I only played it for 1x is because I don't like to "load up" on the 1 game (already had the ATS pick). Should have just played the "obvious" total (Lakers/Rockets Over)

Nice pick up, even better then. 4-1 to start the day in Tennis.

Over 22 (-110, $1.90 Pinnacle) 1x - Loser
    Istomin m/l (+137, $2.37 Pinnacle) 0.5x - Cash It.
    Querry 2-0 (or -1.5 sets) (-109, $1.91 IAS/Sportsbet) 1x - Cash It.
    Lacko m/l (+114, $2.14 Pinnacle) 1x - Cash It.
    Anderson -3 (-102, $1.98 Pinnacle) 1x - Cash It.
    Sando, only recently been thanking you for the tips. Have been following for a couple of weeks now and I'm up overall. Loved your pacers pick, loved the haters getting at you saying its terrible. Loved your rockets pick. Followed you heavily on both. Mad props. You were spot on. I follow you 95% of the time. Went with the nets instead and that worked out as well. Philly are in a big slump at the moment.

Can't wait to see your afl picks this winter. There's some solid cash to be won in AFL. Your a crows fan I assume? Are you touching any kooyong matches?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Ha glad someone played it mate! All I heard was don't like the plays, sitting out today, like the Heat today, etc.
    was one of those guys. great call on pacers, holding heat to 77 points

steveq
    getthenet
    steveq's Avatar Become A Pro!

Prolly no play

nocode1
    nocode1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

Any reason not to take potito starace @$1.80.....very tempting against a nobody

thorny

Quote Originally Posted by nocode1 View Post
    would stay away from that personally.

Starace is on a decline. Has lost 9 out of his last 10 matches on Hard. Don't know too much on Sandgren, like you said he is relatively unknown. All I know is he is American, so I would assume his favoured court is Hard Courts...

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

millman gets a crucial break gotta hold serve and he weill cover

SCS
    SCS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

GOsh! Big time choke

avuksa
    avuksa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

hi everyone. Only registered to say big thanks to Sando. Great work. Great tipping. Keep it up. And dont worry about all the haters out there, even when you dont get things right your information about the games are great and it is good to see that most people appreciate that. Oh and by the way followed your Pacers pick today. But not the Nets. Picked my own line at -1.5 and made it 3 leg multi along with your Istomin pick. Again, thank you. Been following your thread for weeks, great work and always the best general advice.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

5-5 so far with the ladies matches to come. Rough patch last few matches after a great start to the day. About even, probably down a half unit at the moment.

Over 22 (-110, $1.90 Pinnacle) 1x - Loser
    Millman +3.5 (+105, $2.05 Pinnacle) 1.5x - Loser
    (Choked right at the death)
    Millman m/l (+235, $3.35 Pinnacle) 0.5x - Loser

Harrison v Isner
    Over 23 (-117, $1.85 Pinnacle) 1x - Loser (Should have just played Harrison as I hinted at. Take my own advice)
    Sjisling +3.5 (-108, $1.92 Pinnacle) 1x - Lose
    Istomin m/l (+137, $2.37 Pinnacle) 0.5x - Cash It.
    Querry 2-0 (or -1.5 sets) (-109, $1.91 IAS/Sportsbet) 1x - Cash It.
    Lacko m/l (+114, $2.14 Pinnacle) 1x -
    Cash It.
    Anderson -3 (-102, $1.98 Pinnacle) 1x
    - Cash It.
    Tomic -2 (-110, $1.90 Sportingbet/Centrebet) 1x - Cash it.

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Bit of a dilemma tomorrow Sando:

Hornets, Bobcats and Raptors all look like good bets.

Also like Suns +8 at Boston

thorny

Sando, do you venture much into betting on tennis doubles?

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gerry Mander View Post
    Bit of a dilemma tomorrow Sando:

Hornets, Bobcats and Raptors all look like good bets.

Also like Suns +8 at Boston
    Patience grasshopper, I'm still busy punching things over the ending to the Millman match. Just jokes, haven't looked at the NBA card yet mate, still in Tennis mode.

Quote Originally Posted by thorny View Post
    Sando, do you venture much into betting on tennis doubles?
    The occasional spot bet when something really stands out, but not an awful lot. I hate the super breaker rules, makes the ending to some matches akin to a lottery. Do like to follow Errani/Vinci and the Williams sisters (only play the Slams).

Djoking is the man for doubles bets, guy knows his stuff and has a thread in the tennis forum.

While you're in tennis mode, Stephens again for tomorrow?
    Not as simple as it sounds. Davis has an amazing record (70-33). 19 and she's already won three titles, leads Sloane 1-0 in the H2H and is like 20-5 over her last 25 matches (albeit mainly at ITF level). She did also just put the smack down on Sorana Cirstea in her last match. On the other hand Sloane Stephens - believe the hype! Tough one.
    Last edited by sando; 01-09-13 at 01:28 AM.

thorny

While you're in tennis mode, Stephens again for tomorrow?

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheers for the hard work Sando, tailing everything as always!

Byrone09
    Byrone09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

dang. AO qualifying did not go so well...

jontebond
    jontebond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Is Klara Zakopalova afraid of birds or something? Once that seagull landed on the court she lost it and lost the game.
    She must have gotten sea-gulled when she was younger that clown skirt.

thorny

Quote Originally Posted by nocode1 View Post

would stay away from that personally.

Starace is on a decline. Has lost 9 out of his last 10 matches on Hard. Don't know too much on Sandgren, like you said he is relatively unknown. All I know is he is American, so I would assume his favoured court is Hard Courts...
    Hope you didnt get on...Sandgren won 6-4 6-4

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Edit: Damn, thought you had the Keys spread not the ML, tough one.
    Last edited by Domestic; 01-09-13 at 04:52 AM.

pokikop
    pokikop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

hi sando, been using this site for a couple of years but i just registered and posting my virgin on your thread as a "kudos to your picks"

I watching keys game now, you are right she is very good. A rising star. will keep a look out for her other matches.

Btw, i am in sydney and i use TAB for my bets.

Cheers.

pokikop

wow did i just jinx it??? sorry guys.

MacVPTgod
    MacVPTgod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 574

We're safe.

Rabbitbrew
    Rabbitbrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2333

No. +4.5 means Keys only needs one game in the last set.

pokikop

thank you TENNIS GODS!!!!

I was holding my breathe..... really did not wanna jinx it on my first post.

i had 4 units on it as well....

Thanks sando.

BigL28
    BigL28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Zakopalova -3.5, and ML in a parlay was my bad idea of the night... Left at 6-3 1-0, saw the result later and cried
    nice look on Keys though, I'll follow her closely at AO. With a not too hard schedule a prop on her reaching QF may be a nice pick.

sando

NBA Wednesday

Milwaukee @ Chicago
    Bulls -6 (-105, $1.95 Pinnacle) 2x
    *Just another game? Think again. On Nov 26th 2012 the Bucks visited the United Centre and proceeded to get crushed on the back of an old school Rip Hamilton performance. With 14 and a bit minutes left in the game, Kirk Hinrich hit a 3 pointer to put the Bulls up by 27 before the entire team proceeded to go to sleep and the unsung trio of Illyasova, Udoh and Udrih dragged the Bucks back into the game and stole it by a point, without a doubt the low point of the Bulls season. Not only will the Bulls be ready for this game, but even if they are up by 20 with 6 minutes left, I can almost guarantee you Noah and Boozer will not be leaving the game. The Bulls are playing their best basketball of the season at the moment behind the ever productive and energetic Noah and a surprising (career) revival from Carlos Boozer, who like David West and David Lee is having a great season when perhaps people though his best was behind him. I like the well rested Bulls and their 3 game winning streak to crush the Bucks on the back 2 back. Unfinished business...

Philly @ Toronto
    Raptors - 4 (-108, $1.92 IAS/Sportsbet) 2x
    *Been waiting patiently for the -4. Also available at 5 Dimes, Bet 365 and Pinny. Otherwise recommend buy the hook or PYOL.

Atlanta @ Cleveland

Hawks -4 (-105, $1.95 Pinnacle) 1x
    Hawks 1st Half -2 (-104, $1.96 Pinnacle) 0.5x
    *Hawks lost three in a row. No taking this game lightly. Varejao will be sorely missed against the potent Hawks front court.

Phoenix @ Boston
    Celtics -9 (-105, $1.95 Pinnacle) 1x
    *Celtics finally at full strength. Stronger at every position than Phoenix (other than PF) and with Avery Bradley back in the team suddenly their D looks formidable again (coincidence)? Phoenix's jump shooters struggle to get open looks today and Rondo/Bradley make life hell for Dragic. Celtics won three in a row and the Suns have lost three in a row.

Dallas @ LA Clippers
    Clippers -10 (-107, $1.93 Pinnacle) 1x
    *Clippers average home winning margin = 19 points. Clippers 10-1 ATS last 11 games. Dallas
    Last edited by sando; 01-09-13 at 03:44 PM.
    Points Awarded:

JM92 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GrubyBob gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

matt#1 gave sando 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Byrone09 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

steveq
    getthenet
    steveq's Avatar Become A Pro!

TENNIS doesnt got off for about 12 hours am i correct in reading that?? reason i ask there r no spreads posted yet on my book
    Last edited by steveq; 01-09-13 at 06:23 AM. Reason: spreads

dmitean
    dmitean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3106

Bucks are terrible B2B team and I'm sure that Bulls will have a revenge at mind.
    But, I never bet against a team that changed coaches in the first 2 - 3 games at least.
    Players always play harder with the new coach, at least in the beginning.
    On top of that, Bulls just suck big time as home favorites.

I was leaning Bucks, but staying off it, so hope you nail this one.
    Good luck!

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Sando great finish of tennis both cashed in tight ones

pokikop

Woot! hit the last 2 WTA picks!

Cheers, sando!

sando

Sick finish to the day's tennis card. Both matches just ended simultaneously to give us two winners and end the night 8-6, will work out the record now.

Great start to the day.
    Horrible middle of the day.
    Great Finish to the day.

8-6 Today in the Tennis +1.65 Units

Tennis 63-48-7 (56.8%) +28.65 Units

YTD - 30-22-2 (57.7%)

*I'd say the percentages are looking pretty healthy considering that I play a lot of dog's at the m/l

Querry 2-0
    Cash it
    Anderson -3
    Cash it
    Istomin m/l +137
    Cash it
    Lacko m/l +114
    Cash it
    Niculescu m/l +122 Cash it
    Keys +4.5 Cash it
    Kuznetsova Over 20.5
    Cash it
    Tomic -2
    Cash it

Millman +3.5
    Loser
    Millman m/l
    Loser
    Harrison Over
    Loser
    Istomin Over
    Loser
    Zakapalova -4
    Loser (Up 2-0 in the third, cruising towards the cover and loses 6 games in a row)?
    Sjisling +3.5
    Loser
    Last edited by sando; 01-09-13 at 07:10 AM.
    Points Awarded:

pokikop gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

humble gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ShotgunRua gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

humble
    humble's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was watching that, it somehow just both finished perfectly at the same time.
    thanks for the awesome tennis picks.

much appreciated

Chozzdogg
    Chozzdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Love the bulls pick even though they're 4-14 ATS at home this season...still -6 seems way too small
    Last edited by Chozzdogg; 01-09-13 at 07:12 AM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Nice work again, Sando. One of the few good guys/cappers left at SBR.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382

sando

Tennis

Australian Open Futures

Serena Williams to win (-109, $1.91 IAS/Sportsbet) 3x

Analysis - Who's going to beat her??

Seriously though is it possible to be playing the best tennis of an already stellar career at age 31? I challenge anyone to say otherwise considering she is 47-3 in her last 50 matches and has won the last two slams played. Actually saying she has won the last two slams doesn't really do justice to her domination. She has lost a total of 4 sets (2 of them to Aza) across Wimbledon and the US open, and at the US open (Hardcourt like the Aus open) she was unstoppable, 7-0 matches played, 14-1 sets and 85-32 games won! (with 13 of those to Aza in the final).

So who is going to beat her, Masha? Wozza? Radwanska? Please... In my opinion with Clijsters retired and Venus way past her best there are only 3 players who could beat Serena at a hard court slam, and they are Li, Kvitova and Azarenka. The problem is they would need to be playing at the top of their games AND hope Serena is not at the top of hers. We are talking about a first ballot hall of famer, arguably the greatest female tennis player of all time and she is (still) in her prime.

With her physique it's not hard to understand how she hits the ball so hard, what is amazing is how a big girl can move like Serena does? It almost defies the laws of physics? Technically Serena is unmatched, their is no point trying to find a woman with more technical skill than Serena in the WTA, as she is the summit that all else aspire to. Is it fair then that she can serve faster than some ATP players and hit the ball as hard as ANY woman on tour. Like Fed, Serena is the master of using her serve to get herself out of tricky situations. Yet possibly her biggest weapon of all is her mental strength, been there, done that, yawn...

Nothing fazes Serena, she has seen it all but far more importantly is the fact that Serena hates to lose, I mean she absolutely loathes it! A good coach can teach many skills but that inner fire (that so many of the mentally weak WTA girls lack) cannot be taught, you either have it or you don't and Serena has it so bad that many times throughout her career she has been booed, hated on, called out in the media, you name it, for being rude, arrogant, feisty, even down right nasty. The astute tennis observer will have noticed however that over time Serena has matured and learned how to control her emotions and the behaviour she displays in public and yet has not lost that inner fire that burns so badly within her. Sometimes when I see Serena glaring at her opponent across the court I wonder if she actually is imagining herself beating the snot out of the dainty little European (Kirilenko, Ivanovic, etc) on the other side of the net, I mean the girl did grow up in South Central LA. Ok enough of the Serena worshipping. At close to evens I think this is a great bet, obviously the odds were slightly better a week ago and slightly better the week before that, however it is what it is. As long as you can get over -120 ($1.83) then Serena looks like a great bet to win the Australian Open this year, not just due to her own abilities, but also due to the lack of any legitimate rivals.
    Points Awarded:

ch1027 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thewhiteguy gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First ... 99100101102103104105 ... Last