ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by easysaid View Post
    Hey sando, awesome pick with keys I accidently doubled up on her and came home to a nice win )
    Coincidentally enough I did the same thing. Completely missed that I'd already placed the first bets and did it again, glad I did!.

Cheers for the winners Sando.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Tennis

ATP Auckland

Baker v Janowicz
    Baker +2.5 (Evens, $2.00 Pinnacle) 1x
    *Last minute decision, starts in 10 minutes!

thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

Any Aussies on here have any recommendation for a bookie for live betting? The ones I use require phone bets (due to Aus law)...

thorny

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Tennis

ATP Auckland

Baker v Janowicz
    Baker +2.5 (Evens, $2.00 Pinnacle) 1x
    *Last minute decision, starts in 10 minutes!
    Nice, didn't know if u would have enough time to respond to my query, so i got on...so glad to see ur on too, cause i almost talked myself out of it

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson View Post
    For people with sportsbet.com.au account the live videos are pretty good, they are showing more nba these days, for example tomorrow they have 5 games live stream. You dont even have to have any money in the account. I have league pass (live in AUS) but for those that dont this is a good alternative to watch games also.
    Ive been watching games with them all season, it's the best deal in town. The only negative thing is no full screen playback.

Sportsbet let you bet online on live NBA games - only on individual quarters as long as you put your bets in before they start. Not ideal but it beats having to call.
    Last edited by MrXYZ; 01-07-13 at 01:36 AM.

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by thorny View Post
    Any Aussies on here have any recommendation for a bookie for live betting? The ones I use require phone bets (due to Aus law)...
    Thorny,
    I'm using bwin.
    No dramas to date.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    Ive been watching games with them all season, it's the best deal in town. The only negative thing is no full screen playback.

Sportsbet let you bet online on live NBA games - only on individual quarters as long as you put your bets in before they start. Not ideal but it beats having to call.
    Do they stream the English Premier League?

thorny

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Haven't seen them stream any soccer yet. Live scores, but that's it...

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    I think they do

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Jerzy dominating despite really struggling with the wind. he's going to be money this tourny

SCS
    SCS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Baker isn't overmatched by any means here, but he can't convert on break points...

ShotgunRua

I'm having a lot of random luck lately. Missed this play until baker had just been broken in the first set, picked up baker +3.5 at +120. Looks safe now, but i hope he picks it up for sando.

SCS
    SCS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

0/10 on break points... I feel like throwing up

ShotgunRua

This has to be an actual psychological problem.

thorny

Finally a break...next game is important to consolidate

sando

NBA

OKC @ Washington
    OKC -10 (-108, $1.92 IAS/Sportsbet) 1.5x

Dallas @ Utah
    Jazz -4.5 (-108, $1.92 IAS/Sportsbet) 1.5x

________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____

MMA

UFC on FX 7 (Jan 19th 2013)

Vitor Belfort v Michael Bisping
    Belfort (-120, $1.83 Pinnacle/ 5 Dimes) 2x

*Yes my last UFC card was disatrous, however before that I was 5-0 with two massive dog winners, so tail/fade/ignore, it's your choice. I am an avid MMA fan, have been since the birth of the sport, I used to be a featured columnist on MMA for a major American website, so I like to think I know a little about the sport. I've also been betting on boxing longer than any other sport (except tennis) so I have a solid background in fight wagering.

**I have watched every single one of the Phenom's fights and I love the fact that he is fighting in his home country (Brazil) for this one. Belfort is very patriotic, very religous, basically very Brazillion, and you can absolutely guarantee he will be 100% ready for this fight. The guy has fought 8 different Pride/UFC champion's, do you seriously think the "Count" will faze him in the slightest?

Bisping loves to stand up with guys, he has a nice overall striking game and usually backs himself on his feet against anyone he fights. Bisping does not however like to be puched and Vitor punches at least as hard as Hendo and we all know how that ended (greatest MMA moment ever)? If he tries to stand with Vitor, he will get KTFO within 1-2 rounds. Nobody in MMA (middleweight/light heavywight) outside of Jones and Silva can stand with Vitor. The guy used to fight as a professional boxer. He is (still) fast and he hits very very hard. If he clips you, a million punches will follow in a few seconds as he attempts to end the fight. Bisping cannot stand with Vitor, however despite having a high fight IQ, the guy is so arrogant it would not suprise me if he does attempt to stand up with him, although he would surely not be dumb enough to stand and trade (ask Matt Lindland or Wanderlei how that worked out for them) and would probably look to use his reach advantage from the outside.

So maybe the fight's on the ground and Bisping thinks he is gonna work Vitor for a submission, maybe he has top position, doesn't matter Vitor is still extremely dangerous from his back or anywhere on the ground. The guy has not only a BBJ black belt, but a Judo black belt as well and he is old school, trained in grappling with just about every big name in Brazil throughot the 15 odd years he has been fighting, and he attained his black belt from none other than Carson Gracie himself. Bisping's game is well rounded no doubt, he has great G n' P and dirty boxing but he would be lucky to last a round in a grappling contest with Belfort. It's just that Vitor's hands are so dangerous he rarely has to resort to grappling. Don't let Belfort's record fool you. This guy has gone through many up's and down's in his life and there have been times when he has looked like a ghost in the ring, not the same explosive, dynamic fighter from previous fights.

Age is not a factor, Vitor is only 2 years older than Bisping yet his 15 years experience as a professional MMA fighter surely is relevant

Anyway I will add more a more detailed breakdown of the fight as it gets closer. (about 12 days away but I believe the odds will drop on Vitor coming into the fight so I'm taking it now).

________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____

4-3-1 Today in the Tennis +1.96 Units

Tennis 51-38-6 (57.3%) +26.52 Units
    - 2 Pending

YTD - 18-12-1 (60%)

Soeda v Giraldo
    Soeda m/l (+118, $2.18 Pinnacle) 1x - Pending

Paire v Lu
    Paire m/l (+127, $2.27 Pinnacle) 1.5x - Pending

________________________________________ ________________________________________ _____

Long season. Stay focused. Keep grinding.

3-0 Today in the NBA
    +3.63 Units

NBA 156-116-11
    (+48.06 Units) 57.4%

(NBA ATS/ML 113-86-8 YTD) 56.8%

(NBA Totals 43-30-3 YTD) 58.9%

YTD 16-11

Unofficial NBA prop bets YTD 5-4

Unofficial NBA Parlays YTD 1-1

Unofficial NBA Teaser's YTD 0-1

All time SBR Picks

MMA 6-7 (+12.06 Units)
    Rugby Union 7-7 (+2.97 Units)
    Rugby Sevens 28-24-1 (+2.27 Units)
    MLB 4-1 (+9.49 Units)

**Above record based on picks posted at SBR forum
    Last edited by sando; 01-07-13 at 05:28 AM.
    Points Awarded:

ShotgunRua gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Byrone09 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Tim Gerry Mander gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

elPkay gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ghislaine gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MacVPTgod gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GrubyBob gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Gusto0810 gave sando 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mvanja gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ch1027 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bgdog gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ShotgunRua

Well played sando

thorny

Sweet Baker pulled through.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

what a match, almost jumped on jerzy @ 62 bucks when he was down 40-0 in that last set, almost punched a hole in the wall!

ghislaine
    ghislaine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1281

On all Your picks tonight

ShotgunRua

Oh man I hate being the other side of your plays but i'm firmly on Bisping.

Belfort just doesn't have the speed he used to and he often gasses after the first round. I think if bisping can outpoint stann on the feet, he can survive a round or so with belfort while he's still dangerous. Despite the endless h bomb gifs, bisping can take a punch and has the speed and footwork to cope with belfort. He's improved a lot and belfort doesn't have that big game changing power punch.

Also, bisping was able to wrestle defensively against sonnen quite effectively, I don't see belfort being any threat in terms of grappling. Yes he caught jones, but Jones wrestles offensively and strives for top control, leaving his long arms out there. Also notice belfort wasn't trying to shoot in on Jones, he was simply half heartedly trying to pull guard, hoping jones would take the bait.

If you watch vitor's recent fights, he's not the deadly striker he used to be anymore, and bisping has the cardio to Carlos condit him for a couple of rounds and then use him as a punch bag for the following 3.

thorny

Deleted. double post.

thorny

Sorry Shotgun but this time I'm with Sando on this one. Can't type much as on mobile...

Basically, Bisping needs a fast paced and a lil nasty style of boxing to win this. That's not his style. also he isn't a strong enough wrestler so this fight will be on their feet mostly.

Agree Belfort is slower but boy his power is ridiculous...Bisping has better cardio but how long can he hold off a raging bull in front of his people?

Belfort KO for me.

sando

Shotgun - Well I feel just as strong about Belfort as you do about the Bisping mate. Seriously who has he ever beaten, Leben, Hamill, come on? The guy has lost to every big name he has fought, and how could you possibly say Belfort doesn't have a "game changing punch"? He surely has the most dangerous game changing punch in MMA? Anyway I guess we'll find out who's right in 12 days. I would wait to place your wager as I'm sure you'll get better odds closer to the fight...?

Got an NBA total I like, but going to sleep on it first. Got a couple more tennis plays but going to sleep on them as well, got to be a bit more selective at the beginning of the tennis season, have been getting a bit over excited, time to tighten things up.

ShotgunRua

Yeah it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. I love belfort, he's a warrior and i can't stand bisping, but I go on gut feeling and i can't see vitor winning this one.

If this fight had taken place 2 or 3 years ago, when belfort was KOing everyone and Bisping was losing to the guys you mentioned then I'd be agreeing with you. Personally I think belfort has looked slow standing in his last 2 fights and seems to have lost the explosiveness that defined him. Bisping has improved a lot in all aspects. Stann is a dangerous striker and although vitor won't be worried about being taken down for the reasons you mentioned, stann was unable to defeat bisping standing.

I'm concerned about placing any bet which contradicts yours (literally nobody else saw le beating Franklin) but i'm concerned vitor will not be able to connect with the elusive bisping, and will start looking horribly exhausted before the mid point of the fight.

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Someone placed a grand on Bisping with Sportingbet!

Not you by any chance Shotgun?

ShotgunRua

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gerry Mander View Post
    Someone placed a grand on Bisping with Sportingbet!

Not you by any chance Shotgun?
    I wish I had a grand to throw down on a single bet ha ha. If I did this would not be the play i'd go for.

Looking back over my posts I think a few of my points are a bit overstated. I was trying to highlight where belfort's shortcomings may lie in this fight and in doing so made it sound like I think he's a can. The first round will be dangerous as hell for bisping and if he's not carefully or circles the wrong way he might get caught. I just favour him overall, i think he'll stay out of danger. I like him as a stylistic match up against belfort, especially as a slight dog.

Basket
    Basket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Hey sando.what do you think of Chicago -8.5 mate? Cleveland is still without Varejao.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry my compatriot did not come through for you guys! Didn't catch the game but apparently it was classic Sousa basically offering the game.

sebirizoR
    sebirizoR's Avatar Become A Pro!

@sando: Paire now @ 2.59 pin, does it make sense to buy one more unit?

mvanja
    mvanja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 337

Quote Originally Posted by sebirizoR View Post
    @sando: Paire now @ 2.59 pin, does it make sense to buy one more unit?
    He is still sleeping, hopefully he'll be up sun....

mvanja
    mvanja's Avatar SBR PRO

checking sport option 63% bet on Paire if this help

sebirizoR
    sebirizoR's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mvanja View Post
    He is still sleeping, hopefully he'll be up sun....
    Hehe ok, CET here.

mvanja
    mvanja's Avatar SBR PRO

Boston
    G
    Rajon Rondo suspension OUT 29 13.2 5.2 11.3 1.9 0.3
    is OUT Monday vs New York.

Already they they took this line out on bet365

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14608