thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Thanks everyone for the continued support. Sorry if I haven't responded to some questions. TBH - when I have a bad or an average day I wont read any posts other than to update my record as I don't wont to see the negativity and have it affect my thinking as I move on to the next day's card. Anyway I am a big confidence guy, when I started the thread I was doing really well in Tennis and then NBA and no suprise my confidence was sky high at the time. One 2-0 day doesn't mean much, however if we can have another great day tomorrow then hopefully it will be the start of another great run...?
    I hope today hasn't ruined your confidence mate. It happens, even to the best of us. Nothing is a sure thing, but if you stick to percentage plays you will come up on top more times than not. Looking at your record, you seem to be doing it well.

Just keep sticking to your guns, and don't let these slip ups create doubt in yourself. I look forward to seeing your picks for tomorrow.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunRua View Post
    Some people need to google variance........ If every day was a winning day nobody would have jobs and everyone could just tail Sando on here and spend the rest of the time sunbathing.

Your balance will go up and down and if you are doing things right it will be higher at the end of the season than it was at the start. Well done so far Sando you are already positive, keep up the good work!
    Just check sando's thread title.. "daily nba winners" so he should be posting winners everyday, right?

Not going 1-4 and losing -6 units.. especially a game of the year - 3 units play - where the +4.5 pts opponent won outright..

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Daimoshokage where is you're thread so we can follow?

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Just check sando's thread title.. "daily nba winners" so he should be posting winners everyday, right?
    No, if every day was a winning day he'd have accomplished something nobody in the history of sports betting has ever accomplished. He would be on the news, word would spread and he could charge rich people £10k a month for his picks- not that he would need to.

Get a grip.

Arthur-from-LV
    Arthur-from-LV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Yes you are absolutely right about variance ShotgunRua, thats one way of justifying todays bad day for Sando and others. Where I take issue is, just me personally, is Sandos methodology. For example, when he says stuff like they , and im pharaphrasing, " they are gonna be intesnse because they want to show their coach so and so how bad they want the minutes." Really?? Also "Toronto is on a 11 game losing streak" I could make a simple argument that because law of averages Toronto will likely win tonight. Stuff like this, recent trends, emotional dysfunctions, etc.. will crush you in baseball and probably in most sports in the long run. A computer simulator makes that stuff I mentioned above irrelevant and only cares what players contribute in a given game. The only emotional factor I would probably add to a basketball simulator is fatigue of playing to many games in a row, unless the coach decides to rest some of the players..

MakinItHappen
    MakinItHappen's Avatar Become A Pro!

1-4 and -6 units.. unreal!!
    Thanks for the fades sando.. You're making me rich!!
    For real though, why do you choose Sando as your target? There's numerous tipsters for the NBA all over the forum, why Sando? You scream jealousy. lol

MakinItHappen
    MakinItHappen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-from-LV View Post
    Yes you are absolutely right about variance ShotgunRua, thats one way of justifying todays bad day for Sando and others. Where I take issue is, just me personally, is Sandos methodology. For example, when he says stuff like they , and im pharaphrasing, " they are gonna be intesnse because they want to show their coach so and so how bad they want the minutes." Really?? Also "Toronto is on a 11 game losing streak" I could make a simple argument that because law of averages Toronto will likely win tonight. Stuff like this, recent trends, emotional dysfunctions, etc.. will crush you in baseball and probably in most sports in the long run. A computer simulator makes that stuff I mentioned above irrelevant and only cares what players contribute in a given game. The only emotional factor I would probably add to a basketball simulator is fatigue of playing to many games in a row, unless the coach decides to rest some of the players..
    If Sando's "feeling" that a group of player's will play @ a higher level of intensity because he is gageing their state of mind as being one that will produce a desire/motivation/inspiration to win, then that's essentially "his" prediction and it's a "bet" he's making. Who is to bloody well say he is "solely" making this prediction on the basis of statistics? Why are you so obsessed with statistics? Tell me. Why does every little single intrinsic thing have to derive from bloody flipping statistics? It's not jus you, it's lots of "your type" of gambler.

There's a thing called emotional intelligence and if Sando is following a team on their journey throughout a season and getting a hold of how their state of minds are in response to results, then he can make these calls on the instinct of observation.
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-19-12 at 02:35 AM.

Dara27
    Dara27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4311

Tailing Sando team picks for a while and losing. I give up, penetrate this gambling sport. NHL (and NFL too) is better

NBA too unpredictable, seems like everything is a coin flip and only last quarter matters. Done.
    Last edited by Dara27; 12-19-12 at 03:20 AM.

ShotgunRua

Quote Originally Posted by Dara27 View Post
    Tailing Sando team picks for a while and losing. I give up, penetrate this gambling sport. NHL (and NFL too) is better

NBA too unpredictable, seems like everything is a coin flip and only last quarter matters. Done.
    You know, I think Sando is awesome at what he does and i've learned so much about intelligent betting and bankroll management from this thread, however there is some truth in this.

I mainly bet combat sports and purely tail here for some extra profits, but seriously look at the units Sando has made from MMA in relation to number of picks and compare that with NBA.

It has to be the toughest sport to cap consistently. Nobody here is doing any better.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Dara27 View Post

Izza77
    GFC 07,09,11
    Izza77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

If any of you maggots had bothered to tail all season you would be 30+ units up.

I have been tailing silently and have made a f-load of cash.

If you are gonna tail then f-ing TAIL!!!!.

Every day some w**kers are saying that they like a pick but wont use the other...that isnt fn tailing.....tailing is following EVERY pick and if u had done that you would be 30 units up.

And as for that Daimo bloke...mate, never come to Australia coz u are clearly a sh*t bloke and you would get eaten alive.

Arthur-from-LV
    Arthur-from-LV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Using emotional intelligence to handicap a sport like basketball? Haha wow.... how about we just start comparing dumb players vs. smart players. Dumb comments they make vs. Smart comments while we are it. Odd days vs. Even days..You ask me why I am so invested on only using stats? Well that speaks for itself right there on where you stand with your knowledge in handicapping.

Izza77
    GFC 07,09,11
    Izza77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

feel free to share your tips hero

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-from-LV View Post
    Using emotional intelligence to handicap a sport like basketball? Haha wow.... how about we just start comparing dumb players vs. smart players. Dumb comments they make vs. Smart comments while we are it. Odd days vs. Even days..You ask me why I am so invested on only using stats? Well that speaks for itself right there on where you stand with your knowledge in handicapping.

pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

you are such a pathetic miserable Ouyster
    sando man don t ever lose your composure specially cause of this losers

thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

well i dont fully agree that if you want to tail you must tail it all...i come on here and listen to sando's view and tail the ones i feel i agree with and aligns with my views. i could go on stat sites and just based on stats make my bets, but you do have factors like injuries, returning from injuries, etc etc that isn't shown properly in stats.

i find sando good for factors that a stat site doesnt spell out. and just like statistics, doesnt predict every game right, neither does Sando. He makes the best prediction possible based on his analysis, he isn't a psychic and nor that he pretend to be one. He makes the best prediction based on the info he has in front of him. It is his own thoughts, if it doesn't agree with yours don't go with it, or reduce the unit size.

But dont blame someone else, when the final decision to pull the trigger was your own.

UsManyDead
    UsManyDead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Quote Originally Posted by MakinItHappen View Post
    If Sando's "feeling" that a group of player's will play @ a higher level of intensity because he is gageing their state of mind as being one that will produce a desire/motivation/inspiration to win, then that's essentially "his" prediction and it's a "bet" he's making. Who is to bloody well say he is "solely" making this prediction on the basis of statistics? Why are you so obsessed with statistics? Tell me. Why does every little single intrinsic thing have to derive from bloody flipping statistics? It's not jus you, it's lots of "your type" of gambler.

There's a thing called emotional intelligence and if Sando is following a team on their journey throughout a season and getting a hold of how their state of minds are in response to results, then he can make these calls on the instinct of observation.
    This is correct and wrong at the same time. It is true that desire/motivation/inspiration to win is crucial in a match, but you can't quantify that (from statistics) and you can't quantify it subjectively (thinking it yourself). I think the only possible way to know this for sure is to have inside information, which is impossible for punters/bettors like us.

Also there are a lot of other factors in match that you can't quantify as well. The big question is how many times do you loose a match because of those factors? I can't make a claim on basketball as I'm new to betting here, but on football I can say that most of the times they don't matter that much. (I'm betting on goals and I can say that weather doesn't matter that much, players as well, as long as the numbers tell me that both teams are capable to score and/or concede >2.5 goals in total)

On the other hand if you make a system that only takes into account numbers, your subjectivity is ruled out, which in my opinion is the best thing possible. Why? Because sooner or later you'll break out on yourself and let it out, and then you'll loose. On a system this can't happen. I think the only problem for others about system is why should they follow a robot? Well, you are following yourself not a robot, because you set the rules based on which the system makes a selection.

I want to close with these facts: loosing always comes in betting (even if you place picks subjectively or objectively). The most crucial part is to not let yourself swallowed or sucked in this period and loose it. As Sando said himself, he also experience this feeling, but maybe because he has a lot more experience he can cope with it more easily, than an amateur bettor like most of ourselves. Even so you can't cut out your feelings and as a result you will be influenced by them. As we all know this ain't good. A sports system will cut these feelings and make the same selection regardless if you win or loose.

Sando I hope you the best. You really are very good to be able to keep your head all this long after so many up's and down's (you had in your career of betting). What I always do when I'm on a loose streak is to take a break for a few days and them come back fresh. (I bet subjectively but I'm bad at it :P)

Good luck and keep it up
    Last edited by UsManyDead; 12-19-12 at 04:34 AM.

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Izza77 View Post
    If any of you maggots had bothered to tail all season you would be 30+ units up.

I have been tailing silently and have made a f-load of cash.

If you are gonna tail then f-ing TAIL!!!!.

Every day some w**kers are saying that they like a pick but wont use the other...that isnt fn tailing.....tailing is following EVERY pick and if u had done that you would be 30 units up.

And as for that Daimo bloke...mate, never come to Australia coz u are clearly a sh*t bloke and you would get eaten alive.
    Onya maaaate!

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by MakinItHappen View Post
    For real though, why do you choose Sando as your target? There's numerous tipsters for the NBA all over the forum, why Sando? You scream jealousy. lol
    why do you think it is only Sando? He showed his "love" to Roxxy before, and probably others before that ... this guy feeds on his own bullshit ... I still don't understand why people dont use one of the SBR's greatest features: the ignore list
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-27-14 at 05:32 PM.

shinu
    shinu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Shitty day.... But after cold comes hot!
    Waiting for ur new picks!
    BestOfLuck!

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread reminds me so much of LTA's and once again i ask you Sando are you LTA undercover???...alot and i mean alot of similarities here..even the term "variance" was mentioned by someone..shogun rua...makes no diff to me who you are but you must be LTA's long lost brother if your not infact LTA himself.Bipolar perhaps?? ..

LakeShow
    LakeShow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

i love how people love to hate on others on this thread. i mean where is their thread with picks? why kick a guy while he's down...not only that but these individuals also hate when others win. i mean do you want to see people do bad? would you prefer vegas and the books always win? you are a loser with nothing better to do but troll like a hoe....

example..i saw a person post about their winnings today..and i'm thinking "awesome!"..then i see someone post something like "no one gives a fukk.. gtfo!!" WTF? hahaha what a loser. are you living with your mom still? or are you a fat f@ck who doesnt get play?

if you think i'm talking to you..then i probably am..you whack @ss loser...

these are the same people who run their mouth...until someone steps up and checks them...then they shut the fukk up like a little hoe...hope you win a game so you can pay for some ass..cuz we all know you are a loser ass troll...

ok done with my rant..i just cant stand people who takes pleasure in others misfortunes..

good night and keep winning!

matt#1
    matt#1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

Did anyone else notice that Daimoshokage wasn't around yesterday when Sando made a 4 unit profit? By fading Sando you lost money yesterday and have lost alot of money over the course of the season so far. It's not surprising that you are so bitter and jealous. You keep celebrating Sando's losses. He will be the one cheering when he is up 40+ units at the end of the season

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

I hear another ghostbusters movie is due 4 release soon and the entire cast of ghouls resides in this thread...

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Guys, can we just keep the talk in this thread to capping NBA and other sports?

Who gives a toss about the rest of these fkn gumbies, whining and bitching about irrelevant shite.

Heading down to Melbourne tomorrow, might head on to the MCG for the Boxing Day test. Any of you boys hitting the "G" next week?

pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

sando my man im waiting for your plays...im on raptors under 188.5 and bobcats +8.5 small plays..

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It is a long season and hearing all of this negative stuff makes me sick. For the last two days I am ahead because I hit a two team parlay the other night and the wagers last night came out to be a loss but the two team parlay covered for it. It is a long season and I think the NBA is really hard and being up 35 units which I have been following Sando all of this time I am for sure ahead on his picks overall. I don't understand why daimo does this for? You would think he would want others to be successful and I have never understood people like him at all. If he went in a picked on some of these clowns that get 30 to 40 percent winners then I would have no problem with that but this guy overall is over 55 percent the last time I checked. He does well on tennis and MMA. If you fade the MMA you are trouble and I dare anyone to fade those picks when he has those. Sando don't get yourself into a corner here and it comes in waves where you have it rough and then you have great times.

dmitean
    dmitean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3106

Why do you guys turn every dumb comment in a thread in to a discussion.
    From what I have seen from Sando, he is a big boy and knows to ignore all the negative comments.

Every capper knows that he will have bad streaks and he just needs to go through them and move on.

Good luck today Sando!

dustroy
    dustroy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4009

first time posting, and I just want to send my thanks to sando for all of the hard work he puts in.

keep your head up buddy. well get them back tonight!

shinu
    shinu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Hey sando!
    What do u think about my picks:
    Raptors ML
    GSW ML
    Thunder -6,5
    Pacers -3,5

ShotgunRua

Got a feeling sando will be back with a vengeance tonight!

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I get a feeling your right Shotgun.

JayDeezy
    slow money's better than no money
    JayDeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thorny View Post
    well i dont fully agree that if you want to tail you must tail it all...i come on here and listen to sando's view and tail the ones i feel i agree with and aligns with my views. i could go on stat sites and just based on stats make my bets, but you do have factors like injuries, returning from injuries, etc etc that isn't shown properly in stats.

i find sando good for factors that a stat site doesnt spell out. and just like statistics, doesnt predict every game right, neither does Sando. He makes the best prediction possible based on his analysis, he isn't a psychic and nor that he pretend to be one. He makes the best prediction based on the info he has in front of him. It is his own thoughts, if it doesn't agree with yours don't go with it, or reduce the unit size.

But dont blame someone else, when the final decision to pull the trigger was your own.
    very well put. couldn't have said it better myself.

tr4sh
    tr4sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5701

Guys, this is what daimo does, not just with sando but anyone that is doing well. Best way to get rid of something is to ignore it, so when he does post this the next time Sando has a losing day, just *ignore*. You guys, that are responding to him, are the ones keeping him going.

BOL on today's picks Sando.

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

guys are there any picks for today already? cos i haven't noticed searching thru all the flame and hate...thanx

First ... 62636465666768 ... Last