ASH0479
    ASH0479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Mike Brown - Worst COY??

I have been watching this series and it has been very entertaining...one thing that sticks out is how badly Mike Brown seems to be getting out coached by Van Gundy....anyone else seeing it the same way?? Game Four for example

Wallace on Lewis? No timeouts left??

Hey Mr. Potato Head mike Brown...here is some coaching for you...let Howard try to beat you by himself, don't double...stay at home on the perimeter shots take them away...go small if necessary...one player will not beat you....don't believe me....look at the series...your down 3-1...or look back to see how the Celtics beat the Lakers....take everything else away....but hey, your the coach of the year....but you have to take something away, your matchups and strategy aint working...how about some adjustments
    Last edited by ASH0479; 05-26-09 at 11:11 PM.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

James needs to be more agressive and take the ball at Howard. He will get in foul trouble and end of the game! They are not going to the basket settleing for jump shots, and letting Orlando shoot wide open 3's all day! Hell I can shoot them that wide open and hit 5-10 if given the chance!

ASH0479

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMit View Post
    James needs to be more agressive and take the ball at Howard. He will get in foul trouble and end of the game! They are not going to the basket settleing for jump shots, and letting Orlando shoot wide open 3's all day! Hell I can shoot them that wide open and hit 5-10 if given the chance!

Wouldnt you think the coach would address those issues lets say....hmmm....maybe after the first game, make some adjustments....obviously not in this case...I could care less about the offensive end....if the Cavs score 95 they should win....If I am a Cavs fan I am pi$$sed watching 17 wide open 3's sink through the net....

Van Gundy showing Brown whats up....not bad for someone who was being talked about a week and a half ago as being panicky and on the brink of being fired

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

lebron is the coach not brown. which coach gives is team the day off after that shit performance in gm3. he needs to be hard on his overpayed clowns and let them know they had time off after atlanta and bust their balls. then again he has no balls to do that

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

The sad thing about this is Van Gundy isn't a great coach either. Orlando is just the better team with better players. Cleveland is being exposed for what it really is: Lebron James. Mo Williams and his supporting cast have not stepped up and Cleveland does not have the players to matchup with the Magic. As some of the commentators said, Orlando already won the chess match because Mike Brown was forced to play according to Van Gundy's lineups. Lewis and Turkoglu are huge mismatch problems and no one can guard Howard. What made today's game even worse is that Alston was hitting every shot he took. That's something you will not see again. The Magic lived by the long ball tonight and Cleveland played stupid down the stretch.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

ASH,

told you brown is clueless. instead of giving the dunk, get offensive fouls and put him on the line. they got smith, Z, verajao, wallace. thats 24 available fouls.

the kid,

stan only lives by one rule since last season. spread the floor, and three point play all the time. it has work for them cause they are leaving a man open. he is a genius cause their team is winning. thats not match up problem if your giving them open shots. look at the game. its matchup prob if you talking howard against verajao. but not when theres a pick and roll and easy jumpshot when the man defending is a foot away.

defend and do not stare and hope for a miss

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11331

Guys, I've seen every Cav game in the last 5 years and it's not Mike Browns fault. All the fault rest on Danny dumb dumb Ferry. Even Stevie Wonder can see that this team is 1 superstar surrounded by role players. Who on Cleveland outside of Lebron would start on Orlando? Denver? LA, Houston? Boston? Utah? Dallas???? NOONE.

This is the same team that couldn't find the ocean against Boston in game 7 last year missing wide ass open shots down the stretch. Do you really think this team became better shooters just by adding Mo? Mo was overrated as hell. He should be the 6 man coming off a bench to add scoring. I can list 20+ PG's better than him. He has zero defense and get broken down off the ball at will. Any guard worth his salt can shut his short ass down.

Cleveland beat up on bad teams all year. Whenever they played a quality team they usually lost. What was really fukked up was that Ferry could have gotten Shaq for Wally and Sasha. Ferry didn't pull the trigger because he's a fukking idiot. This team was getting killed in the paint against quality teams (embarrasing losses to the Lakers, Rockets, Magic). Mike Brown has been getting blood out of turnips. He can't do much more, neither can Lebron. It very clear that he's playing 1 on 5 which is sad.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11331

Orlando's bench players are better than Cleveland's starters. Gortat is better than any big man on Cleveland. Pietrus is better than any player other than Lebron. Anthony Johnson has outplayed Mo. The talent level is night and day. Anyone not seeing that is just not looking or clearly blind.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

This series has all been about 3pt shooting and Orlando is getting lucky at the right time.

X-Rated
    X-Rated's Avatar Become A Pro!

No matter what Mike Brown intend to do wont work much because Orlando is clearly the dominant team. This series is pretty much Lebron vs the Magics. No way in hell can you take on these 5.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    the kid,

stan only lives by one rule since last season. spread the floor, and three point play all the time. it has work for them cause they are leaving a man open. he is a genius cause their team is winning. thats not match up problem if your giving them open shots. look at the game. its matchup prob if you talking howard against verajao. but not when theres a pick and roll and easy jumpshot when the man defending is a foot away.

defend and do not stare and hope for a miss
    They don't call Van Gundy Mr. Panic for nothing. NBA Hero, Van Gundy is a horrible coach. He just has the better team in this series that presents a lot of mismatches for the Cavs. Orlando squeaked by Boston and almost blew two 15+ point leads if I can recall right. That comes down to coaching. It's easy to roll the ball out there and have your players play but Van Gundy has no idea what to do when his team has the lead and the other team starts making a run. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Magic are at their best when the floor is spread. That leaves Howard more room to operate underneath and allows Turkoglu to drive and dish. He's not a good coach. He's overrated.

jasont
    jasont's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Whats up with the hate on Van Gundy, he's a pretty good coach. He did a good job in Miami and now in Orlando (without their allstar pg). Lets not forget, Riley didn't get the Heat a title, Dwayne Wade did.
    The Magic gameplan and personnel is just better in every aspect of the game. I would commend Mike Brown for atleast trying something different today. There's no coach in the NBA that would be winning this series with the way the Cavs role players have played.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    This series has all been about 3pt shooting and Orlando is getting lucky at the right time.
    I hardly call 17-38 in game 4 lucky, 45 % in game 1, and 42% in game 3 lucky...theyve done it all season...Not to mention this series should be OVER, minus Jabrons lucky ass buzzer beater. I hate the magic but can't stand the ridiculous hype Jabron and the cavs are getting

Crash
    is not a pro
    Crash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

nooooooooooo not his fault its the cavs shitty guard play this round blame it on williams and awful delonte west!! magic out size and shoot the cavs this series is over!!!!

ASH0479

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    No matter what Mike Brown intend to do wont work much because Orlando is clearly the dominant team. This series is pretty much Lebron vs the Magics. No way in hell can you take on these 5.
    I know you didnt say dominant....two of their wins could have gone either way...bad decisions by the Cavs could have swung it the other way

ASH0479

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    I hardly call 17-38 in game 4 lucky, 45 % in game 1, and 42% in game 3 lucky...theyve done it all season...Not to mention this series should be OVER, minus Jabrons lucky ass buzzer beater. I hate the magic but can't stand the ridiculous hype Jabron and the cavs are getting
    PolskaKielbasa....in all honesty...if you and me were that wide open shooting....we would make those shots as well...thats all I am saying....as a coach you have to take something away...I would stay at home on the perimeter and let Howard try to beat me by himself...you put a hand up in their faces and it goes from 45% down to 32-35% quickly....In essence sooner or later it will equal out, this series is probably over, but in the Finals I wouldnt bank on the Magic shooting 45+% from lang range

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yall need to get off of it. Brown doesnt have the personnel to matchup with Orlando, and there hasnt been anyone consistent except for Lebron. Dude has tried everything, and it doenst matter b/c they still have no chance in the post against Dwight Howard.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

ya, but orlando shot the lights out against the celtics sooo...and as for hands in their faces...the only person who gets open looks is alston