cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Magic +1 = sucker bet.

Books are begging people to take the Magic this game. The books set this line to get all the squares that don't know any better to jump on Orlando.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Finally someone talking wisdom about this game. Cleveland is the play people.

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

The flip flop is in effect.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

The old wizzle dizzle play....ic

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Yep take the 1st team that was favored I know that rule!

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

you've got to be kidding...orlando who is 6-0 ats, at home, getting +2...that's the slam dunk...Jebron will get his 60 points and Orlando will head back to cleve up 3-1

cockblocker

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    you've got to be kidding...orlando who is 6-0 ats, at home, getting +2...that's the slam dunk...Jebron will get his 60 points and Orlando will head back to cleve up 3-1
    Looks easy huh? Thats why its called a sucker bet.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Everyone said the same things about the Celtics going into Game 7. 32-0 when they led a series 3-2, 20-5 in Game 7's, etc.

Nothing is a sure thing in gambling.

polishkielbasa10

orlando has played better, looked better, and has the better matchups...just like game 1, everyone thought Orlando was gonna get slammed...orlando has been in everygame with cleve all season...to get 2 points at home is a joke

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

orlando has played better, looked better, and has the better matchups...just like game 1, everyone thought Orlando was gonna get slammed...orlando has been in everygame with cleve all season...to get 2 points at home is a joke
    agreed.

X-Rated
    X-Rated's Avatar Become A Pro!

The question should be, whose side is the refs on tonight? Sometimes I look at the NBA as fixed. It is not a team that controls a game but the refs. Bookies and refs working together.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    The question should be, whose side is the refs on tonight? Sometimes I look at the NBA as fixed. It is not a team that controls a game but the refs. Bookies and refs working together.
    Exactly. If Howard, Lewis and/or Turkoglu are in foul trouble early and Lebron is taking it to the hoop like a man possessed, this game is Cleveland's.

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

+2 now...i'm on the magic and over tonite

Stock Fisher
    Stock Fisher's Avatar Become A Pro!

Orlando in my opnion is a sucker bet. The books are looking for aciton. Cleveland is the better team and have had a rough series. Thier problems start with thier point gaurds and fighting in the paint. A probable turn around will come, even with a mediocore effort its only 2-1. 2-2 Tonight.

Check this out hmmm....

ORL Magic v CLE Cavaliers
    Book Closes May 26 17:35
    ORL Magic+110
    CLE Cavaliers -130

CLE is -130!

Also look at what the books are predicting for exact series. Orlando is getting wonderful prices, cant say that for Cleveland, hmmm wonder why?

ORL Magic to win 4-1+800
    ORL Magic to win 4-2+225
    ORL Magic to win 4-3+800
    CLE Cavaliers to win 4-2+350
    CLE Cavaliers to win 4-3+140

Clearly theres a reason for the bad series pricing for Cleveland?
    These are bet365 odds.

Cleveland is the bet here. I got the series not the game. Just trying to state my opnion. Respect and good luck everyone.

Stock Fisher

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Why is Orlando +1 any more of a sucker bet than Cleveland -1, most of the public money is on Cleveland so if the books were trying to get people on Orlando they failed. But the books arn't that naive, they know most of the $$$'s going to go on Cleveland, if they really wanted money on Orlando they could have given Cavs a much higher and would have had much more money on the Magic spread with people thinking because most these games have been tight, so may aswell take the points.

If anything, more people have been encouraged to take the Cavs with the current line, the books win if Orlando wins. And it wouldn't be a total upset if they did win again at home so I don't see why the value is in Cleveland. Not saying Cavs can't do this but there's no need to write of Orlando and see this as easy money.
    Last edited by Karayilan9; 05-26-09 at 07:01 PM.

BCaldwell32
    BCaldwell32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1008

You guys just need to realize that the lines are not put out to trap people, they set the lines to get equal money on both sides and clean up on all the juice we are paying. The lines makers know that the idiotic betting public loves overrated Lebron James and they will bet on him regardless of the line. The true line for this game and should have been for game 3 is about Orlando -2.5 and maybe even 3. However knowing the donkey public is gonna bet Cleveland, they make the line more in Orlando's favor to try to get equal action and look what happened, it started at Orlando -1 and all the morons hammered Cleveland so now they had no choice but to move the line to get Orlando action. Bottom line is that Orlando is the much better team which is ridiculous to me that you guys all do not realize that yet!! Cleveland has no offense except for Lebron and he cannot win by himself, and they have been looking terrible on offense because Orlando has a great defense. Anything can happen in this game but Orlando is clearly the better team playing on their home court and they smell blood and they will take care of business today. Win or lose, it is a sucker bet to take Cleveland today, they have been overrated all year beating up on terrible teams and now they are showing that they are a one man team.

polishkielbasa10

I don't care what anyone has to say....that was total bullshit to call a foul on Petrius on that play at the end of regulation...Lebron is a joke, that ref should be under investigation for calling such a ridiculous call..and then to pull a no call on verijao...****ing joke
    these officials should be imbarrassed, as should anyone who bet on Cleveland...what a joke, absolute joke

TeamPlayer
    TeamPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't care what anyone has to say....that was total bullshit to call a foul on Petrius on that play at the end of regulation...Lebron is a joke, that ref should be under investigation for calling such a ridiculous call..and then to pull a no call on verijao...****ing joke
    these officials should be imbarrassed, as should anyone who bet on Cleveland...what a joke, absolute joke
    The NBA under David Stern is FIXED!!!!!

TeamPlayer

Get outta here Varejao!

TeamPlayer

The FBI needs to investigate David Stern!

TeamPlayer

That a way, Orlando!! Beat the Cavs and the REFS!

TeamPlayer

Beat the REFS! Beat the REFS! Beat the REFS! Beat the REFS!

polishkielbasa10

HAAAAAAAAA!!!! orlando what? thankyou very much magic +2..cleveland suks the dick, and got what it derserved tonight especially what that horrible officiating at the end of regulation

polishkielbasa10

how could anyone in their right mind, based on all the games and stats NOT take Orlando, at home, +2...

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by nysmoneyman View Post
    +2 now...i'm on the magic and over tonite

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cockblocker View Post
    Books are begging people to take the Magic this game. The books set this line to get all the squares that don't know any better to jump on Orlando.
    sucker bet huh.....70% of the public was all over the lebrons, and the magic were the sucker bet.

ok cb

what does a 1 point - ONE POINT line have to do with enticing the public to bet a certain way?

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Suckers!

Skalatharx
    Skalatharx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    sucker bet huh.....70% of the public was all over the lebrons, and the magic were the sucker bet.

ok cb

cockblocker

Guess I'm the sucker.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not trying to trash talk after the game - if i would have saw this post earlier i would have pointed out the public %......the other night i had said that the public would be all over cleav, which was another reason for me to take orl tonight....several people disagreed claiming that orl would be the public choice which was not even close to the case.

and thats fine, people should disagree, but i love when people start mocking others plays calling them "square" etc....

X-Rated
    X-Rated's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats to Orlando backers, eventhough I didn't bet tonight. For those that went with Cleveland and lost, make sure yall think about taking Lakers -6.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Guess I'm the sucker.
    its okay at least you can come on and admit it

Enforcer_23
    Enforcer_23's Avatar Become A Pro!

hehe guess the cavs were quite the sucker bet huh

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Guess I'm the sucker.
    Dont sweat it. I called my shot on Lakers ML game 4, and they proceeded to get demolished. This shit happens.