zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whos your pick to win the NBA finals this year

Now we can start talking basketball again Everyone and there entire family will of course continue to be on the miami bandwagon, but there will be great value to be had on the new york knicks and OKC. Should be a fun year. Hope my bulls can add a shooting guard to compete with the big boys.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

who gives a damn

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Powderguy View Post
    who gives a damn

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Oklahomo City

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Oklahomo City

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

chicago bullies or miami.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Miami

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11272

The heat of course

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6967

Cleveland... remember what the owner said

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Portland maybe but we still got to have free agency

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    chicago bullies or miami.
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bulls!

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

value on new york?

knicks will never win another nba championship

they are a loser franchise

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by TehSharp View Post
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bulls!
    One player away The fact that we played as bad as possible down the stretch in every one of the games against miami, and STILL had a chance to win is a good sign. Also with boozer and korver not even being a factor really. Should be exciting this year.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    value on new york?

knicks will never win another nba championship

they are a loser franchise
    How can you say they will never win another nba championship? Carmelo is one of the most underrated players in the nba, he's on the same level as lebron and wade. Watch this club for a full year and you'll see. They would of beat boston if they didnt lose there entire team. Shit, carmelo almost beat boston by himself.

EasyBreesy
    EasyBreesy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls once they get Howard in a trade.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Boston.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by EasyBreesy View Post
    Obviously they have no assets to trade or anything, but its nice to dream

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

Quote Originally Posted by EasyBreesy View Post
    I would cream my pants if that happened. Most dominating front court in the whole league, Howard, Noah and Deng. I hope the new CBA doesn't stricken the cap too much so it can happen.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Obviously they have no assets to trade or anything, but its nice to dream
    Umm Asik and Gibson aren't good trade bait? you're insane

zsr

I would cream my pants if that happened. Most dominating front court in the whole league, Howard, Noah and Deng. I hope the new CBA doesn't stricken the cap too much so it can happen.
    I dont think the cap would be an issue, its just the trade assets. Maybe 3 first round picks, boozer, asik, and noah. How awesome would that be. Probably ends up in LA though.

zsr

Umm Asik and Gibson aren't good trade bait? you're insane
    No, not when they can get andrew bynum and lamar odom..Obvioulsy no comparison there.

tkim8404
    tkim8404's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 982

Since Lebron James never shows up in the 4th Quarter. I'll go with OKC, Bulls, or Mavs.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

I dont think the cap would be an issue, its just the trade assets. Maybe 3 first round picks, boozer, asik, and noah. How awesome would that be. Probably ends up in LA though.
    No way man, NBA trades have to have equal salary compensation. For one, Howard is on the last year of his deal, therefore, all they would have to do is compensate for his 2012 salary in a trade. If they don't get him this year, they can just sign him in a sign and trade after this season and only give up one pick and no players.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

No, not when they can get andrew bynum and lamar odom..Obvioulsy no comparison there.
    I'm sure they want an oft injured center and a past his prime forward.....

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Bulls. I'm a total Bulls homer though

zsr

I'm sure they want an oft injured center and a past his prime forward.....
    Im just being realistic, i would love to see him in chicago but theres no way there going to trade him for 2 role players to come off the bench. The knicks gave up almost there entire starting lineup and 3 picks for a guy with equal talent in melo. and they only made that trade because melo wanted out, we havent really heard anything from howard quite yet.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

Im just being realistic, i would love to see him in chicago but theres no way there going to trade him for 2 role players to come off the bench. The knicks gave up almost there entire starting lineup and 3 picks for a guy with equal talent in melo. and they only made that trade because melo wanted out, we havent really heard anything from howard quite yet.
    When it gets closer to the trade deadline and the Magic realize that they are going no where fast, they will look for the best deal. You know he wants out. He knows it and the Magic know it. The Melo situation was different. The Nuggets had all the leverage. Melo said the only place he would go was NY, so the Nuggets held out and got the best deal. The Knicks couldn't risk not getting him and knowing the lockout was coming. Too much uncertainty.

With Howard, he just wants to win. He doesn't have one team he is locked on to. The Magic have the luxury of shopping him to teams. Why would the Magic want to take on Bynum; a 24 year old who has had two major surgeries with 30 million left on his deal and Odom, a 32 year old with 20 million left on his deal? They would much rather get younger MUCH cheaper talent.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says

Plus, As I stated earlier, the salaries still have to line up equally if they do trade him during the season. I don't think they will. He will be the Lebron of 2012. Hopefully he won't make a big skeptical of it like dumb ass Lebron did. I think Howard is smarter than that. I think he will become a free agent

zsr

Well, i think the only reason they would entertain the lakers offer and there big salaries, and why i mentioned boozer, is they would like to dump arenas huge contract too. I havent seen if they put in that amnesty clause into the CBA. If they did they'll probably just amnesty him anyway. Bynum is just the best potential replacement they could get, i dont even think they would take pau. Either way it will be fun to see what happens thats for sure. Maybe boozer gets it together and we dont need howard anyway

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

How can you say they will never win another nba championship? Carmelo is one of the most underrated players in the nba, he's on the same level as lebron and wade. Watch this club for a full year and you'll see. They would of beat boston if they didnt lose there entire team. Shit, carmelo almost beat boston by himself.
    Melo is lazy, won't rebound, blows defensive rotations like he gets paid extra to do it. The guy is a flat out loser. yeah he put on a show one game against boston. who won that game? people who think he is a legit superstar have not watched him phone it in, looking like he could care less more games than not. On offense he is a top 5 player in the nba... one game a week. he is lost on the other end of the court every game. cares only about his box score if/when he cares...

zsr

There whole team got hurt that series. He averaged close to a double double, with games of 40+ and 30+. I didnt watch him much in denver, but in new york he looked like a different guy. If they can change the culture and commit to team defense they can/will beat miami. Him and durant are the only 2 guys in the league who can take lebron one on one and beat him all game long. We know in the playoffs these teams will more than likely meet, this will be the defining moment in his career, your kidding yourself if you think he's not going to come out motivated on both sides of the floor. We all know the regular season in basketball is more or less meaningless.

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

There whole team got hurt that series. He averaged close to a double double, with games of 40+ and 30+. I didnt watch him much in denver, but in new york he looked like a different guy. If they can change the culture and commit to team defense they can/will beat miami. Him and durant are the only 2 guys in the league who can take lebron one on one and beat him all game long. We know in the playoffs these teams will more than likely meet, this will be the defining moment in his career, your kidding yourself if you think he's not going to come out motivated on both sides of the floor. We all know the regular season in basketball is more or less meaningless.
    How can you say he looked like a different player in New York if you didn't watch him play in Denver? In Ny he immediatly blamed D'antoni for having complicated defensive schemes.. Thats one of his other habits blaming anyone and everyone else when he comes up short. Just look at the guys putting up their season best numbers with him guarding them. Come in motivated? Guy got his extension already, will come in overweight with a big smile saying all the right things and go back to scoring a lot sometimes ( usually in losing efforts) and fading when it counts.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Miami, or some aging team taking advantage of the shorten season .. like Boston or Lakers.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Celtics,Bulls

123 Last