SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Easy $500

So, I'm at work. I work for my Dad's liquor store and he has the NY State lotto. So, we have scratch offs and you can buy numbers and all that fun stuff. I got a $20 tip today for giving someone a $579 winning take 5 yesterday and she gave me a $20 tip.

So, I bought a $20 scratch and won $500.

DO WORK

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

now you should go buy 25 more $20 scratch offs

easy money

SamsNCharge99

Naaaa, I know the odds and I know that if I do that, I will lose that $500 unless I hit another huge ticket. Trust me, working there you see people day in and day out lose trying the same strategy. The odds aren't there. If that worked, New York State would lose money.....that's not happening anywhere. If the Big Company doesn't have the odds of guaranteeing a win, they won't put the game out.

google99
    google99's Avatar Become A Pro!

but if you take that 500$ and place your wager on the games here i bet you'll get alot back

congrats!!

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by google99 View Post
    but if you take that 500$ and place your wager on the games here i bet you'll get alot back
    That's a good gamble. Scratch off's are all luck. I mean, betting a game in the end may be luck. But, I at least feel like I have some control over it. I know the info on the game and make my best judgement. So, I'll def. be making a higher bet on Pitt ML tomorrow.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i was saying that in jest, i dunno about ny but in my state only half of the revenue goes toward the payouts, so thats the equivalent of betting lines like this:

Philadelphia Eagles+4 -200
    New York Giants-4 -200

google99
    google99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    That's a good gamble. Scratch off's are all luck. I mean, betting a game in the end may be luck. But, I at least feel like I have some control over it. I know the info on the game and make my best judgement. So, I'll def. be making a higher bet on Pitt ML tomorrow.
    i agreed

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck, Sam. May the force be with you!