mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    So what's the verdict. Can he win a mile and half. .
    Yeah probably with a more patient ride.If he tries to go as early as he did in the Preakness he is toast.

Think this dirties Social Inclusion's form a little and he ran pretty big.Washed out and going nutz pre race , then stumbled a bit at the start, didn't get lead, still ran with CC for a while being wide the whole way and held 3rd.

He obviously doesn't like crowds but he is a grade 1 horse.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9854

I don't know why he didn't go to lead..that's his thing.isn't it....thought roc. Ran nice ..but I don't won't to be fooled of all the horses he passed ...they were all rats except social..inc. and he did get by him hslf way down...he did make a giant move going from last to third...around the bend.....he should have been closer ....its tough....now we get a different patch of .semi fresh horses .....I say it will be 8-10 in there..

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

who is this horse that is suppose to be so good waiting for chrome in the belmont?

mikemca
    Update Status

I don't know why he didn't go to lead..that's his thing.isn't it....thought roc. Ran nice ..but I don't won't to be fooled of all the horses he passed ...they were all rats except social..inc. and he did get by him hslf way down...he did make a giant move going from last to third...around the bend.....he should have been closer ....its tough....now we get a different patch of .semi fresh horses .....I say it will be 8-10 in there..
    He didn't go to the lead because he was all worked up for 10 minutes leading up to the race.Something similar happened in the Wood, maybe not as bad as Preakness, and he didn't break so sharp.Had to be used to get up there.I'm probably giving him too much credit for his Preakness effort but I thought he was going to finish closer to last after seeing how sweaty/worked up he was.Then he went crazy in the gate.

ROC definitely ran good .Finally got a decent trip and ran a big new top that puts him right there with the best in his crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Slim View Post
    who is this horse that is suppose to be so good waiting for chrome in the belmont?
    Tonalist,Danza,Wicked Strong....Not sure who else but looks like a big field

Not so sure about Tonalist yet but Danza and Wicked Strong ran much better than their Derby looks at face value and 1 1/2 miles could be the great equalizer.
    Points Awarded:

Magnolia Slim gave mikemca 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

I would probably be worried about Danza not sure what the field is yet, want to watch replay of Preakness in next few days. The peeps involved with Chrome knew what they were doing when they purchased that mare and had her bred, heard it explained called saber metrics

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    He didn't go to the lead because he was all worked up for 10 minutes leading up to the race.Something similar happened in the Wood, maybe not as bad as Preakness, and he didn't break so sharp.Had to be used to get up there.I'm probably giving him too much credit for his Preakness effort but I thought he was going to finish closer to last after seeing how sweaty/worked up he was.Then he went crazy in the gate.

ROC definitely ran good .Finally got a decent trip and ran a big new top that puts him right there with the best in his crop.

Tonalist,Danza,Wicked Strong....Not sure who else but looks like a big field

Not so sure about Tonalist yet but Danza and Wicked Strong ran much better than their Derby looks at face value and 1 1/2 miles could be the great equalizer.
    tonalist is the one i was speaking of.

harthebar

mike what does that mean, your post was nominated for saying ill try to beat the fer again....im lost on that..no glue.,, are they saying thanks for all your post ??
    On to the Belmont where I'll try to beat this fuker again

harthebar

The Bookkeeper in Race 1 at Gulfstream Park winner 7.60 64.20 exacta
    Last edited by harthebar; 05-18-14 at 12:37 PM.

harthebar

Awesome Gift on 5/18/2014 in Race 10 at Santa Anita.
    Soul Crusher on 5/18/2014 in Race 3 at Santa Anita
    Night Train Shane is scheduled to run on 5/18/2014 in Race 6 at Tioga Downs
    Drunken Love is scheduled to run on 5/18/2014 in Race 7 at Presque Isle Downs
    War Hawk is scheduled to run on 5/18/2014 in Race 1 at Lone Star

harthebar

test 123

harthebar

mike,jbex,slim,and all the rest of you all....what looks like the best to you guys or gils right now....this is good till 5-22

# Type Description Odds
    BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING}
    BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} - May 22
    ~~~~ NO REFUNDS ON NON STARTERS ~~~~~
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92051 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} CALIFORNIA CHROME -125
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92052 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} WICKED STRONG +800
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92053 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} DANZA +800
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92054 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} RIDE ON CURLIN +1200
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92055 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} SAMRAAT +1400
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92056 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} TONALIST +1600
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92057 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} SOCIAL INCLUSION +1600
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92058 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} INTENSE HOLIDAY +1600
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92059 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} COMMANDING CURVE +2000
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92060 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} KID CRUZ +2500
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92061 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} CANDY BOY +2500
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92062 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} COMMISSIONER +3000

BELMONT STAKES PROPS Lines From:05-18-2014 13:24:02
    Cut Off # Type Description Odds
    BELMONT WINNER {CHROME MUST RUN}
    BELMONT STAKES PROPS - May 22
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92071 BELMONT WINNER {CHROME MUST RUN} CALIFORNIA CHROME -125
    May 22 - 10:45 AM 92072 BELMONT WINNER {CHROME MUST RUN} ANY OTHER HORSE -105

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

nice hit

harthebar

thanks....after yesterday..lol i came close but roc just didnt have it
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    nice hit

harthebar

like the 3 in second half of double...but bad really low odds

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

Belmont Sun may 18

R2
    #6 Valseuse
    #2 Paty's Holiday
    #9 Fashion Fund

R5
    #1A Upper East Side //Scratched
    #4 Strueves Star 30-1
    #2 Giant's Passion

R9
    #9 J.Quirk
    #2 Roundnroundwego 20-1
    #11 Gratitude
    Last edited by Heppy10; 05-18-14 at 02:22 PM.

mikemca
    Update Status

If Chrome doesn't run because his connections want to take their ball and go home due to a nasal strip then just about every one of those futures is an overlay.Especially Wicked Strong and Danza who figure to be like 2 or 3 to 1 without CC.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3647

If Chrome doesn't run because his connections want to take their ball and go home due to a nasal strip then just about every one of those futures is an overlay.Especially Wicked Strong and Danza who figure to be like 2 or 3 to 1 without CC.
    Just read an article at blood horse about that. Looks like it's at the discretion of the stewards in NY on whether he can wear it. I'll have Another was denied the opportunity to use one In 2012 Belmont. Wonder if the veiled threat to possibly skip the Belmont has any substance. Would suck if he CC does not run, especially if it was for this reason.

TonyP
    Update your status

CC will run

harthebar

mike is there a rumor he might not run, or are you just messing.... i havent read anything about the race or anything today, just getting started...nasal strip ????????

harthebar

well if its up to them, they should let him wear it, does it give hime a edge, if not.go..its great for racing, economy, and just all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Just read an article at blood horse about that. Looks like it's at the discretion of the stewards in NY on whether he can wear it. I'll have Another was denied the opportunity to use one In 2012 Belmont. Wonder if the veiled threat to possibly skip the Belmont has any substance. Would suck if he CC does not run, especially if it was for this reason.

mikemca
    Update Status

I agree but wouldn't cave if I was NYRA.

If it has no effect on his performance then whats the big deal to take it off.They shouldn't change a rule because the owner/trainer is superstitious.

If it does have an effect then it's a performance enhancer.

harthebar

there has to be a few more horses that will enter ,right.......when do the entries have to be in by ?????
    mike,jbex,slim,and all the rest of you all....what looks like the best to you guys or gils right now....this is good till 5-22

TonyP
    Update your status

I think tongue ties should be listed in equipment or at least posted in changes cause I believe its a performance inhancer not sure about the nasal strip or what a nasal strip does for a horse

harthebar

FLAIR® Equine Nasal Strips Reduce Fatigue and Improve Respiratory Health in Horses

FLAIR Strips are self-adhesive strips that promote optimum respiratory health of equine athletes at all levels by reducing airway resistance and providing improved airflow when your horse needs oxygen most.
    FLAIR Strips provide benefits for all horses including intensively trained horses as well as for horses that only exert themselves during occasional weekend competitions or trail rides.
    During exercise when horses begin to breathe hard the soft tissues overlying the nasal passages are sucked in, reducing the airway diameter. This reduction in diameter causes greater resistance to airflow into the lungs. FLAIR Strips gently support the soft tissues over the nasal passages providing reduced airway resistance during exercise.
    By reducing airway resistance during exercise, FLAIR Strips help prevent fatigue related injuries, help protect the lungs from injury and bleeding and promote optimal athletic performance
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    I think tongue ties should be listed in equipment or at least posted in changes cause I believe its a performance inhancer not sure about the nasal strip or what a nasal strip does for a horse

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Bel R4 WPS on #5 As Well
    exz 5/3,4,9
    tri 5,7/5,7/3,7,10

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 69014

It is absolutely a performance enhancer Tony, in that, if your horse needs a tongue tie and you leave it off, the horse will typically not run nearly as well as if the horse has it on. But then again, so are shoes. Run them with no shoes on and the outcome will be different I promise you. Where does it all end?
    Do know that the tongue tie is regulated by the paddock judge that checks for any change of equipment from race to race including bit types , bandages, etc. But if a trainer decides to leave it off, which is very rare, but legal, or if a trainer decides to put one on, they do not need to declare it prior to racing. At least not in my time and that included N.Y.

All this stuff is dumb and NY racing needs to get over themselves. The old " we only run on hay, water and oats" line from 30 years ago before they allowed lasix was such a bunch of B.S. it was laughable. No lasix but... about a dozen anti bleeding medications that most other states did not allow and half that I had never even heard of Lol.. It was such a huge crock of crap. Leave it to racing and N.Y. in particular to cast a shadow on a possible triple crown achievement. Their keystone cop, bumbling around style where questions arise on the fly is exactly why the state of the game is where it is. (Although Mr. Sherman had to know this day was coming. He knew when he put it on that if he wanted to race with it in N.Y. there would be a question about it).
    One commissioner, one set of rules, etc. is what the game is screaming for . These track owners are a bunch of blow hard, stuffed shirt, knuckleheads if you ask me.
    Get over yourselves and let the damn horse run with the nasal strip. It helps C.C's owners and trainer mentally more than it does C.C. anyway. If it really worked that well, everyone would use it, like shoes, bandages and tongue ties if the horse needs it, etc. and most trainers don't.
    Points Awarded:

harthebar gave str 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

harthebar

belmont race 5 sheldon.
    keep a follow up on him ...very good...10-1

harthebar

thank s you said it
    Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    It is absolutely a performance enhancer Tony, in that, if your horse needs a tongue tie and you leave it off, the horse will typically not run nearly as well as if the horse has it on. But then again, so are shoes. Run them with no shoes on and the outcome will be different I promise you. Where does it all end?
    Do know that the tongue tie is regulated by the paddock judge that checks for any change of equipment from race to race including bit types , bandages, etc. But if a trainer decides to leave it off, which is very rare, but legal, or if a trainer decides to put one on, they do not need to declare it prior to racing. At least not in my time and that included N.Y.

All this stuff is dumb and NY racing needs to get over themselves. The old " we only run on hay, water and oats" line from 30 years ago before they allowed lasix was such a bunch of B.S. it was laughable. No lasix but... about a dozen anti bleeding medications that most other states did not allow and half that I had never even heard of Lol.. It was such a huge crock of crap. Leave it to racing and N.Y. in particular to cast a shadow on a possible triple crown achievement. Their keystone cop, bumbling around style where questions arise on the fly is exactly why the state of the game is where it is. (Although Mr. Sherman had to know this day was coming. He knew when he put it on that if he wanted to race with it in N.Y. there would be a question about it).
    One commissioner, one set of rules, etc. is what the game is screaming for . These track owners are a bunch of blow hard, stuffed shirt, knuckleheads if you ask me.
    Get over yourselves and let the damn horse run with the nasal strip. It helps C.C's owners and trainer mentally more than it does C.C. anyway. If it really worked that well, everyone would use it, like shoes, bandages and tongue ties if the horse needs it, etc. and most trainers don't.

TonyP
    Update your status

They allow the nasal strips in harness racing in new york wonder what the big thing is with tbreds

TonyP
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    It is absolutely a performance enhancer Tony, in that, if your horse needs a tongue tie and you leave it off, the horse will typically not run nearly as well as if the horse has it on. .

When I use to follow mountaineer a lot , if you looked after the race lots of those winners had tongue ties and you did not know if they had them on before the race or when they ran with one in the pp's wich would be nice to know or at least be able to see it visibly in walking ring or post parade cause I know it helps them perform.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

When I use to follow mountaineer a lot , if you looked after the race lots of those winners had tongue ties and you did not know if they had them on before the race or when they ran with one in the pp's wich would be nice to know or at least be able to see it visibly in walking ring or post parade cause I know it helps them perform.
    I guess it should be, but it is closely monitored if altered. But what the hell, players want info, why not let be public info. No harm in it .

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

They allow the nasal strips in harness racing in new york wonder what the big thing is with tbreds
    I was going to answer this but I am going to sleep on my response because the one I had typed would have knocked everyone's socks off. Not sure I want to go there but I promised Robmpink I would 2-3 years ago and never did for legal reasons. Not my legal reasons, someone else's.
    Either way I will answer, either reserved or what I just typed. But there is definitely an answer to your question.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

I will tell you what the nasal strip was all about. It was about wanting to come off to the feds who were threatening to intervene and take over the sport, that N.Y. racing was " cleaning the sport up" and that Doug O'Neill was not very welcome in N.Y. because of his past drug history. This was all a continuation of the Rick D. story that N.Y. painted to the public in portraying Rick as some sort of drug trainer who doped horses. Just look at his results. He must be using, right? Wrong, and not in my opinion. Just wrong, but it sounds right, so it's easy to believe and it feels good as a bettor to believe. I totally get that. I want to feel that way about trainers I do not know, that appear in the same light. I am just like everybody else in that regard. But in Rick's case, it is wrong.
    The racing public was starving for answers in a sport that is loaded with cynicism and were hungry for someone to be held accountable so N.Y. stepped in and served Rick up on a platter. Sad but very true and very difficult to argue because only one side of the story is being heard and bettors are pissed , as well they should be, with so little info and even less true explanations for them to better understand what is really going on.
    All that, is what the nasal strips in N.Y. are about.

TonyP
    Update your status

I know they ruled against IHA to wear the nasal strips in the Belmont Stakes after winning the first two legs of triple crown then he was scratched on an unrelated issue.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3647

I agree but wouldn't cave if I was NYRA.

If it has no effect on his performance then whats the big deal to take it off.They shouldn't change a rule because the owner/trainer is superstitious.

If it does have an effect then it's a performance enhancer.
    Looks like NYRA Stewards blinked. 3 Stewards approved the use of nasal strips for all horses running at NYRA tracks. It's effective immediately. Glad this potential controversy has been eliminated.

First ... 136137138139140141142 ... Last