LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Saturday Horse Racing Thread

The Hallandale card is pretty awful besides the Maiden Special Weights

But I do have a couple plays all surrounding Lashara

A Double Starting in the 5th, involving 2 of those MSW’s ,

Race 5

This is a very talented group, but #6 Lashara (8/1) , is my clear top pick. Don’t get all excited because this is a terrible morning line and will be your favorite at post time. But Mark Casse has a good one here. 3 year old filly outta American Pharoah, went for 973k @ auction. Just forget about the debut 3 weeks back, and this horse was always going to the lawn, and we know the AP’s have been doing great on the turf. The Last two works show what this girl is capable off. Saez Returns. Horses that make sense underneath include #2 Take Charge Ro (10/1) , Lynch and Bravo team up here on another one who looks to take to this turf course and improve at second asking for a piece. The Other AP is the #3 Egyptian Princess (8/1) , Off the 6 month layoff after running evenly in debut at the 95k level, Emisael rides for Walsh, and turf work mar 21 is extremely strong. #13 Unforeseen (6/1 AE) , Has been up and down the latter of MSW races, but 2nd off the running cycle and brings some more experience that others in here, makes a ton of sense underneath. #5 Church on Time (9/2) , Hard to dismiss Chad brown, but this is my least favorite horse to use underneath.

Would be looking at
    6 to win
    Ex 6 w/ 2,3,13
    Tri 6 w/ 2,3,5,13

Race 6

4 horses I want to include in the Double

#1 Liam’s Boy (20/1) , 3 year old gelding is bred perfect for this, the works look good and could ring the bell at first asking for a big price with overlooked connections. #6 War Detonator (15/1) , Hasn’t ran since debuting 20 months ago, but we’ve seen this show from this barn before and tyler rides. #11 My First Grammy (8/1) , Just ran in the Florida Derby, Should appreciate the cut back #13 Ima Pharoah (6/1 AE) , Impossible to leave off the ticket.

Thats it for Gulfstream today for me

Looking at Arkansas…

I believe Ricardo Santana Jr is suspended for the rest of the meet, check the changes.

I’ll be looking to take a shot at the late pick 4, that is all based around Basin in the Oaklawn Stakes I love this horse, and I think today will prove to be the best 3 year old coming outta the Asmussen Barn.

Race 9 Oaklawn Mile

Since I already know Im i have a single in this sequence Im looking to spread throughout. #2 Mr. Money (4/1) , I do not think is going to win this race, but its one you might kick yourself about , if he does. I really think the speed inside of him from Slick Silver (who is a horse that has won 6 in row vs much weaker and has zero chance to win here, but will be a pace presence) #3 Tom’s D’Etat (3/1) , Joel has worked some nice trips on this one in the last 2 and comes in fresh, Joel does it right, this one should get the perfect trip. But it is rosario after all. #14 Improbable (7/2) , Of course Have to include for Baffert. #13 Fight On (20/1) , Is a longshot, that I’ll never leave off for Doug Oneill. #6 ** Warrior (15/1) , #7 Snapper Sinclair (10/1) , #8 Bankit (15/1) , #4 Pioneer Spirit (6/1) , All kinda bulk together and are very familiar with each rival. If you use one of these you pretty much have no argument in not using the other(s)

So for me Its 3,13,14… or 2,3,4,6,7,8,13,14

Race 10

#1 Prodigious Bay (20/1) , Love how Mr. Moquett has this 3 year old colt so hidden. Debuted vs much tougher near last thanksgiving @ Churchill and ran 3rd to Mr Monomoy (who was a big time derby contender before getting hurt and has qualified, might be ready now after the postponement) Then just came back at this level and was done early off that long layoff. Very live long shot, taking a step forward second off the bench. #7 Oxide (5/1) , I like the company this one has kept, and comes in fresh. Big Player #9 Eddy Forever (9/2) , Goes into a new barn and I want to leave off, but the works tell me I can’t. #10 Dean Martini (7/2) , Is simply a must include. #8 Urbanite (10/1) , has the same logic as the Longshot I prefer on the rail. #12 Hunt the Front (6/1) , Lets just say Joel is gonna love riding this one.

So its 1,7,9,10 for me

Race 11 Oaklawn Stakes

Look I get #4 Thousand Words (5/2) , Has done nothing wrong, won first 3 races including G3 and G2, and only loss was the Authentic, Honor AP race, in which they are two big time derby contenders and I love the fact Baffert gave Talamo the mount. But as I stated earlier its all about #1 Basin (7/2) , Granted I played him last time finished 3rd behind Nadal who was freaking good. But remember that was off 7 month layoff. This horse was the most impressive horse @ the spa last summer , boosts that dominating G1 hopeful win vs Asmussen’s other best in Shoplifted and Gozilla. And broke the maiden beating Three Technique who is a very strong horse for Bill Parcells and Lost by a nose to By your Side , on debut. Its time to shine today!

Race 12

#1 Jungle Warfare (6/1) , Like to include Baze on one in this sequence and I love Sadler when he stretches out like this, especially 3rd off the layoff. Making a mistake leaving off. #4 Limonite (8/1) , I like the company this one has kept , dropping off the layoff. #6 Exulting (4/1) , Another loaded with back class, dropping off the bench, #9 Cashanova (8/1) , Hard to ignore the numbers at this distance and over this track. #12 Two Emmy’s (12/1) is actually my pick to wire the field at number. Always shows up and was clear 2nd behind By my standards two back.

So its 1,4,6,9,12

So the Pick 4 looks something like this

Other Notes on the Card…

R4 : is a really fun race between Cleon Jones, Shooters Shoot, and Always fun to watch Blackberry Wine (especially if the weather hits)

R6: You won’t get 5/2 but Captain Bombastic is such a good horse and should handle these in here.

Please share your plays and thoughts

Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 04-10-20 at 09:03 PM.

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12288

Gulfstream- more single plays than anything, horizontals look tough.

R1- Too many options, no strong feel, maybe #1 or #10 at a price but both MLs are off.

R2- Tyler’s 3 will be heavy favorite

R3- Could make a case for all so who knows.
    2,3,5 like most

R4- #1 is only closer in the field, no way goes off 20-1. Will play #1 single win bet most likely.

R5- Like #6 here, doubt get the ML, some other decent ones in here. Will single if I play early p5, but if I do, it will be a really short price ticket.

R6- #1 getting overlooked, if #13 gets in look out but really tough post position. WIll play #1 single bet. Brown’s #4 is intriguing.

R7- Many options..#7 does look like a decent choice.

R8- #1 will be a short price even though a long layoff, could single in late p6 but some others have my interest.

R9- Many choices, tough read, Ward’s #7 might be my top.

R10- #1-3 like the most due to best value.

R11- Many options---#1,2,8,9 for value. Saez #10 will be a short price.

R12- Like #2,4,9 most.#4 loves the track, #3 drops in class is intriguing at a price.

R13- #4,9 logical but maybe #5 at a price.

Oaklawn- Rain could be in forecast. WIll adjust these tomorrow if needed. Late P4. Might play other races as day goes on since it has a better card than GP.

R9-
    Rosario leaves GP, which I thought I heard, if you leave as a jockey you can’t come back due to Covid-19 concerns. Not sure if it’s true. Rosario 4 for 4 on #3, can show speed if necessary but who are we kidding Rosario will stalk and do his late strike (he’s struggled with it lately, but does well with this one). Gotta include. The #2 had a solid three year old season and has been working out really well in the AM. Both #2 and #3 coming off layoffs, might need one. #4 intrigues me as Diodoro is the hottest trainer in the country right now, 24/31 on the board finishes. #7 with Geroux finished in front of # 4 last time (both behind Night Ops) in a sloppy track. #8 0-5 on Oaklawn main track is a nibbler, #13 is a value pick, might toss on ticket if I can fit,#14 Baffert got the short end of the draw but must be included.

R10

No clear cut favorite here. #12 with a tough post so Rosario will need to ride smartly. Horse was far back last time expect the same here. #10 looks like he likes turf more, but seems logical here with top Oaklawn jock and good trainer. #9 has Diodoro and Mojica, good stats, looks formidable. #4 second by good margin to Blackberry Wine (running in allowance R4 today here so pay attention). #7 Coming out of a good maiden race might be my top pick at a distance that fits him well. #1 DD under the rader here, like his jockey style has a good post in this one.

R11

Basin got thrown to the wolves last start in first two turn race and his first race since Sept. He'll be ready today with a good post. Ran in slop last time so if it's same today, no issues. Expect big improvement. #2 longshot but did decent last out and has won in slop before underneath #4 hated his last start and will be overbet with BB, have to include but like #1 best. #8 steps up in class, retains Rosario stepped up big time last on slop will need to stay closer to pace, Rosario's favorite hah. #9 has potential, distance concerns me a tad as #12 tough post but will be charging late like G2 rebel where he beat the #9 and Blackberry win (R4 today) Pletcher 6 for 14 at Oawlawn past two years.

R12

#1 3rd off layoff with Sadler, #3 will try to wire field where speed should be all his also third off layoff responsed will to blinkers off last out. #4 off a layoff drops in class, #5 steps up with Rosario won last two in good form likes distance, could be tough in here. #6 my pick for this one, tough trip last time at the as blinker change last time didn't help, but he's dropping from 3 graded stakes races where he raced well. #9 Loves the track, leading jockey with Cox gotta use, #10 in good form like the #5 but both stepping up to face these toughers, form there, #12 Tough post if breaks well could challenge #3 for lead, finished well behind By My Standards who is a beast won first time out this year. Great value.

Want to see the track conditions/scratches before I post my plays closer to race times. GL today everyone.
    Last edited by Jellymancan; 04-11-20 at 12:52 PM.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

The knowledge here is unreal

pilebuck13

Gulfstream saturday

Race #12 #8 Horse Jakarta to show
    Race #6 #9 horse expensive style to show
    Race #9 #5 horse Bahamian prince to win

Let’s see what happens

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5906

Race #4 oaklawn check out #5 Blackberry Wine. I don't think I have ever seen a horse disqualified from 2 wins due to medication then droped back to maidens which he destroyed. Same barn too....very interesting

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

good luck

what does it mean to be disqualified for medication? like they test them for drugs after a race?

edit: NVM found the answer

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...sole-positives

Jellymancan

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    The knowledge here is unreal
    Lkid has knowledge. I'm still getting my feet wet, go check out STRs thread if you want knowledge. Best thread on the horse forum.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I just took a look at the radar, I was going to put my picks in:

2:30 begins rain in Hot Springs, and more persistent coverage will hit at 4:30 and beyond, it looks like. Not ideal.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

It’ll would be fun to watch blackberry wine in the mud

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68823

Another fine write up thread.

Ventura
    Ventura's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Race #4 oaklawn check out #5 Blackberry Wine. I don't think I have ever seen a horse disqualified from 2 wins due to medication then droped back to maidens which he destroyed. Same barn too....very interesting
    Joe Sharp had bunch of wins Disqualified for bad tests for an over the counter dewormer that was bought at tractor supply that had a banned substance. Claims it was an honest mistake. As an owner I would be furious.

JayTris07
    JayTris07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

GL to you Kid and everyone else,

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Joe Sharp had bunch of wins Disqualified for bad tests for an over the counter dewormer that was bought at tractor supply that had a banned substance. Claims it was an honest mistake. As an owner I would be furious.
    I could see the mistake happening. But twice???

If you have a bad test, typically you would be notified within 2-3 days. The 1st thing a trainer would do I would think, is to find out the drug, and make damn sure it cleared the system before re entering the horse.
    Plenty of people bought wormers from outside sources other than the vet. I did as well when the vet prices went crazy in the 90's. It saved the owners money. But... you had to check to make sure all the ingredients were fine to run on. Simply show a tube to the state chemist. That is what I did. But, he was on site at Laurel so maybe it's not that easy in other venues.
    Still, twice?? That's crazy. Had to be some owner fallout after that mess.

Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Oaklawn race 11...#1 Basin and #4 Thousand Words are the logical choices here, being the only graded stakes winners. #12 Farmington Road adds blinkers and will be dangerous closing into what I expect to be a decent pace up front. I really don’t see any others challenging the top 2 here, except for my longshot play here.

#2 Coach Bahe 20-1, added Lasix last out in the G2 Rebel and responded with his top beyer figure finishing just 1/4 length behind Basin. I love horses that run 2nd time Lasix after a good showing the previous race. Has never run on a fast track, but proven over an off track with a win and place prior to his good effort in the Rebel. The added distance won’t hurt either.

Ventura

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    I could see the mistake happening. But twice???

If you have a bad test, typically you would be notified within 2-3 days. The 1st thing a trainer would do I would think, is to find out the drug, and make damn sure it cleared the system before re entering the horse.
    Plenty of people bought wormers from outside sources other than the vet. I did as well when the vet prices went crazy in the 90's. It saved the owners money. But... you had to check to make sure all the ingredients were fine to run on. Simply show a tube to the state chemist. That is what I did. But, he was on site at Laurel so maybe it's not that easy in other venues.
    Still, twice?? That's crazy. Had to be some owner fallout after that mess.
    There seems to be more to the story. From the article on Paulick report Sharp said he pulled it on December 12 and had disqualifications through December 28th. Blackberry Wine was then dq’d again on January 18th. Seems like a mess.

Jellymancan

Question---who does the morning lines at GP?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    There seems to be more to the story. From the article on Paulick report Sharp said he pulled it on December 12 and had disqualifications through December 28th. Blackberry Wine was then dq’d again on January 18th. Seems like a mess.
    Thirty seven days and still in the system. Wow. And if he pulled it then, when did he administer it to the horse. you would typically worm a horse 2 days after it had run, certainly not just before running it. At least that was how I was taught.

I agree, there has to be more to this story.

Thanks Ventura.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    Question---who does the morning lines at GP?
    The same person that makes sure the races run at post time I think.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Gulfstream

R1
    #1 Bolt, WPS - Top jockey, speed good post on the rail, Emisael to get it done.

R2
    #3 Witch Hunter, deserving favorite, play him at ML odds if you get it. 3-9-5 for the exotics

R3
    4,3,7 with these maidens. The #7 is a bomb and Reynolds does great with 1st timers, look at him if you get that 20-1 ML, WPS

R4
    5,3,7 - Azkaree to get it done, Enzo is classy, will be a bit out of wack here still though, Danzo from the clouds

R5
    5,6,1 - I'll trust the connections, I know L-Kid loves Lashara --- let's see if Church on Time makes me proud.

R6
    You guys fill me in here, lol, MSW

More later, I have most of the Oaklawn card 'capped, but the rain makes me skittish ...

Best of luck!

Jellymancan

Ha, good answer!

Ventura

Yet they still find a way to go off at the same time as another track.

Anyways, I know Jay Stone is/was the Gulfstream oddsmaker at one point recently.

Jellymancan

P5- GP
    All

$20

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Yeah Jelly, let's go boy! I'll post mine soon.

Race 1 $.10 super paid over 50k! Unreal, 74-1 over 23-1, etc

Jellymancan

Odd ride by Jaramillo in that first race. No P4 for me and passing on this next one.

Jellymancan

This was fun lol

GULFSTREAM PARK
    RACE 2 EXBOX

TOTAL $4.00

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Nice

Jellymancan

GP R3

#3 Light Fury W

Vasquez back to back

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Lol, Man these early races ugly , still nothing for me yet

Jellymancan

GP R4

#1 Major Kelly W

#1,7 Exbox
    Last edited by Jellymancan; 04-11-20 at 12:56 PM.

Jellymancan

Early P5 going to pay big, big $

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Huge bombs

dylan earned that

Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

A few long shots I like today at Oaklawn...

Race 2...#6 Midnight Sway 20-1

Race 6...#4 Fortheluvofbourbon 15-1

Race 7...#5 Plane Talk 12-1

Race 8...#8 Promising Shoes 20-1

Race 11...#2 Coach Bahe 20-1

Race 12...#3 Hunka Burning Love 15-1

Had not looked at all scratches and just noticed my 2nd race pick had scratched.
    Last edited by Wabashwonders; 04-11-20 at 12:53 PM.

Jellymancan

R5 GP

#6 Lashara W

pilebuck13

Ugly races so far

1234 ... Last