singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you want to watch the local English language broadcasts - Dubai Racing TV broadcasts on the net.

http://www.dmi.ae/live.asp?lang=en&ChannelID=5

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Just about every race looks wide open aside from a favorite or two in each race but they have question marks.Will try to update when I look more thoroughly in the AM but this is the first run through.

Super Saturday

Race 2
    8-Emirates Flyer 6-5 is probably going to be a pretty heavy favorite but as with most of the field has never been this far.Everywhere I look 3-Asmar 12-1 is being touted despite being a maiden going against winners.It is expected that he will improve with distance.The oddball I can't toss is 6-More Aspen 30-1 who is 1 of the 2 who actually cut back in distance.Form looks bad getting crushed by Ihtimal last two races but that is a very good horse.I could just box those three or make a decision between 1-He's No Saint 4-1 and 9-Full Combat 6-1.

Race 3
    No doubt the two best horses in here are 6-Shea Shea 3-1 and 15-Sole Power 7-2 but both come in off layoffs and both have the Al Quoz Sprint on World Cup Night as main goals.The other options are 2-Catcall 12-1, 1-Beat Baby 20-1, and 12-Alsaaeqah 20-1.All three have had a promising prep run over the course and distance.

Race 4
    Crazy 6f sprint where the favorite is likely to be around 5-1 in this 14 horse field unless 14-Soft Falling Rain gets hammered.Hard to imagine 10-Reynaldothewizard 8-1 going off at his ML after the way he dominated the carnival last year .Those two are the most logical and given the competitiveness of the race their prices are going to be juicy relative to the talent they've showed in the past.I am intrigued by the Chinese invader 5-Rich Tapestry 15-1 who comes out of one of the fastest 6f sprints anywhere albeit on turf.

Race 5
    11-Variety Club 2-1 is the single on the card ,a winner of 6 straight after finishing 2nd in debut for a 7-6-1-0 career record it will be hard to make a case against.He will be around even money and whoever the 2nd choice is will be around 10-1.Beyond that one though it is wide open so payouts would be huge if somehow the 11 got bottled up,dumped jock, or some other event.I guess 30-1 on 4-Forjatt would be the alternative due to upside of improving on new surface.Next would be 1-Dasterhan 30-1 who has good post and should have some bottom cutting back 2 furlongs.

Race 6
    4-Mount Athos 8-1
    15-Meandre 8-1
    9-Heavy Metal 20-1
    3-Empoli 12-1

Race 7
    Could just box Prince Bishop and African Story and call it a day but what seems easy usually isn't.The outsiders worth a look are Side Glance 12-1,Joshua Tree 20-1, and 12-Educate 40-1.

Race 8
    5-Linton 12-1 ran huge off a similar layoff last September.4-L'Amour de Ma Vie 10-1 along with the two faves are the others

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9844

here is the sheet for tomorrow , i know you have it mike

dubai 3-8-14.pdf

mikemca
    Update Status

Booooooooooooooooom

mikemca
    Update Status

Just crushed race 4 for win bet /exacta and likely $1,000+ Pick 3!!!

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Just about every race looks wide open aside from a favorite or two in each race but they have question marks.Will try to update when I look more thoroughly in the AM but this is the first run through.

Super Saturday

Race 2
    8-Emirates Flyer 6-5 is probably going to be a pretty heavy favorite but as with most of the field has never been this far.Everywhere I look 3-Asmar 12-1 is being touted despite being a maiden going against winners.It is expected that he will improve with distance.The oddball I can't toss is 6-More Aspen 30-1 who is 1 of the 2 who actually cut back in distance.Form looks bad getting crushed by Ihtimal last two races but that is a very good horse.I could just box those three or make a decision between 1-He's No Saint 4-1 and 9-Full Combat 6-1.
    Exacta $37.20

Race 3
    No doubt the two best horses in here are 6-Shea Shea 3-1 and 15-Sole Power 7-2 but both come in off layoffs and both have the Al Quoz Sprint on World Cup Night as main goals.The other options are 2-Catcall 12-1, 1-Beat Baby 20-1, and 12-Alsaaeqah 20-1.All three have had a promising prep run over the course and distance.
    Whiffed on verticals but got through the leg in P3

Race 4
    Crazy 6f sprint where the favorite is likely to be around 5-1 in this 14 horse field unless 14-Soft Falling Rain gets hammered.Hard to imagine 10-Reynaldothewizard 8-1 going off at his ML after the way he dominated the carnival last year .Those two are the most logical and given the competitiveness of the race their prices are going to be juicy relative to the talent they've showed in the past.I am intrigued by the Chinese invader 5-Rich Tapestry 15-1 who comes out of one of the fastest 6f sprints anywhere albeit on turf.
    $2 Payouts

Rich Tapestry Pays $31.00--$7.00
    5-10 Exacta Pays $404.20
    3-6-5 Pick 3 Pays $917.40

singgooner

I have always be cautious of Dubai form - Goldolphin horses seem to improve bundles in Dubai and then do not translate their form abroad !

Do they drug test Shiekh Mohammed's horses.

Take 2 Godolphin winners today.

Excellent Result - could only win a big handicap in UK - goes within Goldolphin's walls and today wins an International Group 2

Prince Bishop - last race in England - 8th in an international Group 3 - then today at Meydan - wins an International Group 1

How do the trainers do it - or shall I rephrase that - how do the Dubai chemists get away with it ! LOL !

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by singgooner View Post
    I have always be cautious of Dubai form - Goldolphin horses seem to improve bundles in Dubai and then do not translate their form abroad !

Do they drug test Shiekh Mohammed's horses.

Take 2 Godolphin winners today.

Excellent Result - could only win a big handicap in UK - goes within Goldolphin's walls and today wins an International Group 2

Prince Bishop - last race in England - 8th in an international Group 3 - then today at Meydan - wins an International Group 1

How do the trainers do it - or shall I rephrase that - how do the Dubai chemists get away with it ! LOL !
    Prince Bishop's last race he won a Group 2 Feb 6th.He likes the tapeta at Meydan and was 2nd choice.Not really out of nowhere performance.

Excellent Result Doesn't make sense on any figures ,form,class,There were at least 7 or 8 horses that are better than him.I agree it was unusual but I think if Mount Anthos wasn't squeezed into the rail he finishes 1st instead of 3rd.Excellent Result and Mount Anthos were both about to hit a hole midway through the stretch E Result had a better angle on it so he got there forcing Mount Anthos to the inside of the horse trying to squeeze through and zapping all momentum he had.

The Godolphin Runners dominate the early part of the meet because their horses are stabled there.It is a huge edge the first month.Horses shipping in have to pass quarantine the get a few works in and then a fitness race.So it could be the middle to end of the carnival before the outsiders catch up.And they do usually.
    Godolphin cares 1000000000x more about their breeding operation so I don't see why they would jeopardize any suspicion of drugs in horses.I know Al Zarooni got caught but maybe he was trying to make extra money or gain higher stature in Godolphin.I just think Godolphin sees the racing side as fun and the breeding shed as business .

Maargs
    Maargs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Great stuff

Maargs

is that link available here

Maargs

Godolphin are just grear sportsman

mikemca
    Update Status

Entries are out for World Cup Night.Only a few US runners most notably Ron The Greek but I think he was sold to maybe the Saudi's.Looks like Jose Lezcano and Leandro Gonclaves are the only jocks making the trip.Lezcano will ride Twilight Eclipse in the turf feature Dubai Sheema and Ron The Greek in the World Cup.Gonclaves rides Berlino de Tigre in the turf sprint Al Quoz.

On the opposite end Japan and Hong Kong send the largest amount of horses ever.They have around 2-4 horses almost every race.Brings a whole new angle to try and decipher.

Posts are drawn Wednesday and could make a difference in the majority of races because they are so even.

mikemca
    Update Status

posts for the big one

1-Prince Bishop
    2-Belshazzar
    3-Vancouverite
    4-Akeed Mofeed
    5-Sanshaawes
    6-African Story
    7-Hillstar
    8-Military Attack
    9-Side Glance
    10-Surfer
    11-Hokko Tarumae
    12-Ruler Of The World
    13-Mukhadram
    14-Red Cadeaux
    15-Cat O'Mountain
    16-Ron The Greek

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6955

looking forward to your plays Mikemca...not a big tb fan but Dubai is out of this world amazing....

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

I really have no clue how to handicap these races without Brisnet doing them.

cecil127

I look at the pps if I can and consult mikemca's selections....done aight so far...

mikemca
    Update Status

Random thoughts at first glance...will post picks on Friday

Japan horses seems to have a strong hand in a few races.

Race 2 could see some big payouts in the Exacta ,Trifecta, and Superfecta pools but looks like it's between 2-3 horses for the win.

Race 3 it's going to be tough to beat Cavalry Man ,maybe someone trying the distance for the first time or some other possible improvement angle would be the way to go.

Race 4 I'm against Long John...Aiden O'Brien wins this race what seems like every year.

Race 5 Shea Shea is good but taking even money on him has to be the worst bet you can make on this card.Amber Sky is a beast and probably no way you get 8-1 on him.

Race 6 Sterling City will not go off at 20-1 but apparently didn't handle the travel too well.Looks enticing but beware.Tough race

Race 7 Just A Way might be a decent price because of 3 other quality horses.

Race 8 is the best race on the card.It's a multi continent all star race.

Race 9 might be the most competitive World Cup ever.Not the best field ever assembled but arguably the most even.Rained all day and night yesterday in Dubai and could changed the track make up.

cecil127

#9 in the fourth race looks like a possible threat...

#4 in the fifth race gets my attention despite the 15/1 ml....

race 6: what have u heard about the journey of SC?

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    #9 in the fourth race looks like a possible threat...

Asmar is sort of a wise guy horse because of how good he looked last race and his breeding.He is a 1/2 brother to Breeder's Cup Filly & Mare Turf winner Zagora so the theory is he should get better and better with distance.

#4 in the fifth race gets my attention despite the 15/1 ml....

Medicean Man doesn't string together quality efforts that often so he may be operating on borrowed time.In the past when he steps up into Group level fields he doesn't hit the board.That said he seems to be running better than ever which is odd being he is 8 and would never talk anyone off a price that big.

race 6: what have u heard about the journey of SC?

His trainer James Moore has 3 horses entered World Cup Night all making the trip from Hong Kong.He said Sterling City handled the travel the worst of the 3.He does have one of the best jocks in the world on his back though in Joao Moreira.

mikemca
    Update Status

World Cup Night

Meydan

Race 2
    5-Soft Falling Rain 9-2, 10-Shuruq 3-1, and 15-Variety Club 4-1 have a pretty big edge on the field.Not going to pay much if they come in 1-2-3 so would pick one and put it on top in EX or pick 2 and put them on top of TRI.The prices I'm using are 11-Mull Of Killough 30-1, 9-Flotilla 12-1, and 14-Brightline 12-1.

5-Soft Falling Rain 9-2(Best price of the contenders but can insert whichever of the 3 faves here)
    11-Mull Of Killough 30-1(Best value)
    9-Flotilla 12-1
    14-Brightline 12-1

Race 3
    If 7-Cavalryman 5-2 doesn't win it could be any of the others.Wish some pace figures were available so I could have a better idea who might stretch out the best.3-Ernest Hemingway 12-1 , 8-Joshua Tree 10-1 , and 15-Simenon 20-1 look tempting at their prices.

7-Cavalryman 5-2
    3-Ernest Hemingway 12-1
    8-Joshua Tree 10-1
    15-Simenon 20-1
    12-Now We Can 20-1(Can go 5 deep if keying the 7 or use next 4 if tossing all favorites and swinging for the fence)

Race 4
    Going to try and beat Long John here and really tired of Aiden O'Brien /5-Giovanni Boldini 5-2 winning this race by default every year but hard to dismiss them both.9-Asmar 6-1 and 8-Toast Of New York 20-1 could still be progressing.2-Paxamadia 15-1 could get involved if last was strictly a tightener as 4 of his races before that are competitive.

5-Giovanni Boldini 5-2
    2-Paxamadia 15-1(top long shot)
    9-Asmar 6-1
    8-Toast Of New York 20-1

Race 5
    On paper its a match race between 8-Amber Sky 8-1 and 12-Shea Shea 1-1.At the prices it's a no brainer who the win bet is.A couple long shots to throw in are 10-Catcall 15-1 and 11-Ahtoug 12-1.

8-Amber Sky 8-1
    12-Shea Shea 1-1
    10-Catcall 15-1
    11-Ahtoug 12-1
    6-Hamza 15-1(if trying to beat one of the favorites)

Race 6
    It's insane that Rich Tapestry is 4-1 and 4-Sterling City is 20-1 on the ML.The 4 would be a big bet if not for his trainer saying he didn't travel as good as his other 2 runners on the night.So many ways to go in this race.5-Reynaldothewizard 7-2 and 8-Complicate are the others.Currently on the international market Rich Tapestry and Sterling City are co-favored at 11-4.Trying to beat them if that is the case.

8-Complicate 6-1
    5-Reynaldothewizard 7-2
    10-Jamesie 12-1
    2-Balmont Mast 10-1

Race 7
    Almost everyone has the top 4 Just A Way,Dank,The Fugue, Vercingetorix and the others running for 5th.When things looks that easy it usually isn't.9-Blazing Speed and 12-Logotype both are Group 1 winners while 6-Tokei Halo is a Group 2 winner and came within a length of DWC runner Akeed Mofeed or would be a G1 winner too.All three are 30-1 on ML.

11-Vercingetorix 5-1(literally changed my mind 10x which 1 or 2 to use.)
    2-Just A Way 9-2
    9-Blazing Speed 30-1
    6-Tokei Halo 30-1
    12-Logotype 30-1

Race 8
    A lot of good horses in here and I like almost all of them aside from US interest Twilight Eclipse.The IT horse is 3-Denim And Ruby 8-1 who has gotten rave reviews on the way she looks and has been training in Dubai.Cirrus Des Aigles,Gentledonna, and Magician are the obvious contenders.Like a few of the other races I will probably have to decide on 1 or 2 of them and combine them with my long shots 5-Mount Athos 20-1 , 6-Dunaden 30-1, and 14-Dominant 30-1.

15-Cirrus des Aigles 6-1(Is the best horse in the race but contemplating tossing because of bad post)
    3-Denim And Ruby 8-1
    14-Dominant 30-1
    6-Dunaden 30-1
    5-Mount Athos 20-1

Race 9
    This World Cup is crazy how even 90% of the field is.I am taking a stand and sticking with my Asian infatuation.11-Hokko Tarumae 12-1 , 4-Akeed Mofeed 10-1 , and 2-Belshazzar 10-1.The popular choice is Military Attack 8-1 but imo chances are inflated due to a perfect trip win.

2-Belshazzar 10-1(If you want to dismiss this horse don't watch his last two races.Took crazy wide routes and kept coming)
    4-Akeed Mofeed 10-1(A little worried because of last race but if you throw that one out he looks very good)
    11-Hokko Tarumae 12-1(Should be up on the pace in a race without any)
    7-Hillstar 30-1(Strictly a hunch but could have improved a ton over the winter and price makes it worthwhile)

Public Picks

R2--Shuruq
    R3--Cavalryman
    R4--Long John
    R5--Shea Shea
    R6--Sterling City/Rich Tapestry
    R7--The Fugue
    R8--Magician
    R9--Ruler Of The World but every almost tipster I've seen picked Military attack

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9844

Thanks mike

singgooner

If you want to see the LIVE Dubai One local English TV broadcast - it will be broadcast on this link -

http://www.dmi.ae/live.asp?lang=en&ChannelID=4

I have just tried and it is not working - but have been told it will work tomorrow/Saturday

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    Thanks mike
    NP

Can't go by the MLs...This is who everyone is landing on.

Race 2
    Shuruq
    Soft Falling Rain
    Variety Club
    Everyone else over 8-1

Race 3

Cavalryman is a heavy fave
    Everyone else over 6-1

Race 4

Long John less than 2-1
    Giovanni Boldini around 2-1
    Asmar only other horse in single digits about 6-1 all others 10-1+

Race 5

Shea Shea is really even money
    Amber Sky around 3-1
    Sole Power 7 or 8-1 and all others 10-1+

Race 6

Sterling City 5-2
    Rich Tapestry 3-1
    Reynaldothewizard 9-2
    all others 10-1+

Race 7

The Fugue 3-1
    Just A Way 4-1
    Dank 6-1
    Vercingetorix 7-1
    Mshawish 7-1
    all others 15-1+

Race 8
    Magician 5-2
    Gentledonna 4-1
    Denim And Ruby 6-1
    Cirrus des Aigles 7-1
    others 10-1+

Race 9 is wide open
    Ruler Of The World 4-1
    Military Attack 5-1

singgooner

By the way, Dubai TV's Racing Channel link works - but it will all be in arabic today for their biggest day of the year

http://www.dmi.ae/live.asp?lang=en&ChannelID=5

The moon chasers have put the english programme on Dubai One link

http://www.dmi.ae/live.asp?lang=en&ChannelID=4

But of course, "inshallah" it will be there - as they din't give a f**k about foreigners - so if it happens - it happens for the english link !

Good luck if you try it - there are tons of other internet links out there and I think the DRF will be broadcasting a PMU link LIVE as well.

Have fun

mikemca
    Update Status

World Cup Night

Meydan

Race 2
    5-Soft Falling Rain 9-2, 10-Shuruq 3-1, and 15-Variety Club 4-1 have a pretty big edge on the field.Not going to pay much if they come in 1-2-3 so would pick one and put it on top in EX or pick 2 and put them on top of TRI.The prices I'm using are 11-Mull Of Killough 30-1, 9-Flotilla 12-1, and 14-Brightline 12-1.

5-Soft Falling Rain 9-2---------------------2ND
    11-Mull Of Killough 30-1
    9-Flotilla 12-1------------------------------3RD
    14-Brightline 12-1must have lost 4th close to the wire
    Variety Club wins as the 5-2 fave
    Last edited by mikemca; 03-29-14 at 08:29 AM.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Mike just got here to race book going to play your selections in ex or w/p thanks

mikemca
    Update Status

World Cup Night

Meydan

Race 4
    Going to try and beat Long John here and really tired of Aiden O'Brien /5-Giovanni Boldini 5-2 winning this race by default every year but hard to dismiss them both.9-Asmar 6-1 and 8-Toast Of New York 20-1 could still be progressing.2-Paxamadia 15-1 could get involved if last was strictly a tightener as 4 of his races before that are competitive.

5-Giovanni Boldini 5-2
    2-Paxamadia 15-1(top long shot)
    9-Asmar 6-1----------------------------------------2ND
    8-Toast Of New York 20-1---------------------------1ST
    This should pay nice

mikemca
    Update Status

Exacta pays $251.60

cecil127

race 5: trifecta 8/12 with 8/12 with 4/9/11....

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

thanks for the info guys

just now rolling out of bed from a late night

in time for race 5

mikemca
    Update Status

race 5: trifecta 8/12 with 8/12 with 4/9/11....
    gl

I'm doing $24 exactas every race($2 Box)

cecil127

my tri just missed....oh shea-shea

nice mike, 'nother winner for you!

mikemca
    Update Status

World Cup Night

Meydan

Race 5
    On paper its a match race between 8-Amber Sky 8-1 and 12-Shea Shea 1-1.At the prices it's a no brainer who the win bet is.A couple long shots to throw in are 10-Catcall 15-1 and 11-Ahtoug 12-1.

8-Amber Sky 8-1-------------------------1ST
    12-Shea Shea 1-1-----------------------3RD
    10-Catcall 15-1
    11-Ahtoug 12-1-------------------------2ND
    6-Hamza 15-1(if trying to beat one of the favorites)
    This should pay OK given Amber Sky was an overlay at 3-1

mikemca
    Update Status

my tri just missed....oh shea-shea

nice mike, 'nother winner for you!
    thx yeah

that's why I have to box everything.it sucks if you have the right horses but not in the right order

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Thanks Mike got ex in 5th 8, 12/10, 11

First 12345 Last