mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Dynaformer Pensioned

My favorite sire will no longer be making babies.Dynaformer has been among the best for a while now in producing Graded Stakes winners so I guess he passes the torch on to Kittens Joy,Artie Schiller,War Front, and Rock Hard Ten when looking for those 1st turf jump ups.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9644

Off the top of my head I would say he was not a sire of sires though. He could get a top class

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9644

class horse on either surface. Sorry for cut off post

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    Off the top of my head I would say he was not a sire of sires though. He could get a top class
    Yeah that might be his one weak spot but he has plenty of success as a broodmare sire.Not many sires of sires like Storm Cat but just in terms of producing runners Dynaformer is up there with anyone.Storm Cats foals won around 115 million while Dynas had 107 million.

some of his runners

Americain $4.96 Mil
    Rainbow View 1.12
    Barbaro 2.30
    Blue Bunting 1.06
    Perfect Drift 4.71
    Film Maker 2.20
    Riskaverse 2.18
    Brilliant Speed 1.04

Purim
    Harmonious

mikemca
    Update Status

Taken from a blog showing how badazz Dynaformer is

"As a personal aside, I have a soft spot for a horse who could be one of the meanest nastiest toughest SOB's ever. His barn nickname is "Hannibal Lector". One of his grooms showed me the hand that is missing part of a finger due to Dynaformer. The metal bars of his stall are dented and dinged from kicks and bites. His feed bucket is malformed. The horse, when I saw him was in his early 20's! My mom and I were out at the farm on a tour. She really wanted to "meet" Smarty Jones. I was interested in Point Given and Dynaformer. Albert the Great was a love bug who mostly liked to be petted and sleep. Point Given was jealous when others got attention and Smarty was the star. Off to the side, and with a guard in front, was Dynaformer. No one was allowed near the stall. I managed to engage the groom in conversation and conveyed my respect for the greatness of the mean old cuss. I told him of the eventers my friends owned with his blood. His groom whispered that I should wait for the tour group to leave. Once the barn cleared, he asked for help. Dynaformer was lipchained and shanked from both sides and attended by TWO grooms. But, they brought him out and stood him up for me and my mom. He was an awesome specimen. Not pretty at all, but proud, strong, coarse and well aware of his worth. I didn't have the nerve to ask if I could touch him..........I was already concerned for the jobs of the grooms. But, being in his presence was really something to remember. I was in awe and scared at the same time.........and I still have all my fingers."

Justin_sane
    not insane
    Justin_sane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Too bad he wasn't able to give Barbaro a full sis