JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8182

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Makes sense . He's got those Singletary eyes.

But he would have lost badly to Ruffian in a stare down. Lol.
    singletary eyes..very good !!

yeah ruffian wasn't going to be intimidated by anyone and remember you had the same observation about her

interesting how an $800k plus yearling who was 3/3 and won by a combined 22 lengths starts off at $7500..kind of a rhetorical question as it's got to be the 3 starts spaced out because of physical issues..on his video on the site they cover that and say just getting him to the races for the 2nd or 3rd start (maybe both) was a testament to his toughness..of course its a business and they're going to put the best spin on it that they can..they do have a couple of stallions on their roster who've done very well with limited career starts and of course that was also mentioned..they have an impressive lineup including curlin the cleanup hitter..hope I'm not droning on too much lol but I do use this a lot in my handicapping and find it very interesting besides

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Makes sense . He's got those Singletary eyes.

But he would have lost badly to Ruffian in a stare down. Lol.
    amazingly enough the last race at lone star is the "singletary stakes"and it is named after him (not surprising)..
    have to give it a look as it's a nice field ..on turf 7:57 post

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    amazingly enough the last race at lone star is the "singletary stakes"and it is named after him (not surprising)..
    have to give it a look as it's a nice field ..on turf 7:57 post
    lone star

R11 #2 me and mr c (5-2)

would play a price if I liked one (even with the coincidence)

very consistent

right level (listed stakes secondary track)

other things look good also..rather be non-descript to not jinx it lol

Last edited by JBEX; 06-27-21 at 05:48 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

today los alamitos R5 winner

butkus $18.80 (not me)
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-27-21 at 07:43 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

lone star

R11 #2 me and mr c (5-2)

would play a price if I liked one (even with the coincidence)

very consistent

right level (listed stakes secondary track)

other things look good also..rather be non-descript to not jinx it lol

7/5 no good

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3632

The 2-Minute Man

So dubbed for his strategy of making significant win wagers at 120 seconds to post, the self-described "professional horse player" texted proof of some 550k taken down over the course of a single afternoon just recently.

The 30-year-old resident of Chicago disdainfully eschews all computer methodology or pre-fabricated past performance features including (but not limited to) self-generated odds-lines; pre-assigned running styles or pace-rankings; any sort of "power" or "class" ratings..etc..etc.

"If it's not real and raw, I never look at it," he says. Perhaps best characterized as a flexible and intuitive handicapper, the 2-minute man stresses trips (which he claims "99.9 % of bettors don't truly understand"), race flow, trainer intent, and form cycles, while approaching various tracks and distances in different manners.

I can't speak to the guy's bottom line, but have seen screen shots of other significant hits, and can't recall being quite so impressed by a player. As you might expect, he is sharply opinionated and extremely confident, proclaiming himself "the very best" at disseminating fairly basic fundamentals.

The 2-minute man works alone and seems the old-school antithesis of betting syndicates. Whether or not he is a form of cryptonite-even a small sliver-to them remains indeterminate to me, but one thing IS for sure,: on Wednesday the 2-minute man seized more than a half-million dollars (from horizontal wagers) and left the geeks empty handed.

Hey STR: If you ever get involved with handicapping one day on a regular basis do you think you would pattern yourself after this guy the "2 Minute Man"

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68773

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    The 2-Minute Man

So dubbed for his strategy of making significant win wagers at 120 seconds to post, the self-described "professional horse player" texted proof of some 550k taken down over the course of a single afternoon just recently.

The 30-year-old resident of Chicago disdainfully eschews all computer methodology or pre-fabricated past performance features including (but not limited to) self-generated odds-lines; pre-assigned running styles or pace-rankings; any sort of "power" or "class" ratings..etc..etc.

"If it's not real and raw, I never look at it," he says. Perhaps best characterized as a flexible and intuitive handicapper, the 2-minute man stresses trips (which he claims "99.9 % of bettors don't truly understand"), race flow, trainer intent, and form cycles, while approaching various tracks and distances in different manners.

I can't speak to the guy's bottom line, but have seen screen shots of other significant hits, and can't recall being quite so impressed by a player. As you might expect, he is sharply opinionated and extremely confident, proclaiming himself "the very best" at disseminating fairly basic fundamentals.

The 2-minute man works alone and seems the old-school antithesis of betting syndicates. Whether or not he is a form of cryptonite-even a small sliver-to them remains indeterminate to me, but one thing IS for sure,: on Wednesday the 2-minute man seized more than a half-million dollars (from horizontal wagers) and left the geeks empty handed.

Hey STR: If you ever get involved with handicapping one day on a regular basis do you think you would pattern yourself after this guy the "2 Minute Man"
    Real long 2 days EZ.

Appreciate the question.

I will answer it ASAP. Sure do want to give time to an accurate response.

Thanks my friend.

Easy-Rider 66

Real long 2 days EZ.

Appreciate the question.

I will answer it ASAP. Sure do want to give time to an accurate response.

Thanks my friend.
    OK thx STR no rush take your time.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

The 2-Minute Man

If I was doing what he does, the easy answer would probably, yes, at least fairly close to that. Not because he is doing it, but because much of that is what I have been doing or did for many a year.
    I have discussed trips, race flow, form cycles, and to a small degree, the idea of trainer intent in this massively long and still enjoyable thread for the past 10 years.
    With this story though, I see big holes in it. I can go into that if you care to hear about it but I don't want to bash. On the contrary, I'm sure the guy is pretty good at what he does. So maybe (probably)it's the writer who characterized some of the things the 2 minute man stresses with the wrong words. I don't know.
    But to your question, I would be using a fairly similar approach.
    I was going to go all into that and am happy to but I stuck to you question instead of going off on a tangent. Lol.
    Thanks EASY. Always a pleasure talking with you.

Easy-Rider 66

OK STR good deal. thx. I thought that with your knowledge and experience you would use a similar approach. I am the opposite as I depend heavily on the BRIS computer rankings on speed, pace. prime number, and running styles. Part of what makes this a great game is the different styles of handicapping. Thx again.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

didn't look yesterday but looked over some of the results..in delaware R3 a 2yo msw there was a fts winner that won by 9 lengths and paid $106

by a freshman sire who won by > 10 in his 2nd start at dmr as a 2yo in august

paternal grandsire strictly sprint and well above avg first out sire

dam won by >7 first out as a 2yo vs msw at gulfstream .. not only that but did this in may @ 5f

trainer big roi over a decent sample size this year including bringing in some bombs in msw races

jockey's first mount this year and unflashy works probably part of it.. I know how you feel about that and I feel the same..actually they're not that bad and nicely spaced

interesting that the breeder is the name of the horse llc..also always wonder how a horse like this winds up with the owner if it's not auctioned..word of mouth,some connection to the breeder,craigslist lol..with how she performed I'm guessing owner might be connected to breeder ??
    Last edited by JBEX; 07-06-21 at 03:42 AM.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

didn't look yesterday but looked over some of the results..in delaware R3 a 2yo msw there was a fts winner that won by 9 lengths and paid $106

by a freshman sire who won by > 10 in his 2nd start at dmr as a 2yo in august

paternal grandsire strictly sprint and well above avg first out sire

dam won by >7 first out as a 2yo vs msw at gulfstream .. not only that but did this in may @ 5f

trainer big roi over a decent sample size this year including bringing in some bombs in msw races

jockey's first mount this year and unflashy works probably part of it.. I know how you feel about that and I feel the same..actually they're not that bad and nicely spaced

interesting that the breeder is the name of the horse llc..also always wonder how a horse like this winds up with the owner if it's not auctioned..word of mouth,some connection to the breeder,craigslist lol..with how she performed I'm guessing owner might be connected to breeder ??

With some of the info you stated about the sire and dam, that would have been important info to have.

Real hard to say if this trainer knew exactly what he had or had no clue. Other than the gate work which was required, the other two works were on Sundays. ( Gate is closed on Sundays). I don't know what that means, but it does mean something. First jockey mount all year??? If that was to get a price, it worked. Lol.

Kind of a weird deal with the name of the breeder and owner/ horse stuff. I don't get it but it would be a nice story to hear.
    And yes, sometimes it is darn near a craigslist thing. I bought more than one from guys like the guy I bought some hay from. Saw his yearling out in the field, with some goats, etc. Lol. Paid 1,500 cash. Done. That's the one I lost for 35k and stepped all over Pleasant Colony in a gate work and forced P C into early retirement. ( that story is in this thread somewhere.)

You can bet the secretary's office got more than one phone call this morning looking for the trainers cell number. It will be interesting to see if he sells the horse or keeps it. I'm sure he has already got a couple of offers.

Crazy game JBEX.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

With some of the info you stated about the sire and dam, that would have been important info to have.

Real hard to say if this trainer knew exactly what he had or had no clue. Other than the gate work which was required, the other two works were on Sundays. ( Gate is closed on Sundays). I don't know what that means, but it does mean something. First jockey mount all year??? If that was to get a price, it worked. Lol.

Kind of a weird deal with the name of the breeder and owner/ horse stuff. I don't get it but it would be a nice story to hear.
    And yes, sometimes it is darn near a craigslist thing. I bought more than one from guys like the guy I bought some hay from. Saw his yearling out in the field, with some goats, etc. Lol. Paid 1,500 cash. Done. That's the one I lost for 35k and stepped all over Pleasant Colony in a gate work and forced P C into early retirement. ( that story is in this thread somewhere.)

You can bet the secretary's office got more than one phone call this morning looking for the trainers cell number. It will be interesting to see if he sells the horse or keeps it. I'm sure he has already got a couple of offers.

Crazy game JBEX.
    to be honest I did take a peek at the pp's earlier that day but none of the obvious things I look for were there ..exp auction,well bred homebred ,exp relative to the specs..next level would have been looking into the grandsire but we'll let bygones be bygones..can't have it back

I really do think on the way I rate things in this scenario wouldn't have been that concerned about the owner breeder connection because the other info was so good..it is something that means something to me when the other things are just a little interesting ..the info is rarely this overwhelming especially at 50-1 ..really amazing

actually just watched the race for the first time and she did it just effortlessly..as you said sure trainer is fielding some pretty lucrative offers..nice situation to be in for sure

have to read the story you were telling as I haven't seen it..guess if i search pleasant colony it would probably get me there ..will definitely take a look..thanks str

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

to be honest I did take a peek at the pp's earlier that day but none of the obvious things I look for were there ..exp auction,well bred homebred ,exp relative to the specs..next level would have been looking into the grandsire but we'll let bygones be bygones..can't have it back

I really do think on the way I rate things in this scenario wouldn't have been that concerned about the owner breeder connection because the other info was so good..it is something that means something to me when the other things are just a little interesting ..the info is rarely this overwhelming especially at 50-1 ..really amazing

actually just watched the race for the first time and she did it just effortlessly..as you said sure trainer is fielding some pretty lucrative offers..nice situation to be in for sure

have to read the story you were telling as I haven't seen it..guess if i search pleasant colony it would probably get me there ..will definitely take a look..thanks str
    with the jockey I just meant it was his first mount this year..looks like a 7-8 % low volume guy over quite a few years

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

del R3 #2 sally's mustang (8-1)

trained by your friend mark reid..

looks very good to me..toss slop debut and last not bad at all..at least the 2nd and 3rd place horses out of that race repeated..adds blinkers and he's excellent off a short layoff..realize you probably know the layoff stuff..looks spotted well..two favorites break from the outside

weird path the favorite has gone..run in bottom maiden 5k 's earlier in the year but has shown a lot of life since being switched over to the turf..with that jock,outside post a good bet against imo..the 11 outside of her more worrisome to me..charlie marquez solid jock vs the others in here

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

del R3 #2 sally's mustang (8-1)

trained by your friend mark reid..

looks very good to me..toss slop debut and last not bad at all..at least the 2nd and 3rd place horses out of that race repeated..adds blinkers and he's excellent off a short layoff..realize you probably know the layoff stuff..looks spotted well..two favorites break from the outside

weird path the favorite has gone..run in bottom maiden 5k 's earlier in the year but has shown a lot of life since being switched over to the turf..with that jock,outside post a good bet against imo..the 11 outside of her more worrisome to me..charlie marquez solid jock vs the others in here
    Mark will always be at his best 3rd off the lay. It's how he was taught.
    Adds blinkers, you know I like that.
    Great work out of the gate for the blinkers "ON" card, mid June. And it was with this gate crew which always is an edge, as compared to another gate crew somewhere else. That means, they have notes on her as to how to best load and keep happy. Like I said, always an edge over a horse the crew might not know. Every little bit helps.

Only possible negative in my mind would maybe be if you are relying on a Beyer number because that was on the fastest turf course of 2021 including the rest of the year on the 14th of May.( Black eyed Susan Day before Preakness day.) We talked about that.
    If you can still like the horse without a lot of emphasis on the Beyer, and I see no reason why not, I like it.
    Go Mark (heavy) Reid !!

ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

This has nothing to do with horse racing really but wondering anyone has the same problem as me:

Ordered the Saratoga Handicapper for the first time this year but wanted to order another product which was Saratoga Handicapper Trainer Stats so I called the 1-800 number (since I don't have a US phone plan) and left 2 messages for Jim and Dennis

I also have emailed them countless times and no answering besides the one yesterday saying

"you have to calm down! I'm in Vermont and Dennis is in south Florida and it's under a hurricane watch. Be patient!"

I have not sent payment but it is not good when you get no response and left wondering if they even want to take my order

Just wondering if anyone else had problems with them before? Jim always "seems" busy I guess

Thanks

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    This has nothing to do with horse racing really but wondering anyone has the same problem as me:

Ordered the Saratoga Handicapper for the first time this year but wanted to order another product which was Saratoga Handicapper Trainer Stats so I called the 1-800 number (since I don't have a US phone plan) and left 2 messages for Jim and Dennis

I also have emailed them countless times and no answering besides the one yesterday saying

"you have to calm down! I'm in Vermont and Dennis is in south Florida and it's under a hurricane watch. Be patient!"

I have not sent payment but it is not good when you get no response and left wondering if they even want to take my order

Just wondering if anyone else had problems with them before? Jim always "seems" busy I guess

Thanks

I have purchased the main publication and not the extras in the past.. don't remember having any problems with them when I did but it was at least 10- 15 years ago.. bad attitude for sure responding like that

ConleyPicks

I have purchased the main publication and not the extras in the past.. don't remember having any problems with them when I did but it was at least 10- 15 years ago.. bad attitude for sure responding like that
    Yea I know I should be more patient like what he said

I have never had to deal with him this way but apparently he is in Vermont now and Dennis is taking over so I called them today and got the voice mailbox and left 2 messages

Hopefully Dennis can reply back and pray that everything will be good

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Yea I know I should be more patient like what he said

I have never had to deal with him this way but apparently he is in Vermont now and Dennis is taking over so I called them today and got the voice mailbox and left 2 messages

Hopefully Dennis can reply back and pray that everything will be good
    I think you'll wind up getting it worked out..I used to love the main book and heard the extras were very good also..still don't like the attitude they gave you

ConleyPicks

I think you'll wind up getting it worked out..I used to love the main book and heard the extras were very good also..still don't like the attitude they gave you
    I think so too but Saratoga is a week away! I guess I should have put my order in sooner

I hope he learns that not everyone is based in the USA and can respond within 24 hours of a message

Usually he can get right back but not getting back for a few days now worries me that he a) doesn't want my business or b) he is still working on my order and I am making more of a fool of myself

I hope the books can get here on time

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

I think so too but Saratoga is a week away! I guess I should have put my order in sooner

I hope he learns that not everyone is based in the USA and can respond within 24 hours of a message

Usually he can get right back but not getting back for a few days now worries me that he a) doesn't want my business or b) he is still working on my order and I am making more of a fool of myself

I hope the books can get here on time
    i'm sure when you do get it you will like the product and even if it's a few days late it's a long meet ..hope it work's out for you

ConleyPicks

i'm sure when you do get it you will like the product and even if it's a few days late it's a long meet ..hope it work's out for you
    Thanks JBEX

When I ordered the "Saratoga Handicapper" on the Friday I thought that all the handicapper books were the same but this one actually does not break it down like the Woodbine Handicapper which I was wanting it like that

So I am now hoping that Jim Mazur has been kind enough to now send me the Saratoga Trainer Stats book

I have 2 books in store for Saratoga and hoping at least they would come by the next 2-3 weeks or else I would have to play email tag/phone tag again which I don't like doing lol

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

delaware R6

#4 flight risk (5-2)

now I know this horse is going to be short but really think he's well meant and positioned to win here..looking at what he was claimed for and what he has won (understand probably a loss with expenses) this is the spot he's placed right and they're OK with losing him ..if claimed and winners share that's over $20k from the race ..3rd long layoff ,back in less than half the time between his first 2..even though he was last that pim race figure wise would probably handle this spot easy..top trainer and jockey and they are amazing as a pairing..understand these things are always speculative..what do you think ?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

hey str

delaware R6

#4 flight risk (5-2)

now I know this horse is going to be short but really think he's well meant and positioned to win here..looking at what he was claimed for and what he has won (understand probably a loss with expenses) this is the spot he's placed right and they're OK with losing him ..if claimed and winners share that's over $20k from the race ..3rd long layoff ,back in less than half the time between his first 2..even though he was last that pim race figure wise would probably handle this spot easy..top trainer and jockey and they are amazing as a pairing..understand these things are always speculative..what do you think ?
    Not so sure he will be short. I would not think that. But he does love to run 3rd. So hang a bit maybe. But... this race came up really weak. This is more like an open 7,500 type race or even less than that. I see Georgia is laying back in off a win for the same price with the bottom horse. That's odd as she usually protects them quite a bit.
    If you have a hanging horse like this one, when you lay them in as this one is doing, they can be superior enough to just overwhelm the field. Hopefully that happens here. Got to think Ness feels the same way you do about losing the horse and getting the purse. Can't worry about losing money as that has happened for too long. Time to win and earn if possible. It is a great spot from a condition in the book perceptive and the race came up weak. Got to be pleased with that going in to the race.

All in all, unless the horse is coming apart again, and I doubt that, he should win this race. Some cheap early speed inside to provide an honest pace so it seems on paper. That should allow this horse to save all the ground his rider wants to and respond when asked against much lesser than he has faced in a long time, if ever.

I like the spot. Only hate the thirditis but you can't have it all.

A solid pick IMO.

Good luck JBEX.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32574

Was "Cat Thief" the coolest name for a horse ever?

(one of my all time favorite horses too)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Not so sure he will be short. I would not think that. But he does love to run 3rd. So hang a bit maybe. But... this race came up really weak. This is more like an open 7,500 type race or even less than that. I see Georgia is laying back in off a win for the same price with the bottom horse. That's odd as she usually protects them quite a bit.
    If you have a hanging horse like this one, when you lay them in as this one is doing, they can be superior enough to just overwhelm the field. Hopefully that happens here. Got to think Ness feels the same way you do about losing the horse and getting the purse. Can't worry about losing money as that has happened for too long. Time to win and earn if possible. It is a great spot from a condition in the book perceptive and the race came up weak. Got to be pleased with that going in to the race.

All in all, unless the horse is coming apart again, and I doubt that, he should win this race. Some cheap early speed inside to provide an honest pace so it seems on paper. That should allow this horse to save all the ground his rider wants to and respond when asked against much lesser than he has faced in a long time, if ever.

I like the spot. Only hate the thirditis but you can't have it all.

A solid pick IMO.

Good luck JBEX.
    I see what you mean about the 3rds but I do believe there's a big class edge which for me overcomes that and as you said everything can't be right

see you know who the trainer is..looked her up and seems to go back a ways on the maryland circuit but very low volume

glad you agree and like him..I think he will go off lower but hope you are right on that..although I think 4-1 or higher and he's dead..something to watch a little later on ..thanks str

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

(one of my all time favorite horse too)
    no i like hoof hearted

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

well you were right about the odds..amazing how a horse who wins for the same price at pimlico and now basically
    taking the next step to n3l can go off that price (9-2 ml.. paid $46) (not mine so there's no confusion to others)I noticed in the his last race he was close to a scalding (according to figs anyway) fast pace and went an adjusted 23:2 2nd quarter..final figure a little low but might
    have had to do with that pace..benefited from another very fast pace here but came from further back..no excuse for mine from what I saw..guessing the drop may pertained to something wrong but liked the look on paper
    Last edited by JBEX; 07-12-21 at 03:20 PM.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

(one of my all time favorite horses too)
    Sorry for the delay. My family had a hell of a scare but my oldest son is going to be ok in time the doctors are telling us. Ugh.

That’s a real cool name for sure. There are so many great names. I guess that’s one of the different things about the track from other sports.
    Naming horses is tougher than you think. I struggled with it. Finally started using nicknames, bands and songs I liked to get them ok’d with the Jockey club. Names like Mr. October, Silver Bullet Band, Still the Same, that kind of stuff.
    Thanks for checking in. Always a pleasure.

Easy-Rider 66

Good luck to your son STR. hope everything turns out good.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32574

My sentiments also.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Sorry for the delay. My family had a hell of a scare but my oldest son is going to be ok in time the doctors are telling us. Ugh.

That’s a real cool name for sure. There are so many great names. I guess that’s one of the different things about the track from other sports.
    Naming horses is tougher than you think. I struggled with it. Finally started using nicknames, bands and songs I liked to get them ok’d with the Jockey club. Names like Mr. October, Silver Bullet Band, Still the Same, that kind of stuff.
    Thanks for checking in. Always a pleasure.

sorry to hear.. glad he will be ok

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

My sentiments also.

sorry to hear.. glad he will be ok

Thanks guys.

I really appreciate it.

Easy-Rider 66

First ... 143144145146147148149 ... Last