PSABB
    PSABB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

PSABB's 2010-11 NHL Hockey Picks

Hey all,

Long time lurker, recently registered member. Will be keeping all of my picks here for ease. Good luck to all.

Tonight's selections:

Florida Panthers ML -120 vs. NY Islanders *1 UNIT*
    Washington Capitals ML -139 vs. Philadelphia Flyers *1 UNIT*

PSABB

1-1 to start the season thanks to my Flyers pulling out a win in the shootout. As much as I like seeing my home team win, this thread is about making money. Period.

Florida Panthers ML -120 vs. NY Islanders *1 UNIT*
    Washington Capitals ML -139 vs. Philadelphia Flyers *1 UNIT*

NHL Season Record: 1-1, 50%, -0.39 UNITS

CapsFan
    CapsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good hit on Florida Tough break on the caps

PSABB

Thanks. Caps should have had that game, but that's the way it goes.

Only one selection today...

Atlanta -1.5 PL vs. New York Islanders *1 UNIT*

This is a solid play, with the Islanders in the second half of a home/away b2b situation. They haven't been in this situation this year, but last year they were outscored 6-1, 5-1 and 6-3 when in the same boat. And sorry if my numbers are off by a goal...capped this game last night, and I'm writing this on the road. It's a solid play

PSABB

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS

Atlanta -1.5 PL vs. New York Islanders *1 UNIT*

NHL Season Record: 1-2, 33%, -1.39 UNITS

Atlanta didn't do as expected so the only game I selected yesterday didn't cash. I have three juicy possible selections for this evening...just want to crunch some numbers and make the calls. Will post selections later this afternoon.

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

anything for today mate??

PSABB

Two plays for today, with analysis...

Nashville Predators ML +123 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets *1 UNIT*
    - Columbus comes back home riding a successful 3-game road trip that saw them take down San Jose, LA and Anaheim. Columbus has not had a 4 game winning streak since March 2009. and I don't see them getting it against Nashville. Columbus is 10-27-7 in its last 44 games against Nashville, and 1-1-4 last season. A lot of Nashville's success against the Blue Jackets belongs to Pekka Rinne, who is 5-2-0 with a 2.67 goals-against average in eight career starts against them. On the flip side of the coin, Columbus' goaltending has not fared well against Nashville. Steve Mason is 3-2-3 with a 2.55 GAA in eight career starts against Nashville, and Mathieu Garon is 2-6-2 with a 3.66 GAA, so it doesn't matter who is in goal for them tonight. Nashville is the play here.

Washington Capitals ML -165 vs. New Jersey Devils **2 UNITS**

- The Caps owe me one after that heartbreaking shootout loss to the Flyers, and I expect them to deliver tonight as they come off two losses to face a Devils team that is without Martin Brodeur and Zach Parise, and has a banged up Jamie Langebrunner. Washington is 8-1-2 in it's L11, and they haven't had a 3-game skid since last season's playoffs. Washington can put up goals in a hurry, and the Devils just can't compete, scoring 2 or fewer goals in 15 of 20 games. Washington is a solid play here.

I may add one more play later, but it's dependent upon the goaltending situation.
    Last edited by PSABB; 11-22-10 at 10:26 AM.

PSABB

Bad night, not only going 0-2 but seeing both teams get totally blown out by a combined score of 7-0. The funny thing is last year started out the same way for me. Guess I'm slow out of the gate, but I'll rebound. Always do.

Nashville Predators ML +123 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets *1 UNIT*
    Washington Capitals ML -165 vs. New Jersey Devils **2 UNITS**

NHL Season Record: 1-4, 25%, -5.69 UNITS

The game tonight doesn't fit into my statistical analysis, so no plays tonight. Be back tomorrow.