Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

So, I'm heading to the B's Home Opener tonight vs the Caps...(points)

Unfortunetly, I think that the Caps are the play. I'll give 20 points to anyone that makes the correct prediction and is the closest to the actual score!

Go B's.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

B's 2-1
    Points Awarded:

Joe Sharp gave GiveMeaBJ 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Was 4-3 OT (SO)-- hope that's specific enough.

DMB40
    DMB40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

wash 3-1

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Wash. 3-2 (no need for points, I have too many)

Bos +pl

u-6

Enjoy the game!

skidrow
    skidrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sharp View Post
    Unfortunetly, I think that the Caps are the play. I'll give 20 points to anyone that makes the correct prediction and is the closest to the actual score!

Go B's.
    the bruins are heading into the direction of confernce winner, already slapped out washington 4-1 the other night, i expect rask now will get a shutout tonight. to think the caps are that good? they're not.

4 solid lines of physical crushing, probably the best D in the league, and the best Goaltending duo of thomas and rask..go ahead, lay your coin on the caps...im not

skidrow

Go B's.
    5-0 - Boston Bruins - roll big on the Offense, and crush the caps on D and in net.
    Points Awarded:

Joe Sharp gave skidrow 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Takethebooki
    chizzy owes me 330 pts?
    Takethebooki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

B's win with shutout or 3-1 somewhere around there. rask is somehow now fighting for his starting position even though he is the next patrick roy. Competition only makes u play that much better.

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

3-2 Boston wins in O.T

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

3-2 Washington

Joe Sharp

I'm liking these predictions!

Skid... I love my B's and hope they win tonight. The 'better' team does not always win though. The road team in this series is something like 6-1. With the B's kicking their rear the other night the Caps will have some extra motivation. That said, the Home crowd in Boston will be a factor (I hope).

Joe Sharp

Quite the buzz here in Beantown. Puck heads are happy to have their B's back!!

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2285

5-2 Caps

skidrow

I'm liking these predictions!

Skid... I love my B's and hope they win tonight. The 'better' team does not always win though. The road team in this series is something like 6-1. With the B's kicking their rear the other night the Caps will have some extra motivation. That said, the Home crowd in Boston will be a factor (I hope).

i hear you bro, and all...but throw that out the window, and cash in truly on a better team from top to bottom. caps seriously played comeback hockey so far everygame against weaker teams, and then the bruins rolled into town, and we all cashed in... repeat game all over again... and the crowd is loud and proud tonight when we see why the conference will belong to beantown.

enjoy the game pal!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

3-2 boston
    boston scores first
    ends in shootout
    ovechkin scores 1 goal

Joe Sharp

Tim Thomas is fukkin on fire! 3-0 B's .... 2nd Int.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I should win that other guy who was close made 2 predictions.

Joe Sharp

BJ and Skid each get 10 pts.

What a game last night. The B's look solid!!

skidrow

BJ and Skid each get 10 pts.

What a game last night. The B's look solid!!

mr sharp, thank you so much. especially the points . im a little biased, im from toronto, im 43. the last time the leafs won a cup in 67, i was still 3 months away from being born... this city has done NOTHING in the NHL since original six teams. lol.

i became a bruins fan, at age 5, i saw, and remember that cup win by the legend ORR...and have been a die hard fan since. i handicapp hockey pretty good, its still a young season, theres not enough info and feel just yet. i always go on the fact that it takes a good 1/4 season ( 20 games) before you can really figure out the NHL, its a tough sport no matter what to handicapp.

teams that are just garbage one night, will come back the very next night and beat the best of the best, go figure. with hockey, alot really depends on the goaltending and the D. common sense, you fall apart there, or if even weak, you arent going to win many games. etc etc etc.

the boston bruins have been rebuidling that organization like those glory cup days, and i thought they were ready the last 2 seasons to make a run for it.

last season, and theres no excuse, all teams have injuries, etc, but the amount of man games missed by so many key bruin players, they did damn well, and that collapse against philly, well... it happens once in a blue moon. last blue moon was over 30 yrs ago. scrap the season last yr, and write it off as a "media and injury plagued" year. ie. the leaf trade/kessel fiasco, the savard concussion.

they are being very underated, or even worse, not respected, this team this season added a couple hot guns to score, especially Horton deal ( might be a 40 goal season) and the solid D, best in the league, and now, look at tim thomas, we've got the 2 best goalies in the league.

the bruins play a very Defense minded game, and thats the key to success, they are capable of shutting down their opponets 1-0, or pummel them 5-0, etc. take the last 2 capitals game, back to back beatings. ride these boys till the books figure they are for real. i do expect a run at the conference champs, and would love to see the bruins and hawks going for the cup this season, i thought for sure it was last yr.

slowly, the boston bruins will be the talk of the NHL. good luck on all bets sir, ,and most importantly...go bruins! nice start to the season.

Joe Sharp

anks for you input Skid. It's hard not to get excited as a true fan. I saw a lot of things first hand last night that makes me think the B's are going to put on a show each and every time out this year. We have 4 new forwards in the rotation this year including Horton (who has been outstanding)... And they are really hit their stride out of the gate. Chara SHUTDOWN Ovie last night and was rewarded with a last minute goal. I can't say enough about Tim Thomas.... Tukka is projected to be one of the best goalies in a while yet he can't even find his way to the ice! Seguin has a long way to go but MAN is he FAST! It'll come for sure. If Savard can make it back we really have a solid group. To top it off, last season a lot of these guys had "off" years... Here's looking to a great 2010-2011