Waz
    Waz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1894

Hockey futures

Anyone get some good lines for NHL futures? Here are a few of the bets that I really like:

Buffalo +3800 to win the Cup (with Miller in goal, he can carry them in the playoffs)
    NY Rangers +6600 to win the Cup (long shot here, but if they can find a way into the playoffs it's a nice bet)

Montreal UNDER 87.5 points (loss of Halak is huge and the injury to Markov doesn't help)
    Calgary UNDER 92.5 (played over their heads last year and are an aging team)

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

CGY had the 30th ranked offence in the league in terms of goal production last season... I don't think you can say they played over this heads in 2009-10. If anything, they should have fared much better in the standings. I can't think of many teams who underachieved more than the Flames last year!

ochenta y cinco

I do like the Sabres as a long shot. Maybe they'll do better in the underdog role, with the B's being the overwhelming favorites to come out on top of the NE division.

Don't waste your money on the Rags however...

Waz
    Waz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1894

Quote Originally Posted by ochenta y cinco View Post
    CGY had the 30th ranked offence in the league in terms of goal production last season... I don't think you can say they played over this heads in 2009-10. If anything, they should have fared much better in the standings. I can't think of many teams who underachieved more than the Flames last year!
    Right, with the 30th ranked offense they should not have achieved 40 wins and that's what I was referring to. They had 90 points last season and I don't see how they got any better.

ochenta y cinco

A bounce back season from Iginla and their top D Bouwmeester is all it would take for them to improve just a tiny bit on their last season 9th place finish. Their depth on offence is improved with a complete season out of Hagman, Backlund, Tanguay and Stajan (inj. ATM).

Too close of a call for me. I believe the Flames can end up anywhere between 6th and 10th in terms of ranking, and anywhere between ~88 and ~98 in terms of pts.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I have an idea...

zebraman
    zebraman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Devils to win the division at +150
    and Detroit to win the division at +150
    over 40.5 wins for Ottawa at +100
    under 44.5 wins for Philly at +100
    over 33.5 wins for Edmonton at -110

and for the cup, I like the Kings to win the cup as a nice +1800 and I like Buffalo as well to win the cup at +4300

CapsFan
    CapsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im not as negative on Calgary as you are but i like the other ones

Golokhov
    Golokhov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I'm under on the Flames. 90 points last year and they have to have 93 now? Old team that is fading - if they have a slow start, they are a candidate to be a big player at a trade deadline.