snipeshow23
    snipeshow23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 884

Free Agency

Some big names on the move and we're only an hour and a half in... A few others have resigned as well. Add anything you would like....

Gonchar (D) to Ottawa - 3 yrs/$16.5 m - Big move for the Sens... This helps them significantly on the back end.

Z. Michalek (D) to Pittsburgh - 5 yrs/$20 m - Looks like the replacement for Gonchar, but he isn't as good yet. Still, a terrific young D who is locked up for a while. A lot of potential in this guy.

Tanguay (F) resigned with Calgary - 1 yr/$1.7 m - Questionable.... Not worth this much money in my opinion, only had 37 points in 80 games last year. Hasn't done a whole lot in the NHL since leaving Colorado a while ago.

Biron (G) to New York R. - 2 yrs/$1.75 m - Should be a decent backup behind King Henrik...

Paille (F) resigns with Boston - 2 yrs/$2.15 m - Young guy, decent role player.

I'll keep them coming throughout the day for all the hockey fans...

snipeshow23

Auld (G) to Montreal - 1 yr/$1 mil - I don't get it... Montreal just loves bad goalies I guess, and for too much money.

snipeshow23

Colby Armstrong (F) to Toronto - 3 yrs/$9 m - Great player for Toronto. Hits and can score for a third liner, should fit in nicely with the Leafs.

Nittymaki (G) to San Jose - 2 yrs/$4 m - Scratching my head on this too... Not a starter. San Jose needs a goalie bad, and this signing won't cut it.

Malholtra (F) to Vancouver - 3 yrs/$7.5 m - Canucks pick up a decent role player here... Won't do much offensively, but is good in the D zone. Played well for San Jose in the playoffs this spring.

Morris (D) resigns with Phoenix - 4 yrs/$11 m - Good keep by the Yotes. Big D, huge shot...

Martin (D) to Pittsburgh - 5 yrs/$25 m - Good D, but was hurt all year last year.

Boogaard (F) to New York R. - 4 yrs/$6 m - No comment. Worst hockey player in the NHL, complete waste of money.

Ellis (G) to Tampa Bay - 2 yrs/$3 m - Big pick up for the Lightning. Stevie Y is trying to make some moves to get TB back to being a winner.
    Last edited by snipeshow23; 07-01-10 at 01:47 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

lol, PIT, NJ and OTT just switched D-men around

PIT- Paul martin
    NJ Anton Volchenkov
    Ott Sergei Gonchar

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4382

i think NJ improved a little with Volchenkov over Martin. big Russian is a big hitter and shot blocker

RevolverOcelot
    RevolverOcelot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vancouver has really improved.