Betpoints: 9053

if you laid the wood on penguins

you should quit gambling forever
    you take your shot on the dog in a 7th game or you layoff
    if its even money then knock yourself out and bet on either team

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Not true all the time, I mean the better team usually wins the series. Not in this case for the Caps and their recent victims the Pens. You cannot say bet the dog in all game 7s, its just not a logical betting style. In this case it worked out in the dogs favour but still not a logical betting style in any terms.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Not true all the time, I mean the better team usually wins the series. Not in this case for the Caps and their recent victims the Pens. You cannot say bet the dog in all game 7s, its just not a logical betting style. In this case it worked out in the dogs favour but still not a logical betting style in any terms.
    what i am saying is if the dog made it to a seventh game its retarded to lay a big ml on the fave
    this would apply to hockey and bases
    if its a point spread(baskets) - 55 then its irrelevant

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Gotta post stuff like this B4 the game gets going.

Hindsight works for everyone.

sharpmoney
    sharpmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

All the value was on montreal this game. Didn't have anything on the game though.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats to all Montreal and Over backers!

TylerDurden
    TylerDurden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    what i am saying is if the dog made it to a seventh game its retarded to lay a big ml on the fave this would apply to hockey and bases if its a point spread(baskets) - 55 then its irrelevant
    I sorta disagreed with you initially but that statement logically makes a lot of sense actually. Hockey (and baseball) are a lot different than other sports in terms of betting because one slip up can lead to anything happening. A much smaller margin for error than other sports. Good post, might've helped before the game started thought

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

The Habs are the real deal.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Montreal cannot do anything wrong it seems.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Well said sir. The principle of finding value and "it's worth a shot at that price" would apply to all games and all situations. Even though I took Mtl I was chewing the remote for most of the game-all the cards just happened to fall in the right spot for them. As Crosby said after "I've never come across a team that gets outshot 2-1 consistently and keeps on winning..." Strange series but this playoff hockey has been incredible for keeping NHL fans happy and bringing in new ones. Even if it confounds oddsmakers/bettors alike. Cheers